The General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport is a major airport located in Tijuana, Mexico. It serves as a gateway to the city and the surrounding region, providing both domestic and international flights. The airport is named after a former president of Mexico, Abelardo L. Rodriguez, who played a significant role in the development of the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport
- Other Airports in Baja California, Mexico
How to Get to General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport
General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport is located in Tijuana, Mexico, and is the second busiest airport in the country. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, or public transportation.
If you are driving to the airport, take the Tijuana-Ensenada toll road and follow the signs to the airport. There are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking.
Taxis are readily available throughout Tijuana and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The fare from downtown Tijuana to the airport is approximately $15 USD.
Public transportation options include the Tijuana Metrobus and the Tijuana Trolley. The Metrobus runs from downtown Tijuana to the airport and costs approximately $1 USD. The Tijuana Trolley is a light rail system that runs from the San Ysidro border crossing to the airport and costs approximately $2 USD.
No matter how you choose to get to General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport, be sure to allow plenty of time to navigate traffic and security checkpoints.
General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport, also known as Tijuana International Airport, is located in the city of Tijuana, Mexico. It is a busy airport that serves both domestic and international flights. If you are planning to travel to or from this airport, there are several transportation options available to you. Here are some of the most popular ones:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They are a convenient option if you have a lot of luggage or if you are traveling with a group. The fare is usually fixed, and you can pay in Mexican pesos or US dollars.
2. Uber: Uber is also available at the airport. You can book a ride using the Uber app on your smartphone. The fare is usually cheaper than a taxi, and you can pay using your credit card.
3. Shuttle Services: There are several shuttle services that operate from the airport to various destinations in Tijuana and San Diego. They are a cost-effective option if you are traveling alone or with a small group. You can book a shuttle in advance or at the airport.
4. Rental Cars: If you prefer to drive yourself, you can rent a car from one of the many car rental companies located at the airport. You will need a valid driver’s license and a credit card to rent a car.
5. Public Transportation: There are several public transportation options available from the airport, including buses and taxis. However, they can be crowded and not very convenient if you have a lot of luggage.
In conclusion, General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport offers several transportation options to suit your needs and budget. Whether you prefer to take a taxi, Uber, shuttle, rental car, or public transportation, you can easily get to your destination from the airport.
General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Terminal Parking: This parking area is located right in front of the airport terminal. It is the most convenient option for travelers who want to park their cars close to the airport entrance. The terminal parking area has both covered and uncovered parking spaces.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking area is located a short distance away from the airport terminal. It is ideal for travelers who need to park their cars for an extended period. The long-term parking area has both covered and uncovered parking spaces.
3. Economy Parking: This parking area is located farther away from the airport terminal. It is the most affordable parking option for travelers who are on a budget. The economy parking area has uncovered parking spaces only.
4. Valet Parking: This parking option is available for travelers who want the ultimate convenience. A valet attendant will park your car for you and retrieve it when you return. The valet parking area is located near the airport terminal.
All parking areas at General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport are secure and monitored 24/7. Travelers can pay for parking using cash or credit card at the parking kiosks located in each parking area.
Car Rental at General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport
General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport is located in Tijuana, Mexico, and is the fifth busiest airport in the country. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which serve both domestic and international flights.
Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and is primarily used for domestic flights. It has 12 gates and offers a range of services and amenities, including restaurants, shops, and currency exchange. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for passengers who want to relax before their flight.
Terminal 2 is the newer and larger terminal, which opened in 2015. It has 22 gates and serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and spacious, with a variety of shops, restaurants, and services available to passengers. It also has a VIP lounge, as well as a duty-free shopping area.
Both terminals at General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport are well-maintained and offer a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers. The airport is easily accessible from downtown Tijuana and offers a range of transportation options, including taxis, buses, and rental cars. Overall, the airport is a great option for those traveling to or from Tijuana.
4. Delta Air Lines
5. American Airlines
6. United Airlines
7. Southwest Airlines
8. Frontier Airlines
9. Air Canada Rouge
11. Sun Country Airlines
12. Spirit Airlines
13. JetBlue Airways
14. Alaska Airlines
15. Copa Airlines
17. LATAM Airlines
19. TAR Aerolineas
General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport, located in Tijuana, Mexico, has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. The airport has a comprehensive security system that includes surveillance cameras, metal detectors, X-ray machines, and explosive detection systems. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights.
The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and ensuring that all security protocols are followed. They are equipped with the latest technology and are trained to handle any security-related incidents that may occur.
In addition to these measures, the airport has implemented a number of other security protocols, such as restricting access to certain areas of the airport, conducting background checks on airport employees, and working closely with law enforcement agencies to identify potential threats.
Overall, General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These protocols are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure that they remain effective in the face of evolving security threats.
General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport, located in Tijuana, Mexico, offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s staff is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and assistance to all passengers, regardless of their needs.
One of the most notable traveler’s assistance services offered at General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport is the VIP Lounge. This exclusive lounge provides a comfortable and relaxing environment for passengers to wait for their flights. The lounge offers complimentary snacks and beverages, free Wi-Fi, and comfortable seating. Additionally, passengers can enjoy access to private restrooms and showers, as well as a range of other amenities.
Another valuable service offered at the airport is the wheelchair assistance program. This program is designed to assist passengers with mobility issues, ensuring that they can navigate the airport with ease. The airport’s staff is trained to provide assistance with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft, as well as navigating the airport’s facilities.
Overall, General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport is committed to providing exceptional traveler’s assistance services to all passengers. Whether you require wheelchair assistance or simply need a comfortable place to wait for your flight, the airport’s staff is dedicated to ensuring that your travel experience is as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport, located in Tijuana, Mexico, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
– Duty Free: This shop offers a wide range of tax-free products, including liquor, tobacco, cosmetics, and electronics.
– Tienda de Artesanías: This store sells traditional Mexican handicrafts, such as pottery, textiles, and jewelry.
– Sunglass Hut: This shop offers a selection of sunglasses from popular brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and Maui Jim.
– Hudson News: This store sells newspapers, magazines, books, snacks, and souvenirs.
– Starbucks: This popular coffee chain offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as pastries and sandwiches.
– Carl’s Jr.: This fast food restaurant serves burgers, fries, and other American-style fare.
– Baja Fresh: This restaurant specializes in Mexican cuisine, including tacos, burritos, and salads.
– California Pizza Kitchen: This chain restaurant offers a variety of pizzas, salads, and pastas.
– La Pausa: This restaurant serves traditional Mexican dishes, such as enchiladas, chiles rellenos, and mole.
Overall, General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport provides a range of shopping and dining options to meet the needs of travelers passing through.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport in Tijuana, Mexico, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Catholic Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the food court, the Catholic Chapel is open 24/7 and offers a peaceful space for prayer and reflection. It features a small altar, religious icons, and seating for up to 20 people.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the international arrivals area, the Muslim Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers. It features a prayer rug, a Quran, and a washroom for ablution.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the domestic arrivals area, the Multi-Faith Prayer Room is open 24/7 and welcomes passengers of all faiths. It features a quiet space for meditation, religious texts, and seating for up to 10 people.
4. Evangelical Christian Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the international departures area, the Evangelical Christian Chapel is open 24/7 and offers a space for Christian passengers to pray and worship. It features a small altar, religious icons, and seating for up to 20 people.
Overall, General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to accommodate the diverse religious needs of its passengers. These facilities are easily accessible and offer a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport in Tijuana, Mexico offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several options for workspace. There are designated workstations with power outlets and comfortable seating located throughout the terminal, as well as private lounges that can be rented for a fee.
Business Center: The airport also has a fully-equipped business center that provides printing, scanning, and faxing services, as well as access to computers and other office equipment.
Meeting Rooms: For travelers who need to hold a meeting or conference, the airport has several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate groups of various sizes.
Overall, General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
The General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport offers passengers a range of lounges where they can relax and enjoy the comforts of their journey. Here is a list of the lounges located at the airport:
- The Salon Premier Lounge – Located in the International Departures Terminal.
- The Salon Premier Oasis Lounge – Located in the International Departures Terminal.
- The Salon Premier Business Club – Located in the International Departures Terminal.
- The Salon Premier Executive Club – Located in the International Departures Terminal.
- The Salon Premier Club – Located in the Domestic Departures Terminal.
- The Salon Premier Oasis Lounge – Located in the Domestic Departures Terminal.
- The Salon Premier Business Club – Located in the Domestic Departures Terminal.
- The Salon Premier Executive Club – Located in the Domestic Departures Terminal.
Accomodation Options Nearby General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport
When it comes to finding the perfect accommodation near General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport, you’ll be pleased to discover a range of choices to suit every budget and preference. Whether you’re seeking a budget-friendly stay or looking to indulge in luxury, here are several accommodation options conveniently located near the airport:
1. Economy Hotels:
– Budget Inn – A wallet-friendly option offering clean and comfortable rooms, perfect for travelers on a tight budget.
– Motel 6 – Known for its affordable rates and basic yet functional accommodations, this popular chain is a great choice for those seeking simplicity.
2. Mid-Range Hotels:
– Holiday Inn Express Tijuana – Located just a short distance from the airport, this hotel offers modern amenities, cozy rooms, and a complimentary breakfast to start your day off right.
– Hotel Ticuan – Situated in the heart of Tijuana, this mid-range hotel boasts a blend of comfort, affordability, and a convenient location near various attractions.
3. Upscale Hotels:
– Hotel Las Rosas – Offering elegant rooms, luxurious amenities, and excellent service, this upscale hotel ensures a sophisticated and pleasant stay.
– Hyatt Place Tijuana – Known for its modern design and upscale facilities, Hyatt Place provides spacious rooms, stunning views, and a range of dining options to cater to your every need.
4. Boutique Hotels:
– Hotel Ticuan Centro Cultural – A charming boutique hotel that combines comfort, style, and a unique cultural experience, with beautifully designed rooms and a friendly atmosphere.
– Villa Saverios – Nestled in a residential area, this boutique hotel offers a peaceful retreat, personalized service, and gourmet dining.
5. Airport Transit Hotel:
– Aeropuerto de Tijuana Hotel – Located within the airport premises, this convenient transit hotel provides cozy, well-equipped rooms for short layovers or late arrivals.
No matter your budget or preferences, General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport and its surrounding areas offer a wide range of accommodation options to ensure a comfortable stay during your visit to Tijuana. Take your time to weigh the features and conveniences each hotel offers, and choose the one that best fits your travel needs.
1. Revolución Avenue: Located just a 10-minute drive from General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport, Revolución Avenue is a historic street known for its lively atmosphere and iconic landmarks. Visitors can explore numerous shops, restaurants, and cultural sites, including the famous Monumento a la Revolución.
2. Palacio de Bellas Artes: This stunning architectural masterpiece is a must-visit attraction close to the airport. Located approximately 20 minutes away, the Palacio de Bellas Artes is a cultural hub that hosts a diverse range of artistic performances and exhibitions.
3. Zócalo: Situated only 10 kilometers from the airport, Zócalo is the main square of Mexico City and an essential historical site. Tourists can admire the impressive Metropolitan Cathedral, the National Palace, and the Aztec ruins of Templo Mayor.
4. Museo Frida Kahlo: Roughly 20 minutes from the airport, the Museo Frida Kahlo is a fascinating museum dedicated to the life and artwork of the renowned Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. Visitors can explore her former residence and immerse themselves in her captivating world.
5. Xochimilco: Located about 15 kilometers south of the airport, Xochimilco offers a unique experience through its famous floating gardens and vibrant trajineras (decorated Mexican boats). Visitors can enjoy a scenic canal cruise while being serenaded by traditional musicians.
6. National Museum of Anthropology: Situated within Chapultepec Park, around 30 minutes from the airport, the National Museum of Anthropology is a world-class institution that showcases the rich pre-Columbian history of Mexico. Its extensive collection provides a profound insight into the diverse indigenous cultures of the country.
7. Chapultepec Castle: Perched on a hill in Chapultepec Park, this opulent castle offers panoramic views of Mexico City. Approximately 30 minutes from the airport, the castle houses the National Museum of History and is surrounded by beautiful gardens perfect for a leisurely stroll.
8. Teotihuacan: Situated roughly 45 kilometers northeast of the airport, Teotihuacan is home to the impressive ancient Mesoamerican city of the same name. Visitors can marvel at iconic structures like the Pyramid of the Sun and the Temple of the Feathered Serpent.
9. Coyoacán: Located approximately 20 minutes from the airport, Coyoacán is a charming neighborhood renowned for its bohemian atmosphere and colonial architecture. Tourists can explore the famous Frida Kahlo Museum, enjoy the bustling markets, or relax in one of the picturesque parks.
10. Soumaya Museum: Situated in the upscale Polanco district, around 40 minutes from the airport, the Soumaya Museum houses an extensive collection of artworks spanning various periods and styles. Its unique architectural design alone is worth a visit.
Please note that the travel times provided are approximate and may vary depending on traffic conditions.
History of General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport
General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport is located in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. The airport was named after Abelardo L. Rodriguez, who was a former president of Mexico. The airport was originally built in 1951 and was known as Tijuana International Airport. It was later renamed in honor of Abelardo L. Rodriguez in 1970.
The airport has undergone several renovations and expansions over the years to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 2015, a new terminal building was opened, which increased the airport’s capacity to handle up to 10 million passengers annually. The airport also has two runways, one of which is the longest in Mexico, measuring 3,300 meters.
General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport is an important gateway between Mexico and the United States. It is located just 20 kilometers from the San Diego-Tijuana border, making it a popular destination for travelers from both countries. The airport serves several airlines, including Aeromexico, Volaris, and Southwest Airlines, and offers flights to destinations throughout Mexico, the United States, and Canada. Overall, General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport plays a vital role in the transportation infrastructure of the region and continues to grow and evolve to meet the needs of travelers.
Other Airports in Baja California, Mexico
- General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport
- General Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada International Airport