General Mitchell International Airport is a public airport located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is the largest airport in Wisconsin and serves as a hub for several major airlines, including Southwest and Delta. The airport offers a variety of amenities and services to passengers, including dining options, retail shops, and free Wi-Fi.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to General Mitchell International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at General Mitchell International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby General Mitchell International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of General Mitchell International Airport
- Other Airports in Wisconsin, United States
How to Get to General Mitchell International Airport
General Mitchell International Airport is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and is easily accessible by car, bus, or shuttle. If you are driving, take I-94 East or West and follow the signs to the airport. There are several parking options available, including hourly, daily, and economy parking.
If you prefer to take public transportation, the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) offers several bus routes that stop at the airport. Route 80 connects downtown Milwaukee to the airport, while Route 57 connects the airport to the suburbs. You can purchase bus tickets at the airport or on the MCTS app.
Another option is to take a shuttle service, such as Go Riteway or Airport Connection. These services offer door-to-door transportation from your home or hotel to the airport. You can book a shuttle online or by phone.
No matter how you choose to get to General Mitchell International Airport, be sure to allow plenty of time for traffic and security checkpoints. It is recommended to arrive at least two hours before your flight for domestic travel and three hours for international travel.
General Mitchell International Airport, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to get to and from the airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Rental Cars: Several rental car companies, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National, have offices at the airport. Rental cars can be booked in advance or on-site, and are a convenient option for those who want to explore the city on their own.
2. Taxis: Taxis are available outside of the baggage claim area of the airport. Fares are metered and vary depending on the destination. Taxis are a good option for those who want a quick and direct ride to their destination.
3. Ride-Sharing Services: Uber and Lyft are both available at General Mitchell International Airport. Passengers can request a ride through the app and be picked up at the designated ride-share pickup area outside of baggage claim.
4. Shuttle Services: Several shuttle services, such as Go Riteway and Airport Connection, provide transportation to and from the airport. These services offer shared rides and private transfers to hotels and other destinations in the area.
5. Public Transportation: The Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) offers several bus routes that stop at the airport. Passengers can take the GreenLine or Route 80 to downtown Milwaukee and other destinations. Fares are affordable, and buses run frequently throughout the day.
No matter which transportation option you choose, General Mitchell International Airport offers a variety of convenient and affordable ways to get to your destination.
General Mitchell International Airport offers a variety of parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Hourly Parking: This parking option is located in the covered parking garage adjacent to the terminal. It is ideal for short-term parking needs and is available at a rate of $2 per hour.
2. Daily Parking: This parking option is also located in the covered parking garage adjacent to the terminal. It is ideal for travelers who need to park for a day or two and is available at a rate of $14 per day.
3. Surface Parking: This parking option is located across from the terminal and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period. It is available at a rate of $10 per day.
4. SuperSaver Parking: This parking option is located off-site and is ideal for travelers who are looking for an affordable long-term parking option. It is available at a rate of $7 per day and includes a free shuttle service to and from the terminal.
5. Valet Parking: This parking option is located in the covered parking garage adjacent to the terminal and is ideal for travelers who are looking for a convenient parking option. It is available at a rate of $25 per day.
No matter which parking option you choose, General Mitchell International Airport offers safe and secure parking facilities for all travelers.
Car Rental at General Mitchell International Airport
General Mitchell International Airport is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and serves as the largest airport in the state. The airport has two terminals, the Main Terminal and the International Terminal. The Main Terminal is divided into three concourses, Concourse C, Concourse D, and Concourse E. Concourse C serves Southwest Airlines, Concourse D serves Delta Air Lines and Frontier Airlines, and Concourse E serves American Airlines and United Airlines.
The International Terminal is located adjacent to the Main Terminal and serves international flights. It has two levels, with the upper level being used for departures and the lower level for arrivals. The International Terminal has a variety of amenities, including duty-free shopping, restaurants, and lounges. It also has a Federal Inspection Station for customs and immigration processing.
Both terminals at General Mitchell International Airport offer a range of services and amenities for travelers, including free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and baggage storage. The airport also has a variety of dining options, from fast food to sit-down restaurants, as well as shops and newsstands. Additionally, the airport offers a variety of parking options, including hourly, daily, and economy parking, as well as valet parking. Overall, General Mitchell International Airport provides a convenient and comfortable travel experience for passengers.
1. Air Canada
2. Alaska Airlines
3. American Airlines
4. Delta Air Lines
5. Frontier Airlines
6. Southwest Airlines
7. United Airlines
8. Volaris Airlines
General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, has implemented a number of security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These protocols are designed to prevent potential threats and to quickly respond to any security incidents that may occur.
One of the key security measures at General Mitchell International Airport is the use of advanced screening technology. This includes full-body scanners, which use millimeter-wave technology to detect any potential threats on a passenger’s body. In addition, the airport uses X-ray machines to scan carry-on luggage and checked baggage for any prohibited items.
Another important security protocol at General Mitchell International Airport is the use of trained security personnel. These individuals are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security incidents that may occur. They are trained to identify potential threats and to take appropriate action to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
Finally, General Mitchell International Airport has implemented a number of access control measures to prevent unauthorized individuals from entering secure areas of the airport. This includes the use of security checkpoints, ID checks, and restricted access areas for airport personnel.
Overall, General Mitchell International Airport has implemented a comprehensive set of security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These measures are constantly reviewed and updated to ensure that they remain effective in the face of evolving security threats.
General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin offers a variety of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all travelers, including those with disabilities, families with young children, and international travelers.
One of the most notable traveler’s assistance services offered at General Mitchell International Airport is the TSA PreCheck program. This program allows eligible travelers to enjoy expedited security screening, which can save a significant amount of time and hassle. Additionally, the airport offers wheelchair and mobility assistance, as well as special assistance for travelers with visual or hearing impairments.
For families traveling with young children, General Mitchell International Airport offers a variety of amenities, including family restrooms, nursing rooms, and play areas. The airport also provides strollers and car seats for rent, making it easier for families to travel with young children.
Finally, for international travelers, General Mitchell International Airport offers a variety of services to help navigate the customs and immigration process. These services include translation assistance, currency exchange, and information on local customs and culture.
Overall, General Mitchell International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make travel as easy and stress-free as possible. Whether you’re a frequent traveler or a first-time flyer, these services can help ensure a smooth and enjoyable travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
– Brighton Collectibles: This shop offers a variety of stylish accessories, including handbags, jewelry, and sunglasses.
– Harley-Davidson: For motorcycle enthusiasts, this shop offers a range of Harley-Davidson merchandise, including clothing, accessories, and souvenirs.
– Hudson: This travel convenience store offers a variety of snacks, drinks, and travel essentials, as well as books, magazines, and electronics.
– InMotion Entertainment: This electronics store offers a range of gadgets and accessories, including headphones, speakers, and chargers.
– PGA Tour Shop: Golf fans will enjoy browsing this shop’s selection of golf apparel, accessories, and souvenirs.
– Auntie Anne’s: This popular pretzel chain offers a variety of sweet and savory pretzel options, as well as drinks and snacks.
– Chili’s Too: This restaurant offers a range of American favorites, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads, as well as a full bar.
– Starbucks: This coffee chain offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, as well as snacks and pastries.
– Summerfest Marketplace: This food court-style area offers a variety of local and regional food options, including burgers, pizza, and Mexican cuisine.
– Usinger’s Deli: This deli offers a variety of sandwiches, soups, and salads, as well as a selection of meats and cheeses to take home.
Overall, General Mitchell International Airport offers a range of shopping and dining options to suit a variety of tastes and preferences.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers of different faiths. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the third floor of the main terminal, near the escalators, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. It features a peaceful and quiet space for meditation, prayer, and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the third floor of the main terminal, near the escalators. It is open 24/7 and provides a clean and private space for Muslim travelers to perform their daily prayers.
3. Christian Prayer Room – The Christian Prayer Room is located on the third floor of the main terminal, near the escalators. It is open 24/7 and offers a quiet and serene space for Christian travelers to pray and reflect.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the third floor of the main terminal, near the escalators. It is open 24/7 and provides a peaceful and private space for Jewish travelers to pray and observe their religious practices.
Overall, General Mitchell International Airport recognizes the importance of providing prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers of different faiths. These facilities offer a welcoming and inclusive environment for people to practice their religion and find solace during their travels.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
General Mitchell International Airport offers a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace: For those who need to get work done while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport has a business center located in the main terminal, which offers private workstations, printing and copying services, and other amenities. Additionally, there are several seating areas throughout the terminal that are equipped with power outlets and USB ports, allowing travelers to charge their devices and work comfortably.
Lounges: General Mitchell International Airport also has several lounges that offer additional workspace facilities. The Delta Sky Club and the United Club both provide comfortable seating, workstations, and complimentary WiFi for members and eligible passengers.
Overall, General Mitchell International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has you covered.
General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) offers a variety of lounges for travelers to enjoy while waiting for their flight. Here is a list of the lounges and their respective locations:
- Admirals Club – Concourse D
- Delta Sky Club – Concourse C
- The Club MKE – Concourse E
- United Club – Concourse C
Accomodation Options Nearby General Mitchell International Airport
General Mitchell International Airport offers a range of accommodation options conveniently located near the airport premises, catering to all budgets and preferences. Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly stay or a luxurious experience, you will find suitable accommodation to suit your needs. Here are some options available:
1. Hotels within walking distance:
– The Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport: Located right across from the terminal, this modern hotel offers comfortable rooms, a fitness center, a pool, and a complimentary airport shuttle service.
– Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport: Situated less than a mile away, this stylish hotel provides spacious rooms, an outdoor pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and a free shuttle to the airport.
2. Budget-friendly options:
– Super 8 by Wyndham Milwaukee Airport: This affordable hotel is just a short drive from the airport and provides comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast, and free airport shuttle service.
– Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport: Offering spacious suites at an affordable price, this hotel features a free 24-hour airport shuttle, an indoor pool, and a daily hot breakfast.
3. Mid-range comfort:
– Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Airport: Conveniently located near the airport, this hotel offers modern rooms, an on-site restaurant, a fitness center, and a complimentary airport shuttle.
– Holiday Inn Milwaukee Airport: Providing comfortable rooms, a restaurant, a fitness center, and a free airport shuttle, this hotel also offers park and fly options for travelers.
4. Luxury accommodations:
– Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport: Featuring upscale rooms, a refined restaurant, an indoor pool, and a complimentary airport shuttle, this hotel offers a luxurious stay with attentive service.
– Hilton Milwaukee City Center: Situated a short drive from the airport, this historic hotel offers elegant rooms, multiple dining options, a fitness center, a spa, and upscale amenities.
These accommodation options near General Mitchell International Airport ensure convenient access while offering diverse choices to meet various budgets and preferences. Remember to check the availability of shuttle services and any additional amenities offered when making your booking.
1. Milwaukee Art Museum: Located just 8 miles from the airport, the Milwaukee Art Museum is a must-visit attraction for art enthusiasts. Boasting a fantastic collection of over 30,000 works of art, including pieces by renowned artists like Picasso and Warhol, this iconic museum offers a unique blend of modern and classic art.
2. Harley-Davidson Museum: Motorcycle enthusiasts will find their paradise at the Harley-Davidson Museum, situated only 15 minutes away from the airport. Explore the history and culture of the iconic American brand through interactive exhibits, rare artifacts, and a collection of vintage motorcycles that have defined the open road.
3. Historic Third Ward: Located 10 miles from the airport, the Historic Third Ward is a vibrant neighborhood in downtown Milwaukee. Known for its charming boutiques, eclectic art galleries, and trendy restaurants, this district offers a unique shopping and dining experience with a mix of historic buildings and contemporary architecture.
4. Milwaukee Public Market: Just a short drive from the airport, the Milwaukee Public Market is a food lover’s paradise. This bustling indoor market features a wide array of vendors offering a variety of fresh produce, local cheeses, seafood, artisanal chocolates, and more. Grab a bite to eat or pick up some culinary souvenirs before or after your flight.
5. Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (The Domes): Situated within a 15-minute drive of the airport, The Domes is a majestic botanical oasis. These three enormous glass domes house a stunning array of plants from around the world, including tropical rainforests, desert landscapes, and seasonal floral displays. Explore the serene beauty of the gardens and escape into nature’s embrace.
6. Discovery World: Located approximately 4 miles from the airport, Discovery World is an interactive science and technology museum overlooking Lake Michigan. Perfect for families, this museum features hands-on exhibits, interactive displays, and an aquarium, where you can get up close and personal with aquatic creatures.
7. Milwaukee County Zoo: Situated about 11 miles from the airport, the Milwaukee County Zoo is one of the largest and most popular zoos in the country. Home to over 2,000 animals representing 300 species, this expansive zoo offers visitors the chance to observe everything from lions and giraffes to penguins and polar bears.
8. Milwaukee Public Museum: Located just 10 miles from the airport, the Milwaukee Public Museum is an immersive journey through natural and human history. Discover life-like recreations of dinosaurs, explore ancient civilizations, and witness the breathtaking diversity of our planet. The museum also houses one of the world’s largest butterfly exhibits, allowing visitors to interact with these delicate creatures.
9. Potawatomi Hotel & Casino: Just a short drive away from the airport, the Potawatomi Hotel & Casino offers endless entertainment options for those looking to try their luck. Featuring thousands of slot machines, table games, and a variety of bars and restaurants, this vibrant casino provides a lively and thrilling atmosphere.
10. Lakefront Brewery: Less than 5 miles from the airport, Lakefront Brewery provides an authentic taste of Milwaukee’s brewing heritage. Take a guided tour of the facility to learn about the beer-making process while enjoying samples of their award-winning craft brews. With its lively beer hall and stunning riverside patio, this brewery offers a perfect outing for beer enthusiasts and those looking to experience Milwaukee’s famous brewing scene.
History of General Mitchell International Airport
General Mitchell International Airport is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and is named after General Billy Mitchell, a pioneer of military aviation. The airport was originally established in 1920 as a military airfield and was named Milwaukee County Airport. In 1941, the airport was renamed General Mitchell Field in honor of General Mitchell’s contributions to aviation.
During World War II, General Mitchell Field played a crucial role in the war effort by serving as a training center for military pilots. After the war, the airport underwent significant expansion and modernization to accommodate the growing demand for air travel. In the 1950s and 1960s, the airport added new runways, terminals, and parking facilities to keep up with the increasing number of passengers.
Today, General Mitchell International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the Midwest, serving over 6 million passengers annually. The airport is home to several major airlines, including Delta, Southwest, and United, and offers nonstop flights to over 50 destinations across the United States and Canada. In recent years, the airport has continued to invest in upgrades and improvements to enhance the passenger experience, including the addition of new restaurants, shops, and amenities.
Other Airports in Wisconsin, United States
- Austin Straubel International Airport
- Central Wisconsin Airport
- Chippewa Valley Regional Airport
- Dane County Regional Truax Field
- General Mitchell International Airport
- Kenosha Regional Airport
- La Crosse Regional Airport
- New Richmond Regional Airport
- Rhinelander Oneida County Airport
- Sawyer County Airport
- Volk Field
- Wausau Downtown Airport
- Wittman Regional Airport