Goderich Airport is a small regional airport located in Huron County, Ontario, Canada. It serves as an important transportation hub for the local community and provides access to various destinations across the province.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Goderich Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Goderich Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Goderich Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Goderich Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Goderich Airport
Goderich Airport is located in Huron County, Ontario, Canada. To get to the airport, you can take Highway 21 and turn onto Airport Road. The airport is located at the end of Airport Road.
If you are coming from the north, take Highway 21 south and turn right onto Airport Road. If you are coming from the south, take Highway 21 north and turn left onto Airport Road.
There are also several taxi and shuttle services available in the area that can take you directly to the airport. Additionally, if you are driving, there is ample parking available at the airport.
Overall, getting to Goderich Airport is a straightforward process. Whether you are driving or taking a taxi, simply follow the directions to Airport Road and you will arrive at the airport in no time.
Goderich Airport is a small regional airport located in Huron County, Ontario, Canada. While it may not have as many transportation options as larger airports, there are still several ways to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can take you to your destination. It is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Enterprise and Budget. Renting a car is a convenient option if you plan on exploring the area.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Check with your accommodation to see if they offer this service.
4. Public transportation: There is no direct public transportation to the airport, but you can take a bus or train to nearby towns and then take a taxi or shuttle to the airport.
5. Private car service: Private car services, such as Uber or Lyft, are available in the area and can be booked through their respective apps.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability and to avoid any last-minute stress.
Goderich Airport offers convenient and affordable car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas available and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the airport terminal building. It is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The hourly rate is reasonable, and the maximum daily rate is also affordable.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building. It is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period, such as a week or more. The daily rate is lower than the short-term parking, making it a cost-effective option for long-term travelers.
3. Economy Parking: This parking area is located farther from the terminal building, but it offers the lowest daily rate. It is ideal for those who are looking for a budget-friendly parking option. A shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the terminal building.
All parking areas at Goderich Airport are well-lit, secure, and monitored by CCTV cameras. Passengers can rest assured that their vehicles are safe while they are away.
Car Rental at Goderich Airport
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
- U-Save Car & Truck Rental
Goderich Airport Terminals is a small airport located in the town of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for general aviation and the other for commercial flights. The general aviation terminal is used by private pilots and small aircraft owners, while the commercial terminal is used by airlines such as Air Canada and WestJet.
The airport has a single runway that is 5,000 feet long and 100 feet wide. The runway is made of asphalt and is capable of handling small to medium-sized aircraft. The airport also has a small parking lot for passengers and visitors.
The commercial terminal at Goderich Airport Terminals has a small waiting area for passengers, as well as a check-in counter and baggage claim area. There are also a few vending machines and a small gift shop. The general aviation terminal has a lounge area for pilots and passengers, as well as a small flight planning room.
Overall, Goderich Airport Terminals is a small but efficient airport that serves the needs of the local community and visitors to the area. Its convenient location and friendly staff make it a popular choice for those traveling to and from Goderich and the surrounding areas.
- Air Canada: Offers scheduled passenger service to and from Calgary, Toronto and Ottawa.
- WestJet Encore: Offers scheduled passenger service to and from Calgary.
- Porter Airlines: Offers scheduled passenger service to and from Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport.
- Air Georgian: Offers scheduled passenger service to and from Toronto.
Goderich Airport is a small regional airport located in Ontario, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the primary security measures at Goderich Airport is the use of security screening. All passengers and their belongings are screened before boarding their flights. This includes a thorough check of carry-on luggage, as well as a full-body scan for each passenger. The airport also employs trained security personnel who monitor the screening process and are trained to identify any potential threats.
In addition to screening, Goderich Airport also has strict access control measures in place. Only authorized personnel are allowed to enter certain areas of the airport, such as the runway and the baggage handling area. The airport also uses surveillance cameras to monitor activity in and around the airport, further enhancing its security measures.
Overall, Goderich Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These measures include security screening, access control, and surveillance, all of which work together to create a safe and secure environment for everyone at the airport.
Goderich Airport is a small regional airport located in Huron County, Ontario, Canada. The airport offers a range of services to travelers, including traveler’s assistance. The traveler’s assistance program is designed to provide support and assistance to passengers who require additional help during their travel experience.
The traveler’s assistance program at Goderich Airport includes a team of trained professionals who are available to assist passengers with a range of needs. This includes assistance with check-in, baggage handling, and navigating the airport. The team is also available to provide assistance to passengers with disabilities or special needs, such as wheelchair assistance or assistance with hearing or vision impairments.
In addition to the traveler’s assistance program, Goderich Airport also offers a range of other services to travelers. These include car rental services, a café and lounge area, and free Wi-Fi throughout the airport. The airport is also conveniently located near a range of local attractions, including Lake Huron and the historic town of Goderich. Overall, Goderich Airport is committed to providing a comfortable and convenient travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Goderich Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
-Goderich Airport Gift Shop: Offers a selection of souvenirs, apparel, and gifts.
-The Hangar: Offers a selection of aviation-themed gifts and apparel.
-The Flight Deck Café: Offers a variety of breakfast and lunch options, including sandwiches, salads, and hot entrees.
-The Pilot’s Lounge: Offers a selection of beer, wine, and cocktails, as well as light snacks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Goderich Airport is a small regional airport located in Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The airport provides a peaceful and serene environment for travelers, including those who wish to pray or worship. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Goderich Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the main level of the airport terminal, the Multi-Faith Prayer Room is open to all travelers and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection. The room is equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other resources for various faiths.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian Chapel is located on the second level of the airport terminal and is open to all travelers. The chapel provides a space for Christian worship and prayer, and is equipped with a Bible, hymnals, and other resources.
3. Outdoor Meditation Garden – The Outdoor Meditation Garden is located outside the airport terminal and provides a peaceful space for meditation and reflection. The garden features benches, a fountain, and beautiful landscaping.
Overall, Goderich Airport provides several options for travelers who wish to pray or worship, regardless of their faith. These spaces are designed to provide a peaceful and welcoming environment for all travelers.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Goderich Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, allowing you to stay connected to the internet throughout your time at the airport. Whether you need to check your emails, browse the web, or stream videos, you can do so without any interruptions.
In addition to WiFi, Goderich Airport also provides workspace facilities for those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight. The airport has a designated area with tables and chairs where you can set up your laptop and work in a quiet and comfortable environment. The workspace area is well-lit and equipped with power outlets, so you can charge your devices while you work.
Overall, Goderich Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to make your travel experience as convenient and comfortable as possible. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and entertained while you wait for your flight.
- The Escape Lounge at Goderich Airport – located in the main departure lounge
- The Executive Lounge at Goderich Airport – located in the main departure lounge
- The Breeze Lounge at Goderich Airport – located in the main departure lounge
Accomodation Options Nearby Goderich Airport
Goderich Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to suit any traveler’s needs.
1. Goderich Inn & Suites: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms with free WiFi, a fitness center, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
2. Best Western Plus Governor’s Inn: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including an indoor pool, a fitness center, and free WiFi.
3. Comfort Inn Goderich: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a free hot breakfast, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
4. Goderich Motel: This motel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers comfortable rooms with free WiFi and a complimentary continental breakfast.
5. Goderich Bed & Breakfast: This bed and breakfast is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers comfortable rooms with free WiFi and a complimentary breakfast.
Goderich Airport is located in the beautiful town of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The airport is surrounded by many attractions that are worth visiting. Here are some of the top attractions near Goderich Airport:
1. Lake Huron: Lake Huron is one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world and is located just a few kilometers from Goderich Airport. Visitors can enjoy swimming, boating, fishing, and other water activities on the lake.
2. Goderich Beach: Goderich Beach is a beautiful sandy beach located on the shores of Lake Huron. The beach is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing.
3. Huron Historic Gaol: The Huron Historic Gaol is a former prison that is now a museum. Visitors can learn about the history of the prison and see exhibits on the lives of the prisoners.
4. Maitland Trail: The Maitland Trail is a 50-kilometer hiking trail that runs through the countryside surrounding Goderich. The trail offers stunning views of the landscape and is a great way to explore the area.
5. Huron County Museum: The Huron County Museum is a museum that showcases the history of the region. Visitors can see exhibits on the area’s agricultural heritage, local industries, and more.
6. Point Farms Provincial Park: Point Farms Provincial Park is a beautiful park located on the shores of Lake Huron. The park offers camping, hiking, and swimming opportunities.
7. Goderich Farmers’ Market: The Goderich Farmers’ Market is a weekly market that sells fresh produce, baked goods, and other local products. The market is a great place to sample the local cuisine and meet the locals.
8. Skydive Burnaby: Skydive Burnaby is a skydiving center located near Goderich Airport. Visitors can experience the thrill of skydiving while enjoying stunning views of the area.
Overall, Goderich Airport is surrounded by many attractions that offer something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in outdoor activities, history, or local culture, there’s plenty to see and do in the area.
History of Goderich Airport
Goderich Airport, also known as Huron County Airport, is a small airport located in Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The airport was established in 1963 and was initially used for recreational purposes. In the early 1970s, the airport was expanded to accommodate larger aircraft and to serve as a hub for commercial flights.
Over the years, Goderich Airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 2005, a new terminal building was constructed to replace the old one, which was no longer able to meet the needs of the growing number of passengers. The new terminal features modern amenities such as a restaurant, a gift shop, and a lounge area.
Today, Goderich Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the Huron County region. It provides regular flights to Toronto and other major cities in Canada, as well as charter flights for business and leisure travelers. The airport also hosts various aviation events and activities throughout the year, including air shows, fly-ins, and pilot training programs. With its rich history and modern facilities, Goderich Airport continues to play a vital role in the local community and the aviation industry as a whole.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport