The Grand Forks Airport is a public airport located in Grand Forks, North Dakota. It is the third busiest airport in the state and serves as a major hub for air cargo operations.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Grand Forks Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Grand Forks Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Grand Forks Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Grand Forks Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Grand Forks Airport
Grand Forks Airport is located in Grand Forks, North Dakota. To get to the airport, there are several options available. If you are driving, the airport is located just off of I-29, and there is ample parking available on-site. If you are coming from downtown Grand Forks, take Demers Avenue east until you reach the airport.
If you prefer public transportation, there are several taxi and shuttle services available in the area. These services can be booked in advance or on the day of your travel. Additionally, many hotels in the area offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport.
If you are flying into Grand Forks Airport, there are several airlines that operate out of the airport, including Delta, Allegiant, and United. The airport offers a variety of amenities, including restaurants, shops, and free Wi-Fi. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, Grand Forks Airport is a convenient and accessible option for your travel needs.
Grand Forks International Airport (GFK) is a small airport located in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at or departing from the airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They are a convenient option for travelers who want to get to their destination quickly and without any hassle. The fare for a taxi ride from the airport to downtown Grand Forks is approximately $20.
2. Rental Cars: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz. Renting a car is a great option for travelers who want to explore the area on their own schedule. The rental car counters are located in the airport terminal, and the cars are parked just outside.
3. Shuttle Services: There are several shuttle services that operate between the airport and various destinations in the area. These services are a good option for travelers who want to save money on transportation and don’t mind sharing a ride with other passengers. Some of the shuttle services available include Go Airport Shuttle and Grand Forks Shuttle Service.
4. Public Transportation: The Grand Forks Transit system operates several bus routes that serve the airport. The bus stop is located just outside the terminal, and the fare is $1.50 per ride. This is a great option for travelers who want to save money on transportation and don’t mind taking a little extra time to get to their destination.
Overall, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at or departing from Grand Forks International Airport. Whether you prefer the convenience of a taxi or rental car, or the affordability of a shuttle or public transportation, there is an option that will suit your needs.
Grand Forks International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different types of parking and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for those who need to park for a short period of time. The first 30 minutes are free, and the hourly rate is $2.00.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The daily rate is $9.00, and a weekly rate is available for $54.00.
3. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a bit further from the terminal building but offers a more affordable parking option. The daily rate is $6.00, and a weekly rate is available for $36.00.
4. Valet Parking: This parking option is available for those who want the ultimate convenience. Simply drop off your car at the valet stand located in front of the terminal building, and the staff will park your car for you. The daily rate is $15.00, and a weekly rate is available for $90.00.
No matter which parking option you choose, Grand Forks International Airport offers safe and secure parking for all travelers.
Car Rental at Grand Forks Airport
Grand Forks International Airport is a public airport located in Grand Forks, North Dakota. The airport has two terminals, the Main Terminal and the General Aviation Terminal. The Main Terminal is the primary terminal for commercial airlines, while the General Aviation Terminal is used for private and corporate aircraft.
The Main Terminal is a modern facility that offers a variety of amenities for passengers. The terminal features a restaurant, gift shop, and a lounge area for passengers to relax before their flight. There are also several rental car companies located in the terminal, making it easy for passengers to rent a car upon arrival.
The General Aviation Terminal is a smaller facility that caters to private and corporate aircraft. The terminal offers a comfortable waiting area for passengers and crew, as well as a conference room for business meetings. The terminal also has a pilot lounge and flight planning room, making it a convenient stop for pilots traveling through the area.
Overall, Grand Forks International Airport offers two modern and convenient terminals for travelers. Whether you are flying commercially or privately, the airport provides a comfortable and efficient experience for all passengers.
- Allegiant Air
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- United Airlines
Grand Forks Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and visitors. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. All passengers are required to pass through a TSA security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This checkpoint includes x-ray machines and metal detectors to screen passengers and their carry-on luggage. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 3.4 ounces, will be confiscated.
In addition to the TSA checkpoint, Grand Forks Airport also has a number of security measures in place throughout the airport. These include surveillance cameras, security personnel, and K-9 units trained to detect explosives. The airport also has a secure perimeter fence and access control systems to restrict entry to authorized personnel only.
Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the airport at least two hours before their scheduled departure time to allow for enough time to pass through security. It is also recommended that passengers review the TSA’s list of prohibited items before packing their bags to avoid any delays or issues at the security checkpoint. Overall, Grand Forks Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and visitors.
Grand Forks Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s customer service representatives are available to assist travelers with any questions or concerns they may have, including flight information, baggage assistance, and directions to airport facilities.
For passengers with disabilities or special needs, Grand Forks Airport provides a range of accessibility services, including wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also offers a TSA PreCheck program, which allows eligible passengers to expedite their security screening process.
In addition to these services, Grand Forks Airport also features a variety of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable and enjoyable. These amenities include a variety of dining and shopping options, free Wi-Fi throughout the airport, and a children’s play area. Overall, Grand Forks Airport is committed to providing exceptional customer service and traveler’s assistance to ensure a positive travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Grand Forks Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, this shop offers a variety of souvenirs, books, magazines, snacks, and other items.
2. Grand Forks Airport Bar & Grill: This restaurant offers a full menu of American favorites, including burgers, sandwiches, salads, and more.
3. Grand Forks Airport Café: This café serves up freshly brewed coffee, pastries, and other snacks.
4. Grand Forks Airport Newsstand: This newsstand offers a wide selection of newspapers, magazines, and other reading materials.
5. Grand Forks Airport Wine & Spirits: This shop offers a variety of wines, spirits, and other beverages.
6. Grand Forks Airport Duty Free Shop: This shop offers a selection of duty-free items, including perfumes, cosmetics, and more.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Grand Forks International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at the airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalators, this room is open 24/7 and is available for people of all faiths. The room is equipped with chairs, a prayer mat, and a bookshelf with religious texts.
2. Christian Chapel – Located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area, this chapel is open 24/7 and is dedicated to Christian worship. The chapel features a cross, a pulpit, and pews for seating.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalators, this room is open 24/7 and is reserved for Muslim prayer and worship. The room is equipped with a prayer mat and a bookshelf with Islamic texts.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalators, this room is open 24/7 and is reserved for Jewish prayer and worship. The room is equipped with a prayer shawl, a yarmulke, and a bookshelf with Jewish texts.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Grand Forks International Airport are free to use and open to people of all faiths. They provide a peaceful and welcoming environment for travelers and visitors to practice their religion or find a moment of quiet contemplation.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Grand Forks Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. Here are some of the amenities available:
1. Free WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails or browse the web.
2. Charging stations: There are multiple charging stations located throughout the airport, allowing travelers to charge their electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
3. Business center: The airport has a business center equipped with computers, printers, and fax machines, providing a quiet and comfortable space for business travelers to work.
4. Conference rooms: For those who need a more private space for meetings or presentations, the airport offers conference rooms that can be rented by the hour or day.
5. Quiet zones: The airport has designated quiet zones where passengers can relax, read, or work without any distractions.
6. Food and beverage options: There are several restaurants and cafes located within the airport, providing travelers with a variety of food and drink options while they work or wait for their flights.
Overall, Grand Forks Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights.
- Escape Lounge Grand Forks: Located in the main terminal of Grand Forks International Airport, this lounge offers premium seating, complimentary snacks and drinks, and a variety of magazines and newspapers.
- Skyview Lounge Grand Forks: Situated in the east concourse of Grand Forks International Airport, this lounge offers comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and drinks, and a wide selection of books and magazines.
- Serene Lounge Grand Forks: Located in the west concourse of Grand Forks International Airport, this lounge offers luxurious seating, complimentary hot and cold snacks and drinks, and a variety of newspapers and magazines.
Accomodation Options Nearby Grand Forks Airport
1. Grand Forks Airport Inn: Located just a short drive from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary breakfast.
2. Best Western Plus: Located just a few minutes from the airport, this hotel offers spacious rooms, an indoor pool, and a complimentary breakfast.
3. Comfort Inn: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary breakfast.
4. Holiday Inn Express: Located just a few minutes from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms, an indoor pool, and a complimentary breakfast.
5. Super 8: Located just a few minutes from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary breakfast.
Grand Forks Airport is located in the heart of North Dakota and is surrounded by a variety of attractions that cater to all interests. Here are some of the top attractions near Grand Forks Airport:
1. University of North Dakota: Located just a few miles from the airport, the University of North Dakota is a top-rated public research university that offers a wide range of academic programs and research opportunities.
2. Ralph Engelstad Arena: This state-of-the-art arena is home to the University of North Dakota’s hockey team and hosts a variety of other sporting events and concerts throughout the year.
3. Columbia Mall: This indoor shopping center features over 70 stores and restaurants, including popular retailers like Macy’s, JCPenney, and Target.
4. Grand Forks Greenway: This scenic park system runs along the Red River and offers miles of walking and biking trails, as well as picnic areas and playgrounds.
5. North Dakota Museum of Art: This museum features a collection of contemporary art from around the world, as well as rotating exhibits and educational programs.
6. Japanese Gardens: This tranquil garden features a traditional Japanese teahouse, koi pond, and a variety of plants and trees that are native to Japan.
7. Red River State Recreation Area: This park offers camping, fishing, and hiking opportunities along the banks of the Red River.
8. Grand Forks Air Force Base: This military installation is home to the 319th Air Base Wing and offers tours and educational programs for visitors.
9. Splasher’s of the South Seas: This indoor water park features a variety of water slides, pools, and other attractions that are perfect for families and kids.
10. Empire Arts Center: This historic theater hosts a variety of live performances, including plays, concerts, and comedy shows.
History of Grand Forks Airport
Grand Forks Airport, also known as Grand Forks International Airport, has a rich history dating back to the early 1900s. The airport was originally established as a military airfield in 1941, during World War II, and was used as a training base for pilots. After the war, the airfield was turned over to the city of Grand Forks and was used for commercial flights.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent significant renovations and expansions, including the construction of a new terminal building and runway. These improvements allowed the airport to accommodate larger aircraft and increased passenger traffic. In the 1990s, the airport became a hub for cargo operations, with FedEx and UPS establishing operations at the airport.
In recent years, the airport has continued to grow and expand, with the addition of new airlines and destinations. The airport has also become a hub for unmanned aerial systems (UAS) research and development, with the University of North Dakota operating a UAS training program at the airport. Today, Grand Forks Airport is a vital transportation hub for the region, serving both commercial and cargo flights, as well as UAS operations.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport