The Grande Prairie Airport is a regional airport located in northern Alberta, Canada. It serves as a hub for both commercial and general aviation, providing essential air services to the surrounding communities.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Grande Prairie Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Grande Prairie Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Grande Prairie Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Grande Prairie Airport
- Other Airports in Alberta, Canada
How to Get to Grande Prairie Airport
Grande Prairie Airport is located approximately 7 kilometers northwest of the city center. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, or public transportation.
If you are driving, take Highway 43 west from Grande Prairie and turn left onto Airport Drive. Follow the signs to the airport, which is located on the left-hand side of the road.
Taxis are readily available in Grande Prairie and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The ride to the airport typically takes around 15 minutes and costs between $20 and $30.
For those who prefer public transportation, the City of Grande Prairie offers a bus service that stops at the airport. The Route 14 bus runs from downtown Grande Prairie to the airport and back, with several stops along the way. The fare is $2.50 per ride, and the bus runs every hour on weekdays and every two hours on weekends.
No matter how you choose to get to the airport, be sure to allow plenty of time to arrive before your flight. Check the airport’s website for information on parking, check-in times, and other important details.
Grande Prairie Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. It serves as a hub for various airlines and offers a range of transportation options for passengers to get to and from the airport. Here are some of the transportation options available:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. Passengers can easily hail a taxi to take them to their destination. The taxi fare is metered and varies depending on the distance traveled.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz. Passengers can rent a car and drive themselves to their destination.
3. Shuttle Service: Several shuttle services operate at the airport, providing transportation to and from various locations in the city. Passengers can book a shuttle service in advance or at the airport.
4. Public Transportation: The city of Grande Prairie operates a public transportation system that connects the airport to various locations in the city. Passengers can take a bus from the airport to their destination.
5. Private Car Service: Several private car services operate at the airport, providing transportation to and from various locations in the city. Passengers can book a private car service in advance or at the airport.
In conclusion, Grande Prairie Airport offers a range of transportation options for passengers to get to and from the airport. Passengers can choose from taxis, car rentals, shuttle services, public transportation, and private car services depending on their preferences and budget.
Grande Prairie Airport offers several parking options for passengers, including short-term and long-term parking.
Short-term parking is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The first 30 minutes of parking are free, and rates are $2 per hour or $15 per day.
Long-term parking is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is perfect for those who need to leave their vehicle for an extended period. Rates for long-term parking are $12 per day or $60 per week.
There is also a cell phone waiting area located just outside the terminal building where drivers can wait for their arriving passengers free of charge.
All parking areas at Grande Prairie Airport are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of vehicles and passengers. Payment for parking can be made at the self-serve kiosks located in the parking lots or at the airport information desk inside the terminal building.
Car Rental at Grande Prairie Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Avis Rent A Car
- Hertz Rent A Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Budget Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals
Grande Prairie Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. The airport has two terminals, the main terminal and the west terminal. The main terminal is the larger of the two and serves as the primary hub for commercial airlines. The west terminal is used for general aviation and private aircraft.
The main terminal at Grande Prairie Airport is a modern facility that offers a range of amenities for travelers. The terminal features a spacious waiting area, a restaurant, a gift shop, and a business center. There are also several car rental agencies located within the terminal, making it easy for travelers to rent a car upon arrival.
The west terminal at Grande Prairie Airport is a smaller facility that caters to private aircraft and general aviation. The terminal features a lounge area for pilots and passengers, as well as a small restaurant. The west terminal also has a fueling station and maintenance facilities for aircraft.
Overall, the terminals at Grande Prairie Airport are well-equipped to handle the needs of travelers and pilots alike. Whether you are flying commercially or privately, you can expect a comfortable and convenient experience at this regional airport.
- Air Canada: Offering daily non-stop flights to Edmonton International Airport
- WestJet: Offering daily non-stop flights to Edmonton International Airport and Calgary International Airport
- Air North: Offering daily non-stop flights to Whitehorse International Airport
- Central Mountain Air: Offering daily flights to Edmonton International Airport
- Air Tindi: Offering charter flights to various destinations
Grande Prairie Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. These protocols include the use of advanced screening technologies such as X-ray machines and metal detectors, as well as the deployment of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and conducting security checks.
Passengers are required to undergo a security screening process before boarding their flight. This process includes the inspection of carry-on luggage, personal items, and the use of full-body scanners. The airport also has strict rules regarding the types of items that can be carried on board, such as liquids and sharp objects.
In addition to these measures, the airport has implemented a number of other security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. These include the use of CCTV cameras to monitor the airport premises, the deployment of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and conducting security checks, and the implementation of emergency response plans to deal with any security incidents that may occur. Overall, the security protocols in place at Grande Prairie Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff.
Grande Prairie Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all passengers, including those with disabilities, elderly travelers, families with young children, and first-time flyers.
One of the key services offered by the airport is wheelchair assistance. Trained staff members are available to assist passengers with mobility issues, from check-in to boarding and disembarking. The airport also provides special assistance for visually impaired passengers, including guide dogs and braille signage.
For families traveling with young children, the airport offers a range of amenities, including baby changing facilities, nursing rooms, and stroller rentals. The airport also provides assistance for unaccompanied minors, ensuring that they are accompanied by a staff member throughout their journey.
In addition, the airport offers a range of other services, including baggage assistance, language translation services, and assistance with customs and immigration procedures. These services are designed to make the travel experience as smooth and hassle-free as possible, ensuring that all passengers arrive at their destination feeling relaxed and refreshed.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Hudson’s Bay: Located in the main terminal, Hudson’s Bay offers a wide selection of clothing, accessories, and home goods.
2. Tim Hortons: Located in the main terminal, Tim Hortons offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as breakfast and lunch items.
3. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar: Located in the main terminal, The Keg Steakhouse & Bar offers a variety of steaks, seafood, and other classic dishes.
4. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory: Located in the main terminal, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory offers a variety of chocolates, candies, and other treats.
5. The Source: Located in the main terminal, The Source offers a variety of electronics, accessories, and other tech items.
6. The Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, The Airport Gift Shop offers a variety of souvenirs, gifts, and other items.
7. Subway: Located in the main terminal, Subway offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, and other fast food items.
8. Booster Juice: Located in the main terminal, Booster Juice offers a variety of smoothies, juices, and other healthy options.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
The Grande Prairie Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers and visitors. These areas are located in various parts of the airport terminal building.
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – This prayer room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. It is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian Chapel is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. It is open to all Christian denominations and provides a space for worship and prayer.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. It is open to all Muslims and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. It is open to all Jews and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
5. Sikh Prayer Room – The Sikh Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. It is open to all Sikhs and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are easily accessible and provide a peaceful and quiet space for passengers and visitors to practice their faith.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Grande Prairie Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails or social media accounts. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to stream videos or download large files.
Workspace: For passengers who need to work while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport has a business center with a range of amenities, including computers, printers, and fax machines. There are also several comfortable seating areas throughout the terminal building where passengers can set up their laptops and work in a quiet environment.
Meeting Rooms: The airport also has several meeting rooms available for rent, which are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 50 people. These rooms are ideal for business meetings or conferences and can be booked in advance.
Overall, Grande Prairie Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. Whether you need to check your emails, work on a presentation, or hold a meeting, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and connected.
- The Airport Lounge at Grande Prairie Airport: Located in the main terminal, this lounge offers a comfortable space for travellers to relax before their flight.
- The Oasis Lounge: Located in the south wing of the airport, this lounge is a great spot for members of the airport’s frequent flyer program to relax and enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages.
- The Silver Wings Lounge: Located in the north wing of the airport, this lounge is designed for business travellers, offering complimentary Wi-Fi, snacks and beverages, and a private meeting area.
Accomodation Options Nearby Grande Prairie Airport
1. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Grande Prairie: Located just minutes away from the Grande Prairie Airport, this hotel offers modern guest rooms and suites with complimentary Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an indoor pool.
2. Best Western Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites: This hotel is located just a short drive from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a complimentary hot breakfast, a business center, and an indoor pool.
3. Quality Inn & Suites Grande Prairie: This hotel is located just minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a complimentary breakfast, a fitness center, and a business center.
4. Super 8 by Wyndham Grande Prairie: Located just a short drive from the airport, this hotel offers a variety of amenities, including complimentary Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and a business center.
5. Comfort Inn & Suites Grande Prairie: This hotel is located just minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a complimentary hot breakfast, a fitness center, and a business center.
1. Muskoseepi Park: Located just 10 minutes from the Grande Prairie Airport, Muskoseepi Park is a beautiful natural oasis in the heart of the city. The park features over 1000 acres of trails, picnic areas, playgrounds, and a lake for fishing and boating.
2. Grande Prairie Museum: The Grande Prairie Museum is a must-visit attraction for history buffs. The museum features exhibits on the history of the region, including the fur trade, agriculture, and the oil and gas industry.
3. Revolution Place: Revolution Place is a multi-purpose entertainment venue that hosts concerts, sporting events, and trade shows. The venue is located just 5 minutes from the airport and is a popular destination for locals and visitors alike.
4. Eastlink Centre: The Eastlink Centre is a state-of-the-art sports and fitness facility that offers a variety of activities for all ages. The centre features a fitness centre, indoor track, aquatic centre, and ice rinks.
5. Bear Creek Golf Club: Golf enthusiasts will love the Bear Creek Golf Club, located just 15 minutes from the airport. The club features an 18-hole championship course, driving range, and clubhouse.
6. Nitehawk Adventure Park: Nitehawk Adventure Park is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts. The park features skiing and snowboarding in the winter, and zip-lining, hiking, and mountain biking in the summer.
7. Prairie Mall: The Prairie Mall is Grande Prairie’s largest shopping centre, featuring over 90 stores and services. The mall is located just 10 minutes from the airport and is a great place to shop, dine, and relax.
History of Grande Prairie Airport
Grande Prairie Airport, located in northern Alberta, Canada, has a rich history dating back to the 1920s. The airport was originally established as a small grass airstrip in 1928, primarily used for bush flying and aerial surveys. In the 1940s, the airport was expanded and upgraded to accommodate military aircraft during World War II.
After the war, the airport continued to grow and develop, with the construction of a new terminal building and runway in the 1960s. In the 1980s, the airport underwent further expansion and modernization, with the addition of new hangars, a control tower, and improved navigational aids.
Today, Grande Prairie Airport is a busy regional airport, serving over 400,000 passengers annually. It is home to several airlines, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Central Mountain Air, and offers direct flights to destinations across Canada and the United States. The airport also plays an important role in supporting the local economy, providing employment opportunities and facilitating the movement of goods and services.
Other Airports in Alberta, Canada
- Bonnyville Airport
- Calgary / Springbank Airport
- Calgary International Airport
- CFB Cold Lake
- Edmonton International Airport
- Edson Airport
- Fort Chipewyan Airport
- Fort McMurray Airport
- Grande Prairie Airport
- High Level Airport
- Lethbridge County Airport
- Lloydminster Airport
- Medicine Hat Regional Airport
- Peace River Airport
- Pincher Creek Airport
- Rainbow Lake Airport
- Red Deer Regional Airport
- Slave Lake Airport
- Whitecourt Airport