Hato International Airport is the main airport of Curaçao, located in Willemstad. It serves as a hub for several airlines, including KLM, American Airlines, and Avianca. The airport has a modern terminal building and offers a range of amenities for travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Hato International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Hato International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Hato International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Hato International Airport
- Other Airports in Curacao, Curacao
How to Get to Hato International Airport
Hato International Airport is located on the island of Curacao in the southern Caribbean. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your location and preferences.
If you are staying in Willemstad, the capital city of Curacao, the easiest way to get to the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The ride from Willemstad to the airport takes approximately 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Another option is to rent a car and drive to the airport. There are several car rental companies located in Willemstad and at the airport itself. If you choose to rent a car, be sure to allow plenty of time for traffic and parking at the airport.
If you are staying outside of Willemstad, you may need to arrange transportation in advance. Many hotels and resorts offer shuttle services to the airport, so be sure to check with your accommodations before you arrive. Alternatively, you can book a private transfer or taxi service to take you to the airport.
Hato International Airport, located on the island of Curaçao, offers several transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The fares are regulated by the government, and the rates are posted at the taxi stand. It is recommended to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi.
2. Car Rentals: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, making it easy to rent a car and explore the island at your own pace. It is advisable to book your rental car in advance to ensure availability.
3. Public Transportation: The island has a public bus system that operates from the airport to various destinations on the island. The bus stop is located outside the airport terminal, and the fares are affordable.
4. Private Transfers: Private transfers are available for those who prefer a more comfortable and personalized experience. Several companies offer private transfers from the airport to your hotel or any other destination on the island.
5. Shuttle Services: Shuttle services are also available for travelers who prefer a shared ride. These services operate on a fixed schedule and offer a cost-effective way to get to your destination.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Hato International Airport offers a variety of options to suit your needs and budget.
Hato International Airport in Curacao offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are higher than other parking options.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are more affordable than short-term parking.
3. Valet parking: This parking option is located in front of the terminal building and offers a convenient way for travelers to drop off their car and have it parked for them. The rates for valet parking are higher than other parking options.
4. Economy parking: This parking area is located further away from the terminal building and offers the most affordable parking rates. A shuttle service is available to transport travelers to and from the terminal building.
Overall, Hato International Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs and budget of every traveler.
Car Rental at Hato International Airport
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Sixt Rent A Car
- Dollar Rent A Car
Hato International Airport is the main airport of Curacao, located in the southern Caribbean Sea. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles most of the airport’s traffic, while Terminal 2 is used for charter flights and low-cost carriers.
Terminal 1 is a modern and spacious terminal that offers a range of facilities and services for passengers. The terminal has a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as duty-free stores where passengers can purchase tax-free goods. There are also several lounges available for passengers who want to relax before their flight.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that is primarily used for charter flights and low-cost carriers. The terminal has a few shops and restaurants, but it is not as well-equipped as Terminal 1. However, it is still a convenient option for passengers who are flying with a low-cost carrier or on a charter flight.
Overall, Hato International Airport’s terminals are well-designed and offer a range of facilities and services for passengers. Whether you are flying with a major airline or a low-cost carrier, you can expect a comfortable and convenient experience at this airport.
1. Japan Airlines
2. ANA (All Nippon Airways)
3. Air Do
4. Jetstar Japan
5. Skymark Airlines
6. Spring Airlines Japan
7. Vanilla Air
8. Peach Aviation
Hato International Airport is the main airport of Curacao, a Dutch Caribbean island. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. The airport security team is responsible for screening passengers, luggage, and cargo to prevent any potential threats.
The security protocols at Hato International Airport include the use of advanced technology such as X-ray machines, metal detectors, and explosive detection systems. Passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the metal detectors. Any items that are deemed suspicious are further inspected by the security team.
In addition to the screening process, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who patrol the airport premises to ensure that there are no security breaches. The airport also has a strict policy on the use of drones, which are not allowed to fly within the airport’s vicinity.
Overall, Hato International Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for passengers and staff. The airport’s commitment to security has earned it a reputation as one of the safest airports in the Caribbean region.
Hato International Airport in Curaçao offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s assistance services are designed to cater to the needs of travelers with disabilities, families with young children, and elderly passengers.
The airport’s assistance services include wheelchair assistance, which is available upon request for passengers with mobility issues. The airport also provides special assistance for passengers with visual or hearing impairments, including the use of sign language interpreters and Braille signage.
For families with young children, the airport offers stroller rental services and baby changing facilities. Additionally, the airport has a dedicated play area for children to keep them entertained while waiting for their flights.
Elderly passengers can also benefit from the airport’s assistance services, which include priority boarding and assistance with luggage. The airport also has a medical center with trained medical staff to provide emergency medical assistance if needed.
Overall, Hato International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s commitment to providing excellent customer service ensures that travelers feel welcomed and supported throughout their journey.
Shops and Restaurants
Hato International Airport, located in Willemstad, Curaçao, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy before their flight. Here are some of the options available:
– Dufry Duty Free: This shop offers a wide range of duty-free products, including cosmetics, fragrances, liquor, and tobacco.
– The Curaçao Shop: This shop features local souvenirs, gifts, and products that showcase the island’s culture and heritage.
– Sunglass Hut: This shop offers a variety of sunglasses from popular brands such as Ray-Ban, Oakley, and Maui Jim.
– Tech Hub: This shop offers electronics and gadgets, including headphones, chargers, and travel adapters.
– KLM Crown Lounge: This lounge offers a variety of food and beverage options, including hot and cold dishes, snacks, and drinks.
– Starbucks: This coffee shop offers a variety of coffee drinks, teas, and pastries.
– Subway: This sandwich shop offers a variety of freshly made sandwiches, salads, and sides.
– Baskin-Robbins: This ice cream shop offers a variety of flavors and toppings for travelers with a sweet tooth.
Overall, Hato International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs and preferences of travelers.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Hato International Airport, located in Willemstad, Curacao, offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors to use. These areas are designed to provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to pray, meditate, or worship according to their religious beliefs. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Hato International Airport:
1. Christian Prayer Room – Located in the Departure Hall, this prayer room is open to all Christians who wish to pray or meditate. The room is equipped with chairs, a table, and a Bible.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located in the Departure Hall, this prayer room is open to all Muslims who wish to pray or meditate. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and a compass.
3. Jewish Prayer Room – Located in the Departure Hall, this prayer room is open to all Jews who wish to pray or meditate. The room is equipped with chairs, a table, and a Torah.
4. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located in the Departure Hall, this prayer room is open to individuals of all faiths who wish to pray or meditate. The room is equipped with chairs, a table, and a selection of religious texts.
5. Chapel – Located in the Departure Hall, this chapel is open to individuals of all faiths who wish to worship. The chapel is equipped with chairs, a table, and a cross.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are easily accessible and provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to practice their faith. They are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are free to use.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Hato International Airport, located in Willemstad, Curaçao, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure a comfortable and productive travel experience for its passengers.
– Free WiFi is available throughout the airport terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected and access the internet from their devices.
– The WiFi network is fast and reliable, ensuring a seamless browsing experience for users.
– Passengers can easily connect to the WiFi network by selecting the “Hato Airport Free WiFi” network on their device and following the on-screen instructions.
– The airport offers a dedicated business lounge, equipped with comfortable seating, workstations, and charging points for electronic devices.
– The business lounge provides a quiet and peaceful environment for passengers to work, make phone calls, or simply relax before their flight.
– The lounge also offers complimentary snacks and beverages, as well as access to newspapers and magazines.
– For those who prefer to work in a more public setting, the airport has several cafes and restaurants with seating areas and charging points, allowing passengers to work while enjoying a meal or drink.
Overall, Hato International Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities, ensuring that passengers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flight.
Hato International Airport offers several lounges to passengers travelling through its terminal. The following list provides details on each of the lounges and their respective locations.
- KLM Crown Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall, between Gates 7 and 8.
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Located in the Arrival Hall, near the information desk.
- InselAir Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall, near the VIP lounge.
- Avianca Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall, near the VIP lounge.
- Copa Club Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall, near Gate 6.
Accomodation Options Nearby Hato International Airport
When it comes to finding accommodation options at Hato International Airport in Curaçao, you’ll discover a range of choices to suit every budget and preference. Whether you’re looking for affordable and convenient options or seeking the utmost in luxury and comfort, Hato International Airport has got you covered:
1. Transit Hotel: Located within the airport premises for ultimate convenience, the Transit Hotel offers budget-friendly accommodation for short layovers or overnight stays. With clean and comfortable rooms, this option provides a quick and hassle-free rest between flights.
2. Budget Hotels: Just a short distance away from the airport, you can find a variety of budget-friendly hotels that offer comfortable and affordable rooms. These options often include complimentary shuttle services to and from the airport, ensuring a hassle-free stay.
3. Mid-range Hotels: Offering a balance between affordability and comfort, mid-range hotels near Hato International Airport provide a range of amenities such as spacious rooms, complimentary breakfast, fitness centers, and swimming pools. These hotels are perfect for those seeking a more traditional hotel experience at a reasonable price.
4. Luxury Resorts: For those seeking a touch of opulence and indulgence, Curaçao boasts a selection of luxury resorts near Hato International Airport. These idyllic retreats offer beautiful beachfront locations, luxurious accommodations, world-class spas, gourmet restaurants, and a range of activities to ensure a memorable stay.
5. Villa Rentals: If you prefer a more private and exclusive experience, there are numerous vacation rentals and villas available near the airport. These options provide spacious living areas, private pools, fully-equipped kitchens, and the flexibility to cater to your own schedule.
6. Boutique Hotels: For a unique and intimate stay, boutique hotels near Hato International Airport offer personalized service, stylish accommodations, and a distinct charm. These small, independently-owned hotels often showcase local art and design, providing a truly immersive cultural experience.
7. All-Inclusive Resorts: Curaçao offers a selection of all-inclusive resorts near the airport, where you can indulge in unlimited dining, drinks, and activities. These resorts provide a worry-free vacation, with everything taken care of, allowing you to relax and enjoy the local beauty.
From cost-effective options to sumptuous luxury resorts, the accommodations surrounding Hato International Airport cater to all travelers’ needs. With a wide array of choices available, you are sure to find the perfect place to suit your taste and budget, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable stay during your time in Curaçao.
1. Curacao Sea Aquarium: Located just 5 kilometers from Hato International Airport, this family-friendly attraction offers a unique opportunity to observe various marine species up close, including sharks, dolphins, and sea turtles.
2. Jan Thiel Beach: A short 15-minute drive from the airport, Jan Thiel Beach is a popular spot for sunbathing, swimming, and water sports. With its pristine white sand and crystal-clear waters, it’s the perfect place to unwind after a long flight.
3. Historic Willemstad: Approximately 15 kilometers from the airport, Willemstad is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with colorful colonial buildings and charming cobblestone streets. Visitors can explore the iconic floating Queen Emma Bridge, visit historic forts, and enjoy local cuisine.
4. Shete Boka National Park: Situated just 20 kilometers from Hato International Airport, this nature reserve offers breathtaking views of dramatic cliffs, blowholes, and hidden bays. Hiking trails and guided tours allow visitors to explore the park’s rugged beauty.
5. Christoffel National Park: Located about 30 kilometers from the airport, this park is home to the highest point on the island, Mount Christoffel. Visitors can enjoy various activities such as hiking, birdwatching, and guided jeep tours to explore the diverse flora and fauna.
6. Dolphin Academy Curacao: Less than a kilometer away from the airport, this interactive venue allows visitors to swim with dolphins in a specially-designed lagoon. From intimate encounters to educational programs, it offers a unique and magical experience with these intelligent creatures.
7. Ostrich Farm: Situated just 8 kilometers from Hato International Airport, the Curacao Ostrich Farm is a fascinating attraction that offers guided tours and interactive experiences with the world’s largest bird species. Visitors can feed, ride, and learn about these fascinating creatures.
8. Museum Kura Hulanda: Located in Willemstad, this museum showcases the African Heritage of the Caribbean region through an extensive collection of artifacts, artwork, and exhibits. It offers a comprehensive understanding of the diverse cultures that shaped the island.
9. Klein Curacao: A small uninhabited island, Klein Curacao is accessible via boat trips from the mainland. It offers pristine white sandy beaches, crystal-clear turquoise waters, and excellent opportunities for snorkeling, diving, and sunbathing.
10. Flamingo Sanctuary: Just a short distance from Hato International Airport, the Flamingo Sanctuary is a must-visit attraction for bird enthusiasts. This protected area is home to a large population of flamingos, offering visitors a chance to observe these graceful birds in their natural habitat.
History of Hato International Airport
Hato International Airport is the main airport of the island of Curaçao, located in the southern Caribbean Sea. The airport was first opened in 1934 as a small airfield with a grass runway. It was used primarily for military purposes during World War II, but after the war, it was expanded and modernized to accommodate commercial flights.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major renovation, which included the construction of a new terminal building and runway. This expansion allowed the airport to handle larger aircraft and increased passenger traffic. In the 1990s, the airport underwent another renovation, which included the addition of a new control tower and the expansion of the terminal building.
Today, Hato International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that serves as a hub for several airlines, including KLM, American Airlines, and Avianca. It has a capacity of over 2 million passengers per year and offers a range of amenities, including duty-free shopping, restaurants, and lounges. The airport is also an important economic driver for the island, providing jobs and supporting tourism.
Other Airports in Curacao, Curacao