Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Bangladesh, located in the capital city of Dhaka. It serves as the main gateway for international and domestic air travel in the country, handling millions of passengers every year.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport
- Other Airports in Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
How to Get to Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport is the largest airport in Bangladesh and serves as the main gateway to the country. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your location and budget.
If you are in Dhaka city, the easiest and most convenient way to get to the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked through a ride-hailing app. The journey to the airport takes around 30-45 minutes, depending on traffic.
Another option is to take a bus from the city to the airport. Several bus companies operate services to the airport from different parts of the city. The journey can take up to an hour, depending on the traffic and the route taken.
If you are coming from outside Dhaka, you can take a train or a bus to the city and then take a taxi or a bus to the airport. There are several train stations and bus terminals in Dhaka, so you can choose the one that is most convenient for you.
In summary, getting to Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport is easy and convenient, with several options available depending on your location and budget. Taxis are the most popular and convenient option, while buses and trains are also available for those on a budget.
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport is the largest airport in Bangladesh, located in Dhaka. It serves as a gateway to the country for both domestic and international travelers. There are several transportation options available to and from the airport, making it easy for passengers to reach their destinations.
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to reach your destination. You can find both metered and non-metered taxis at the airport. The fare for a non-metered taxi is negotiable, while the metered taxi fare is based on the distance traveled.
2. Ride-sharing services: Popular ride-sharing services like Uber and Pathao are available at the airport. You can book a ride through their mobile apps and get picked up from the airport.
3. Airport shuttle: The airport shuttle is a shared transportation service that operates between the airport and various locations in Dhaka. The shuttle service is available 24/7 and is a cost-effective option for travelers.
4. Public transportation: Public transportation options like buses and trains are available at the airport. However, they are not recommended for travelers with a lot of luggage or those who are unfamiliar with the city.
5. Car rental: Several car rental companies have their counters at the airport. You can rent a car and drive yourself to your destination. However, driving in Dhaka can be challenging for first-time visitors.
In conclusion, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport offers several transportation options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you prefer a taxi, ride-sharing service, airport shuttle, public transportation, or car rental, you can easily reach your destination from the airport.
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka, Bangladesh offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking areas and their locations:
1. Multi-Storey Car Park: This is a covered parking area located near the terminal building. It has a capacity of 1,000 cars and is open 24/7. The parking rates are based on the duration of stay.
2. Open Car Park: This is an uncovered parking area located near the terminal building. It has a capacity of 1,500 cars and is open 24/7. The parking rates are based on the duration of stay.
3. VIP Car Park: This is a covered parking area located near the terminal building. It is reserved for VIPs and has a capacity of 50 cars. The parking rates are higher than the regular parking areas.
4. Drop-off and Pick-up Zone: This is a designated area for dropping off and picking up passengers. It is located near the terminal building and is free for the first 15 minutes. After that, parking rates apply.
5. Long-term Car Park: This is an uncovered parking area located further away from the terminal building. It is suitable for travelers who need to park their cars for an extended period. The parking rates are lower than the other parking areas.
Overall, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit different needs and budgets. Travelers can choose the parking area that best meets their requirements and enjoy a hassle-free parking experience.
Car Rental at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport
- National Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Budget Car Rental
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Bangladesh, located in the capital city of Dhaka. The airport has three terminals, each serving different types of flights and passengers.
Terminal 1 is the oldest and smallest terminal, primarily used for domestic flights. It has a capacity of handling around 2 million passengers annually. The terminal has basic facilities such as check-in counters, immigration, and baggage claim areas.
Terminal 2 is the main international terminal, which was opened in 2006. It has a capacity of handling around 8 million passengers annually. The terminal has modern facilities such as duty-free shops, restaurants, lounges, and prayer rooms. It also has 20 boarding gates and 10 aerobridges to accommodate large aircraft.
Terminal 3 is the newest and largest terminal, which was opened in 2021. It has a capacity of handling around 12 million passengers annually. The terminal has state-of-the-art facilities such as automated check-in kiosks, self-baggage drop counters, and biometric immigration systems. It also has a wide range of retail and dining options, including a food court and a VIP lounge.
Overall, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport Terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers traveling to and from Dhaka. The airport is constantly upgrading its facilities to meet the growing demand for air travel in Bangladesh.
1. Biman Bangladesh Airlines
3. Qatar Airways
4. Etihad Airways
5. Thai Airways
6. Air India
7. Singapore Airlines
8. Malaysia Airlines
9. Turkish Airlines
10. China Eastern Airlines
11. Air Arabia
14. Regent Airways
16. US-Bangla Airlines
18. Oman Air
19. Kuwait Airways
20. Malindo Air
21. Himalaya Airlines
22. Jazeera Airways
24. Druk Air
25. Cathay Dragon
26. Korean Air
27. Uzbekistan Airways
28. SriLankan Airlines
29. Jazeera Airways
30. Gulf Air.
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport is the largest airport in Bangladesh and serves as the primary gateway to the country. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers, staff, and cargo. The security measures are in line with international standards and are constantly reviewed and updated to keep up with the evolving security threats.
The airport has a comprehensive security system that includes CCTV cameras, metal detectors, X-ray machines, and explosive detection systems. All passengers and their luggage are screened before entering the terminal building. The airport also has a dedicated security team that monitors the premises and responds to any security incidents.
In addition to the physical security measures, the airport has implemented several other security protocols. These include strict access control measures, background checks for airport staff, and regular security training for all employees. The airport also works closely with law enforcement agencies to ensure that any security threats are identified and dealt with promptly.
Overall, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport has a robust security system in place that ensures the safety of all passengers and staff. The airport’s commitment to security has earned it a reputation as one of the safest airports in the region.
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Bangladesh, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services.
One of the most important services provided by the airport is the Meet and Greet service. This service is designed to assist passengers upon their arrival at the airport. A representative will meet the passenger at the gate and guide them through the immigration and customs process. They will also help with baggage collection and escort the passenger to their transportation.
Another important service offered by the airport is the Porter service. This service is particularly useful for passengers who have heavy luggage or mobility issues. The porters will assist with carrying the luggage and ensure that it is safely transported to the designated location.
The airport also provides a range of other services, including wheelchair assistance, medical assistance, and VIP lounge access. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all passengers, regardless of their requirements.
Overall, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport is committed to providing a high level of traveler’s assistance to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport is the largest airport in Bangladesh and serves as the primary gateway to the country. The airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the popular shops and restaurants at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport:
1. Bengal Craft: This shop offers a range of traditional Bangladeshi handicrafts, including pottery, textiles, and jewelry.
2. Biman Bangladesh Airlines Duty-Free Shop: This shop offers a range of duty-free products, including perfumes, cosmetics, and electronics.
3. Banglar Mela: This shop offers a range of souvenirs and gifts, including traditional Bangladeshi clothing, handicrafts, and accessories.
4. The Body Shop: This shop offers a range of skincare and beauty products, including lotions, creams, and makeup.
5. Grameen Check: This shop offers a range of clothing and accessories made from locally sourced materials.
1. KFC: This popular fast-food chain offers a range of fried chicken, burgers, and sides.
2. Pizza Hut: This popular pizza chain offers a range of pizzas, sides, and desserts.
3. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: This coffee shop offers a range of hot and cold beverages, including coffee, tea, and smoothies.
4. Burger King: This fast-food chain offers a range of burgers, fries, and sides.
5. Biman Bangladesh Airlines Lounge: This lounge offers a range of snacks and beverages, including tea, coffee, and soft drinks.
Overall, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport offers a range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you’re looking for traditional Bangladeshi handicrafts or fast food, you’re sure to find something to suit your taste.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka, Bangladesh, offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors. These areas are located in different parts of the airport, making them easily accessible to everyone. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport:
1. Mosque: The airport has a large mosque located on the ground floor of the terminal building. The mosque is open 24 hours a day and can accommodate up to 500 worshippers at a time. It has separate prayer areas for men and women, as well as ablution facilities.
2. Prayer Rooms: There are several prayer rooms located throughout the airport, which are open to people of all faiths. These rooms are equipped with prayer mats and are located near the boarding gates and in the transit area.
3. Chapel: The airport also has a chapel located on the first floor of the terminal building. The chapel is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
4. Meditation Room: The airport has a meditation room located on the second floor of the terminal building. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a peaceful environment for meditation and relaxation.
Overall, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport offers a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the needs of its diverse passengers and visitors. These areas are well-maintained and provide a comfortable and peaceful environment for prayer and reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka, Bangladesh offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, or stream videos without any interruptions.
For passengers who need to work or study during their time at the airport, there are several workspace facilities available. These include:
1. Business Lounges:
The airport has several business lounges that offer comfortable seating, workstations, and charging points. These lounges are perfect for business travelers who need a quiet and productive space to work.
2. Internet Kiosks:
There are several internet kiosks located throughout the terminal building, which provide passengers with access to computers and printers. These kiosks are ideal for travelers who need to print out boarding passes or other important documents.
3. Charging Stations:
The airport has numerous charging stations located throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to charge their electronic devices while waiting for their flights.
4. Meeting Rooms:
For passengers who need to hold meetings or conferences, the airport has several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate groups of various sizes.
In conclusion, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected with your loved ones, the airport has everything you need to make your journey as comfortable and convenient as possible.
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka, Bangladesh offers a number of lounges for travelers to relax and wait for their flights in comfort. The following lounges can be found at the airport:
- The Prime Class Lounge – Located in the International Departure, 2nd Floor
- The CIP Lounge – Located in the International Departure, 2nd Floor
- The First Class Lounge – Located in the International Departure, 2nd Floor
- The Business Class Lounge – Located in the International Departure, 2nd Floor
- The Domestic Departure Lounge – Located in the Domestic Departure, 1st Floor
Accomodation Options Nearby Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, located in Dhaka, Bangladesh, offers a range of accommodation options to cater to the diverse needs of travelers. Whether you’re seeking budget-friendly options or looking to indulge in luxury, there are choices available to suit every preference. Let’s explore the accommodation options at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport:
1. Airport Lounges: For a comfortable and convenient stay, several lounges are present within the airport premises. These lounges often offer basic amenities, including reclining chairs, Wi-Fi access, shower facilities, and refreshments. While these lounges might not provide private sleeping areas, they are an affordable option for short stays or transit passengers.
2. Transit Hotels: Perfect for travelers with longer layovers, transit hotels cater to the need for rest and relaxation. These hotels typically offer compact yet comfortable rooms, often charged on an hourly basis. Transit hotels feature essential amenities such as beds, bathrooms, Wi-Fi, and may include additional facilities like fitness centers or spa services.
3. Budget Hotels: Located within close proximity to the airport, budget hotels are a popular choice for travelers seeking cost-effective accommodation. These hotels offer clean rooms, basic facilities, and a comfortable stay at affordable rates. While they may lack certain luxuries, budget hotels often provide essential amenities like Wi-Fi, television, room service, and onsite dining options.
4. Mid-range Hotels: For a slightly upgraded experience, mid-range hotels near Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport provide more spacious rooms and additional amenities. These hotels often boast comfortable bedding, well-appointed rooms, fitness centers, restaurants, and sometimes even swimming pools. Mid-range hotels are suitable for both short and extended stays, offering a blend of affordability and comfort.
5. Luxury Hotels: If you seek indulgence and exceptional services, luxury hotels located near the airport are the epitome of opulence. These hotels present elegant rooms and suites, world-class dining options, spas, fitness centers, and other extravagant amenities. Impeccable service and attention to detail ensure a memorable stay, perfect for those desiring a luxurious experience.
Please note that while there may not be direct accommodation options within the airport terminal, the aforementioned options are available in close proximity. Should you require a more extensive selection of accommodations, the city of Dhaka provides numerous hotels to choose from, which can be reached easily by airport transfers or public transport.
Remember to make reservations in advance to secure your preferred accommodation choice, especially during peak travel seasons.
1. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Novo Theatre: Located just a short distance from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, this iconic planetarium offers a unique experience to explore the wonders of the universe through its cutting-edge technology.
2. National Parliament House: Situated around 10 kilometers away from the airport, this grand architectural marvel is a must-visit attraction. The complex houses the Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban, where the laws of Bangladesh are made, and its captivating design is a testament to the country’s rich history and culture.
3. National Museum of Bangladesh: Immerse yourself in the vibrant history and heritage of Bangladesh by visiting the National Museum, approximately 12 kilometers from the airport. Exhibiting an extensive collection of artifacts, paintings, and sculptures, this museum showcases the country’s diverse cultural heritage.
4. Liberation War Museum: Located about 13 kilometers from the airport, this museum pays tribute to the sacrifices made during the Bangladesh Liberation War. Through various exhibits and displays, it offers visitors a comprehensive understanding of the nation’s struggle for independence.
5. Lalbagh Fort: Around 15 kilometers away from the airport lies this historic fortification built during the Mughal era. Its elegant architectural features, including the iconic Lalbagh Fort Mosque and Diwan-i-Aam, provide a glimpse into the region’s rich past.
6. Ahsan Manzil: A little over 15 kilometers from the airport, Ahsan Manzil, also known as the Pink Palace, stands as a magnificent testament to the Dhaka’s architectural heritage. This beautiful palace turned museum offers insights into the luxurious lifestyle of the Nawabs of Dhaka.
7. Sadarghat River Port: Located just over 16 kilometers from the airport, Sadarghat is one of the largest river ports in the world. Witness the bustling activity as various ferries and boats navigate the Buriganga River while boarding a boat ride to explore the surrounding waterways.
8. Shankharia Bazar: Situated about 18 kilometers from the airport, Shankharia Bazar portrays the cultural diversity of Dhaka. The narrow lanes are adorned with traditional shops selling handicrafts, textiles, and jewelry, making it a great place to immerse yourself in local bazaar culture.
9. Jatiyo Smriti Soudho: This national monument, located approximately 20 kilometers from the airport, stands as a tribute to the martyrs of the Liberation War of Bangladesh. Its immaculately maintained premises and eternal flame serve as a somber reminder of the sacrifices made for the nation’s independence.
10. Dhakeshwari Temple: Situated about 22 kilometers from the airport, Dhakeshwari Temple is one of the most prominent Hindu temples in Bangladesh. This architectural masterpiece dedicated to Goddess Durga attracts devotees and tourists alike, offering a glimpse into the country’s religious harmony.
Please note that the distances mentioned are approximate and may vary based on traffic conditions.
History of Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Bangladesh. It is located in Kurmitola, Dhaka, and was previously known as Zia International Airport. The airport was named after the famous Sufi saint Hazrat Shahjalal, who played a significant role in spreading Islam in the region.
The airport was first established in 1980, and it was initially used for domestic flights. However, with the growth of the aviation industry in Bangladesh, the airport was expanded to accommodate international flights. In 2010, the airport was renamed Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport to honor the saint who is highly revered in the country.
Today, the airport serves as a major hub for international airlines, connecting Bangladesh to various destinations around the world. It has undergone several renovations and upgrades over the years to improve its facilities and services. The airport has a modern terminal building, which can handle up to 15 million passengers annually. It also has a cargo terminal, which is capable of handling over 200,000 tons of cargo per year.
In conclusion, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport has a rich history and has played a significant role in the development of the aviation industry in Bangladesh. It continues to be a vital gateway for travelers and cargo, connecting the country to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Dhaka Division, Bangladesh