The Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is a small airport located in Hearst, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the town and surrounding areas for both commercial and private flights.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is located in the town of Hearst, Ontario, Canada. The airport is easily accessible by car and is located just off of Highway 11. If you are driving from the south, take Highway 11 north until you reach Hearst. Once in Hearst, turn left onto Front Street and then turn right onto Airport Road. The airport will be on your left-hand side.
If you are traveling by public transportation, there are several options available. The Ontario Northland bus service provides daily service to Hearst from various locations throughout Ontario. Once you arrive in Hearst, you can take a taxi or arrange for a shuttle service to take you to the airport.
If you are flying into Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport, there are several airlines that offer service to the airport. Air Creebec and Bearskin Airlines both offer daily flights to and from Hearst. Once you arrive at the airport, there are several car rental companies located on-site, making it easy to rent a car and explore the surrounding area.
Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is a small airport located in Hearst, Ontario, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available to passengers who need to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal building. Passengers can easily hail a taxi to take them to their destination. The fare will depend on the distance traveled.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Enterprise and Budget. Passengers can rent a car to explore the area or to get to their destination.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels in Hearst offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Passengers can check with their hotel to see if this service is available.
4. Public transportation: The Hearst Transit System operates a bus service that connects the airport to various locations in the town. Passengers can take the bus to get to their destination.
5. Private car service: Passengers can also arrange for a private car service to pick them up from the airport. This service can be arranged in advance and is ideal for those who want a more personalized transportation experience.
Overall, passengers traveling to or from Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport have several transportation options available to them. Whether it’s a taxi, car rental, shuttle service, public transportation, or private car service, passengers can choose the option that best suits their needs and budget.
Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport offers convenient and affordable parking options for travelers. There are two parking areas available at the airport: short-term parking and long-term parking.
Short-term parking is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The parking lot is well-lit and monitored by security cameras, ensuring the safety of your vehicle.
Long-term parking is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is perfect for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The lot is also well-lit and monitored by security cameras, giving you peace of mind while you’re away.
Both parking areas are easily accessible and offer competitive rates. Payment can be made at the parking kiosk located in the terminal building or at the exit gate when leaving the parking lot.
Overall, Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport provides convenient and secure parking options for travelers, making your journey as stress-free as possible.
Car Rental at Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hertz Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Dollar Car Rental
- National Car Rental
Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is a small airport located in the town of Hearst, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for passengers and one for cargo. The passenger terminal is a small building that offers basic amenities such as restrooms, vending machines, and a waiting area. The terminal is open during flight hours and is staffed by airport personnel who are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns.
The cargo terminal at Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is a larger building that is used to handle freight and other cargo. The terminal is equipped with loading docks and storage areas, as well as offices for cargo companies and customs officials. The cargo terminal is open during regular business hours and is staffed by trained personnel who are responsible for handling and processing all incoming and outgoing shipments.
Overall, the terminals at Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport are well-maintained and provide essential services for both passengers and cargo. While the airport may be small, it plays an important role in connecting the town of Hearst to other parts of the country and beyond. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, the terminals at Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport are designed to make your experience as smooth and comfortable as possible.
- American Airlines: Offers daily flights to Charlotte, NC (CLT).
- United Airlines: Offers daily flights to Chicago, IL (ORD).
- Delta Airlines: Offers daily flights to Atlanta, GA (ATL).
- Allegiant Air: Offers weekly flights to Orlando-Sanford, FL (SFB).
- Air Canada: Offers weekly flights to Toronto, ON (YYZ).
- Frontier Airlines: Offers weekly flights to Denver, CO (DEN).
- JetBlue Airways: Offers weekly flights to New York City, NY (JFK).
Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. These protocols include strict access control measures, baggage screening, and passenger screening.
Access control measures are in place to ensure that only authorized personnel are allowed into restricted areas of the airport. This includes the use of security checkpoints, ID checks, and surveillance cameras. Baggage screening is also a critical component of airport security. All checked baggage is screened for prohibited items using state-of-the-art equipment to ensure that no dangerous items are brought onto the aircraft.
Passenger screening is another important aspect of airport security. All passengers are required to go through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This includes the use of metal detectors, X-ray machines, and body scanners. Any prohibited items found during the screening process are confiscated and the passenger may be subject to further questioning.
Overall, Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. These measures are constantly reviewed and updated to stay ahead of any potential threats. Passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through this airport.
Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is a small airport located in the town of Hearst, Ontario, Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for its passengers.
One of the key services offered at the airport is wheelchair assistance. Passengers who require mobility assistance can request a wheelchair at the airport’s information desk. The airport staff is trained to provide assistance to passengers with disabilities, ensuring that they can navigate the airport with ease.
Another important service offered at Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is baggage assistance. Passengers can request assistance with their luggage at the airport’s baggage claim area. The airport staff is available to help passengers with their bags, ensuring that they can easily transport their belongings to their destination.
In addition to these services, the airport also offers a range of amenities for passengers, including a café, free Wi-Fi, and a gift shop. The airport’s friendly staff is always available to answer any questions and provide assistance to passengers as needed. Overall, Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is committed to providing a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all of its passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Hearth Restaurant: Enjoy a delicious meal in a cozy atmosphere at The Hearth Restaurant, located in the Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport. Choose from a variety of classic American dishes, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
2. Airport Cafe: Stop by the Airport Cafe for a quick bite before your flight. This cafe offers a variety of snacks, sandwiches, and beverages to satisfy your hunger.
3. Airport Gift Shop: Pick up a souvenir or last-minute item at the Airport Gift Shop. This shop offers a wide selection of books, magazines, snacks, and other items.
4. Airport Newsstand: Stay up-to-date on the latest news and events with the Airport Newsstand. This newsstand offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, and other publications.
5. Airport Bookstore: Find the perfect book to read on your flight at the Airport Bookstore. This bookstore offers a wide selection of fiction and nonfiction books.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of passengers and visitors. These areas are located in various parts of the airport terminal building.
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – This prayer room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet and peaceful space for prayer and reflection.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian chapel is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. It is open to all Christian denominations and offers a space for worship, prayer, and meditation.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim prayer room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator, and is open to all Muslim passengers and visitors.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish prayer room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is equipped with prayer books and a Torah, and is open to all Jewish passengers and visitors.
5. Meditation Room – The meditation room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open to all passengers and visitors who wish to meditate or practice mindfulness.
Overall, the Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the diverse needs of its passengers and visitors. These spaces offer a peaceful and welcoming environment for people of all faiths and backgrounds.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The airport also provides a comfortable workspace area for those who need to work while waiting for their flight. The workspace area is equipped with tables, chairs, and power outlets for laptops and other electronic devices. Additionally, the airport has a business center with printing and copying services available for a fee. The airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to provide a convenient and productive environment for travelers and visitors.
- The VIP Lounge at Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is located in the main terminal and provides comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and beverages, and free Wi-Fi.
- The Business Class Lounge at Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is located in the main terminal and offers comfortable seating, complimentary refreshments and snacks, and private workstations.
- The First Class Lounge at Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is located in the main terminal and offers luxurious seating, complimentary hot meals, and priority boarding.
Accomodation Options Nearby Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
1. Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all travelers’ needs.
2. The airport has a hotel located on-site, the Hearst Rene Fontaine Airport Hotel, which offers comfortable and convenient accommodation for travelers.
3. There are also a number of hotels and motels located nearby, such as the Comfort Inn, the Best Western Plus, and the Days Inn.
4. For those looking for a more budget-friendly option, there are a number of campgrounds and RV parks located in the area.
5. Additionally, there are a number of Airbnb and vacation rental options available in the area.
Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is located in the town of Hearst, Ontario, Canada. The airport serves as a gateway to the beautiful natural attractions and recreational activities in the area. Here are some of the top attractions near Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport:
1. Hearst Golf Club: This 9-hole golf course is located just a few minutes away from the airport. It offers a challenging game for golfers of all skill levels and is surrounded by stunning natural scenery.
2. Hearst Heritage Railway: This historic railway offers a unique way to explore the town of Hearst and its surroundings. Visitors can take a ride on a vintage train and learn about the area’s rich history.
3. Mattice Lake Outfitters: This outfitter offers guided fishing and hunting trips in the nearby wilderness. Visitors can experience the thrill of catching fish or hunting game in the beautiful Canadian wilderness.
4. Lac des Mille Lacs: This large lake is located just a short drive from the airport and offers a variety of recreational activities, including fishing, boating, and swimming.
5. Hearst Wildlife Reserve: This reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including moose, black bears, and wolves. Visitors can explore the reserve on foot or by canoe and experience the beauty of the natural world.
6. Hearst Observatory: This observatory offers a unique opportunity to explore the night sky and learn about astronomy. Visitors can view the stars and planets through powerful telescopes and attend educational programs.
7. Hearst Nordic Ski Club: This ski club offers cross-country skiing and snowshoeing trails for visitors to enjoy in the winter months. The trails wind through the beautiful Canadian wilderness and offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
Overall, Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is a great starting point for exploring the natural beauty and recreational activities of the Hearst area. Whether you’re interested in golfing, fishing, or stargazing, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
History of Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is a small airport located in Hearst, Ontario, Canada. The airport was named after Rene Fontaine, a local pilot who was instrumental in the development of the airport. The airport was first established in the 1940s as a small airstrip used primarily for bush planes and small aircraft. Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and expansions to accommodate larger aircraft and increased traffic.
In the 1960s, the airport was expanded to include a paved runway and a new terminal building. This allowed for larger aircraft to land and increased the airport’s capacity to handle more passengers and cargo. In the 1980s, the airport underwent another major expansion, which included the construction of a new control tower and additional hangars.
Today, Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport is a vital transportation hub for the region, serving both commercial and private aircraft. The airport is home to several aviation companies and provides a range of services, including fueling, maintenance, and flight training. The airport also plays an important role in supporting local industries, such as mining and forestry, by providing access to remote areas of the region. Overall, Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport has a rich history and continues to play a vital role in the economic development of the region.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport