The Hesalibi Airstrip is a small yet vital airfield located in Papua New Guinea. Situated amidst the stunning wilderness, it serves as a lifeline for remote communities, enabling essential supplies and medical assistance to reach them efficiently.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Hesalibi Airstrip
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Hesalibi Airstrip
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Hesalibi Airstrip
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Hesalibi Airstrip
- Other Airports in Western (Fly River), Papua New Guinea
How to Get to Hesalibi Airstrip
To get to Hesalibi Airstrip in Papua New Guinea, the most convenient option is to fly into Mount Hagen Airport (HGU) via domestic or international flights. Mount Hagen Airport serves as a major gateway to various destinations within Papua New Guinea and is well-connected to both domestic and international airports.
From Mount Hagen Airport, you can take a short domestic flight to Hesalibi Airstrip, which typically takes around 20-30 minutes. There are several airlines operating regular flights between Mount Hagen and Hesalibi, ensuring convenient access to the airstrip. It is important to check the flight schedules and book your tickets in advance to secure your travel plans.
Upon arrival at Hesalibi Airstrip, you will find limited facilities, as it primarily serves as a transportation hub. However, the airstrip is conveniently located for accessing nearby regions, including various hiking trails and remote villages. Public transportation options from the airstrip may be limited, so it is advisable to arrange private transport or pre-arranged transfers to reach your desired destination.
In summary, to reach Hesalibi Airstrip in Papua New Guinea, fly into Mount Hagen Airport and then take a short domestic flight to reach the airstrip. Plan your flights in advance, considering available airlines and schedules. Make arrangements for ground transportation from Hesalibi Airstrip to your final destination.
Hesalibi Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, serves as an important transportation hub for the surrounding region. Despite its relatively small size, this airstrip offers a few transportation options for travelers looking to reach their destination efficiently.
1. Domestic Flights: Hesalibi Airstrip caters primarily to domestic flights within Papua New Guinea. Several regional airlines provide regular flights to and from Hesalibi, connecting it to major cities and towns across the country. Passengers can conveniently book these flights from various airline companies, ensuring a smooth travel experience.
2. Charter Flights: For those seeking a more flexible travel arrangement, charter flights are available at Hesalibi Airstrip. These flights allow passengers to hire an entire aircraft for their specific travel needs, providing a personalized and convenient transportation option. Charter flights are particularly popular for group travel, business trips, or when traveling to remote destinations not serviced by scheduled flights.
3. Ground Transportation: Upon arriving at Hesalibi Airstrip, travelers have access to several ground transportation options. Local taxis and shuttle services are readily available to transport passengers to nearby towns, resorts, or other desired destinations. These services offer convenience and local knowledge, ensuring a hassle-free journey beyond the airstrip.
It is important to note that Hesalibi Airstrip is a rural airport, and its facilities may be limited compared to larger international airports. Travelers are advised to plan and book their transportation in advance, as availability may vary depending on the season and demand. Additionally, it is always recommended to check with local travel agencies or airport authorities for the most up-to-date information on transportation options and schedules.
In conclusion, while Hesalibi Airstrip may not have an extensive range of transportation options, it does offer domestic flights and charter services, allowing travelers to reach their destinations conveniently. With additional ground transportation services available, traveling from Hesalibi Airstrip to your desired location in Papua New Guinea is accessible and comfortable.
Hesalibi Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, offers convenient car parking facilities for travelers. Situated in the Hela Province, this airstrip is known for its vital role in connecting the region with other parts of the country. The car parking area can be found adjacent to the airstrip, ensuring easy access for visitors arriving by road.
The Hesalibi Airstrip car parking area is designed to accommodate a significant number of vehicles, offering ample space for travelers to securely park their cars. Whether you are a local resident or a visitor exploring the stunning landscapes of Papua New Guinea, you can rely on the dedicated car parking facilities provided at Hesalibi Airstrip.
Once parked, passengers can simply walk to the airstrip to catch their flights. The proximity of the car parking area to the airstrip allows for a stress-free travel experience, avoiding the hassle of long walks or the need for additional transportation services.
Furthermore, the car parking area at Hesalibi Airstrip is well-maintained and regularly monitored to ensure the safety and security of parked vehicles. This provides peace of mind for travelers who can confidently leave their cars behind while embarking on their journeys.
In conclusion, Hesalibi Airstrip in Papua New Guinea provides a convenient car parking facility adjacent to the airstrip itself. With ample space, easy access, and a focus on safety and security, travelers can confidently park their vehicles at Hesalibi Airstrip while exploring the wonders of the region.
Car Rental at Hesalibi Airstrip
Hesalibi Airstrip, located in the Southern Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea, serves as a vital transportation hub connecting remote communities to the rest of the country. Nestled amidst lush green valleys and towering mountains, this modest airstrip plays a crucial role in ensuring the mobility and access to essential services for the local population.
The Hesalibi Airstrip features a single runway with a gravel surface, accommodating both small aircraft and helicopters. Although relatively small in scale, its strategic location allows for convenient air travel to nearby towns, providing a link to medical facilities, educational institutions, and economic opportunities. The terminal facilities at Hesalibi Airstrip offer basic amenities such as waiting areas, check-in counters, and essential passenger services, catering to the needs of the local community and visitors alike.
Despite its simplicity, Hesalibi Airstrip serves as a lifeline for the people of the Southern Highlands Province, empowering them with increased mobility and facilitating access to essential services. The terminal, though modest, plays a vital role in connecting remote communities, fostering economic development, and enhancing the overall quality of life for the residents. Hesalibi Airstrip stands as a testament to the importance of air transportation in bridging geographical barriers and facilitating connectivity even in the most challenging terrains.
Hesalibi Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, is a crucial transportation hub that ensures connectivity to remote areas of this diverse country. As part of its operational framework, Hesalibi Airstrip maintains strict security protocols, ensuring the safety and well-being of passengers, personnel, and infrastructure.
Firstly, access to the airstrip is restricted to authorized personnel, passengers, and approved visitors, promoting a controlled and secure environment. Entry points are monitored by security staff who carefully scrutinize individuals and their belongings to prevent unauthorized personnel from entering sensitive areas. These measures help maintain a high level of security throughout the facility.
Additionally, Hesalibi Airstrip works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure effective security coverage. Collaboration with the Papua New Guinea national police and other security forces enhances security preparedness and response capabilities. Regular patrols and surveillance are conducted to deter potential threats and swiftly address any security concerns that may arise.
Moreover, Hesalibi Airstrip follows international aviation security standards to safeguard against potential risks. This includes stringent baggage screening procedures, utilizing advanced scanning technologies to detect prohibited items or substances. These measures are in place to ensure the safety of both passengers and flight operations.
In conclusion, Hesalibi Airstrip in Papua New Guinea upholds rigorous security protocols to provide a safe and secure environment for all stakeholders. By restricting access, collaborating closely with local law enforcement, and adhering to international aviation security standards, Hesalibi Airstrip ensures the integrity of its operations while fostering trust and confidence among passengers and visitors alike.
Hesalibi Airstrip is a small and remote airstrip located in the Enga Province of Papua New Guinea. It serves as an important transportation hub for both locals and travelers seeking to explore the stunning natural beauty and cultural richness of this region. While it may not be the most well-known or heavily frequented airstrip in the country, Hesalibi Airstrip offers essential traveler’s assistance to ensure a smooth and safe journey.
Travelers visiting Hesalibi Airstrip can expect basic facilities and services that cater to their needs. The airstrip provides a convenient gateway to various attractions in the surrounding area, such as the breathtaking Lake Kutubu and the mesmerizing Mt. Wilhelm. Visitors can rely on the assistance of friendly local staff who are knowledgeable about the region and can provide valuable information about nearby accommodations, transportation options, and points of interest.
It is important to note that due to its remote location, Hesalibi Airstrip may have limited amenities. However, travelers can rest assured that the local community is welcoming and supportive, always ready to lend a helping hand. Whether it’s arranging ground transportation, recommending local guides, or providing guidance on cultural protocols, the people of Hesalibi Airstrip strive to ensure that visitors have a memorable and enjoyable experience in this hidden gem of Papua New Guinea.
Shops and Restaurants
Hesalibi Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, offers a convenient transportation hub for travelers looking to reach various destinations within the region. While the airstrip itself does not have any on-site shops or restaurants, there are a few options for those seeking dining or shopping facilities nearby.
Just a short distance from the airstrip, visitors will find a range of small local shops where they can purchase essentials and various goods. These shops often offer a selection of snacks, drinks, toiletries, and basic household items to cater to the needs of both locals and tourists.
For those seeking a more substantial dining experience, several local eateries are situated within a short drive or walk from Hesalibi Airstrip. These restaurants offer a diverse range of cuisines, from traditional Papua New Guinean dishes to international flavors. Visitors can indulge in delicious meals prepared with locally sourced ingredients, providing an authentic taste of the region’s culinary traditions.
It’s worth noting that the dining and shopping options near Hesalibi Airstrip may not be as varied or extensive as those found in larger urban areas. However, visitors can still enjoy the charm and warmth of small local establishments, where they can interact with friendly staff and experience the local culture firsthand.
Travelers passing through Hesalibi Airstrip can thus rest assured that their dining and shopping needs will be adequately met within a short distance from the airstrip. Whether it’s grabbing a quick snack, purchasing necessities, or enjoying a satisfying meal, these nearby options ensure that visitors have access to the essentials and more during their stay in this part of Papua New Guinea.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Hesalibi Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, is a crucial transportation hub that serves the surrounding communities. As a result, it is essential for the airstrip to cater to the diverse religious needs of both residents and travelers passing through. To accommodate their spiritual practices, several prayer rooms and worship areas can be found within the vicinity of Hesalibi Airstrip. These facilities offer a tranquil space for individuals to engage in personal reflection, prayer, or communal worship.
One prominent prayer room near Hesalibi Airstrip is situated within the airport terminal itself. This conveniently allows passengers to access the facility before or after their flights. Equipped with serene ambiance and necessary amenities, this prayer room provides a quiet and respectful environment for individuals of various faiths.
Additionally, a few places of worship are also located within a short distance from Hesalibi Airstrip. One notable example is the St. Mary’s Catholic Church, situated just a few kilometers away. This beautiful church welcomes Catholics and other Christians to participate in Mass, prayer services, and other religious activities.
Moreover, another religious establishment near Hesalibi Airstrip is the Hesalibi United Church. This church provides a space for Christians to gather for worship, prayer, and spiritual guidance. Its close proximity to the airstrip enables both locals and visitors to easily access this place of worship.
In conclusion, Hesalibi Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the spiritual needs of its users. Whether within the airport terminal or in nearby religious institutions such as St. Mary’s Catholic Church and Hesalibi United Church, individuals can find solace and engage in their respective religious practices. These facilities aim to create an inclusive environment that respects and supports the religious diversity of the community.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Hesalibi Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, offers various amenities to ensure a comfortable and productive experience for travelers. One such amenity is WiFi connectivity, allowing visitors to stay connected with their work or loved ones. Whether you need to send important emails or simply browse the internet, the reliable WiFi service at Hesalibi Airstrip enables seamless connectivity.
In addition to WiFi, this airstrip also provides well-equipped workspace facilities. These workspaces are designed to cater to the needs of business travelers or individuals who require a quiet and productive environment. Whether you need to catch up on work or prepare for an important meeting, you can find a dedicated workspace at Hesalibi Airstrip.
The workspace facilities at this airstrip are equipped with comfortable seating arrangements, ample desk space, and adequate lighting to ensure a conducive working environment. Whether you prefer a private area to focus or a collaborative space to brainstorm ideas, Hesalibi Airstrip offers a range of options to suit your needs.
Furthermore, the airstrip provides a serene and peaceful ambiance, allowing visitors to concentrate without any distractions. The well-maintained and clean environment further enhances the overall experience, ensuring a pleasant atmosphere for work or relaxation.
Whether you are a business traveler or simply in need of a productive space, Hesalibi Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers reliable WiFi connectivity and well-equipped workspace facilities. With these amenities, visitors can stay connected and get work done efficiently while enjoying the comfort and tranquility of this airstrip.
Accomodation Options Nearby Hesalibi Airstrip
Hesalibi Airstrip, nestled amidst the breathtaking landscapes of Papua New Guinea, offers a range of accommodation options to suit every traveler’s budget and preferences. Whether you seek a cozy and budget-friendly stay or a luxurious retreat, Hesalibi has got you covered.
1. Local Guesthouses: For those seeking an authentic and immersive experience, Hesalibi offers a few local guesthouses. These affordable accommodations provide a glimpse into the local way of life and offer basic amenities such as comfortable beds, shared bathrooms, and communal areas.
2. Casual Lodges: If you prefer a more relaxed and comfortable stay, several casual lodges cater to your needs. These lodges offer a variety of room options catering to different budgets. You can expect cozy rooms with private bathrooms and amenities like hot showers, mosquito nets, and a communal dining area.
3. Eco-Resorts: For eco-conscious travelers, Hesalibi boasts some eco-resorts that blend sustainable practices with comfort. These environmentally-friendly accommodations typically utilize renewable energy sources and employ local staff. They provide comfortable rooms with en-suite bathrooms, as well as additional amenities like organic toiletries and serene communal spaces.
4. Mid-Range Hotels: If you desire a balance between comfort and affordability, consider the mid-range hotels near Hesalibi. These hotels often feature spacious rooms with private bathrooms, air conditioning, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Additionally, they may offer services like an on-site restaurant, swimming pool, and tour assistance.
5. Luxury Retreats: For those seeking indulgence and pampering, Hesalibi offers a few luxury retreats that promise an opulent experience. These upscale accommodations boast lavish rooms and suites with stunning views, plush furnishings, and high-end amenities. Additionally, they offer world-class dining options, spa facilities, and personalized services to create an unforgettable stay.
It’s important to note that accommodation options in Hesalibi may vary in availability and quality, so it’s advisable to book in advance and research the reviews and offerings of each specific option to find the ideal fit for your needs.
1. Kokoda Track: Located approximately 30 kilometers from Hesalibi Airstrip, the historical Kokoda Track is a famous hiking trail that follows the route of the World War II Kokoda campaign. It is both challenging and breathtaking, offering incredible views and a deep immersion into Papua New Guinea’s history.
2. Tufi Dive Resort: Situated on the northern coast, Tufi Dive Resort boasts pristine coral reefs, crystal-clear waters, and abundant marine life. Diving enthusiasts will be in awe of the vibrant coral gardens, WWII wrecks, and the opportunity to witness the incredible biodiversity of Papua New Guinea’s underwater world.
3. Lake Kutubu: Nestled deep within the rainforest, Lake Kutubu is one of the country’s largest freshwater lakes. It is surrounded by untouched natural beauty, including cascading waterfalls, dense forests, and traditional villages. Boat tours on the lake offer a chance to explore its picturesque surroundings.
4. Mount Wilhelm: Standing proudly as Papua New Guinea’s highest peak, Mount Wilhelm towers at 14,793 feet above sea level. It offers a challenging yet rewarding hiking experience, providing stunning panoramic views of neighboring valleys, glacial lakes, and surrounding mountains.
5. Ambua Lodge: Located in the Southern Highlands, Ambua Lodge offers a unique cultural experience. Visitors can immerse themselves in the rich traditions of the local Huli people, witness traditional dances, and explore the breathtaking landscapes of the Tari Valley.
6. Mendi: Just a short distance from Hesalibi Airstrip, Mendi is the capital of the Southern Highlands Province. The town is known for its vibrant markets, which offer an array of exotic fruits, vegetables, and traditional handicrafts. It’s a great opportunity to interact with the warm and friendly locals.
7. Baining Mountains: Situated in the East New Britain Province, the Baining Mountains are home to one of Papua New Guinea’s most captivating cultural experiences. Witness the mesmerizing fire dances performed by the Baining people as part of their traditional rituals, accompanied by vibrant masks and ceremonial costumes.
8. Varirata National Park: Located near Port Moresby, Varirata National Park is an excellent option for nature lovers. The park’s hiking trails offer breathtaking views of the coastline, dense rainforest, and an opportunity to spot a variety of bird species, including the iconic bird of paradise.
9. Tawali Resort: Nestled within Milne Bay’s pristine marine environment, Tawali Resort offers diving enthusiasts an unforgettable experience. The resort is renowned for its spectacular coral reefs, WWII wreck dives, and the chance to witness unique marine creatures such as pygmy seahorses and flamboyant cuttlefish.
10. Sepik River: Stretching over 1,000 kilometers, the Sepik River is one of the world’s extraordinary waterways. Boat tours along the river provide an opportunity to explore traditional villages, witness ancient art forms, and discover the incredible diversity of Papua New Guinea’s remote communities.
These attractions near Hesalibi Airstrip offer a diverse range of experiences that highlight the natural beauty, cultural heritage, and historical significance of Papua New Guinea.
History of Hesalibi Airstrip
Hesalibi Airstrip, located in the Western Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea, holds a significant place in the country’s aviation history. Constructed in the mid-20th century, the airstrip played a crucial role in providing air access to the remote regions of the Western Highlands, facilitating transportation and trade in an otherwise challenging terrain. Initially built to accommodate small aircraft, Hesalibi Airstrip has witnessed several developments and enhancements over the years to cater to larger planes.
As Papua New Guinea transitioned from being a colony to an independent nation in 1975, Hesalibi Airstrip became even more vital for the region’s economic growth. The airstrip served as a lifeline for communities in the Western Highlands, allowing for the transportation of essential goods, medical supplies, and skilled personnel to these remote areas. Moreover, Hesalibi Airstrip played a critical role in supporting local industries and facilitating trade, connecting the region’s agricultural produce to domestic and international markets.
Throughout its history, Hesalibi Airstrip has witnessed various upgrades, including improved runway surfaces and the addition of basic infrastructure to cater to passengers and aircraft. These developments have not only enhanced the safety and efficiency of air travel but have also opened doors for tourism and economic opportunities. Today, Hesalibi Airstrip not only remains crucial for the local communities’ development but is also an important transit point for travelers exploring the unique cultural and natural wonders of the Western Highlands Province in Papua New Guinea.
Other Airports in Western (Fly River), Papua New Guinea
- Aiambak Airport
- Ali Airstrip
- Arufi Airstrip
- Atkamba Airport
- Awaba Airport
- Balimo Airport
- Bamu Airport
- Bensbach Airport
- Biangabip Airport
- Bosset Airport
- Dahamo Airstrip
- Daru Airport
- Debepare Airport
- Dewara Airstrip
- Dimisisi Airstrip
- Dodomona Airstrip
- Fuma Airport
- Gasuke Airport
- Guavi Airstrip
- Gubam Airstrip
- Gulgubip Airport
- Habi Airport
- Haewenai Airstrip
- Hesalibi Airstrip
- Honinabi Airport
- Kamusi Airport
- Kapal Airport
- Kawito Airport
- Kibuli Airstrip
- Kiriwo Airstrip
- Kiunga Airport
- Kondobol Airport
- Kungim Airport
- Kuyol Airport
- Lagoon Airstrip
- Lake Campbell Airstrip
- Lake Murray Airport
- Malam Airport
- Mapoda Airport
- Matkomnae Airstrip
- Membok Airstrip
- Morehead Airport
- Mougulu Airport
- Nomad River Airport
- Obo Airport
- Okao Airport
- Olsobip Airport
- Oriomo Airstrip
- Panakawa Airport
- Pangoa Airport
- Rumginae Airport
- Sasereme Airport
- Selbang Airport
- Seltamin Airstrip
- Somokopa Airstrip
- Sturt Island Airport
- Suabi Airport
- Suame Airstrip
- Suki Airport
- Tabubil Airport
- Tapila Airstrip
- Tarakbits Airport
- Upiara Airport
- Wasua Airport
- Wawoi Falls Airport
- Weam Airport
- Wipim Airport
- Yehebi Airstrip