Hikueru Airport is a small airstrip located on the coral atoll of Hikueru in French Polynesia. Serving as the main gateway to this remote and beautiful destination, the airport provides flights connecting Hikueru with other islands in the archipelago, allowing visitors to explore its pristine beaches and vibrant marine life.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Hikueru Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Hikueru Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Hikueru Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Hikueru Airport
- Other Airports in (unassigned), French Polynesia
How to Get to Hikueru Airport
To reach Hikueru Airport in French Polynesia, you have a few options. The airport is located on Hikueru Island, which is part of the Tuamotu Archipelago.
The most common way to get to Hikueru Airport is by taking a domestic flight from Tahiti Faa’a International Airport. There are several airlines, such as Air Tahiti, that operate flights to Hikueru Airport. The flight duration is usually around 1-2 hours, depending on the route and any layovers.
Another option is to travel by boat. There are occasionally cargo ships that make stops at Hikueru Island, but their schedules can be unreliable. It’s recommended to check with the local authorities or travel agencies for the latest information on boat services to Hikueru.
Once you arrive at Hikueru Airport, keep in mind that it is a small airport with limited facilities. It’s advisable to arrange any necessary accommodation or transportation in advance, as services on the island can be limited. Taxis or private transfers may be available to take you to your desired destination.
Remember to check the latest travel regulations, flight schedules, and any entry requirements before planning your journey to Hikueru Airport.
Hikueru Airport, located in French Polynesia, offers several transportation options for travelers to conveniently reach their desired destinations. Whether you are a visitor exploring this beautiful island or a local resident heading home, here are the transportation options available at Hikueru Airport:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal, providing a comfortable and hassle-free mode of transportation to various locations on the island. These taxi services offer a reliable and efficient way to get to your desired destination, whether it’s a hotel, a beach, or any other attraction on Hikueru Island.
2. Car Rental: If you prefer the freedom and flexibility to explore the island at your own pace, renting a car is an excellent option. At Hikueru Airport, you can find trusted car rental agencies offering a wide range of vehicles to cater to your specific needs. Renting a car is particularly convenient for those planning to embark on day trips or explore remote areas of the island.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels and resorts on Hikueru Island provide shuttle services from the airport to their premises. This convenient option ensures a hassle-free transfer to your accommodation, eliminating the need to arrange separate transportation. Check with your hotel prior to arrival to see if shuttle services are available.
4. Public Transportation: Hikueru Island also has a public bus system that operates from the airport. While this option may be more cost-effective, it may have limited routes and schedules. Therefore, it is advisable to check the bus timetable in advance if you plan to rely on public transportation.
5. Walking or Cycling: If you are staying in close proximity to Hikueru Airport or prefer a more eco-friendly way to explore the island, walking or cycling can be viable options. The island’s relatively small size makes it possible to navigate many areas on foot or by bike, providing the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Hikueru.
In conclusion, Hikueru Airport offers various transportation options, ranging from taxis and car rentals to shuttle services, public buses, and even walking or cycling. Whatever your preferences and needs may be, the transportation options at Hikueru Airport ensure that you can conveniently travel to your desired destinations on this stunning island in French Polynesia.
Hikueru Airport, located in French Polynesia, offers convenient car parking options for travelers. Situated near the airport terminal, these parking facilities provide easy access to the airport for a hassle-free travel experience. Whether you are a short-term visitor or planning a longer trip, Hikueru Airport has parking services to meet your needs.
The airport features both short-term and long-term parking areas to accommodate various durations of stay. Short-term parking is ideal for those picking up or dropping off passengers quickly and conveniently. It is located just a short distance from the terminal, allowing for easy access to the airport without wasting time searching for a parking space.
For travelers planning a longer trip, Hikueru Airport also offers long-term parking facilities. These parking areas are designed to provide secure storage for vehicles during extended periods away. With their close proximity to the airport, long-term parking ensures a hassle-free departure and arrival, allowing you to travel with peace of mind.
Additionally, Hikueru Airport emphasizes the safety and security of parked vehicles. The parking areas are well-lit and staffed by dedicated personnel, providing round-the-clock surveillance to ensure the utmost protection.
In summary, Hikueru Airport in French Polynesia provides car parking options that cater to the needs of all travelers. With both short-term and long-term parking areas strategically located near the terminal, convenience and security are prioritized. Whether you are embarking on a quick trip or a lengthy vacation, parking at Hikueru Airport ensures a seamless travel experience.
Car Rental at Hikueru Airport
Hikueru Airport, located in French Polynesia, is a small but important transportation hub serving the island of Hikueru. As one of the remote airports in the region, it plays a crucial role in connecting the island’s residents and tourists to other parts of French Polynesia and beyond. The airport boasts a single terminal that provides necessary facilities for travelers.
Despite its size, Hikueru Airport offers a range of amenities to ensure a comfortable travel experience. Inside the terminal, passengers will find a check-in area with friendly staff ready to assist with any inquiries. The waiting area is equipped with seating, allowing travelers to relax before boarding their flights. Additionally, there are conveniently located restroom facilities for visitors’ convenience.
One notable feature of Hikueru Airport is its picturesque location, nestled amidst the stunning natural beauty of French Polynesia. Passengers can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding turquoise waters and palm-fringed beaches, setting the tone for a memorable journey. With a commitment to safety and customer satisfaction, Hikueru Airport strives to provide an efficient and pleasant experience for all travelers passing through its terminal.
There are several airlines that operate at Hikueru Airport in French Polynesia. Some of the operating airlines include:
1. Air Tahiti
2. Air Tahiti Nui
3. Air Archipels
4. Air Moorea
5. Coral Sun Airways
Please note that the availability of flights and operating airlines may vary. It is advisable to check with the respective airline for the most up-to-date information and flight schedules.
Hikueru Airport, located in French Polynesia, is committed to ensuring the safety and security of its passengers, staff, and facilities at all times. As a key transportation hub, the airport has implemented stringent security protocols to maintain a safe environment for all travelers.
To ensure the protection of passengers, Hikueru Airport strictly adheres to international aviation regulations and standards. Passengers are required to go through a comprehensive security screening process before boarding their flights. This includes the examination of carry-on luggage, electronic devices, and personal items. Additionally, all travelers must pass through metal detectors, and in some cases, undergo a thorough physical pat-down to detect any prohibited or dangerous items.
The airport also employs highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring and controlling access to secure areas. These professionals are equipped with the necessary technical expertise to operate sophisticated security equipment such as closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras, x-ray machines, and explosive trace detectors. Their vigilant presence ensures that any potential security threats or unauthorized access to restricted areas are swiftly addressed.
Furthermore, Hikueru Airport maintains a close relationship with local law enforcement agencies to reinforce security measures. Regular patrols by security personnel and police officers are carried out within and around the airport premises, guaranteeing a constant and visible security presence. In the event of an emergency or security breach, the airport has contingency plans in place, along with well-trained staff, to respond effectively and minimize risks.
In conclusion, Hikueru Airport prioritizes the safety and security of its passengers and facilities. Through rigorous security measures, well-trained personnel, advanced technology, and strong partnerships with law enforcement agencies, the airport ensures that travelers can have peace of mind during their journey to and from French Polynesia.
Hikueru Airport is a small yet crucial gateway to the stunning French Polynesian atoll of Hikueru. Situated in the Tuamotu Archipelago, this airport serves as a vital transportation hub for travelers seeking to explore the natural beauty and cultural richness of this remote destination. Despite its modest size, Hikueru Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey.
Upon arrival, travelers can expect friendly and helpful staff members who are readily available to provide information and guidance. From assisting with luggage to offering directions and recommendations, the airport staff is committed to ensuring a seamless travel experience. Additionally, Hikueru Airport provides ample amenities including restroom facilities, comfortable seating areas, and a small café where visitors can grab a bite to eat or enjoy a refreshing beverage.
Travelers can also benefit from the airport’s communication services, such as Wi-Fi connectivity and public telephones, allowing them to stay connected with loved ones or access important information. In the event of any unforeseen circumstances or emergencies, Hikueru Airport has a dedicated team trained to handle various situations, ensuring the safety and well-being of all passengers.
Overall, Hikueru Airport may be small in size, but it offers a range of traveler’s assistance services aimed at providing a hassle-free and enjoyable travel experience. Whether you are visiting Hikueru for its pristine beaches, vibrant marine life, or cultural immersion, this airport serves as a reliable gateway, ensuring that your journey to this breathtaking destination begins on the right note.
Shops and Restaurants
Hikueru Airport, located in the breathtaking French Polynesia, offers a delightful array of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy during their visit. Whether you are looking for a quick snack or a unique souvenir, this airport has something to cater to every taste and preference.
For those seeking a taste of local cuisine, Hikueru Airport boasts an impressive selection of restaurants serving up traditional Polynesian dishes. Delight your taste buds with the rich flavors of fresh seafood, coconut-infused delicacies, and tropical fruits. The talented chefs at these restaurants ensure that each dish is prepared with the utmost care, providing an authentic culinary experience that reflects the vibrant culture of French Polynesia.
In addition to the tantalizing dining options, Hikueru Airport is home to a variety of charming shops, perfect for picking up souvenirs or browsing for unique gifts. From locally made handicrafts to exquisite pearl jewelry, these boutiques offer a range of products that highlight the artistry and craftsmanship of the region. Take a piece of French Polynesia home with you and treasure the memories of your visit.
Moreover, Hikueru Airport understands the importance of convenience for travelers. To cater to their needs, the airport houses a number of duty-free stores, allowing passengers to shop for a wide range of products at tax-free prices. Whether you are looking to purchase luxury items, cosmetics, or the finest spirits, these duty-free shops provide a hassle-free shopping experience, ensuring you can find everything you need before embarking on your journey.
Overall, Hikueru Airport in French Polynesia offers a delightful range of shops and restaurants that cater to the diverse tastes of travelers. From savoring the flavors of traditional Polynesian cuisine to finding unique souvenirs, this airport provides a memorable and enjoyable experience for all those passing through its gates.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Hikueru Airport, located in French Polynesia, offers prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the spiritual needs of travelers. These dedicated spaces provide a tranquil environment for individuals to engage in prayer, meditation, or religious rituals.
The prayer room at Hikueru Airport is conveniently located near the main terminal, offering easy access for passengers. This serene space is thoughtfully designed to accommodate individuals from various faiths and beliefs. It is equipped with essential facilities such as prayer mats, seating arrangements, and religious texts to facilitate spiritual practices.
To ensure the comfort of travelers, the prayer room is maintained with utmost care and cleanliness. The serene ambiance, coupled with soft lighting and soothing decor, creates an atmosphere conducive to peaceful contemplation and prayer.
Additionally, Hikueru Airport has designated worship areas within its premises. These areas cater to specific religious practices and are designed to respect the diverse faiths of visitors. Whether it be a chapel, mosque, or other religious spaces, travelers can find sanctuaries to practice their faith conveniently.
The airport staff at Hikueru Airport is committed to providing a respectful and inclusive environment for all passengers. They are readily available to assist travelers in locating and accessing the prayer rooms and worship areas within the airport premises.
In conclusion, Hikueru Airport in French Polynesia recognizes the importance of spiritual well-being and offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers. These dedicated spaces, conveniently located within the airport, provide individuals with a peaceful environment to engage in prayer, meditation, or religious rituals. The airport’s commitment to inclusivity ensures that travelers from various faiths can find solace and practice their beliefs comfortably.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Hikueru Airport, located in French Polynesia, offers convenient WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers seeking to stay connected and productive during their journey. Whether you’re a business professional or a digital nomad, Hikueru Airport understands the importance of staying connected in today’s fast-paced world.
When it comes to WiFi, Hikueru Airport provides reliable and high-speed internet access throughout its premises. Travelers can easily connect their devices and enjoy seamless internet browsing, email communication, or video conferencing without any interruptions. This ensures that you can stay in touch with loved ones, catch up on work, or simply browse the web during your time at the airport.
Moreover, Hikueru Airport acknowledges the growing trend of remote work and understands the need for suitable workspaces. For those who require a dedicated area to focus on their tasks, the airport offers well-equipped workstations. These workspaces are designed to provide comfort and convenience, allowing you to work efficiently and without any distractions. Whether you need to finalize a business presentation or complete important assignments, Hikueru Airport’s workspaces are the ideal solution.
In addition to WiFi and workspaces, Hikueru Airport also offers other amenities to enhance your overall experience. You can find comfortable seating areas, power outlets, and charging stations conveniently located throughout the airport, ensuring that you can keep your devices powered up and ready to go. Furthermore, the airport provides a peaceful and quiet atmosphere, allowing you to focus on your work without any disturbances.
Overall, Hikueru Airport in French Polynesia is committed to meeting the needs of modern travelers who require WiFi and workspace facilities. With reliable internet access, well-equipped workstations, and additional amenities, the airport ensures that you can stay connected and productive during your time there. So, whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, Hikueru Airport provides the necessary infrastructure to help you make the most of your time at the airport.
Accomodation Options Nearby Hikueru Airport
Hikueru Airport, located in French Polynesia, offers a variety of accommodation options to suit every traveler’s budget and preferences. Whether you are seeking a budget-friendly stay or a luxurious retreat, Hikueru Airport has something for everyone. Here are some of the accommodation options available in the area:
1. Guesthouses and Family-Run Lodges: If you are looking for affordable yet comfortable accommodation, you can find guesthouses and family-run lodges near Hikueru Airport. These typically offer cozy rooms, shared facilities, and a chance to connect with the locals. They provide a great opportunity to experience the authentic Polynesian way of life.
2. Budget Hotels: For those seeking affordable comfort with more privacy, budget hotels in the vicinity of Hikueru Airport are worth considering. These hotels often provide essential amenities such as private bathrooms, air conditioning, and Wi-Fi. While they may not offer extravagant facilities, they are a great option for budget-conscious travelers.
3. Mid-Range Resorts: Hikueru Airport also features a range of mid-range resorts that offer a higher level of comfort and amenities. These resorts typically boast spacious rooms, swimming pools, on-site dining options, and often have stunning beachfront locations. They provide a blend of affordability and quality, making them suitable for travelers looking for a little more comfort.
4. Luxury Resorts and Overwater Bungalows: For those seeking indulgence, Hikueru Airport is home to luxurious resorts that offer an unforgettable experience. These resorts feature elegant villas and sumptuous overwater bungalows, providing direct access to the crystal-clear lagoons. In addition to lavish accommodations, they often offer world-class facilities like spas, fine dining restaurants, private pools, and personalized services.
5. Private Villas and Vacation Rentals: At Hikueru Airport, there are also options for those who prefer privacy and exclusivity. Private villas and vacation rentals can be found, offering a range of amenities such as fully equipped kitchens, private pools, and stunning panoramic views. These accommodations are ideal for families or groups looking to enjoy a more secluded getaway.
With such diverse accommodation options available at Hikueru Airport, French Polynesia, travelers can choose a place to stay that suits their budget and desired level of luxury. From economic guesthouses to opulent resorts, this beautiful destination caters to every traveler’s needs.
1. Tiputa Pass: Located just a short distance from Hikueru Airport, Tiputa Pass is a world-renowned dive site. Its crystal-clear waters and rich marine life, including sharks, manta rays, and colorful coral reefs, make it a favorite spot for diving enthusiasts.
2. Tikehau Atoll: Situated approximately 25 kilometers northeast of Hikueru Airport, Tikehau Atoll is a pristine paradise known for its picture-perfect sandy beaches, vibrant lagoons, and abundant marine life. Visitors can enjoy snorkeling, kayaking, and simply soaking up the sun in this tranquil setting.
3. Tuamotu Pearl Farm: A short boat ride away from Hikueru Airport, the Tuamotu Pearl Farm offers a fascinating insight into the cultivation of exquisite black pearls. Visitors can learn about the pearl farming process, witness pearl grafting demonstrations, and even purchase beautiful pearl jewelry as a memento of their visit.
4. Bird Island: Located about 40 kilometers southwest of Hikueru Airport, Bird Island is a sanctuary for a wide variety of seabirds. Nature lovers can spot species like the red-tailed tropicbird and the brown booby while exploring the island’s stunning cliffs and pristine beaches.
5. Makatea Island: Roughly 150 kilometers northwest of Hikueru Airport lies Makatea Island, a unique destination known for its dramatic cliffs, ancient coral fossil cliffs, and lush vegetation. Visitors can hike through dense forests, explore limestone caves, and marvel at panoramic views from the island’s highest peak.
6. Rangiroa Atoll: Approximately 250 kilometers southwest of Hikueru Airport, Rangiroa Atoll is the largest atoll in French Polynesia. This natural wonder offers incredible diving opportunities and is famous for its mesmerizing Blue Lagoon, where visitors can observe dolphins, reef sharks, and colorful marine life.
7. Tetiaroa Atoll: Renowned for its pristine beauty and exclusivity, Tetiaroa Atoll is located about 250 kilometers northwest of Hikueru Airport. This private island was once the favored retreat of Hollywood star Marlon Brando and is now home to a luxury eco-resort. Visitors can enjoy luxurious accommodation, indulge in spa treatments, and explore the atoll’s stunning beaches.
8. Fakarava Atoll: Situated approximately 330 kilometers southwest of Hikueru Airport, Fakarava Atoll is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve renowned for its vibrant marine ecosystem. Diving enthusiasts can explore the Garuae Pass, one of the world’s largest passes, and encounter diverse marine life, from colorful fish to playful dolphins.
9. Kauehi Atoll: Located around 180 kilometers southwest of Hikueru Airport, Kauehi Atoll offers visitors a secluded and untouched paradise. Travelers can relax on pristine white-sand beaches, kayak through serene lagoons, and snorkel in the crystal-clear waters, discovering the abundant coral gardens.
10. Avatoru Village: Situated on the island of Rangiroa, Avatoru Village is a charming Polynesian village with a laid-back atmosphere. Visitors can immerse themselves in the local culture by visiting artisan workshops, exploring the vibrant arts and crafts scene, and sampling traditional Polynesian cuisine at local restaurants.
History of Hikueru Airport
Hikueru Airport, located in French Polynesia, holds a significant place in the region’s aviation history. The airport was initially constructed during World War II, serving as a military airfield for the United States armed forces. Its strategic location, nestled amidst the tranquil waters of the Pacific Ocean, played a crucial role during the war. The airport was equipped with essential facilities and airstrips to support military operations during this time.
After the war, Hikueru Airport underwent transformations to adapt to the demands of civil aviation. In the post-war era, the airport served as a crucial gateway for French Polynesia, connecting the remote islands of the archipelago to the rest of the world. Over the years, Hikueru Airport has witnessed significant expansions and modernizations to meet the growing needs of travelers.
Today, Hikueru Airport serves as an essential transportation hub for both locals and tourists. It offers regular domestic flights to the main islands of French Polynesia, ensuring seamless connectivity within the archipelago. The airport’s stunning location provides visitors with breathtaking views of the surrounding turquoise waters and lush green landscapes upon arrival and departure. Hikueru Airport stands as a testament to the region’s rich aviation history and its ongoing commitment to enhancing connectivity and accessibility in French Polynesia.
Other Airports in (unassigned), French Polynesia
- Ahe Airport
- Anaa Airport
- Apataki Airport
- Aratika Nord Airport
- Aratika-Perles Airport
- Arutua Airport
- Bora Bora Airport
- Faa’a International Airport
- Faaite Airport
- Fakahina Airport
- Fakarava Airport
- Fangatau Airport
- Hao Airport
- Hikueru Airport
- Hiva Oa-Atuona Airport
- Huahine-Fare Airport
- Katiu Airport
- Kauehi Airport
- Kaukura Airport
- Makemo Airport
- Manihi Airport
- Marutea Airport
- Mataiva Airport
- Maupiti Airport
- Moorea Temae Airport
- Moruroa Airport
- Naiu Airport
- Napuka Island Airport
- Nengo-Nengo Airport
- Nuku Hiva Airport
- Nukutavake Airport
- Nukutepipi Airport
- Puka Puka Airport
- Pukaruha Airport
- Raiatea Airport
- Raivavae Airport
- Rangiroa Airport
- Raroia Airport
- Reao Airport
- Rimatara Airport
- Rurutu Airport
- Takapoto Airport
- Takaroa Airport
- Takume Airport
- Tatakoto Airport
- Tetiaroa Airport
- Tikehau Airport
- Totegegie Airport
- Tubuai Airport
- Tupai Airport
- Tureia Airport
- Ua Huka Airport
- Ua Pou Airport
- Vahitahi Airport