Hurghada International Airport is a modern airport located in the Red Sea Governorate of Egypt. It serves as a gateway to the popular tourist destination of Hurghada, which is known for its beautiful beaches and coral reefs. The airport handles both domestic and international flights, making it an important transportation hub in the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Hurghada International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Hurghada International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Hurghada International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Hurghada International Airport
- Other Airports in Red Sea Governorate, Egypt
How to Get to Hurghada International Airport
Hurghada International Airport is located in the Red Sea Governorate of Egypt and is a popular destination for tourists visiting the area. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
If you are staying in Hurghada, the easiest way to get to the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance through your hotel. The journey to the airport takes around 15-20 minutes and should cost between 100-150 Egyptian pounds.
Alternatively, you can take a bus to the airport from the Hurghada bus station. Buses run regularly throughout the day and are a cheaper option than a taxi. The journey takes around 30 minutes and costs around 10-15 Egyptian pounds.
If you have your own car, you can drive to the airport and park in one of the airport’s parking lots. There are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking. The airport is well signposted from the main roads and is easy to find.
Overall, getting to Hurghada International Airport is a straightforward process, with several options available depending on your budget and preferences. Whether you choose to take a taxi, bus, or drive yourself, you can be sure of a hassle-free journey to the airport.
Hurghada International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Egypt, serving millions of passengers every year. If you are planning to travel to or from Hurghada International Airport, there are several transportation options available to you. Here are some of the most popular transportation options:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at Hurghada International Airport, and they are a convenient way to get to your destination. The taxi fare is usually negotiable, so make sure to agree on a price before getting into the taxi.
2. Shuttle buses: Shuttle buses are a cost-effective way to get to your destination. They operate on a fixed schedule and can take you to popular destinations such as hotels and resorts.
3. Private transfers: Private transfers are a comfortable and convenient way to get to your destination. You can book a private transfer in advance, and a driver will be waiting for you at the airport to take you to your destination.
4. Car rental: If you prefer to drive yourself, you can rent a car at Hurghada International Airport. There are several car rental companies located at the airport, and you can choose from a variety of vehicles.
5. Public transportation: Public transportation is also available at Hurghada International Airport. You can take a bus or a minibus to your destination, but this option may not be as convenient as the other options.
In conclusion, Hurghada International Airport offers several transportation options to suit your needs and budget. Whether you prefer a taxi, shuttle bus, private transfer, car rental, or public transportation, you can easily get to your destination from the airport.
Hurghada International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are charged hourly.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are charged daily.
3. Valet parking: This service is available for travelers who prefer to have their car parked for them. The valet parking area is located in front of the terminal building, and the rates are charged hourly.
4. Disabled parking: Hurghada International Airport offers designated parking spaces for travelers with disabilities. These spaces are located in the short-term parking area and are free of charge.
5. VIP parking: This parking area is reserved for VIP travelers and is located near the terminal building. The rates for VIP parking are charged hourly.
Overall, Hurghada International Airport provides a range of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need to park for a short or long period of time, or require special assistance, the airport has you covered.
Car Rental at Hurghada International Airport
- Budget Car Rental
- Avis Car Rental
Hurghada International Airport is the second busiest airport in Egypt, serving millions of passengers every year. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are both modern and well-equipped to handle the high volume of passengers.
Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and is primarily used for domestic flights. It has a capacity of 3 million passengers per year and features a range of facilities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, cafes, and currency exchange services. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for passengers who require extra comfort and privacy.
Terminal 2 is the newer and larger terminal, with a capacity of 7.5 million passengers per year. It is used for both domestic and international flights and has a wide range of facilities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, cafes, and currency exchange services. The terminal also has a VIP lounge, as well as a business center and conference facilities for business travelers.
Both terminals are well-connected to the city center and other popular tourist destinations in the region. Passengers can easily access taxis, buses, and private transfers from the airport to their desired destination. Overall, Hurghada International Airport’s terminals are modern, efficient, and well-equipped to provide a comfortable and hassle-free travel experience for passengers.
1. Air Cairo
2. Air Arabia Egypt
6. Nesma Airlines
7. Pegasus Airlines
11. TUI Airways
12. Wizz Air
Hurghada International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Egypt, serving millions of passengers every year. As a result, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The airport’s security measures are in line with international standards and are constantly updated to keep up with the latest security threats.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before entering the airport terminal. This includes a thorough check of all carry-on and checked baggage using X-ray machines and other screening equipment. Passengers are also required to pass through metal detectors and body scanners to ensure that they are not carrying any prohibited items.
In addition to these measures, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security threats. The airport also has a CCTV system that covers all areas of the airport, including the terminal, parking areas, and runways. This allows security personnel to quickly identify and respond to any suspicious activity.
Overall, Hurghada International Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport’s commitment to security has earned it a reputation as one of the safest airports in the region, and it continues to invest in new technologies and training to ensure that it remains at the forefront of airport security.
Hurghada International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for passengers. The airport has a dedicated team of staff who are available to assist passengers with any queries or concerns they may have. The staff are trained to provide assistance in multiple languages, including English, Arabic, and German.
One of the key services offered by Hurghada International Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has a fleet of wheelchairs available for passengers who require assistance with mobility. Passengers can request wheelchair assistance when booking their flight or upon arrival at the airport. The airport also has designated parking spaces for passengers with disabilities.
Another important service offered by Hurghada International Airport is baggage assistance. The airport has a team of staff who are available to assist passengers with their luggage. Passengers can request baggage assistance upon arrival at the airport or when checking in for their flight. The airport also has luggage storage facilities for passengers who need to store their luggage for a short period of time.
In addition to these services, Hurghada International Airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including currency exchange, information desks, and airport lounges. The airport is committed to providing a high level of customer service and ensuring that all passengers have a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Hurghada International Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Here are some of the top shops and restaurants that you can find at the airport:
1. Duty-Free: This is the perfect place to shop for souvenirs, gifts, and luxury items. You can find a wide range of products such as perfumes, cosmetics, chocolates, and alcohol.
2. Bookstore: If you are a book lover, then you will love the bookstore at Hurghada International Airport. You can find a wide range of books, magazines, and newspapers.
3. Fashion and Accessories: This shop offers a wide range of fashion and accessories for men, women, and children. You can find everything from clothing, shoes, bags, and jewelry.
4. Electronics: This shop offers a wide range of electronic gadgets such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and cameras.
1. Starbucks: This is the perfect place to grab a cup of coffee or a quick snack. You can find a wide range of coffee, tea, and pastries.
2. Burger King: If you are looking for a quick and tasty meal, then Burger King is the perfect place for you. You can find a wide range of burgers, fries, and soft drinks.
3. Pizza Hut: If you are in the mood for pizza, then Pizza Hut is the perfect place for you. You can find a wide range of pizzas, sides, and soft drinks.
4. Cinnabon: If you have a sweet tooth, then Cinnabon is the perfect place for you. You can find a wide range of cinnamon rolls, pastries, and coffee.
Overall, Hurghada International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Whether you are looking for souvenirs, gifts, or a quick meal, you can find everything you need at the airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Hurghada International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to perform their religious duties. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Islamic Prayer Room – located in the Departure Hall, near Gate 1. This prayer room is exclusively for Muslim passengers and is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and ablution facilities.
2. Christian Chapel – located in the Departure Hall, near Gate 2. This chapel is open to all Christian denominations and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – located in the Departure Hall, near Gate 3. This prayer room is open to all passengers of different faiths and provides a peaceful environment for prayer and meditation.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are easily accessible and provide a comfortable and private space for passengers to practice their religion. They are also regularly maintained and cleaned to ensure a hygienic environment for all users.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Hurghada International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media accounts, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work while waiting for their flight, the airport offers a number of comfortable seating areas with power outlets and USB ports. These areas are equipped with tables and chairs, making them ideal for working on laptops or other devices.
Business Lounge: The airport also has a dedicated business lounge, which provides a quiet and comfortable environment for passengers who need to work or relax before their flight. The lounge offers free WiFi, comfortable seating, and a range of refreshments, including hot and cold drinks and snacks.
Meeting Rooms: For passengers who need to hold meetings or conduct business while at the airport, there are several meeting rooms available for hire. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 20 people.
Overall, Hurghada International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to work, hold a meeting, or simply stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable.
Hurghada International Airport offers a variety of lounges to make the wait for flights more comfortable. The following are the lounges available at the airport:
- Airport Business Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departure Hall, this lounge offers comfortable seating, free WiFi, and food and drinks.
- Royal Lounge: Located in the International Departure Hall, this lounge offers a quiet and relaxing atmosphere, complimentary refreshments, and TV.
- EgyptAir Lounge: Located in the International Departure Hall, this lounge offers complimentary snacks and drinks, TV, and free WiFi.
- VIP Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departure Hall, this lounge offers comfortable seating, free WiFi, and complimentary drinks and snacks.
Accomodation Options Nearby Hurghada International Airport
Hurghada International Airport, located on the stunning shores of the Red Sea in Egypt, offers a range of accommodation options catering to various budgets and preferences. Whether you’re looking for an economical stay or seeking sheer luxury, Hurghada has something for everyone. Let’s explore the diverse range of accommodations available.
1. Budget-friendly Hotels and Guesthouses:
For those seeking affordable options, Hurghada hosts a selection of budget-friendly hotels and guesthouses near the airport. These establishments provide clean, comfortable rooms without compromising on quality. Examples include Alia Beach Hotel, Bob Marley Hostel, and Triton Empire Inn, which offer basic amenities at pocket-friendly rates.
2. Mid-range Hotels and Resorts:
Mid-range accommodations around the airport present an excellent balance between comfort and affordability. These establishments often provide a wider array of amenities such as pools, restaurants, and recreational facilities. Examples include Bella Vista Resort, Arabella Azur Resort, and Mercure Hurghada Hotel, offering a delightful stay without breaking the bank.
3. All-inclusive Resorts:
Hurghada International Airport is known for its luxurious and all-inclusive resorts that pamper guests with an array of amenities. These resorts boast private beaches, multiple swimming pools, world-class restaurants, bars, and wellness centers. Sunrise Crystal Bay Resort, Steigenberger Aqua Magic, and Albatros Palace Resort are some all-inclusive options renowned for their exceptional services and amenities.
4. Boutique Hotels and Villas:
If you’re longing for a more personalized experience, boutique hotels and villas offer an intimate and charming atmosphere. These accommodations prioritize attention to detail and often feature unique designs, personalized services, and tranquil settings. Baron Palace Sahl Hasheesh, The Oberoi Beach Resort, and La Maison Bleue El Gouna are some exquisite boutique options perfect for a memorable stay.
5. Luxury Resorts and Hotels:
For those seeking the epitome of opulence, Hurghada also houses luxurious five-star resorts and hotels. These establishments simply exude grandeur, offering palatial suites, private pools, private beach access, and exclusive VIP services. Mentioned amongst the crème de la crème are Steigenberger Makadi, Jaz Aquamarine Resort, and Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay, ensuring a lavish experience designed to exceed your expectations.
No matter what your budget or preferences, Hurghada International Airport offers a vast array of accommodations to suit every traveler. Whether you choose a budget-friendly option, a boutique hotel, or a lavish resort, rest assured that your stay will be complemented by the warm hospitality and breathtaking beauty of the Red Sea.
1. Giftun Island: Located just a short boat ride away from Hurghada, Giftun Island is a paradise for nature lovers and beach enthusiasts. Its crystal-clear waters and vibrant coral reefs make it a perfect spot for snorkeling and diving.
2. Hurghada Marina: This vibrant waterfront complex offers a range of cafes, restaurants, boutiques, and bars. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll along the marina, enjoy a delicious meal while overlooking the sea, or even embark on a sunset cruise.
3. Hurghada Grand Aquarium: Dive into the underwater world without getting wet at the Hurghada Grand Aquarium. With over 1,200 species and 24 exhibits, this modern facility is a great place for families and animal enthusiasts to learn about marine life.
4. Sand City Hurghada: For a unique experience, visit Sand City Hurghada, an open-air museum showcasing intricate sand sculptures by talented local artists. Marvel at the detailed sculptures that depict famous landmarks from around the world.
5. Makadi Water World: Located just a short drive from the airport, Makadi Water World is a water park that offers fun and excitement for all ages. Get your adrenaline pumping on thrilling slides, lazy rivers, and wave pools, or simply relax under the shade of palm trees.
6. Hurghada Museum: Dive into Egypt’s rich history at the Hurghada Museum. This newly opened museum features a collection of artifacts dating back to ancient Egypt, giving visitors an insight into the fascinating past of the region.
7. Dolphin House: A must-visit for animal lovers and adventure seekers, Dolphin House offers the opportunity to swim and interact with playful dolphins in their natural habitat. Enjoy the exhilarating experience of being in close proximity to these majestic animals.
8. Mini Egypt Park: Discover Egypt’s iconic landmarks in miniature form at Mini Egypt Park. Featuring miniature replicas of famous Egyptian monuments like the Pyramids of Giza and the Abu Simbel Temples, this park is a fun and educational attraction.
9. Hurghada City Center: Immerse yourself in the vibrant local culture by visiting Hurghada City Center. Explore local markets, sample traditional Egyptian street food, and shop for authentic souvenirs.
10. Coptic Church of Hurghada: Explore the religious heritage of the region by visiting the Coptic Church of Hurghada. This ancient church showcases beautiful artwork and offers a serene atmosphere for visitors seeking spiritual guidance or peaceful reflection.
History of Hurghada International Airport
Hurghada International Airport is located in the city of Hurghada, Egypt. It was first built in 1960 as a military airport, but it was later converted into a civilian airport in 1976. The airport has since undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of tourists visiting the Red Sea coast.
In 1986, the airport was expanded to include a new terminal building, which increased its capacity to handle more passengers. In 2015, a new terminal was opened, which further increased the airport’s capacity to handle up to 13 million passengers annually. The new terminal is equipped with modern facilities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges.
Hurghada International Airport is now one of the busiest airports in Egypt, serving as a gateway to the Red Sea coast and popular tourist destinations such as Sharm El Sheikh and Luxor. It is also a hub for several airlines, including EgyptAir, Air Cairo, and FlyEgypt. The airport has won several awards for its services, including the Best African Airport Award in 2019.
Other Airports in Red Sea Governorate, Egypt
- Berenice International Airport / Ras Banas Air Base
- Hurghada International Airport
- Marsa Alam International Airport