Ibadan Airport is a domestic airport located in the city of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. It serves as a gateway to the city and its surrounding areas, providing convenient air transportation for both passengers and cargo.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Ibadan Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Ibadan Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Ibadan Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Ibadan Airport
- Other Airports in Oyo, Nigeria
How to Get to Ibadan Airport
Ibadan Airport is located in Alakia, about 25 kilometers from the city center. The easiest way to get there is by taxi or private car. Taxis can be hailed from anywhere in the city and will take you directly to the airport. Private cars can also be rented from various car rental companies in Ibadan.
If you prefer public transportation, there are also buses and minibusses that run from the city center to the airport. These can be found at various bus stops throughout the city. However, be aware that public transportation can be crowded and may not always run on time.
Another option is to use a ride-hailing service such as Uber or Bolt. These services are widely available in Ibadan and can be used to get to the airport quickly and conveniently. Just make sure to book your ride in advance to avoid any last-minute delays.
Overall, getting to Ibadan Airport is relatively easy and straightforward. Whether you choose to take a taxi, rent a car, use public transportation, or book a ride-hailing service, you should be able to reach the airport with minimal hassle.
Ibadan Airport, also known as Ibadan Domestic Airport, is located in the city of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. The airport serves as a gateway to the city and its surrounding areas. If you are planning to travel to or from Ibadan Airport, there are several transportation options available to you.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. You can either hire a taxi from the airport or pre-book one in advance. The fare depends on the distance and the time of day.
2. Car Rental: Car rental services are available at the airport, and you can choose from a range of vehicles to suit your needs. You will need to provide a valid driver’s license and a credit card to rent a car.
3. Public Transport: Public transport options such as buses and minibusses are available at the airport. These are a cheaper option but may not be as convenient as taxis or car rentals.
4. Airport Shuttle: Some hotels and guesthouses offer airport shuttle services to their guests. You can check with your accommodation provider to see if they offer this service.
5. Private Transfer: Private transfer services are available at the airport, and you can pre-book these in advance. These services are more expensive than taxis but offer a more comfortable and convenient way to travel.
In conclusion, there are several transportation options available at Ibadan Airport, and you can choose the one that best suits your needs and budget. Whether you prefer a taxi, car rental, public transport, airport shuttle, or private transfer, you can be sure to find a reliable and convenient way to get to your destination.
1. Oyo Car Park – Located on the East side of Ibadan Airport, the Oyo Car Park offers convenient and affordable parking for visitors to the airport. With a wide range of car sizes accepted, travelers can be sure to find a spot for their vehicle.
2. Airport Car Park – Found on the West side of the airport, the Airport Car Park provides a secure, monitored parking service for visitors to the airport. With 24-hour surveillance, travelers can rest assured their vehicles are safe during their trip.
3. Park and Ride – Located on the North side of the airport, the Park and Ride provides travelers with an affordable, convenient parking option. This service offers travelers the ability to leave their vehicle and take a shuttle to the airport.
4. Long Term Car Park – Found on the South side of the airport, the Long Term Car Park is the ideal choice for travelers needing secure parking for an extended period of time. With 24-hour surveillance and flexible payment options, visitors can be sure their vehicles are safe while they’re away.
Car Rental at Ibadan Airport
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Sixt Rent A Car
Ibadan Airport is a domestic airport located in the city of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is the main terminal and is used by several airlines operating within Nigeria. The international terminal, on the other hand, is not currently in use due to the limited number of international flights that operate from the airport.
The domestic terminal at Ibadan Airport is a modern facility that offers a range of services to passengers. The terminal has a spacious waiting area, several check-in counters, and a baggage handling system. There are also several shops and restaurants within the terminal, providing passengers with a range of options for food and drinks. The terminal is also equipped with modern security systems to ensure the safety of passengers and their belongings.
The international terminal at Ibadan Airport is currently not in use, but it is a modern facility that is equipped to handle international flights. The terminal has several check-in counters, immigration and customs facilities, and a baggage handling system. There are also several duty-free shops and restaurants within the terminal, providing passengers with a range of options for food and drinks. The terminal is also equipped with modern security systems to ensure the safety of passengers and their belongings. Overall, Ibadan Airport’s terminals are modern and well-equipped facilities that provide a range of services to passengers.
- Air Peace
- Arik Air
- Azman Air
- Dana Air
- Max Air
- Overland Airways
Ibadan Airport is a domestic airport located in the city of Ibadan, Nigeria. The airport is managed by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and serves as a hub for local airlines. The airport has a strict security protocol in place to ensure the safety of passengers, staff, and aircraft.
The security protocol at Ibadan Airport includes a thorough screening process for all passengers and their luggage. Passengers are required to pass through metal detectors, and their luggage is scanned using X-ray machines. Any prohibited items found during the screening process are confiscated, and the passenger may be subject to further questioning.
In addition to the screening process, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who patrol the premises to ensure that there are no security breaches. The airport also has a CCTV system in place that monitors all areas of the airport, including the runway, terminal building, and parking lot.
Overall, the security protocol at Ibadan Airport is designed to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all those who use its facilities.
Ibadan Airport is a major airport in Nigeria that serves the city of Ibadan and its surrounding areas. The airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free experience. These services include baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and airport shuttle services.
Baggage handling is an essential service that ensures that passengers’ luggage is handled with care and delivered to the right destination. The airport has a team of trained baggage handlers who are responsible for loading and unloading luggage from the aircraft. Passengers can also request for assistance with their luggage from the airport staff.
Wheelchair assistance is available for passengers who require mobility assistance. The airport has a fleet of wheelchairs that are available on request. Passengers can request for wheelchair assistance when booking their flight or at the airport. The airport staff will assist passengers with their luggage and escort them to their gate.
Airport shuttle services are available for passengers who require transportation to and from the airport. The airport has a fleet of shuttle buses that provide transportation to and from the airport. Passengers can book airport shuttle services when booking their flight or at the airport. The airport staff will assist passengers with their luggage and escort them to the shuttle bus.
In conclusion, Ibadan Airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free experience. These services include baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and airport shuttle services. Passengers can request for assistance when booking their flight or at the airport. The airport staff is trained to provide excellent customer service and ensure that passengers have a pleasant experience at the airport.
Shops and Restaurants
Ibadan Airport, also known as Ibadan Domestic Airport, is a small airport located in the city of Ibadan, Nigeria. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of shops and restaurants for passengers to enjoy before their flight.
Here are some of the shops and restaurants available at Ibadan Airport:
1. Airport Pharmacy: This pharmacy offers a range of over-the-counter medications, as well as prescription drugs. It is located in the departure lounge.
2. Airport Gift Shop: This shop offers a variety of souvenirs, including t-shirts, keychains, and local handicrafts. It is located in the departure lounge.
3. Airport Lounge: This lounge offers comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and refreshments for passengers waiting for their flight. It is located in the departure lounge.
4. Airport Restaurant: This restaurant offers a range of local and international cuisine, including Nigerian dishes such as jollof rice and suya. It is located in the departure lounge.
5. Airport Bar: This bar offers a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as snacks. It is located in the departure lounge.
Overall, Ibadan Airport offers a small but adequate selection of shops and restaurants for passengers to enjoy before their flight. Whether you need to pick up some medication, buy a souvenir, or grab a bite to eat, you can find what you need at Ibadan Airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
1. Catholic Chaplaincy: Located in the international wing of Ibadan Airport, the Catholic Chaplaincy offers a place of prayer and worship for Catholics. The chaplaincy is staffed by a Catholic priest or deacon and provides a variety of services, including spiritual guidance and counseling.
2. Anglican Chaplaincy: Located in the domestic wing of Ibadan Airport, the Anglican Chaplaincy is a place of prayer and worship for Anglicans. The chaplaincy is staffed by an Anglican priest and provides a variety of services, including spiritual guidance and counseling.
3. Muslim Prayer Room: Located in the domestic wing of Ibadan Airport, the Muslim Prayer Room offers a place of prayer and worship for Muslims. The prayer room is equipped with prayer mats, a minbar (pulpit), and a qibla (direction of prayer).
4. Buddhist Meditation Room: Located in the international wing of Ibadan Airport, the Buddhist Meditation Room offers a place of prayer and meditation for Buddhists. The room is equipped with meditation cushions and prayer beads.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Ibadan Airport offers WiFi and workspace facilities to its passengers. The airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers, enabling them to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely while waiting for their flights. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, ensuring that passengers can browse the internet, check their emails, or stream videos without any interruptions.
In addition to WiFi, Ibadan Airport also offers workspace facilities for passengers who need to work while waiting for their flights. The airport has a business center equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, providing a comfortable and quiet environment for passengers to work. The business center is also equipped with printers, scanners, and photocopiers, allowing passengers to print important documents or make copies of their work.
Overall, Ibadan Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to provide passengers with a comfortable and convenient travel experience. Whether you need to catch up on work or stay connected with your loved ones, the airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities have got you covered.
- The President’s Lounge: Located in the domestic terminal at the Ibadan Airport.
- The Royal Executive Lounge: Located in the international terminal at the Ibadan Airport.
- The Golden Lounge: Located in the domestic terminal at the Ibadan Airport.
- The Silver Lounge: Located in the international terminal at the Ibadan Airport.
Accomodation Options Nearby Ibadan Airport
I’m sorry, but there are no accommodation options at Ibadan Airport. The airport is primarily a domestic airport and does not have any hotels or lodges within its premises. However, there are several hotels and guesthouses located in close proximity to the airport that offer comfortable and affordable accommodation options for travelers. Some of the popular hotels near Ibadan Airport include the Premier Hotel, Carlton Gate Hotel, and Kakanfo Inn and Conference Centre. These hotels offer a range of amenities such as free Wi-Fi, airport shuttle services, and on-site restaurants. Additionally, there are also several budget-friendly guesthouses and lodges that offer basic accommodation options for travelers on a tight budget. Overall, while there may not be any accommodation options at Ibadan Airport itself, travelers can easily find comfortable and convenient places to stay nearby.
Ibadan Airport is located in the southwestern part of Nigeria and serves as a gateway to the city of Ibadan and its surrounding areas. There are several attractions near the airport that visitors can explore during their stay. Here are some of the top attractions:
1. University of Ibadan: This is the oldest university in Nigeria and is located just a few kilometers from the airport. Visitors can explore the beautiful campus and its historic buildings.
2. Agodi Gardens: This is a popular recreational park located in the heart of Ibadan. It features a botanical garden, a zoo, a swimming pool, and several other attractions.
3. Cocoa House: This is a historic building located in the city center of Ibadan. It was the first skyscraper in Nigeria and is now a popular tourist attraction.
4. Mapo Hall: This is another historic building located in the city center of Ibadan. It was built in 1929 and served as the headquarters of the colonial government in the region.
5. Bower’s Tower: This is a landmark tower located on the outskirts of Ibadan. It was built in memory of Captain Robert Lister Bower, a British colonial administrator.
6. IITA Forest Reserve: This is a nature reserve located just a few kilometers from the airport. It features a variety of flora and fauna and is a popular spot for birdwatching.
7. National Museum of Unity: This is a museum located in the city of Ibadan that showcases the history and culture of Nigeria. It features a collection of artifacts and exhibits from various parts of the country.
Overall, visitors to Ibadan Airport have plenty of attractions to explore in the surrounding area. From historic buildings to nature reserves, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
History of Ibadan Airport
Ibadan Airport, also known as Alakia Airport, is located in the city of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. The airport was established in 1948, during the colonial era, as a military airfield. It was later converted to a civilian airport in 1986, to cater to the growing demand for air travel in the region.
Over the years, Ibadan Airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 2008, the airport was upgraded to a Category 2 airport, which allowed it to handle larger aircraft and more passengers. The runway was also extended to 2,400 meters to accommodate bigger planes.
Today, Ibadan Airport serves as an important gateway to the city of Ibadan and the surrounding regions. It is operated by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and serves several domestic airlines, including Arik Air, Air Peace, and Dana Air. The airport also has a cargo terminal that handles the transportation of goods and products to and from the region. Despite its relatively small size, Ibadan Airport continues to play a vital role in the economic development of the region by facilitating trade and commerce.
Other Airports in Oyo, Nigeria