Ibiza Airport, also known as Aeropuerto de Ibiza in Spanish, is the main airport serving the Balearic island of Ibiza. Located just 7.5 km southwest of Ibiza Town, the airport is a popular gateway for tourists visiting the island’s famous beaches, nightlife, and cultural attractions.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Ibiza Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Ibiza Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Ibiza Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Ibiza Airport
- Other Airports in Baleares, Spain
How to Get to Ibiza Airport
Ibiza Airport is located approximately 7.5 kilometers southwest of Ibiza Town. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or car.
Taxis are readily available throughout the island and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The journey from Ibiza Town to the airport takes around 15 minutes and costs approximately 20-25 euros.
Buses also run regularly from Ibiza Town to the airport, with the journey taking around 20-25 minutes. The bus fare is around 4 euros per person.
If you prefer to drive, there are several car rental companies located at the airport. The journey from Ibiza Town to the airport takes around 15 minutes and there is ample parking available at the airport.
Overall, getting to Ibiza Airport is relatively easy and there are several options available to suit your needs and budget.
Ibiza Airport, also known as Ibiza International Airport, is the main airport serving the Balearic island of Ibiza. It is located approximately 7.5 km southwest of Ibiza Town and offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and offer a convenient and reliable way to get to your destination. The journey to Ibiza Town takes around 15 minutes and costs approximately €20-€25.
2. Bus: The Ibiza Airport bus service connects the airport to various destinations on the island, including Ibiza Town, San Antonio, and Santa Eulalia. The bus stop is located outside the terminal building, and tickets can be purchased from the driver or at the ticket office inside the terminal.
3. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at Ibiza Airport, including Avis, Europcar, and Hertz. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the island at your own pace.
4. Private transfer: Private transfer companies offer a comfortable and hassle-free way to get to your destination. You can book a private transfer in advance, and a driver will meet you at the airport and take you directly to your hotel.
5. Shuttle service: Shuttle services are a cost-effective way to get to your destination. They operate on a shared basis, so you may have to wait for other passengers to arrive before departing.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Ibiza Airport offers a range of convenient and reliable options to get you to your destination.
Ibiza Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking options and their locations:
1. P1 General Parking: This is the main car park located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for short-term parking and offers both covered and uncovered parking spaces.
2. P2 Long Stay Parking: This car park is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for long-term parking. It offers both covered and uncovered parking spaces.
3. P3 Express Parking: This car park is located closest to the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a short period of time. It offers covered parking spaces only.
4. P4 VIP Parking: This car park is located closest to the terminal building and is reserved for VIP customers. It offers covered parking spaces only.
5. P5 Low-Cost Parking: This car park is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who are looking for a budget-friendly parking option. It offers uncovered parking spaces only.
All car parks at Ibiza Airport are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer secure parking facilities with CCTV surveillance. Travelers can choose the car park that best suits their needs and budget.
Car Rental at Ibiza Airport
- Avis – Ibiza Airport
- Hertz – Ibiza Airport
- Europcar – Ibiza Airport
- Sixt – Ibiza Airport
- Enterprise – Ibiza Airport
- InterRent – Ibiza Airport
- OK Rent a Car – Ibiza Airport
- Goldcar – Ibiza Airport
- Centauro – Ibiza Airport
- Drivalia – Ibiza Airport
Ibiza Airport, also known as Ibiza International Airport, is the main airport serving the Balearic island of Ibiza. The airport has one terminal building, which is divided into two levels. The ground floor is dedicated to arrivals, while the upper floor is for departures.
The terminal building at Ibiza Airport is modern and well-equipped, with a range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience. Passengers can find a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as duty-free stores and souvenir shops. There are also ATMs, currency exchange offices, and a post office.
The airport terminal at Ibiza Airport is designed to handle a large volume of passengers, with a capacity of up to 8 million passengers per year. The airport is served by a number of airlines, including major carriers such as Ryanair, easyJet, and British Airways, as well as several regional and low-cost airlines. Overall, Ibiza Airport is a modern and efficient airport that provides a convenient gateway to one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe.
1. Aer Lingus
2. Air Europa
3. Air Nostrum
5. Austrian Airlines
6. British Airways
7. Brussels Airlines
17. Norwegian Air Shuttle
21. Swiss International Air Lines
22. Thomas Cook Airlines
23. TUI Airways
24. Vueling Airlines
25. Wizz Air.
Ibiza Airport is one of the busiest airports in Spain, serving millions of passengers every year. As a result, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
The security measures at Ibiza Airport include the use of advanced technology such as X-ray machines, metal detectors, and body scanners. All passengers are required to pass through these machines before boarding their flights. In addition, all carry-on luggage is thoroughly screened to ensure that no prohibited items are being brought on board.
Passengers are also required to present valid identification documents such as passports or national identity cards before boarding their flights. This is to ensure that only authorized individuals are allowed to board the aircraft.
The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and ensuring that all security protocols are being followed. They are trained to identify suspicious behavior and respond quickly to any potential threats.
Overall, the security protocols at Ibiza Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport takes security very seriously and is committed to ensuring that all passengers can travel with peace of mind.
Ibiza Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. These services are designed to cater to the needs of travelers with disabilities, families with young children, and elderly passengers.
One of the most popular services offered at Ibiza Airport is the Meet and Assist service. This service provides passengers with a personal assistant who will guide them through the airport, assist with check-in, security, and immigration procedures, and help with baggage handling. This service is particularly useful for passengers with mobility issues or those who are traveling with young children.
For passengers with disabilities, Ibiza Airport offers a range of facilities and services to ensure their comfort and safety. These include wheelchair assistance, accessible toilets, and designated parking spaces. The airport also has a team of trained staff who are available to provide assistance and support to passengers with disabilities.
In addition to these services, Ibiza Airport also offers a range of amenities to make the travel experience more enjoyable. These include a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as free Wi-Fi throughout the airport. Overall, Ibiza Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide passengers with a comfortable and stress-free travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Ibiza Airport, also known as Ibiza International Airport, is a popular airport located on the Spanish island of Ibiza. The airport is known for its wide range of shops and restaurants, making it a great place to spend some time before or after your flight. Here are some of the top shops and restaurants you can find at Ibiza Airport:
1. Duty-Free: This shop offers a wide range of tax-free products, including perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol, and tobacco.
2. Fashion & Accessories: This shop offers a variety of fashion and accessory items, including sunglasses, watches, and jewelry.
3. Souvenirs & Gifts: This shop offers a range of souvenirs and gifts, including local crafts, postcards, and Ibiza-themed merchandise.
4. News & Books: This shop offers a range of newspapers, magazines, and books, as well as snacks and drinks.
5. Technology & Gadgets: This shop offers a range of electronic gadgets, including headphones, chargers, and cameras.
1. Burger King: This fast-food chain offers a range of burgers, fries, and drinks.
2. Starbucks: This coffee chain offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
3. Caffè di Fiore: This café offers a range of sandwiches, salads, and pastries, as well as coffee and tea.
4. La Pausa: This restaurant offers a range of Mediterranean dishes, including seafood, pasta, and salads.
5. Can Martina: This restaurant offers a range of traditional Spanish dishes, including paella, tapas, and grilled meats.
Overall, Ibiza Airport offers a great selection of shops and restaurants, making it a convenient and enjoyable place to spend some time before or after your flight.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Ibiza Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to pray or meditate before their flight. These areas are located in the following places:
1. Chapel: The airport chapel is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for all passengers regardless of their religion.
2. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim prayer room is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for all Muslim passengers.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: The multi-faith prayer room is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for passengers of all religions.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are equipped with prayer mats, copies of religious texts, and other necessary facilities. Passengers are welcome to use these areas for prayer, meditation, or quiet reflection before their flight.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Ibiza Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, and other online activities.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workspaces equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets. These workspaces are located in the departure lounge and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Business Lounge: The airport also has a business lounge, which is available to passengers who have purchased a premium ticket or have access through a loyalty program. The lounge offers a quiet and comfortable space to work, with complimentary WiFi, refreshments, and newspapers.
Meeting Rooms: For those who need to hold a meeting or conduct business while at the airport, there are several meeting rooms available for hire. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 20 people.
Overall, Ibiza Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to work, study, or hold a meeting, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and connected.
The Ibiza Airport offers its passengers a variety of lounges where they can relax and enjoy their time before or after their flights.
- VIP Lounge – Located in the main terminal building, the VIP Lounge offers passengers a comfortable environment with complimentary drinks, snacks, newspapers, and magazines.
- Executive Lounge – Located in the South Terminal, the Executive Lounge offers passengers a private lounge with complimentary drinks and snacks, as well as access to phone and internet.
- The Commodore Club – Located in the North Terminal, The Commodore Club provides passengers with a luxurious lounge with complimentary drinks, snacks, and newspapers.
- Salon VIP – Located in the South Terminal, Salon VIP is a private and exclusive lounge with complimentary drinks, snacks, and newspapers.
Accomodation Options Nearby Ibiza Airport
1. Budget Hotels: For the budget-conscious traveler, there are several affordable hotels and guesthouses located near Ibiza Airport. These accommodations offer basic amenities and comfortable rooms at wallet-friendly prices. Some popular options include Hotel Xereca, Hostal Sant Jordi, and White Apartments – Playa d’en Bossa.
2. Airport Hotels: If you are looking for convenience and proximity to the airport, there are also some excellent hotel options within a short distance. These hotels provide easy access to the airport terminals and allow you to reach your flight quickly. Examples of these hotels are Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza, Hotel Ebano Select Apartments & Spa, and Hotel Playasol Lei Ibiza.
3. Resorts and Spas: Those seeking a more luxurious experience can indulge in the wide range of resorts and spas available in Ibiza. These establishments offer exclusive amenities like private beaches, pools, top-class restaurants, and wellness centers. Some recommended choices include Aguas de Ibiza Grand Luxe Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, and Nobu Hotel Ibiza Bay.
4. Boutique Hotels: For a unique and personalized stay, boutique hotels in Ibiza offer charm and character combined with exceptional service. These establishments usually have a limited number of rooms, exquisitely designed with attention to detail. Some popular boutique hotels in the area include Casa Maca, El Hotel Pacha, and Destino Pacha Ibiza Resort.
5. Villas and Vacation Rentals: If you prefer more privacy and independence during your stay, Ibiza also boasts an extensive selection of villas and vacation rentals. These can range from cozy apartments to luxurious villas with private pools and stunning views. Websites like Airbnb and HomeAway provide an excellent platform to find the perfect accommodation based on your preferences.
No matter your budget or preferences, Ibiza Airport offers a plethora of accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs. Whether you prefer a wallet-friendly hotel, a lavish resort, or a unique boutique experience, Ibiza has it all. Start planning your unforgettable stay on this beautiful island today!
1. Ibiza Old Town (Eivissa): Located just 8 km away from the airport, the UNESCO-listed Ibiza Old Town is a must-visit attraction. It offers an enchanting blend of historical sites, charming cobblestone streets, vibrant culture, and picturesque views of the Mediterranean.
2. Playa d’en Bossa: Situated merely 3 km south of the airport, Playa d’en Bossa is famed for its pristine sandy beach and vibrant party scene. Visitors can enjoy sunbathing, water sports, beachside lounges, and world-renowned nightclubs like Ushuaïa and Hï Ibiza.
3. Ses Salines Natural Park: Located approximately 5 km southeast of the airport, this protected nature reserve offers breathtaking sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters, and diverse ecosystems. Visitors can indulge in swimming, snorkeling, birdwatching, and explore the iconic salt flats.
4. Santa Eulalia del Río: Just 19 km northeast of the airport, Santa Eulalia is the island’s cultural and gastronomic hub. With its charming marina, picturesque promenade, bustling market, and diverse dining options, it offers a delightful escape from the bustling tourist hotspots.
5. Las Dalias Hippy Market: Situated around 22 km to the northeast, this iconic market is a paradise for shopaholics and culture enthusiasts. It showcases an eclectic array of handmade crafts, clothing, jewelry, and organic products, all while featuring live music and an enchanting hippy vibe.
6. San Antonio: Located about 20 km west from the airport, San Antonio is renowned for its stunning sunset views, lively nightlife, and vibrant atmosphere. Visitors can explore the famous Sunset Strip, enjoy beachside cocktails, or party at iconic clubs like Café Mambo and Eden Ibiza.
7. Cala Bassa Beach: Just 25 km west of the airport, Cala Bassa is an idyllic beach renowned for its golden sand, crystalline waters, and scenic surroundings. It offers a variety of water sports, beachside restaurants, and a family-friendly atmosphere.
8. Hippy Market Punta Arabí: Situated approximately 25 km northeast of the airport, this lively market is the largest hippy market on the island. It offers a diverse range of traditional crafts, artisan goods, live music, and scrumptious food, immersing visitors in a true Bohemian experience.
9. Portinatx: Located 32 km to the north of the airport, Portinatx offers a tranquil escape from the more crowded areas of Ibiza. This picturesque resort town boasts beautiful beaches, hiking trails, and stunning viewpoints, making it ideal for relaxation and outdoor exploration.
10. Cala d’Hort and Es Vedrà: Found 26 km southwest of the airport, Cala d’Hort boasts a stunning sandy bay with turquoise waters, facing the mystical island of Es Vedrà. This dramatic rocky island, believed to have magnetic powers and mythological tales, offers breathtaking panoramic views and creates an ideal spot for nature enthusiasts and sunset admirers.
History of Ibiza Airport
Ibiza Airport, also known as Aeropuerto de Ibiza in Spanish, is located on the Spanish island of Ibiza in the Mediterranean Sea. The airport was first opened in 1958 and has since undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of tourists visiting the island.
In the early years, the airport was primarily used for military purposes and only a few commercial flights operated from the airport. However, with the rise of tourism in the 1960s, the airport began to see an increase in passenger traffic. In 1972, a new terminal building was constructed to handle the growing number of passengers.
In recent years, Ibiza Airport has become one of the busiest airports in Spain, with over 8 million passengers passing through its gates in 2019. The airport has also undergone several upgrades to improve its facilities and services, including the addition of new shops, restaurants, and lounges.
Despite its popularity, Ibiza Airport has faced some challenges, including noise complaints from nearby residents and concerns about the impact of tourism on the island’s environment. However, the airport continues to play a vital role in the island’s economy and remains an important gateway for visitors to Ibiza.
Other Airports in Baleares, Spain