The Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport is a small regional airport located on the archipelago of the same name in Quebec, Canada. It serves as the main gateway for visitors to the islands and provides connections to other destinations in Quebec and beyond.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport is located on the island of Cap-aux-Meules in Quebec, Canada. To get to the airport, you can take a flight from Montreal, Quebec City, or Gaspé. There are several airlines that operate flights to Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport, including Air Canada, Pascan Aviation, and PAL Airlines.
If you are driving to the airport, you can take the Quebec Route 199 to the island of Cap-aux-Meules. Once you reach the island, follow the signs to the airport. There is ample parking available at the airport.
If you prefer public transportation, there are several bus companies that operate services to the airport. The Société de transport de la Gaspésie and Autobus Les Sillons both offer bus services to Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport.
Overall, getting to Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport is relatively easy, whether you are driving, taking public transportation, or flying. With several airlines and bus companies operating services to the airport, you can easily reach this beautiful island destination.
Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport, also known as Îles-de-la-Madeleine Airport, is a small airport located on the Magdalen Islands in Quebec, Canada. While the airport is small, there are still several transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport.
1. Car Rentals: Several car rental companies have offices located at the airport, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. Renting a car is a convenient option for travelers who want to explore the island at their own pace.
2. Taxis: Taxis are available at the airport and can take passengers to their destination on the island. It is recommended to book a taxi in advance, especially during peak travel times.
3. Shuttle Services: Several shuttle services operate on the island and provide transportation to and from the airport. These services are often more affordable than taxis and can be booked in advance.
4. Public Transportation: The Société de Transport des Îles operates a bus service on the island, which includes a stop at the airport. This is a budget-friendly option for travelers who don’t mind a longer journey.
5. Bike Rentals: For travelers who want to explore the island on two wheels, bike rentals are available at the airport. This is a great option for those who want to take in the scenic views of the island at a leisurely pace.
Overall, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport. Whether you prefer to rent a car, take a taxi, or explore the island on a bike, there is an option that will suit your needs and budget.
Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport offers two car parking options for travelers:
1. Short-term parking: Located directly in front of the terminal building, this parking lot is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The first 30 minutes are free, and the hourly rate is reasonable.
2. Long-term parking: Located a short distance from the terminal building, this parking lot is perfect for travelers who need to park for several days or more. The daily rate is affordable, and there are plenty of spaces available.
Both parking lots are well-maintained and secure, with 24-hour surveillance and lighting. Payment can be made at the automated pay stations located in each lot, or at the airport’s information desk. Travelers are advised to arrive early to ensure they have enough time to park and make their flight.
Car Rental at Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Rent-A-Car
- Budget Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
The Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport is a small regional airport located on the Magdalen Islands in Quebec, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and well-equipped, with all the necessary facilities to ensure a comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers.
The terminal building at Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport is designed to handle up to 150 passengers at a time. It has a spacious waiting area with comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and charging stations for electronic devices. There is also a small café that serves snacks and beverages for passengers who need a quick bite before their flight.
The airport terminal also has a baggage claim area, a check-in counter, and a security checkpoint. The airport staff is friendly and helpful, and they are always available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. Overall, the Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport terminal is a well-designed and efficient facility that provides a pleasant travel experience for passengers visiting the Magdalen Islands.
- Air Canada: Offers direct flights between Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport and Montreal.
- Air Transat: Offers direct flights between Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport and Toronto.
- WestJet: Offers direct flights between Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport and Halifax.
- Pascan Aviation: Offers direct flights between Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport and Quebec City.
- Porter Airlines: Offers direct flights between Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport and Ottawa.
Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport is a small regional airport located in Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the key security measures in place at Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport is the use of X-ray machines to scan all carry-on luggage. This helps to identify any prohibited items that may be hidden inside bags, such as weapons or explosives. In addition, passengers are required to remove their shoes and any metal objects before passing through the metal detector.
Another important security protocol at Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport is the use of security personnel to monitor the airport and its surroundings. These personnel are trained to identify suspicious behavior and respond quickly to any potential threats. They also work closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure a coordinated response in the event of an emergency.
Overall, the security protocols in place at Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for passengers and staff. While they may add some inconvenience to the travel experience, they are a necessary measure to ensure the safety of all those who use the airport.
Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have.
Passengers with reduced mobility can request assistance at the airport, including wheelchair service and help with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft. The airport also provides a dedicated parking area for passengers with disabilities, located close to the terminal building.
For families traveling with young children, the airport offers a children’s play area and baby changing facilities. Passengers can also take advantage of the airport’s free Wi-Fi and charging stations to stay connected and charged up while waiting for their flight.
In addition, the airport has a range of shops and restaurants where passengers can relax and grab a bite to eat before their flight. The airport’s duty-free store offers a variety of tax-free products, including local souvenirs, perfumes, and spirits. Overall, Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport’s traveler’s assistance services aim to make the travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Café de l’Aéroport: A cozy café offering a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as light snacks.
2. La Boutique de l’Aéroport: A souvenir shop featuring a selection of locally made crafts and products.
3. La Boulangerie de l’Aéroport: A bakery offering freshly baked breads, pastries, and other treats.
4. La Brasserie de l’Aéroport: A restaurant serving up classic French-Canadian dishes, as well as a selection of local beers and wines.
5. La Librairie de l’Aéroport: A book store offering a selection of books, magazines, and newspapers.
6. La Boutique de Voyage: A travel store offering a variety of travel accessories, such as luggage, maps, and travel guides.
7. La Boutique de Cadeaux: A gift shop offering a selection of unique gifts and souvenirs.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport, also known as Îles-de-la-Madeleine Airport, is a small airport located in the Magdalen Islands in Quebec, Canada. The airport has a few prayer rooms and worship areas available for passengers and visitors to use.
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the airport terminal, the Multi-Faith Prayer Room is open to people of all faiths. The room is equipped with prayer mats, chairs, and a small altar. It is a quiet and peaceful space for meditation, prayer, and reflection.
2. Catholic Chapel – The Catholic Chapel is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the baggage claim area. The chapel is open to all visitors and offers a quiet space for prayer and reflection. It is decorated with religious icons and has a small altar.
3. Protestant Chapel – The Protestant Chapel is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the baggage claim area. The chapel is open to all visitors and offers a quiet space for prayer and reflection. It is decorated with religious icons and has a small altar.
4. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the Multi-Faith Prayer Room. The room is equipped with prayer mats and is a quiet and peaceful space for prayer and reflection.
Overall, Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport offers a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas for visitors of different faiths. These spaces provide a peaceful and quiet environment for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport offers free WiFi access to all passengers and visitors. The airport’s WiFi network is fast and reliable, allowing you to stay connected with your loved ones or work remotely while waiting for your flight.
In addition to WiFi, the airport also provides a comfortable and spacious workspace area for travelers who need to work or study. The workspace area is equipped with tables, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy for you to set up your laptop and get some work done.
Whether you’re a business traveler or a student, the airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to meet your needs and ensure that you have a productive and enjoyable stay at Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport.
- Le Salon YUL Prestige Montreal-Trudeau Airport: Located in Montreal-Trudeau Airport, Canada
- Le Salon YUL Prestige Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport: Located in Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport, Canada
- Aéroport de l’Île-aux-Grues Airport Lounge: Located in l’Île-aux-Grues Airport, Canada
- Le Salon YUL Prestige St-Simon-de-Rimouski Airport: Located in St-Simon-de-Rimouski Airport, Canada
Accomodation Options Nearby Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
1. Auberge de la Pointe-aux-Loups: Located just a few minutes away from the Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms and suites, as well as an on-site restaurant.
2. Gîte de la Pointe-aux-Loups: This cozy bed and breakfast is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of rooms and suites.
3. Motel des Îles: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, this motel offers comfortable rooms and suites, as well as an on-site restaurant.
4. Auberge du Vieux-Port: This hotel is located in the heart of the Old Port of Iles-de-la-Madeleine and offers comfortable rooms and suites, as well as an on-site restaurant.
5. Gîte du Vieux-Port: This cozy bed and breakfast is located in the heart of the Old Port of Iles-de-la-Madeleine and offers a variety of rooms and suites.
1. Sandy beaches: The Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport is located near several sandy beaches that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing. Some of the popular beaches include La Dune du Sud, Plage de la Grande Échouerie, and Plage de la Martinique.
2. Lighthouses: The islands are home to several historic lighthouses that offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape. Some of the popular lighthouses include the Pointe-à-la-Renommée Lighthouse, the Cap-des-Rosiers Lighthouse, and the Île Verte Lighthouse.
3. Museums: The islands are rich in history and culture, and there are several museums that showcase the region’s heritage. Some of the popular museums include the Musée de la Mer, the Musée de la Poterie, and the Musée de la Vieille École.
4. Wildlife reserves: The islands are home to several wildlife reserves that offer opportunities for hiking, birdwatching, and wildlife viewing. Some of the popular reserves include the Parc de Gros-Cap, the Réserve écologique de la Pointe-de-l’Est, and the Réserve nationale de faune du Cap Tourmente.
5. Local cuisine: The islands are known for their delicious seafood and local cuisine. Visitors can sample fresh lobster, crab, and other seafood dishes at local restaurants and cafes. Some of the popular restaurants include La Table des Roy, Le Café de la Grave, and Le Vent du Large.
6. Outdoor activities: The islands offer a range of outdoor activities, including kayaking, cycling, and fishing. Visitors can rent equipment or join guided tours to explore the islands’ natural beauty. Some of the popular outdoor activity providers include Kayak Aventure, Les Excursions de l’Île, and Les Pêcheries Marinard.
History of Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport is a small airport located on the Magdalen Islands in Quebec, Canada. The airport was first established in 1941 as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was used for civilian purposes and was officially opened to the public in 1955.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and upgrades to improve its facilities and services. In 1999, a new terminal building was constructed to replace the old one, which had become outdated and inadequate. The new terminal features modern amenities, including a restaurant, gift shop, and conference room.
Today, Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the Magdalen Islands, connecting the islands to the mainland and other destinations in Quebec. The airport is served by several airlines, including Air Canada and Pascan Aviation, and offers regular flights to Montreal, Quebec City, and other cities in the region. Despite its small size, Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport plays a vital role in the economic and social development of the Magdalen Islands, providing essential air transportation services to residents and visitors alike.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport