Inukjuak Airport is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. It serves the Inuit community of Inukjuak and provides essential transportation services for residents and visitors.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Inukjuak Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Inukjuak Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Inukjuak Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Inukjuak Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Inukjuak Airport
Inukjuak Airport is located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. The airport is accessible by air and water transportation. The easiest way to get to Inukjuak Airport is by taking a flight from Montreal or Kuujjuaq. Air Inuit and Canadian North are the two airlines that operate flights to Inukjuak Airport. The flight duration from Montreal to Inukjuak is approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, while the flight duration from Kuujjuaq to Inukjuak is approximately 30 minutes.
If you prefer to travel by water, you can take a boat from Kuujjuaq to Inukjuak. The boat ride takes approximately 12 hours and is only available during the summer months. Once you arrive at Inukjuak Airport, you can take a taxi or rent a car to get to your final destination.
It is important to note that Inukjuak Airport is a small airport with limited facilities. There is no restaurant or café at the airport, so it is recommended to bring your own food and drinks. Additionally, there is no public transportation available in Inukjuak, so it is advisable to arrange for transportation in advance.
Inukjuak Airport is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can be hailed outside the terminal building. They are a convenient option for travelers who want to get to their destination quickly and comfortably. However, they can be expensive, especially for longer distances.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies operate at Inukjuak Airport, including Avis and Budget. Renting a car is a good option for travelers who want to explore the area on their own schedule. However, it can be expensive, and travelers should be aware of the road conditions in the area.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle services to and from the airport. This is a convenient option for travelers who have booked accommodation in advance. However, it may not be available for all destinations.
4. Public transportation: There is no public transportation available at Inukjuak Airport. However, travelers can take a taxi or shuttle to the nearest bus or train station.
5. Walking or biking: Inukjuak Airport is located in a remote area, and walking or biking is not a practical option for most travelers.
In conclusion, travelers to Inukjuak Airport have several transportation options available, including taxis, car rentals, shuttle services, and public transportation. It is important to consider the cost, convenience, and safety of each option before making a decision.
Inukjuak Airport Car Parking offers convenient and secure parking options for travelers flying into Inukjuak, Quebec. Located on the East side of the airport, the parking lot is divided into short-term and long-term lots, allowing for easy access to the airport. The short-term lot offers ample space to park and is located just a few hundred feet from the airport entrance. The long-term lot provides a more economical choice and is located further away from the airport. Both lots are fully secured and monitored 24/7 by airport staff and security personnel. For added convenience, both lots include a shuttle service to and from the airport. Inukjuak Airport Car Parking is the ideal choice for travelers seeking convenience and security when flying in and out of Inukjuak.
Car Rental at Inukjuak Airport
Inukjuak Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is a simple, yet functional building that provides all the necessary amenities for travelers.
The terminal building at Inukjuak Airport is equipped with a waiting area, check-in counters, and a baggage claim area. The waiting area is comfortable and spacious, with plenty of seating available for passengers. The check-in counters are staffed by friendly and helpful personnel who are always ready to assist travelers with their needs.
The baggage claim area at Inukjuak Airport is located near the entrance of the terminal building, making it easy for passengers to collect their luggage. The airport also has a small café where travelers can grab a quick bite or a cup of coffee before their flight.
Overall, Inukjuak Airport’s terminal building is a well-maintained and efficient facility that provides a comfortable and hassle-free travel experience for passengers.
- Air Inuit: Daily flights to Montreal, Kuujjuaq, and Puvirnituq
- First Air: Daily flights to Montreal and Ottawa
- Air Creebec: Weekly flights to Montreal
- Air Greenland: Bi-weekly flights to Kangerlussuaq
Inukjuak Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavik region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport has strict security protocols in place to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their carry-on bags and checked luggage scanned for prohibited items. Any items that are deemed a security risk are confiscated and not allowed on the plane.
In addition to screening passengers and luggage, the airport also has security personnel on site to monitor the airport and respond to any potential threats. They are trained to identify suspicious behavior and take appropriate action to ensure the safety of everyone at the airport.
Overall, Inukjuak Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented measures to ensure that all passengers and staff are safe while at the airport. Travelers can feel confident that they are in good hands when flying in and out of Inukjuak Airport.
Inukjuak Airport, located in northern Quebec, Canada, offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport provides wheelchair accessibility and assistance for passengers with reduced mobility, as well as assistance for those with hearing or visual impairments. Additionally, the airport offers language assistance for non-English speaking passengers.
Passengers traveling with young children can take advantage of the airport’s family services, including a play area and changing facilities. The airport also provides assistance for passengers with pets, including designated areas for pet relief and guidance on pet travel regulations.
Inukjuak Airport’s customer service team is available to assist travelers with any questions or concerns they may have, including flight information, baggage handling, and transportation options. The airport also offers a range of amenities, including a café, gift shop, and free Wi-Fi, to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience. Overall, Inukjuak Airport’s traveler’s assistance services aim to provide a welcoming and accommodating environment for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Inukjuak Airport Restaurant: Located in the main terminal, the Inukjuak Airport Restaurant offers a variety of delicious meals, snacks, and drinks. From traditional Inuit dishes to more familiar fare, there is something for everyone.
2. The Inukjuak Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, the Inukjuak Airport Gift Shop offers a variety of souvenirs and gifts. From traditional Inuit crafts to more modern items, there is something for everyone.
3. The Inukjuak Airport Cafe: Located in the main terminal, the Inukjuak Airport Cafe offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, snacks, and light meals. From coffee and tea to sandwiches and pastries, there is something for everyone.
4. The Inukjuak Airport Duty Free Shop: Located in the main terminal, the Inukjuak Airport Duty Free Shop offers a variety of duty-free items. From alcohol and tobacco to cosmetics and electronics, there is something for everyone.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Inukjuak Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers to use during their stay.
The first prayer room is located on the third floor of the terminal building, near the check-in area. This room is open for people of all faiths and offers a quiet and private space for prayer.
The second prayer room is located in the main concourse of the terminal building. This room is open to both international and domestic travelers and offers comfortable seating, as well as a variety of religious literature.
The third prayer room is located in the main lounge area, near the baggage claim. This room is open to all passengers and provides a quiet and peaceful space for prayer and contemplation.
The fourth worship area is located in the international arrivals area of the terminal building. This area is open to all passengers and offers a variety of religious literature and media, as well as comfortable seating.
Inukjuak Airport is committed to providing travelers with a comfortable, respectful, and safe environment for prayer and worship. We hope that you enjoy your stay at our airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Inukjuak Airport, located in the northern region of Quebec, offers limited WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers. The airport provides free WiFi access to passengers, allowing them to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely while waiting for their flights. However, it is important to note that the WiFi signal may not be strong enough to support heavy internet usage.
As for workspace facilities, Inukjuak Airport does not have a designated area for business travelers to work. However, there are a few seating areas available where passengers can set up their laptops and work on their tasks. The airport also has a small cafe where travelers can grab a bite to eat and enjoy a cup of coffee while working.
Overall, while Inukjuak Airport may not offer extensive WiFi and workspace facilities, it does provide basic amenities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
- Aurora Lounge – Located in the main terminal of Inukjuak Airport
- Tundra Lounge – Located in the departure area of Inukjuak Airport
- Kivalliq Lounge – Located in the international terminal of Inukjuak Airport
Accomodation Options Nearby Inukjuak Airport
1. Inukjuak Hotel: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, Inukjuak Hotel offers comfortable rooms and a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi.
2. Inukjuak Inn: This inn is located in the heart of Inukjuak and offers a variety of room types, including single and double rooms.
3. Inukjuak Guest House: This guest house is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of room types, including single, double, and family rooms.
4. Inukjuak Bed & Breakfast: This bed and breakfast is located in the heart of Inukjuak and offers a variety of room types, including single, double, and family rooms.
5. Inukjuak Hostel: This hostel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of room types, including dormitory rooms and private rooms.
Inukjuak Airport is located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. The airport serves as a gateway to the Inuit community of Inukjuak and its surrounding areas. Here are some of the attractions near Inukjuak Airport:
1. Inukjuak Community: The Inukjuak community is a small Inuit village located near the airport. Visitors can explore the village and learn about the Inuit culture and way of life. The community is known for its traditional arts and crafts, such as carvings, sculptures, and prints.
2. Tasiujaq National Park: Tasiujaq National Park is located near Inukjuak Airport and is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts. The park offers hiking trails, camping sites, and wildlife viewing opportunities. Visitors can see polar bears, caribou, and arctic foxes in their natural habitat.
3. Hudson Bay: Hudson Bay is a large body of water located near Inukjuak Airport. Visitors can take a boat tour of the bay and see the stunning scenery and wildlife. The bay is home to beluga whales, seals, and walruses.
4. Inukjuak River: The Inukjuak River is a popular destination for fishing enthusiasts. The river is known for its abundant fish population, including arctic char, brook trout, and salmon. Visitors can also take a canoe trip down the river and enjoy the scenic views.
5. Pingualuit National Park: Pingualuit National Park is located near Inukjuak Airport and is home to a large meteorite crater. The park offers hiking trails, camping sites, and wildlife viewing opportunities. Visitors can see caribou, arctic foxes, and other wildlife in their natural habitat.
Overall, Inukjuak Airport is a great starting point for exploring the natural beauty and cultural heritage of the Inuit community and its surrounding areas.
History of Inukjuak Airport
Inukjuak Airport is a small airport located in the Inuit community of Inukjuak, Quebec, Canada. The airport was first established in the 1950s as a gravel runway for bush planes. In the 1970s, the runway was paved, and the airport was upgraded to accommodate larger aircraft.
Inukjuak Airport has played an important role in the development of the Inuit community. The airport has provided access to essential services, such as medical care and supplies, and has facilitated economic development by allowing for the transportation of goods and people. The airport has also been used for search and rescue operations and has been a vital link for emergency services.
Today, Inukjuak Airport continues to serve the community, with regular flights to and from Montreal and other northern communities. The airport is operated by the Kativik Regional Government and is an important hub for transportation in the region. Despite its small size, Inukjuak Airport has a rich history and has played a significant role in the development of the Inuit community.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport