John Glenn Columbus International Airport is a major airport located in Columbus, Ohio. It serves as a hub for several airlines, including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and Southwest Airlines, and offers non-stop flights to over 50 destinations across the United States and internationally.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to John Glenn Columbus International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at John Glenn Columbus International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby John Glenn Columbus International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of John Glenn Columbus International Airport
- Other Airports in Ohio, United States
How to Get to John Glenn Columbus International Airport
John Glenn Columbus International Airport is located approximately 6 miles east of downtown Columbus, Ohio. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking a taxi or rideshare service, or using public transportation.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from Interstate 270 and State Route 670. Follow the signs for the airport and take the appropriate exit. There are several parking options available at the airport, including short-term and long-term parking.
If you prefer to take a taxi or rideshare service, there are several companies that serve the airport, including Uber, Lyft, and Yellow Cab. Simply request a ride to the airport and the driver will drop you off at the appropriate terminal.
Finally, if you are using public transportation, the Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) offers several bus routes that serve the airport. The AirConnect bus provides direct service between the airport and downtown Columbus, while other routes connect the airport to other parts of the city. Check the COTA website for schedules and fares.
No matter how you choose to get to John Glenn Columbus International Airport, be sure to allow plenty of time to get there and check in for your flight.
John Glenn Columbus International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit the needs of travelers.
1. Rental Cars: Several car rental companies are located at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. Rental car counters are located on the ground level of the parking garage, just a short walk from baggage claim.
2. Taxis: Taxis are available 24/7 outside of baggage claim. The average fare to downtown Columbus is approximately $25-$30.
3. Ride-Sharing Services: Uber and Lyft are both available at the airport. Passengers can request a ride through their respective apps and meet their driver at the designated ride-share pickup area outside of baggage claim.
4. Hotel Shuttles: Many hotels in the Columbus area offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Passengers should check with their hotel to see if this service is available.
5. Public Transportation: The Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) offers bus service to and from the airport. The AirConnect bus runs every 30 minutes between the airport and downtown Columbus, with stops at several popular destinations along the way.
6. Limousine and Car Services: Several companies offer limousine and car services to and from the airport. Passengers can arrange for these services in advance or upon arrival at the airport.
Overall, John Glenn Columbus International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to ensure that travelers can easily and conveniently get to their destination.
John Glenn Columbus International Airport offers a variety of parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Garage Parking: The Garage Parking is located directly across from the terminal building. It is a covered parking option that provides easy access to the terminal. The rates for Garage Parking are $3 for the first hour, $6 for 2 hours, and $18 for a full day.
2. Surface Parking: The Surface Parking is located adjacent to the Garage Parking. It is an uncovered parking option that is ideal for travelers who are looking for a more affordable parking option. The rates for Surface Parking are $3 for the first hour, $6 for 2 hours, and $10 for a full day.
3. Economy Parking: The Economy Parking is located off-site, but it is still within close proximity to the terminal. A complimentary shuttle service is available to transport travelers to and from the terminal. The rates for Economy Parking are $2 for the first hour, $4 for 2 hours, and $7 for a full day.
4. Valet Parking: The Valet Parking is located at the terminal curbside. It is a convenient parking option for travelers who are in a hurry. The rates for Valet Parking are $10 for the first hour, $20 for 2 hours, and $30 for a full day.
Overall, John Glenn Columbus International Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you are looking for a covered parking option or an affordable parking option, there is something for everyone at this airport.
Car Rental at John Glenn Columbus International Airport
John Glenn Columbus International Airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and is divided into two concourses, A and B. Concourse A serves airlines such as American, Delta, and Southwest, while Concourse B serves airlines such as Frontier and Spirit. Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that serves low-cost carriers such as Allegiant and Sun Country.
Terminal 1 has a variety of amenities for travelers, including restaurants, shops, and lounges. There are also charging stations throughout the terminal for travelers to charge their electronic devices. The terminal also has free Wi-Fi for passengers to use while waiting for their flights. Additionally, there are several art installations throughout the terminal, including a large mural by local artist Aminah Robinson.
Terminal 2 is a more basic terminal, with fewer amenities than Terminal 1. However, there are still a few restaurants and shops for travelers to enjoy. The terminal also has free Wi-Fi for passengers. Overall, both terminals at John Glenn Columbus International Airport provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers.
1. American Airlines
2. Delta Air Lines
3. Southwest Airlines
4. United Airlines
5. Frontier Airlines
6. Spirit Airlines
7. Air Canada Rouge
8. Vacation Express
9. Allegiant Air
11. Ultimate Air Shuttle
12. NetJets Aviation
13. Executive Jet Management
14. Flight Options
16. Jet Linx Aviation
17. Wheels Up
18. XOJET Aviation
19. AirNet Express
John Glenn Columbus International Airport has implemented a number of security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These protocols are designed to prevent any potential threats from entering the airport and to quickly respond to any security incidents that may occur.
One of the key security measures at John Glenn Columbus International Airport is the use of advanced screening technology. This includes full-body scanners, which use millimeter-wave technology to detect any potential threats on passengers. In addition, the airport also uses X-ray machines to scan carry-on luggage and other items.
Another important security protocol at the airport is the use of trained security personnel. These individuals are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security incidents that may occur. They are also trained to identify potential threats and to take appropriate action to prevent them from entering the airport.
Finally, the airport also has a number of security policies in place to ensure that all passengers and staff are aware of the security protocols and are following them. This includes restrictions on the types of items that can be brought into the airport, as well as guidelines for behavior while inside the airport. By following these protocols, John Glenn Columbus International Airport is able to provide a safe and secure environment for all who pass through its doors.
John Glenn Columbus International Airport offers a variety of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Traveler’s Assistance program provides a team of trained volunteers who are available to assist passengers with a range of needs, including directions, wheelchair assistance, and language translation services.
The airport also offers a dedicated TSA PreCheck enrollment center, allowing passengers to enroll in the TSA PreCheck program and enjoy expedited security screening. Additionally, the airport provides a variety of parking options, including valet parking, covered parking, and economy parking, to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
For those with mobility challenges, the airport offers a range of accessibility services, including wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also provides a dedicated pet relief area for travelers with service animals.
Overall, John Glenn Columbus International Airport’s Traveler’s Assistance program is designed to provide a seamless and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers, regardless of their needs or circumstances. With a range of services and amenities available, travelers can rest assured that their journey will be comfortable and stress-free.
Shops and Restaurants
John Glenn Columbus International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable. Here are some of the options available:
– CNBC News Columbus: This newsstand offers a wide selection of magazines, newspapers, snacks, and travel essentials.
– InMotion Entertainment: This electronics store offers headphones, chargers, and other tech accessories.
– Ohio Market: This store features locally made products such as chocolates, snacks, and souvenirs.
– Sunglass Hut: This store offers a variety of sunglasses from popular brands.
– Bob Evans: This restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner options such as pancakes, burgers, and salads.
– Donatos Pizza: This pizza chain offers a variety of pizzas, salads, and subs.
– Eddie George’s Grille 27: This sports bar offers a variety of American cuisine and drinks.
– Starbucks: This coffee chain offers a variety of coffee, tea, and snacks.
In addition to these options, there are also several other restaurants and shops available throughout the airport. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a sit-down meal, John Glenn Columbus International Airport has something for everyone.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
John Glenn Columbus International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of these areas:
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal, near the food court, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. The chapel features a peaceful atmosphere with comfortable seating, religious literature, and a prayer rug.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal, near the Interfaith Chapel. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and a compass for prayer direction.
3. Meditation Room – The Meditation Room is located on the second floor of the terminal, near the B Concourse. The room is designed for quiet reflection and meditation, with comfortable seating and a calming atmosphere.
4. Catholic Mass – The airport offers a Catholic Mass every Sunday at 8:30 am in the Interfaith Chapel. The Mass is open to all passengers and airport employees.
Overall, John Glenn Columbus International Airport provides a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas to accommodate the diverse needs of its passengers. These spaces offer a peaceful and welcoming environment for travelers to practice their faith or find a moment of quiet reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
John Glenn Columbus International Airport offers free WiFi throughout the airport terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable internet connectivity.
In addition to WiFi, the airport also provides several workspace facilities for passengers who need to work or study while waiting for their flights. The airport has a business center located in the main terminal, which offers printing, faxing, and copying services. The business center also has several workstations with comfortable seating and ample desk space, making it an ideal place to work or study.
For passengers who prefer a quieter and more private workspace, the airport also has several lounges that offer comfortable seating, power outlets, and free WiFi. The lounges are equipped with workstations and tables, making them an ideal place to work or study in a quiet and comfortable environment.
Overall, John Glenn Columbus International Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities, making it an ideal airport for business travelers and students who need to stay connected and productive while on the go.
John Glenn Columbus International Airport offers a variety of lounges for travelers to relax in before their flight. Here are the lounges located at the airport:
- The Presidents Club – located on the third floor in the main terminal
- United Club – located on the second floor in Concourse A
- The Club at CMH – located on the third floor in Concourse B
- The Club at ORD – located on the third floor in Concourse C
- Delta Sky Club – located on the third floor in Concourse D
- The Club at LAS – located on the third floor in Concourse E
- The Club at YVR – located on the third floor in Concourse F
Accomodation Options Nearby John Glenn Columbus International Airport
When it comes to finding a place to stay near John Glenn Columbus International Airport, travelers are in luck as there are various accommodation options available to suit every budget and preference. From budget-friendly choices to upscale luxury hotels, here are the accommodation options near the airport:
1. Budget-friendly Motels: For those seeking affordability without compromising on comfort, several motels are conveniently located near the airport. These options often offer basic amenities, clean and comfortable rooms, and are perfect for budget-conscious travelers.
2. Chain Hotels: Popular chain hotels can be found near the airport, offering reliable and consistent services. These hotels often provide a range of amenities such as complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, fitness centers, and airport shuttle services for added convenience.
3. Extended Stay Hotels: Ideal for longer stays or those requiring extra space, extended stay hotels near John Glenn Columbus International Airport provide fully equipped suites with kitchenettes. These accommodations offer amenities like on-site laundry facilities and complimentary breakfast, catering to travelers’ needs for comfort and convenience.
4. Boutique Hotels: For a more unique and personalized experience, boutique hotels near the airport offer a charming and intimate atmosphere. These hotels often boast stylish decor, personalized service, and additional amenities like on-site restaurants, bars, and fitness centers.
5. Upscale Hotels: Luxury seekers will find a range of upscale hotels in the vicinity of the airport. These accommodations offer top-notch services, elegant rooms, and a plethora of amenities like spas, fine dining options, and lavish lounges. Upscale hotels are perfect for those who wish to indulge in a truly luxurious and relaxing experience.
Regardless of the type of accommodation travelers choose near John Glenn Columbus International Airport, most options provide easy access to the airport terminals and transportation links. Before making a reservation, it is advised to check each hotel’s specific amenities, cancellation policies, and any additional charges that may apply.
1. Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens: Located just a short drive from John Glenn Columbus International Airport, this world-class attraction showcases stunning gardens, exotic plant collections, and stunning art installations.
2. Easton Town Center: Situated nearby, Easton Town Center is a premier shopping and entertainment destination. Here, visitors can indulge in retail therapy, dine at gourmet restaurants, and catch a movie at the state-of-the-art AMC theater.
3. German Village: Approximately 10 minutes from the airport, German Village is a charming neighborhood known for its well-preserved brick buildings, beautiful parks, and trendy shops. Visitors can immerse themselves in the area’s rich history and enjoy delicious German cuisine.
4. Ohio State University: The main campus of Ohio State University is within a short distance, making it a popular attraction for sports enthusiasts, cultural events, and educational sights. Visitors can explore the beautiful campus or catch a football game at the famous Ohio Stadium.
5. Columbus Museum of Art: Located just a few miles away, this illustrious art museum features an impressive collection of American and European artwork, including pieces by renowned artists such as Monet and Picasso. It offers a fantastic cultural experience for art enthusiasts.
6. Nationwide Arena: Home to the Columbus Blue Jackets NHL team, Nationwide Arena hosts various sports events, concerts, and live shows throughout the year. Sports fans and music lovers can catch their favorite acts in this state-of-the-art venue, just a short drive from the airport.
7. Ohio Statehouse: Situated in downtown Columbus, the Ohio Statehouse is a National Historic Landmark and an architectural masterpiece. Visitors can take a guided tour and learn about Ohio’s history, visit the museum, or even attend legislative sessions when in session.
8. Columbus Zoo and Aquarium: A popular attraction for families, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is a world-renowned wildlife haven. Visitors can explore a wide variety of animals and enjoy educational experiences, including special exhibits and immersive habitats.
9. COSI Science Center: COSI, the Center of Science and Industry, is an excellent destination for both kids and adults. Featuring hands-on exhibits, interactive displays, and immersive experiences, this science center offers an exciting and educational day out.
10. Scioto Mile: This stunning urban park stretches along the Scioto River for miles, featuring beautiful gardens, walking and biking paths, and scenic views. Visitors can enjoy a leisurely stroll, take a riverboat ride, or even catch a concert at the nearby Bicentennial Park.
These attractions provide a range of activities and experiences for visitors to enjoy near John Glenn Columbus International Airport.
History of John Glenn Columbus International Airport
John Glenn Columbus International Airport, formerly known as Port Columbus International Airport, is located in Columbus, Ohio. The airport was named after John Glenn, a famous astronaut and Ohio native, in 2016. The airport was originally built in 1929 and was known as the Columbus Municipal Airport. It was later renamed to Port Columbus International Airport in 1958.
Throughout its history, the airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 2001, a new terminal was built, which included new restaurants, shops, and a parking garage. In 2016, the airport underwent a major renovation, which included a new baggage system, updated security checkpoints, and a new rental car facility.
Today, John Glenn Columbus International Airport serves over 8 million passengers annually and offers non-stop flights to over 40 destinations. The airport is also home to several airlines, including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines. With its rich history and modern amenities, John Glenn Columbus International Airport continues to be a vital transportation hub for the city of Columbus and the surrounding areas.
Other Airports in Ohio, United States
- Akron Canton Regional Airport
- Akron Executive Airport
- Burke Lakefront Airport
- Cincinnati Municipal Airport Lunken Field
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Cuyahoga County Airport
- Eugene F. Kranz Toledo Express Airport
- Findlay Airport
- James M Cox Dayton International Airport
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport
- Mansfield Lahm Regional Airport
- Northeast Ohio Regional Airport
- Rickenbacker International Airport
- Springfield-Beckley Municipal Airport
- The Ohio State University Airport – Don Scott Field
- Wilmington Airpark
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
- Youngstown Warren Regional Airport
- Zanesville Municipal Airport