Jose Marti International Airport is the main airport serving Havana, Cuba. It is located 15 km southwest of the city center and is the largest and busiest airport in the country. The airport serves as a hub for several airlines and offers flights to destinations across the Americas, Europe, and the Caribbean.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Jose Marti International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Jose Marti International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Jose Marti International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Jose Marti International Airport
- Other Airports in La Habana Province, Cuba
How to Get to Jose Marti International Airport
Jose Marti International Airport is located approximately 15 kilometers southwest of Havana, Cuba. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
If you are taking a taxi, it is recommended to negotiate the fare beforehand to avoid any surprises. The ride from Havana to the airport typically takes around 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Another option is to take the Viazul bus, which departs from the Havana bus station and stops at the airport. The bus runs several times a day and the fare is relatively inexpensive.
If you prefer a more comfortable and private option, you can arrange for a private car or shuttle service to take you to the airport. Many hotels and tour companies offer this service, and it is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability.
Overall, getting to Jose Marti International Airport is relatively easy and there are several options to choose from depending on your preferences and budget.
Jose Marti International Airport is the main airport serving Havana, Cuba. It is located approximately 15 kilometers southwest of the city center. There are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They are a convenient and safe way to travel to your destination. The fare is fixed and should be agreed upon before the journey begins.
2. Bus: There is a public bus service that operates from the airport to the city center. The bus is a cost-effective option, but it can be crowded and uncomfortable.
3. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the city and its surroundings.
4. Private transfer: Private transfer services are available for those who prefer a more comfortable and personalized experience. These services can be booked in advance and will take you directly to your destination.
5. Shared shuttle: Shared shuttle services are available for those who want to save money and don’t mind sharing a ride with other travelers. These services can be booked in advance and will take you to your destination.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it is important to plan ahead and make arrangements before arriving at the airport to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey.
Jose Marti International Airport in Havana, Cuba offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are higher than other options, but it is the most convenient option for those who need to park for a few hours.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are more affordable than short-term parking, making it a great option for those who need to park for a few days or more.
3. Valet parking: This parking option is available for travelers who want the ultimate convenience. Valet parking attendants will park your car for you and bring it back to you when you return. The valet parking area is located near the terminal building, making it easy to drop off and pick up your car.
4. VIP parking: This parking area is reserved for VIP travelers and is located near the terminal building. It offers the highest level of convenience and security, with attendants available to assist with luggage and other needs.
Overall, Jose Marti International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, or want the ultimate convenience of valet or VIP parking, there is an option available for you.
Car Rental at Jose Marti International Airport
Jose Marti International Airport is the main airport in Havana, Cuba. It has four terminals, each serving different airlines and destinations. Terminal 1 is used for domestic flights and some international flights to other Caribbean destinations. Terminal 2 is used for flights to and from the United States, Canada, and Europe. Terminal 3 is the largest and newest terminal, serving most international flights to and from Latin America, Europe, and Asia. It also has a VIP lounge and duty-free shops. Terminal 5 is a small terminal used for charter flights.
All terminals at Jose Marti International Airport offer a range of services and amenities for travelers, including restaurants, cafes, shops, and currency exchange. There are also ATMs, car rental services, and a medical center. Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport, and there are charging stations for electronic devices. The airport is accessible for people with disabilities, with ramps, elevators, and wheelchair assistance available.
Overall, the terminals at Jose Marti International Airport provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers. With a range of services and amenities, passengers can relax and enjoy their time at the airport before their flight. The airport is well-organized and easy to navigate, making it a popular choice for travelers visiting Cuba.
2. Air Canada
3. Air Europa
4. Air France
5. American Airlines
7. Copa Airlines
8. Delta Air Lines
9. JetBlue Airways
10. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
11. Southwest Airlines
12. Spirit Airlines
13. Sun Country Airlines
14. United Airlines
Jose Marti International Airport is the main airport in Havana, Cuba, and it is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and their belongings. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure that all passengers and their luggage are thoroughly screened before boarding their flights.
The security protocols at Jose Marti International Airport include the use of advanced technology such as X-ray machines, metal detectors, and explosive detection systems. All passengers are required to pass through these machines before boarding their flights. Additionally, all carry-on and checked luggage is thoroughly screened to ensure that no prohibited items are being transported.
The airport also has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and ensuring that all security protocols are being followed. These personnel are trained to identify potential threats and take appropriate action to prevent any security breaches.
Overall, the security protocols at Jose Marti International Airport are designed to ensure the safety and security of all passengers and their belongings. The airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all travelers.
Jose Marti International Airport in Havana, Cuba offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport has a dedicated team of staff who are available to assist passengers with any queries or concerns they may have. The staff are fluent in both English and Spanish, making it easy for international travelers to communicate effectively.
One of the key services offered at Jose Marti International Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has a fleet of wheelchairs available for passengers who require assistance getting around the airport. The staff are trained to provide assistance with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft, as well as navigating the airport terminals.
Another important service offered at the airport is baggage assistance. The staff are available to help passengers with their luggage, from check-in to baggage claim. They can also assist with lost or damaged luggage, ensuring that passengers are reunited with their belongings as quickly as possible.
Overall, Jose Marti International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible. The airport’s dedicated staff are committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that all passengers have a positive experience when traveling through the airport.
Shops and Restaurants
Jose Marti International Airport, located in Havana, Cuba, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
– Duty Free: This shop offers a wide range of products, including Cuban cigars, rum, and coffee, as well as international brands of perfume, cosmetics, and electronics.
– La Casa del Habano: This store specializes in Cuban cigars, with a selection of premium brands and accessories.
– Souvenirs: This shop sells traditional Cuban handicrafts, such as wooden carvings, ceramics, and textiles, as well as postcards and t-shirts.
– Café Cubita: This café serves Cuban coffee, pastries, and sandwiches, as well as light meals such as salads and soups.
– La Carreta: This restaurant offers traditional Cuban cuisine, such as ropa vieja (shredded beef), arroz con pollo (chicken and rice), and plantains.
– Pizza e Pasta: This Italian-style restaurant serves pizza, pasta, and salads, as well as desserts and drinks.
Other amenities at Jose Marti International Airport include currency exchange, ATMs, a pharmacy, and a VIP lounge. Whether you’re arriving or departing, there are plenty of options to make your airport experience more enjoyable.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Jose Marti International Airport in Havana, Cuba, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith during their travels. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Catholic Chapel: Located on the second floor of Terminal 3, the Catholic Chapel is open 24/7 and offers Mass services on Sundays at 10:00 am.
2. Muslim Prayer Room: Located on the second floor of Terminal 3, the Muslim Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a space for prayer and reflection for Muslim passengers.
3. Protestant Chapel: Located on the second floor of Terminal 3, the Protestant Chapel is open 24/7 and offers services on Sundays at 11:00 am.
4. Jewish Prayer Room: Located on the second floor of Terminal 3, the Jewish Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a space for prayer and reflection for Jewish passengers.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free to use and open to passengers of all faiths. They offer a peaceful and quiet space for passengers to practice their religion and find comfort during their travels.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Jose Marti International Airport in Havana, Cuba offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, and other online activities.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workstations equipped with power outlets and comfortable seating. These workstations are located in various areas of the terminal, including the departure lounges and the VIP lounge.
Business Center: The airport also has a fully equipped business center that provides printing, scanning, and photocopying services. The center is open 24/7 and is located in the departure area.
VIP Lounge: For passengers who require a more private and comfortable workspace, the airport’s VIP lounge offers a range of amenities, including free WiFi, comfortable seating, and a quiet environment. The lounge also provides complimentary snacks and beverages.
Overall, Jose Marti International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has you covered.
The Jose Marti International Airport in Havana, Cuba, offers travelers the chance to relax in luxury in one of its lounges.
- VIP Lounge – Located in the Domestic Terminal area, 2nd floor
- Cubana de Aviacion VIP Club – Located in the International Terminal, 2nd floor
- VIP Room – Located in the International Terminal, 1st floor
- AeroGaviota VIP Room – Located in the Domestic Terminal, 2nd floor
- Cuba VIP Room – Located in the Domestic Terminal, 2nd floor
- Gaviota VIP Room – Located in the International Terminal, 3rd floor
Accomodation Options Nearby Jose Marti International Airport
Jose Marti International Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to cater to the diverse needs and budgets of its travelers. Whether you are seeking affordable comfort or luxurious indulgence, there are choices available for every traveler at this bustling airport in Havana, Cuba.
1. Airport Lounges: For travelers looking to relax or catch up on work, several lounges within the airport offer comfortable seating, Wi-Fi access, and complimentary snacks and beverages. These lounges provide a peaceful environment for travelers during extended layovers or delayed flights.
2. Budget Hotels: If you’re looking for affordable accommodation in close proximity to the airport, there are budget hotels located within a short distance. These hotels offer clean, comfortable rooms with basic amenities and facilities ideal for a quick stay before or after a flight. Shuttle services are usually available to transfer guests.
3. Mid-range Hotels: For travelers seeking a bit more comfort without breaking the bank, mid-range hotels near the airport offer a balance between affordability and quality. These hotels feature well-appointed rooms, amenities like Wi-Fi, fitness centers, and on-site dining options, ensuring a comfortable stay for the discerning traveler.
4. Luxury Hotels: Those desiring a luxurious experience can indulge in the upscale hotels available near the airport. These properties boast elegant suites, first-class amenities, on-site restaurants serving exquisite cuisine, swimming pools, spas, and fitness centers. They provide a haven of relaxation and pampering for travelers seeking the highest level of comfort.
5. Boutique Hotels: For a unique and personalized experience, boutique hotels near the airport offer a charming and intimate atmosphere. These smaller, independently owned accommodations often feature stylish decor, personalized service, and a distinct character that sets them apart from the larger chain establishments.
6. Airport Transit Hotels: For those with tight layovers or early-morning departures, Jose Marti International Airport offers transit hotels located within the airport premises. These hotels provide compact yet comfortable rooms where travelers can rest and freshen up during their short stay, offering convenience and peace of mind.
In conclusion, Jose Marti International Airport provides a wide range of accommodation options, from budget to luxury, ensuring that travelers of all budgets and preferences can find a comfortable place to rest during their time in Havana.
1. Plaza de la Revolución: Located just 10 kilometers from Jose Marti International Airport, Plaza de la Revolución is an iconic cultural and historical site in Havana. This immense square is home to numerous landmarks, including the famous José Martí Memorial and the Ministry of the Interior building with Che Guevara’s iconic image.
2. National Hotel of Cuba: Just a 15-minute drive from the airport, the National Hotel of Cuba is a luxurious and historic landmark. With its stunning architecture and panoramic views of the Malecón, this iconic hotel offers visitors a taste of Havana’s golden era.
3. Museum of the Revolution: Situated a short drive away from the airport, the Museum of the Revolution offers a glimpse into Cuba’s revolutionary past. Housed in the former presidential palace, visitors can explore various exhibits displaying artifacts, documents, and photographs from Cuba’s struggle for independence.
4. El Malecón: Running alongside Havana’s coast, El Malecón is a lively, picturesque promenade that is just a short distance from the airport. Stroll along this iconic seawall, take in the sea breeze, and enjoy the lively atmosphere, which is particularly vibrant at sunset.
5. Castillo de la Real Fuerza: Located in Old Havana, just a short drive away from the airport, Castillo de la Real Fuerza is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the oldest colonial forts in the Americas. Explore its beautiful architecture, climb to the top for stunning views, and learn about Havana’s maritime history.
6. Vedado: Known for its vibrant nightlife and iconic buildings, Vedado is a neighborhood that surrounds the airport. Here, visitors can find restaurants, bars, and clubs, as well as the famous John Lennon statue in John Lennon Square.
7. Museum of Fine Arts: Situated in the heart of Havana, the Museum of Fine Arts houses an extensive collection of Cuban, Latin American, and international art. With works spanning from the colonial period to contemporary art, this museum appeals to art enthusiasts and history buffs alike.
8. Cigar Factories: Discover the artistry behind Cuba’s famous cigars with a visit to one of Havana’s traditional cigar factories. Witness skilled rollers handcrafting cigars as they have for generations, and learn about the history and nuances of this Cuban tradition.
9. Callejón de Hamel: Located a short drive from the airport, Callejón de Hamel is a vibrant alleyway covered in colorful murals and Afro-Cuban art. This lively cultural hub hosts regular street performances, music, and dance events celebrating Cuba’s African heritage.
10. Old Havana: Just a short distance from the airport, the historic district of Old Havana is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a living museum of colonial architecture. Visitors can wander through its narrow streets, explore its charming plazas, and soak up the vibrant atmosphere of this centuries-old city.
History of Jose Marti International Airport
Jose Marti International Airport is the main airport serving Havana, Cuba. It was named after Jose Marti, a Cuban national hero who fought for independence from Spain in the late 19th century. The airport was originally built in the 1930s and was known as Rancho-Boyeros Airport. It was later renamed Jose Marti International Airport in honor of the Cuban revolutionary.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 1952, a new terminal building was constructed, and in 1979, a second terminal was added. In 1998, a major renovation project was undertaken to modernize the airport and improve its facilities.
Today, Jose Marti International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the Caribbean, serving millions of passengers each year. It has a wide range of amenities, including restaurants, shops, and duty-free stores. The airport also has several lounges for passengers to relax in before their flights. With its rich history and modern facilities, Jose Marti International Airport is an important gateway to Cuba and a vital part of the country’s transportation infrastructure.
Other Airports in La Habana Province, Cuba