Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport is the second largest airport in Spain and serves as the main airport for the city of Barcelona. It is located approximately 12 kilometers southwest of the city center and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport
- Other Airports in Catalonia, Spain
How to Get to Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport
There are several ways to get to Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport. The most convenient and fastest way is by taking the Aerobus, which runs every 5-10 minutes from Plaça Catalunya and stops at both terminals of the airport. The journey takes around 35 minutes and costs €5.90 one way or €10.20 for a round trip.
Another option is to take the train, which connects the airport with the city center and other destinations in Catalonia. The R2 Nord line runs every 30 minutes from the airport to Barcelona Sants station, with stops at other major stations such as Passeig de Gracia and Clot-Aragó. The journey takes around 20-25 minutes and costs €4.60 one way.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are plenty of licensed taxis available at the airport. The journey to the city center takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic, and costs around €30-€35. It’s important to make sure you take an official taxi and agree on the fare before getting in.
Finally, if you’re driving to the airport, there are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking. The airport is well connected to the main highways and roads in the area, so it’s easy to get there by car. However, it’s important to allow plenty of time for traffic and parking, especially during peak travel times.
Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport is one of the busiest airports in Spain, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure a hassle-free travel experience, there are several transportation options available at the airport. Here are some of the most popular ones:
1. Metro: The airport is well-connected to the city center via the metro system. The L9 Sud line runs directly from the airport to various stations in the city, including Zona Universitaria, Collblanc, and Sagrada Familia.
2. Bus: There are several bus lines that operate from the airport to different parts of the city. The Aerobus is a popular choice, as it offers a direct connection to Plaça de Catalunya, one of the main transportation hubs in Barcelona.
3. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport, and they offer a convenient way to get to your destination. The journey to the city center takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
4. Car rental: If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several car rental companies located at the airport. You can choose from a range of vehicles and book in advance to ensure availability.
5. Private transfer: For a more luxurious and personalized experience, you can book a private transfer service. This option allows you to travel in comfort and style, with a driver waiting for you at the airport and taking you directly to your destination.
No matter which transportation option you choose, you can be sure that getting to and from Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport will be a breeze.
Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking options and their locations:
1. Terminal 1 Long Stay Car Park: Located just a few minutes away from Terminal 1, this car park is ideal for travelers who need to park their car for an extended period. The car park is open 24/7 and offers shuttle services to and from the terminal.
2. Terminal 2 Long Stay Car Park: This car park is located near Terminal 2 and is perfect for travelers who need to park their car for a longer period. The car park is open 24/7 and offers shuttle services to and from the terminal.
3. Terminal 1 Short Stay Car Park: Located just a few steps away from Terminal 1, this car park is ideal for travelers who need to park their car for a short period. The car park is open 24/7 and offers easy access to the terminal.
4. Terminal 2 Short Stay Car Park: This car park is located near Terminal 2 and is perfect for travelers who need to park their car for a short period. The car park is open 24/7 and offers easy access to the terminal.
5. Terminal 1 VIP Car Park: This car park is located near Terminal 1 and is ideal for travelers who want to park their car in a secure and exclusive area. The car park is open 24/7 and offers valet parking services.
6. Terminal 2 VIP Car Park: This car park is located near Terminal 2 and is perfect for travelers who want to park their car in a secure and exclusive area. The car park is open 24/7 and offers valet parking services.
Overall, Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need to park your car for a short or long period, there is a car park available to meet your needs.
Car Rental at Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport
- Keddy By Europcar
Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport is one of the busiest airports in Spain, serving millions of passengers every year. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a shuttle bus service. Terminal 1 is the newer and larger of the two terminals, with a capacity to handle up to 55 million passengers annually. It is home to many airlines, including Iberia, British Airways, and Lufthansa.
Terminal 1 is a modern and spacious facility, with a wide range of amenities and services for passengers. It has a large shopping area, with a variety of stores selling everything from souvenirs to luxury goods. There are also numerous restaurants, cafes, and bars, offering a range of cuisines and dining options. The terminal also has a VIP lounge, a children’s play area, and a medical center.
Terminal 2, on the other hand, is an older facility that has been renovated and expanded over the years. It is divided into three sections, T2A, T2B, and T2C, each serving different airlines. Terminal 2 is home to low-cost carriers such as Ryanair and EasyJet, as well as some regional airlines. It has a smaller shopping and dining area than Terminal 1, but still offers a range of services for passengers.
Overall, Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport is a modern and efficient facility, with two terminals that cater to the needs of different types of passengers. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, you are sure to find everything you need at this airport.
1. Aer Lingus
3. Air Algerie
4. Air Arabia Maroc
5. Air Baltic
6. Air Canada
7. Air Europa
8. Air France
9. Air Malta
10. Air Moldova
11. Air Serbia
13. American Airlines
14. Arkia Israeli Airlines
15. Austrian Airlines
17. Azores Airlines
18. Blue Air
19. British Airways
20. Brussels Airlines
21. Bulgaria Air
22. Cathay Pacific
23. China Eastern Airlines
24. Croatia Airlines
25. Czech Airlines
26. Delta Air Lines
29. El Al Israel Airlines
31. Ethiopian Airlines
32. Etihad Airways
38. Iran Air
41. Korean Air
42. LATAM Airlines
43. LOT Polish Airlines
46. Norwegian Air Shuttle
47. Pegasus Airlines
48. Qatar Airways
49. Royal Air Maroc
52. Singapore Airlines
54. Swiss International Air Lines
55. TAP Air Portugal
57. Thai Airways
60. Turkish Airlines
61. Ukraine International Airlines
62. United Airlines
63. Vueling Airlines
64. Wizz Air.
Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport is one of the busiest airports in Spain, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety and security of all passengers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols. These protocols are designed to prevent any potential threats and ensure that all passengers and their belongings are safe.
The airport security protocols include a range of measures such as baggage screening, passenger screening, and surveillance. All baggage is screened before it is loaded onto the aircraft, and passengers are required to go through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. The security checkpoint includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and body scanners to detect any prohibited items.
In addition to these measures, the airport also has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any potential threats. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that all security protocols are up to date and effective.
Overall, the security protocols at Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers. The airport takes security very seriously and is committed to ensuring that all passengers can travel with peace of mind.
Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s assistance services are designed to cater to the needs of all travelers, including those with disabilities, families with young children, and elderly passengers.
The airport’s assistance services include wheelchair assistance, special assistance for passengers with reduced mobility, and assistance for passengers with visual or hearing impairments. The airport also provides assistance for families with young children, including strollers and baby changing facilities.
In addition to these services, the airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including baggage wrapping, lost and found services, and information desks. The airport’s information desks are staffed by knowledgeable and friendly staff who are always on hand to answer any questions and provide assistance.
Overall, Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible. Whether you are a first-time traveler or a seasoned traveler, the airport’s assistance services are sure to make your journey a pleasant one.
Shops and Restaurants
Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the options available:
1. Duty-free shops: Passengers can enjoy tax-free shopping at the airport’s duty-free shops, which offer a variety of products such as perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol, tobacco, and confectionery.
2. Fashion and accessories: The airport has several fashion and accessories stores, including Desigual, Mango, and Swarovski, where travelers can purchase clothing, jewelry, and other accessories.
3. Souvenirs and gifts: For those looking for souvenirs and gifts, the airport has several stores such as La Casa del Libro, which offers books, magazines, and other reading materials, and La Botiga del Barça, which sells official FC Barcelona merchandise.
1. Fast food: The airport has several fast-food chains such as McDonald’s, Burger King, and Subway, where travelers can grab a quick bite before their flight.
2. Cafes and bakeries: For those who prefer a lighter meal, the airport has several cafes and bakeries such as Starbucks, Costa Coffee, and Caffè di Fiore, where passengers can enjoy a cup of coffee and a pastry.
3. Restaurants: The airport also has several restaurants such as La Pausa, which offers Mediterranean cuisine, and Porta Gaig, which serves traditional Catalan dishes.
Overall, Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers, making it a convenient and enjoyable airport experience.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to pray or meditate during their travels. These areas are located in various parts of the airport, making them easily accessible to all passengers.
1. Terminal 1: The prayer room in Terminal 1 is located on the first floor, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for passengers of all faiths.
2. Terminal 2B: The prayer room in Terminal 2B is located on the second floor, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for passengers of all faiths.
3. Terminal 2C: The prayer room in Terminal 2C is located on the second floor, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for passengers of all faiths.
4. Terminal 2D: The prayer room in Terminal 2D is located on the second floor, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for passengers of all faiths.
All of the prayer rooms at Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport are equipped with prayer mats, copies of the Quran, and other religious texts. They are also designed to provide a peaceful and quiet environment for passengers to pray or meditate.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workspace options. There are designated workstations with power outlets and USB ports located throughout the terminal, as well as a business center with private workspaces, printing, and scanning facilities.
Lounges: Passengers who have access to the airport lounges can enjoy comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and drinks, and high-speed WiFi. Some lounges also offer private workspaces and meeting rooms.
Overall, Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
The Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport offers a variety of lounge options for all travelers. Here are some of the lounges available at this airport:
- Air Europa VIP Lounge: Located in Terminal 1, Level 2 near Gate B14
- Salon VIP Air Nostrum: Located in Terminal 1, Level 2 near Gate B02
- Salon VIP Multiplus: Located in Terminal 1, Level 2 near Gate B02
- VIP Lounge at Terminal 1: Located in Terminal 1, Level 2 near Gate B26
- VIP Lounge at Terminal 2: Located in Terminal 2, Level 2 near Gate C06
- Salon VIP La Caixa: Located in Terminal 2, Level 2 near Gate C19
Accomodation Options Nearby Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport
Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport, located just 12 kilometers southwest of Barcelona, offers a variety of accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs. Whether you are looking for budget-friendly options or luxurious stays, the airport has got you covered. Here is a comprehensive list of accommodation options in and around the airport:
1. Sleep pods: For those seeking a quick rest, the airport provides sleep pods located in Terminal 1. These affordable and functional capsules offer a private space with a comfortable bed, perfect for a short nap or overnight stay.
2. Budget hotels: Several budget-friendly hotels are situated within close proximity to the airport, offering convenient access and wallet-friendly rates. These hotels typically provide comfortable rooms, essential amenities, and shuttle services to and from the terminals.
3. Mid-range hotels: If you desire a bit more comfort and amenities, there are numerous mid-range hotels near the airport that offer well-appointed rooms, fitness facilities, on-site dining options, and shuttle services. These hotels provide a balance between affordability and comfort.
4. Airport hotels: Some hotels are conveniently located within or adjacent to the airport, making them an ideal choice for travelers with early morning or late-night flights. These hotels offer easy access to the terminals, and some even provide 24-hour check-in options.
5. Luxury hotels: For those looking for an upscale experience, several luxury hotels can be found within a short drive from the airport. These hotels boast elegant rooms, gourmet dining, spa facilities, and other high-end amenities to ensure a truly indulgent stay.
6. Serviced apartments: If you prefer a more homely environment, serviced apartments near the airport provide a great option. These apartments come with fully equipped kitchens, separate living areas, and additional amenities, providing a comfortable and self-sufficient stay.
7. Nearby city accommodations: Barcelona, being a vibrant city, offers various accommodation options beyond the airport area. With excellent transport connections, you can easily stay at hotels, hostels, or apartments in the heart of Barcelona and enjoy the city’s numerous attractions while being well-connected to the airport.
All accommodation options mentioned above cater to different budgets and preferences, ensuring that every traveler can find a suitable place to rest before or after their flight. Whether you are on a tight budget or seeking indulgence, the accommodations at Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport cover a wide range of needs.
1. Park Güell: This magnificent park designed by Antoni Gaudí offers breathtaking views of Barcelona, featuring whimsical architectural elements and colorful mosaic tilework.
2. Sagrada Família: One of Barcelona’s most iconic landmarks, this unfinished masterpiece by Gaudí is a must-visit. Marvel at its intricate facades, towering spires, and mesmerizing stained glass windows.
3. Camp Nou: The legendary home stadium of FC Barcelona, Camp Nou, is a haven for soccer enthusiasts. Take a guided tour to explore the trophy room, the pitch, and immerse yourself in the club’s rich history.
4. Gothic Quarter: Stroll through the ancient streets of the Gothic Quarter, characterized by narrow alleys, medieval buildings, and charming squares. Discover architectural gems like the Barcelona Cathedral and Plaça Reial.
5. Montjuïc: Located near the airport, Montjuïc is a large hill that offers panoramic views of Barcelona. Explore its attractions, such as the Montjuïc Castle, Magic Fountain, and the Olympic Stadium.
6. La Rambla: Barcelona’s most famous boulevard, La Rambla, is brimming with life and energy. Enjoy street performers, visit the renowned La Boqueria market, and stop by historic landmarks like the Liceu Opera House.
7. Casa Batlló: Another masterpiece by Gaudí, Casa Batlló showcases the architect’s unique style. Admire its undulating façade, remarkable chimneys, and artistic interior, showcasing the brilliance of modernist architecture.
8. Picasso Museum: Art lovers will appreciate the Picasso Museum, housing an extensive collection of artworks by the renowned painter Pablo Picasso. Discover the evolution of his artistic career and explore the museum’s beautifully preserved medieval palaces.
9. Barcelona Beaches: Just a short distance away from the airport, Barcelona’s golden sandy beaches are perfect for sunbathing and enjoying the Mediterranean Sea. Visit popular stretches like Barceloneta Beach or Nova Icaria Beach for a relaxing day by the shore.
10. Park de la Ciutadella: This lush green oasis in the heart of the city offers a serene escape. Enjoy a picnic, rent a rowboat to navigate the lake, and marvel at the impressive Cascada Monumental, a grand waterfall sculpture.
History of Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport
Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport, also known as Barcelona Airport, is the second-largest airport in Spain and one of the busiest in Europe. The airport is located in the town of El Prat de Llobregat, just 12 km southwest of Barcelona city center. It was named after Josep Tarradellas, a prominent Catalan politician who played a key role in the restoration of democracy in Spain after the Franco regime.
The airport was originally built in 1916 as a military airfield, but it was not until the 1950s that it began to be used for commercial flights. In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major expansion, with the construction of a new terminal building and runway. Since then, the airport has continued to grow and modernize, with the addition of new terminals, runways, and other facilities.
Today, Barcelona Airport serves more than 50 million passengers per year, with flights to destinations all over the world. It is a hub for several major airlines, including Vueling, Ryanair, and Iberia, and is a popular gateway to the Mediterranean region. The airport is known for its modern facilities, efficient operations, and excellent customer service, making it a top choice for travelers visiting Barcelona and the surrounding area.
Other Airports in Catalonia, Spain