Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport is a modern airport located in Varadero, Cuba. It is the second busiest airport in the country, serving millions of tourists every year. The airport offers a wide range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for its passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport
- Other Airports in Matanzas Province, Cuba
How to Get to Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport is located in Varadero, Cuba. To get to the airport, there are several transportation options available.
If you are staying in Varadero, the easiest way to get to the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available and can be hailed on the street or booked through your hotel. The ride to the airport takes approximately 30 minutes and costs around 25 CUC.
Another option is to take a bus. Viazul, the national bus company, operates a daily bus service from Varadero to Havana, with a stop at the airport. The bus departs from the Varadero bus station and takes approximately 2 hours to reach the airport. The cost of the bus ticket is around 10 CUC.
If you are coming from Havana, you can take a taxi or a bus. Taxis are readily available and can be booked through your hotel or hailed on the street. The ride to the airport takes approximately 2 hours and costs around 100 CUC. Viazul also operates a daily bus service from Havana to Varadero, with a stop at the airport. The bus departs from the Havana bus station and takes approximately 3 hours to reach the airport. The cost of the bus ticket is around 20 CUC.
In summary, to get to Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport, you can take a taxi or a bus from Varadero or Havana. Taxis are the most convenient option, while buses are a more affordable option.
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport, located in Varadero, Cuba, offers various transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are some of the transportation options available at the airport:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They are a convenient and comfortable way to get to your destination. The fares are fixed and can be paid in Cuban Convertible Pesos (CUC) or US dollars.
2. Bus: Viazul, the national bus company, operates a bus service from the airport to various destinations in Cuba. The buses are air-conditioned and comfortable, and the fares are reasonable.
3. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Havanautos, Cubacar, and Rex. Renting a car is a great way to explore Varadero and other parts of Cuba at your own pace.
4. Private Transfer: Private transfer services are available at the airport. These services offer a more personalized experience and can be arranged in advance. The fares are higher than taxis, but the convenience and comfort are worth it.
5. Bicycle Rental: For the more adventurous travelers, bicycle rental is available at the airport. This is a great way to explore Varadero and the surrounding areas while getting some exercise.
No matter which transportation option you choose, make sure to confirm the fare and payment method before starting your journey. Enjoy your trip to Varadero!
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are higher than other options, but it is ideal for picking up or dropping off passengers.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are more affordable than short-term parking, making it a great option for travelers who will be away for several days.
3. Economy parking: This parking area is located further away from the terminal building and offers the most affordable rates for parking. It is ideal for travelers who are on a budget and don’t mind taking a shuttle bus to the terminal building.
4. Valet parking: This parking option is available for those who want the ultimate convenience. A valet attendant will park your car for you and have it waiting for you when you return. Valet parking is located in front of the terminal building and is the most expensive parking option.
Overall, Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport is located in Varadero, Cuba, and is the second busiest airport in the country. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles most of the international flights, while Terminal 2 is used for domestic flights and some international flights.
Terminal 1 is a modern and spacious terminal that was renovated in 2017. It has a capacity of 1.5 million passengers per year and is equipped with all the necessary facilities to ensure a comfortable and efficient travel experience. The terminal has several duty-free shops, restaurants, cafes, and bars, as well as currency exchange offices, ATMs, and a post office. There are also VIP lounges for passengers who want to relax or work in a more private setting.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that was built in 1991. It has a capacity of 400,000 passengers per year and is mainly used for domestic flights and some international flights to Canada and Europe. The terminal has a few shops and restaurants, as well as currency exchange offices and ATMs. Although it is not as modern as Terminal 1, it is still a functional and efficient terminal that provides a good travel experience for passengers.
Overall, Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport has two terminals that cater to the needs of both domestic and international passengers. Both terminals are equipped with all the necessary facilities and services to ensure a comfortable and efficient travel experience. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, you can expect a smooth and hassle-free experience at this airport.
1. American Airlines
2. Delta Air Lines
3. Southwest Airlines
4. United Airlines
5. JetBlue Airways
6. Spirit Airlines
7. Frontier Airlines
8. Sun Country Airlines
9. Allegiant Air
10. Air Canada Rouge
12. Air Transat
13. Sunwing Airlines
14. Copa Airlines
20. LATAM Airlines.
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport, located in Varadero, Cuba, has strict security protocols in place to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. The airport follows international standards and guidelines set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
All passengers and their luggage are screened before entering the airport terminal. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their bags scanned through X-ray machines. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 100ml, are confiscated. Passengers are also subject to random pat-downs and additional screening if deemed necessary.
The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the terminal and surrounding areas. They are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including CCTV cameras and facial recognition software, to detect any suspicious activity. Additionally, the airport has a K-9 unit that is trained to detect explosives and other dangerous substances.
Overall, Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented comprehensive measures to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. Travelers can feel confident that they are in good hands when passing through this airport.
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport is located in Varadero, Cuba, and is one of the busiest airports in the country. The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free experience. These services include baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and language translation services.
Baggage handling is an essential service offered at the airport, and it ensures that passengers’ luggage is handled with care and delivered to the correct destination. The airport has a team of trained professionals who are responsible for handling baggage and ensuring that it is loaded and unloaded from the aircraft safely and efficiently.
Wheelchair assistance is also available at the airport for passengers who require mobility assistance. The airport has a team of trained professionals who are available to assist passengers with disabilities or limited mobility. They can help passengers navigate the airport, board and disembark from the aircraft, and transport them to their destination within the airport.
Language translation services are also available at the airport to assist passengers who do not speak Spanish. The airport has a team of multilingual staff who can provide translation services in a range of languages, including English, French, and German. This service ensures that passengers can communicate effectively with airport staff and other service providers.
In conclusion, Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free experience. These services include baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and language translation services. The airport’s team of trained professionals is dedicated to providing high-quality services to all passengers, regardless of their needs or requirements.
Shops and Restaurants
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport, located in Varadero, Cuba, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
1. Duty-Free Shop – offers a wide range of products including tobacco, alcohol, perfumes, and souvenirs.
2. Varadero Souvenirs – specializes in souvenirs and gifts such as t-shirts, hats, keychains, and postcards.
3. La Casa del Habano – offers a selection of premium Cuban cigars and accessories.
4. Cuban Artisanal Market – features handmade crafts and artwork from local artisans.
1. Café Cubano – serves Cuban coffee, pastries, and light snacks.
2. El Mesón – offers traditional Cuban cuisine such as rice and beans, roasted pork, and plantains.
3. Pizza Pino – serves a variety of pizzas, sandwiches, and salads.
4. Bar Varadero – offers a selection of cocktails, beer, and wine, as well as light snacks.
Whether you’re looking for a last-minute souvenir or a quick bite to eat before your flight, Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport has plenty of options to choose from.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport, located in Varadero, Cuba, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation.
1. Catholic Chapel: The Catholic Chapel is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and offers a peaceful space for prayer and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and provides a space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: The Multi-Faith Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and welcomes passengers of all faiths to use the space for prayer and meditation.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are easily accessible to passengers and provide a quiet and peaceful space for reflection and prayer. They are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and are equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other necessary amenities. Passengers are encouraged to use these facilities as needed and to respect the religious practices of others who may be using the space.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport, located in Varadero, Cuba, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building. Passengers can easily connect to the network by selecting the “WiFi Varadero” network and following the on-screen instructions.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several seating areas with power outlets and USB ports. These areas are located throughout the terminal building and provide a comfortable and quiet space to work.
Business Lounge: The airport also has a business lounge, which is available to passengers for a fee. The lounge offers a range of amenities, including comfortable seating, free WiFi, and complimentary snacks and beverages. It is an ideal space for those who need to work or relax before their flight.
Overall, Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive while traveling.
The Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport in Varadero, Cuba, offers a variety of lounges to its passengers. Here is a list of the lounges located in the airport:
- Club Blue Lounge – Located in the Domestic Departures Hall
- VIP Lounge – Located in the International Departures Hall
- VIP Sala Club Gaviota – Located in the International Departures Hall
- Cafe Selecto – Located in the International Departures Hall
Accomodation Options Nearby Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport, located in Varadero, Cuba, offers a range of accommodation options to cater to various budgets and preferences. Whether you are looking for a comfortable stay on a budget or an indulgent luxury experience, you will find an option to suit your needs. Here is a list of accommodation options available at the airport, covering a range of budgets:
1. Budget Hotels:
– Airport Hostel: Located within walking distance of the terminal, this no-frills hostel offers affordable accommodation for budget travelers.
2. Mid-range Hotels:
– Hotel Air Caraibes: A comfortable hotel located near the airport, offering affordable rates, modern amenities, and convenient access to the airport.
– Hotel Continental Varadero: Situated a short drive from the airport, this mid-range hotel offers comfortable rooms, a pool, and various dining options.
3. Boutique Hotels:
– Ocean Vista Azul: A charming boutique hotel situated near the airport, offering stylish rooms, personalized service, and breathtaking views of the ocean.
– Melia Marina Varadero: A contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms, elegant design, multiple restaurants, and a spa for a luxurious stay.
4. Luxury Resorts:
– Royalton Hicacos: A luxurious all-inclusive resort boasting pristine beaches, gourmet dining, premium amenities, and exceptional service for an unforgettable stay.
– Paradisus Princesa Del Mar: A 5-star resort offering luxurious suites, multiple swimming pools, spa facilities, and access to a beautiful beach.
It is important to note that while some accommodation options are within walking distance of the airport, others may require a short drive or provide transfer services. Regardless of your preferred budget or taste, you will find a suitable accommodation option near Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport to make your stay in Varadero enjoyable and convenient.
1. Varadero Beach: Located just 25 minutes away from Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport, Varadero Beach is a stunning white-sand beach with crystal-clear waters. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Cuba, offering a wide range of water activities and beachside amenities.
2. Cueva Saturno: This natural underground cave is situated near the airport and provides a unique experience for visitors. Inside, you can swim in a refreshing cenote, explore crystalline formations, and encounter the indigenous flora and fauna of the area.
3. Xanadu Mansion: For history enthusiasts, Xanadu Mansion offers a glimpse into Cuba’s past. Built in the 1920s, this opulent mansion was once owned by American millionaire Irénée du Pont. Today, it serves as a prestigious golf club and hotel, boasting breathtaking ocean views and a beautifully preserved interior.
4. Josone Park: Within walking distance from the airport, Josone Park is a serene and charming retreat. It features lush gardens, colorful flowers, tranquil ponds, and quaint cafés. This park is an ideal spot for a leisurely stroll or a picnic amidst natural beauty.
5. Ambrosio Cave: Located in the outskirts of Varadero, Ambrosio Cave is an archaeological site that provides insight into Cuba’s indigenous heritage. Visitors can explore ancient rock paintings and enjoy the eerie yet fascinating atmosphere of this underground cave.
6. Dolphinarium: Families and animal lovers will enjoy the opportunity to interact with friendly dolphins at the Dolphinarium. Located near the airport, this attraction allows visitors to swim with dolphins, observe shows and demonstrations, and learn about the conservation efforts to protect these magnificent creatures.
7. Varahicacos Ecological Reserve: Nature enthusiasts can discover the rich biodiversity of Cuba at the Varahicacos Ecological Reserve. This protected area offers hiking trails surrounded by beautiful landscapes, caves, and diverse flora and fauna, including some rare and endemic species.
8. Delfinario: As you explore the surroundings of the airport, make sure to visit the Delfinario, also known as the Dolphin’s Show. Here, you can watch entertaining live shows featuring dolphins, sea lions, and other marine animals. Kids and adults alike will be delighted by the acrobatic performances and educational programs.
9. Canimar River: A short distance from the airport lies the scenic Canimar River. Visitors can take a boat ride along its tranquil waters, surrounded by lush vegetation. This ecotourism outing offers the opportunity to observe wildlife, such as crocodiles, and experience the beauty of the Cuban countryside.
10. House of Rum: For a taste of Cuba’s famous spirits, a visit to the House of Rum is a must. Situated near the airport, this lively venue offers guided tours that take you through the process of rum production, from fermentation to aging. You can also sample a variety of rums and purchase bottles to take home as souvenirs.
History of Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport is located in Varadero, Cuba. It was named after Juan Gualberto Gomez, a Cuban journalist and political activist who fought for Cuban independence from Spain. The airport was originally built in the 1940s as a military airfield, but it was later converted into a civilian airport in the 1990s.
The airport has undergone several renovations and expansions over the years to accommodate the growing number of tourists visiting Varadero. In 2005, a new terminal was built to handle the increasing number of flights and passengers. The airport now has two terminals, with Terminal 1 serving domestic flights and Terminal 2 serving international flights.
Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Cuba, serving millions of passengers each year. It is a hub for several airlines, including Cubana de Aviación, Air Canada, and Sunwing Airlines. The airport is also an important gateway for tourists visiting Varadero, which is known for its beautiful beaches and resorts. Overall, Juan Gualberto Gomez International Airport plays a vital role in the tourism industry in Cuba and continues to grow and expand to meet the needs of travelers.
Other Airports in Matanzas Province, Cuba