Juba International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in South Sudan. It serves as the main gateway to the country and is located in the capital city of Juba. The airport has undergone significant renovations and upgrades in recent years to improve its facilities and services.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Juba International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Juba International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Juba International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Juba International Airport
- Other Airports in Central Equatoria State, South Sudan
How to Get to Juba International Airport
Juba International Airport is the main airport in South Sudan and is located approximately 5 kilometers north of Juba city center. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, private car, or public transportation.
If you are taking a taxi, it is recommended to negotiate the fare beforehand to avoid any confusion or overcharging. Taxis are readily available in Juba city center and the journey to the airport takes around 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.
Alternatively, you can hire a private car or arrange for airport transfer services through your hotel or travel agency. This option provides more comfort and convenience, especially if you have a lot of luggage or are traveling with a group.
For those on a budget, public transportation is also available. You can take a bus or minibus from Juba city center to the airport, but be prepared for a crowded and potentially uncomfortable ride.
Overall, getting to Juba International Airport is relatively easy and straightforward. Just make sure to plan ahead and choose the option that best suits your needs and budget.
Juba International Airport is the main airport in South Sudan, serving the capital city of Juba. It is located approximately 5 kilometers from the city center and offers various transportation options for travelers.
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are the most convenient way to get to your destination. The fares are negotiable, so it is advisable to agree on a price before getting into the taxi.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, offering a range of vehicles to suit different needs and budgets. It is advisable to book in advance to ensure availability.
3. Airport shuttle: Some hotels and guesthouses offer airport shuttle services for their guests. It is advisable to check with your accommodation provider if they offer this service.
4. Public transport: Public transport options such as buses and minibusses are available outside the airport. However, they can be crowded and uncomfortable, and it is advisable to use them only if you are on a tight budget.
5. Private transfers: Private transfer services are available at the airport, offering a more comfortable and convenient way to get to your destination. These services can be booked in advance and are ideal for travelers with a lot of luggage or those who want to avoid the hassle of negotiating with taxi drivers.
In conclusion, Juba International Airport offers a range of transportation options to suit different needs and budgets. It is advisable to choose the option that best suits your needs and budget to ensure a comfortable and hassle-free journey.
Juba International Airport offers several car parking options for passengers and visitors. Here are the different car parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The rates for short-term parking are charged hourly.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for several days or more. The rates for long-term parking are charged daily.
3. VIP parking: This parking area is located closest to the terminal building and is reserved for VIPs and those who require special assistance. The rates for VIP parking are charged hourly.
4. Disabled parking: This parking area is located near the terminal building and is reserved for passengers with disabilities. The rates for disabled parking are charged hourly.
5. Drop-off and pick-up zone: This area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to drop off or pick up passengers quickly. There is no charge for using this area, but vehicles must not be left unattended.
Overall, Juba International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all passengers and visitors.
Car Rental at Juba International Airport
Juba International Airport is the main airport in South Sudan and serves as a gateway to the country. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is smaller and less busy than the international terminal, but it still offers all the necessary facilities for passengers.
The international terminal is modern and spacious, with a range of facilities to make passengers’ journeys as comfortable as possible. There are several check-in counters, immigration and customs desks, and a duty-free shop. The terminal also has a VIP lounge, which offers a more luxurious experience for passengers who want to relax before their flight.
Both terminals have restaurants and cafes where passengers can grab a bite to eat or a drink before their flight. There are also shops selling souvenirs, books, and other items. The airport has a good security system in place to ensure the safety of passengers and their belongings.
Overall, Juba International Airport’s terminals are well-equipped and provide a comfortable and efficient experience for passengers. The airport is constantly improving its facilities and services to meet the needs of its growing number of passengers.
The following airlines operate at Juba International Airport:
1. Air Uganda
2. Ethiopian Airlines
3. Kenya Airways
4. Nile Air
5. South Sudan Express
6. Sudan Airways
7. Turkish Airlines
10. Qatar Airways
Juba International Airport is the main airport in South Sudan and serves as a gateway to the country. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers, staff, and cargo. These protocols are in line with international aviation standards and are regularly reviewed and updated to meet evolving security threats.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before entering the airport terminal. This includes a thorough check of carry-on bags, checked luggage, and personal items such as shoes and belts. Passengers are also required to pass through metal detectors and body scanners to detect any prohibited items.
The airport has a dedicated security team that works closely with local law enforcement agencies to maintain a safe and secure environment. The security team is trained to identify and respond to potential security threats, including suspicious behavior, unattended bags, and unauthorized access to restricted areas.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport has implemented strict cargo security protocols. All cargo is screened before being loaded onto aircraft, and only authorized personnel are allowed to handle and transport cargo within the airport premises.
Overall, Juba International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented robust protocols to ensure the safety of all those who use the airport. Passengers can travel with peace of mind knowing that their safety is a top priority.
Juba International Airport is the main airport in South Sudan and serves as a gateway to the country. The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers. These services include baggage handling, immigration and customs clearance, and airport transfers.
Passengers can also avail of the airport’s VIP lounge, which offers comfortable seating, complimentary refreshments, and Wi-Fi access. The lounge is ideal for passengers who need to work or relax before their flight. Additionally, the airport has a duty-free shopping area where passengers can purchase souvenirs, gifts, and other items.
Juba International Airport also provides medical assistance to passengers who require it. The airport has a medical center staffed by qualified medical professionals who can provide first aid and emergency medical care. The airport also has wheelchair assistance for passengers with disabilities or mobility issues.
Overall, Juba International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Passengers can rest assured that they will receive the necessary support and assistance they need to navigate the airport and reach their destination safely.
Shops and Restaurants
Juba International Airport is the main airport serving the capital city of South Sudan. The airport offers a range of shops and restaurants for passengers to enjoy before their flight.
One of the popular shops at Juba International Airport is the Duty-Free Shop, which offers a variety of products such as perfumes, cosmetics, chocolates, and liquor. Passengers can also find souvenirs and gifts at the airport’s gift shop.
For those looking for a quick bite, there are several restaurants and cafes available at the airport. The airport’s main restaurant is the Juba Airport Restaurant, which serves a range of local and international dishes. There is also a coffee shop, Cafe Juba, which offers a selection of hot and cold beverages, sandwiches, and pastries.
In addition to these options, there are also several snack bars and kiosks located throughout the airport, offering a variety of snacks and drinks.
Overall, Juba International Airport provides a range of shopping and dining options for passengers to enjoy before their flight.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Juba International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith. These areas are located in various parts of the airport and are easily accessible to all.
1. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the ground floor of the airport terminal, near the baggage claim area. This prayer room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and ablution facilities.
2. Christian Chapel – Located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. This chapel is open to all Christian denominations and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
3. Meditation Room – Located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the VIP lounge. This room is open to all faiths and provides a peaceful environment for meditation and contemplation.
4. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the third floor of the airport terminal, near the food court. This prayer room is open to all faiths and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
All prayer rooms and worship areas at Juba International Airport are open 24 hours a day and are free to use. They are maintained regularly to ensure cleanliness and comfort for all users.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Juba International Airport offers WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, or stream videos without any interruptions.
For those who need to work while waiting for their flights, Juba International Airport offers a range of workspace facilities. The airport has a business lounge that provides a quiet and comfortable environment for passengers to work, with access to power outlets and complimentary refreshments.
In addition, the airport has several cafes and restaurants that offer seating areas with power outlets, making it easy for passengers to work while enjoying a meal or a cup of coffee.
Overall, Juba International Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers, providing them with the tools they need to stay connected and productive while on the go.
Juba International Airport offers a variety of lounges for travelers to relax in before their flights. Here are the lounges located in Juba International Airport:
- Skyview Lounge – located in the International Terminal
- VIP Lounge – located in the Domestic Terminal
- First Class Lounge – located in the Domestic Terminal
- Business Class Lounge – located in the International Terminal
- Elite Lounge – located in the Domestic Terminal
Accomodation Options Nearby Juba International Airport
There are several accommodation options available at Juba International Airport, catering to a range of budgets and preferences. Whether you are looking for cost-effective options or seeking a luxurious stay, Juba Airport has got you covered.
1. Transit Lounge:
If you have a short layover or need a few hours’ rest, the Transit Lounge at the airport offers a budget-friendly option. It provides simple seating arrangements and basic amenities, allowing you to relax and freshen up before your next flight.
Located within close proximity to the airport, guesthouses provide comfortable and affordable accommodation. These establishments typically offer clean rooms with essential amenities such as air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and on-site dining options.
3. Mid-range Hotels:
For travelers seeking more comfort, there are several mid-range hotels a short distance from the airport. These hotels offer spacious rooms, modern amenities, restaurants, and sometimes swimming pools or fitness facilities. They provide a balance between affordability and comfort.
4. Business Hotels:
For those requiring additional business amenities or a more upscale experience, Juba International Airport also hosts a few business hotels. These establishments offer well-appointed rooms, spacious work areas, conference facilities, and often include amenities such as a gym, spa, and upscale dining options.
5. Luxury Resorts:
If you are looking for a lavish stay, a few luxury resorts can be found near the airport. These resorts offer exquisite accommodations, top-notch facilities, and high-end services. Expect beautifully furnished rooms or villas, private pools, gourmet restaurants, spa and wellness centers, and various recreational activities.
It is advisable to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak travel periods, to ensure availability and secure the best rates. Do note that prices and availability may vary, so it is recommended to contact the respective accommodation providers directly or check online for the most up-to-date information.
1. Juba National Museum: Located just a short distance from Juba International Airport, the Juba National Museum offers a fascinating collection of historical artifacts and exhibitions showcasing the rich cultural heritage of South Sudan.
2. Miraya FM Radio Station: Just a stone’s throw away from the airport, Miraya FM Radio Station provides a unique opportunity to witness live broadcasts and gain insights into the workings of South Sudan’s media industry.
3. St. Joseph’s Catholic Church: A landmark in Juba, this beautiful Catholic church is conveniently located near the airport and offers a serene setting for quiet reflection and peaceful worship.
4. Konyo Konyo Market: One of Juba’s busiest markets, Konyo Konyo offers an authentic African shopping experience, where visitors can browse an array of stalls selling local handicrafts, fresh produce, and vibrant fabrics.
5. Jebel Kujur Mountain: For the adventurous souls, Jebel Kujur is a nearby mountain that offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. Hiking enthusiasts can embark on an exhilarating climb to the summit and enjoy panoramic vistas of Juba.
6. Nile River Cruise: Just a short drive away from Juba International Airport, visitors can embark on a scenic Nile River cruise, exploring the majestic river and taking in the beauty of the surrounding nature. It’s a perfect way to unwind and experience the natural wonders of South Sudan.
7. South Sudan Wildlife Conservation Area: Nature lovers will be delighted by the proximity of the airport to the South Sudan Wildlife Conservation Area. Here, visitors can spot a variety of wildlife species, including giraffes, elephants, and zebras, amidst the picturesque African savannah.
8. Kite Festival: If you happen to be in Juba during the annual Kite Festival, which is held near the airport, you can witness a mesmerizing spectacle of colorful kites filling the sky. It’s a delightful event that brings the community together in celebration.
9. All Saints Cathedral: Another iconic religious landmark near the airport, All Saints Cathedral is a notable Anglican church known for its grand architecture and historical significance. Visitors can admire its stunning stained glass windows and serene atmosphere.
10. Juba Bridge: Not far from the airport, the iconic Juba Bridge spans across the sparkling waters of the Nile River. The bridge offers a picturesque setting for a leisurely stroll or a memorable photo opportunity, with the river flowing beneath and panoramic views of the city.
History of Juba International Airport
Juba International Airport is the largest airport in South Sudan and serves as the main gateway to the country. The airport was originally built in the 1950s by the British colonial government and was known as Juba Airport. It was later expanded in the 1970s by the Sudanese government to accommodate larger aircraft.
During the Second Sudanese Civil War, the airport was heavily damaged and was closed for several years. It was reopened in 2005 after the signing of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement, which ended the civil war. The airport was then renamed Juba International Airport and underwent major renovations and upgrades to meet international standards.
In 2011, South Sudan gained independence from Sudan, and Juba International Airport became the main hub for the new country’s air transportation. The airport has since undergone further expansion and modernization, including the construction of a new terminal building and runway. Today, Juba International Airport serves as a vital link for both domestic and international travel, connecting South Sudan to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Central Equatoria State, South Sudan