Kamloops Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Thompson-Nicola region and provides air transportation services to both passengers and cargo. The airport is operated by the Kamloops Airport Authority and offers a range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Kamloops Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Kamloops Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Kamloops Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Kamloops Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Kamloops Airport
Kamloops Airport is located approximately 11 kilometers west of downtown Kamloops, British Columbia. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, or shuttle.
If you are driving, take the Trans-Canada Highway westbound and turn left onto Airport Road. Follow the signs to the airport, which is located on the left-hand side of the road.
Taxis are readily available in Kamloops and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The ride to the airport takes approximately 15 minutes and costs around $25.
Shuttle services are also available from various locations in Kamloops, including hotels and the Greyhound bus station. These services typically require advance booking and cost around $20 per person.
Overall, getting to Kamloops Airport is relatively easy and straightforward, with several transportation options available to suit your needs and budget.
Kamloops Airport, also known as Fulton Field, is a small airport located in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the city and the surrounding areas. If you are planning to travel to Kamloops, you have several transportation options to choose from. Here are some of the most popular ones:
1. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal building. They are a convenient and reliable way to get to your destination. The fare depends on the distance traveled and the time of day.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have their offices at the airport. You can rent a car and drive yourself around the city and the surrounding areas. This option is ideal if you want to explore the region at your own pace.
3. Shuttle service: Several shuttle services operate from the airport to various destinations in Kamloops and the surrounding areas. They offer a cost-effective way to travel, especially if you are traveling in a group.
4. Public transportation: The Kamloops Transit System operates several bus routes that connect the airport to various parts of the city. This option is ideal if you are traveling on a budget.
5. Limousine service: If you want to travel in style, you can hire a limousine service. Several companies offer this service from the airport. They offer a luxurious and comfortable way to travel.
In conclusion, Kamloops Airport offers several transportation options to suit your needs and budget. Whether you prefer a taxi, car rental, shuttle service, public transportation, or limousine service, you can find the right option for you.
Kamloops Airport offers several parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are $2 for the first half-hour, $4 for the first hour, and $2 for each additional hour.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are $12 per day or $60 per week.
3. Economy Parking: This parking area is located a bit further from the terminal building but offers the most affordable rates. The rates for economy parking are $8 per day or $40 per week.
4. Valet Parking: This parking option is available for travelers who want the ultimate convenience. A valet attendant will park your car for you and have it ready for you when you return. The rates for valet parking are $20 per day or $100 per week.
No matter which parking option you choose, Kamloops Airport provides safe and secure parking for all travelers.
Car Rental at Kamloops Airport
- Avis Car Rental
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent a Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Kamloops Airport, also known as Fulton Field, is a regional airport located in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is located on the east side of the airport and is used by airlines such as Air Canada, WestJet, and Central Mountain Air. The international terminal is located on the west side of the airport and is used by airlines such as Delta, United, and Alaska Airlines.
Both terminals at Kamloops Airport offer a range of amenities for passengers. The domestic terminal has a café, gift shop, and free Wi-Fi. The international terminal has a duty-free shop, restaurant, and lounge. Both terminals have baggage carts available for use and offer rental car services.
The airport also offers a range of services for passengers with disabilities, including accessible parking, wheelchair assistance, and accessible washrooms. Additionally, the airport has a pet relief area for passengers traveling with pets.
Overall, Kamloops Airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers. With a range of amenities and services available, passengers can relax and enjoy their journey.
- WestJet: Offers daily direct flights to Calgary and Vancouver.
- Air Canada: Offers daily direct flights to Toronto, Vancouver and Victoria.
- Central Mountain Air: Offers weekly direct flights to Fort St. John, Vancouver, and Prince George.
- Pacific Coastal Airlines: Offers daily direct flights to Vancouver.
- Flair Airlines: Offers weekly direct flights to Edmonton and Toronto.
Kamloops Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to ensure that all individuals who enter the airport are thoroughly screened and any potential security threats are identified and addressed.
All passengers and their carry-on luggage are screened through state-of-the-art security scanners before entering the boarding area. The airport also employs a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any potential security threats.
In addition to these measures, Kamloops Airport has also implemented a number of other security protocols, including strict access control measures, regular security training for staff, and ongoing security assessments to identify any potential vulnerabilities.
Overall, Kamloops Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. By implementing these rigorous security protocols, the airport is able to ensure that all individuals who enter the airport are thoroughly screened and any potential security threats are identified and addressed.
Kamloops Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to provide assistance with everything from baggage handling to directions and information about the airport’s facilities.
For passengers with special needs, Kamloops Airport offers a range of accessibility services, including wheelchair assistance and accessible parking. The airport also has a dedicated family room for parents traveling with young children, complete with changing facilities and a play area.
In addition to its traveler’s assistance services, Kamloops Airport also offers a range of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable and enjoyable. These include a selection of restaurants and cafes, duty-free shopping, and free Wi-Fi throughout the airport. Overall, Kamloops Airport is committed to providing a high level of service and support to all travelers passing through its doors.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar: Located in the main terminal, The Keg Steakhouse & Bar offers a variety of delicious meals and drinks.
2. Tim Hortons: Located in the main terminal, Tim Hortons is a great place to grab a quick snack or a cup of coffee.
3. Booster Juice: Located in the main terminal, Booster Juice offers a variety of healthy smoothies and juices.
4. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory: Located in the main terminal, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory offers a variety of sweet treats.
5. Hudson’s Bay: Located in the main terminal, Hudson’s Bay offers a variety of clothing, accessories, and home goods.
6. Relay: Located in the main terminal, Relay offers a variety of magazines, books, and snacks.
7. Duty Free: Located in the main terminal, Duty Free offers a variety of duty-free items.
8. The Source: Located in the main terminal, The Source offers a variety of electronics and accessories.
9. Starbucks: Located in the main terminal, Starbucks offers a variety of coffee and snacks.
10. The Keg Express: Located in the main terminal, The Keg Express offers a variety of quick meals and snacks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Kamloops Airport is proud to provide travelers with prayer and worship space.
The airport has two designated Prayer and Worship Areas, located in the terminal building. The first area is located in the main hall, between the WestJet and Air Canada check-in counters. This area is equipped with seating, a sink and mirror, and a prayer mat. The second Prayer and Worship Area is located in the departures lounge, next to the Air Canada ticket counter. This area is also equipped with seating, a sink and mirror, and a prayer mat.
Kamloops Airport welcomes travelers of all faiths and is committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment for all.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Kamloops Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is accessible throughout the airport terminal, allowing you to stay connected and productive while waiting for your flight.
In addition to WiFi, Kamloops Airport also provides workspace facilities for travelers who need to get work done on the go. The airport has a business center located near the departure lounge, which is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets. This space is perfect for business travelers who need a quiet place to work or for anyone who wants to catch up on emails or do some work before their flight.
The airport also has a lounge area with comfortable seating and tables, which can be used as a workspace. This area is located near the food court and is perfect for travelers who want to grab a bite to eat while they work.
Overall, Kamloops Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers who need to stay connected and productive while on the go. Whether you need to catch up on work or just want to browse the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay connected.
- The Executive Lounge at Kamloops Airport is located in the departure lounge on the upper level of the terminal building.
- The Kamloops Airport Lounge is located in the departure lounge on the upper level of the terminal building, and offers complimentary snacks and drinks.
Accomodation Options Nearby Kamloops Airport
Kamloops Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all travelers’ needs.
1. Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel & Suites: Located just minutes away from the airport, this hotel offers a variety of amenities including a fitness centre, an indoor pool, and a restaurant.
2. Comfort Inn & Suites Kamloops: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a fitness centre, an indoor pool, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
3. Ramada by Wyndham Kamloops: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a fitness centre, an indoor pool, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
4. Super 8 by Wyndham Kamloops: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a fitness centre, an indoor pool, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
5. Travelodge by Wyndham Kamloops: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a fitness centre, an indoor pool, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
6. Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a fitness centre, an indoor pool, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
7. Holiday Inn Express Kamloops: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a fitness centre, an indoor pool, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
8. Quality Inn & Suites Kamloops: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a fitness centre, an indoor pool, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
Kamloops Airport, located in the heart of British Columbia, Canada, is surrounded by a plethora of attractions that are sure to delight visitors of all ages. Here are some of the top attractions near Kamloops Airport:
1. Sun Peaks Resort: Just a 45-minute drive from the airport, Sun Peaks Resort is a popular ski and snowboard destination. With over 4,200 acres of skiable terrain, it’s the second-largest ski resort in Canada.
2. Kamloops Wildlife Park: Located just 15 minutes from the airport, the Kamloops Wildlife Park is home to over 65 species of animals, including bears, cougars, and wolves. Visitors can take a guided tour or explore the park on their own.
3. Riverside Park: Situated along the banks of the Thompson River, Riverside Park is a popular spot for picnics, swimming, and fishing. The park also features a playground, splash park, and walking trails.
4. Secwepemc Museum & Heritage Park: This museum, located just 10 minutes from the airport, showcases the history and culture of the Secwepemc people. Visitors can explore exhibits, watch traditional performances, and participate in workshops.
5. Kamloops Art Gallery: The Kamloops Art Gallery, located in downtown Kamloops, features contemporary and historical art from local and international artists. The gallery also hosts workshops, lectures, and special events.
6. British Columbia Wildlife Park: This wildlife park, located just 20 minutes from the airport, is home to over 200 animals, including grizzly bears, cougars, and lynx. Visitors can take a guided tour or explore the park on their own.
7. Kamloops Heritage Railway: This historic railway, located in downtown Kamloops, offers scenic train rides through the city and surrounding countryside. Visitors can choose from a variety of tours, including a wine and cheese tour and a murder mystery tour.
8. Kamloops Farmers’ Market: Held every Saturday from April to October, the Kamloops Farmers’ Market features local produce, crafts, and artisanal goods. Visitors can sample fresh fruits and vegetables, baked goods, and handmade crafts.
With so many attractions near Kamloops Airport, visitors are sure to find something to suit their interests. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventure, cultural experiences, or family-friendly activities, Kamloops has it all.
History of Kamloops Airport
Kamloops Airport, also known as Fulton Field, is a regional airport located in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada. The airport has a rich history dating back to the 1930s when it was first established as a small airfield. Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and expansions to accommodate the growing demand for air travel in the region.
During World War II, Kamloops Airport played a crucial role in the war effort by serving as a training base for the Royal Canadian Air Force. After the war, the airport continued to grow and attract more airlines, leading to the construction of a new terminal building in the 1960s.
In recent years, Kamloops Airport has continued to modernize and expand its facilities to meet the needs of the growing community. Today, the airport serves as a hub for several airlines, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Central Mountain Air, and offers a range of services and amenities for travelers, including parking, car rentals, and dining options. With its rich history and ongoing commitment to excellence, Kamloops Airport remains a vital transportation hub for the region.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport