Kangiqsujuaq Airport, also known as Wakeham Bay Airport, is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the local community and provides access to the remote wilderness areas of Nunavik.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport is located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. The airport is accessible by air and water, but not by road. The most common way to get to Kangiqsujuaq Airport is by taking a flight from Montreal or Kuujjuaq.
If you are flying from Montreal, you can take a direct flight to Kangiqsujuaq Airport with Air Inuit. The flight takes approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes. If you are flying from Kuujjuaq, you can take a connecting flight with Air Inuit. The flight takes approximately 45 minutes.
If you prefer to travel by water, you can take a boat from Kuujjuaq to Kangiqsujuaq. The boat ride takes approximately 8 hours. However, this option is only available during the summer months when the water is not frozen.
In conclusion, the easiest and most common way to get to Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport is by taking a flight from Montreal or Kuujjuaq. If you prefer to travel by water, you can take a boat from Kuujjuaq during the summer months.
Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. Despite its small size, there are a few transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can be easily hailed outside the terminal building. They are a convenient and reliable option for travelers who want to get to their destination quickly and comfortably.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis and Budget. Renting a car is a great option for travelers who want to explore the area on their own schedule and at their own pace.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle service to and from the airport. This is a convenient option for travelers who have booked accommodations in advance and want to avoid the hassle of arranging transportation on their own.
4. Public transportation: There is no public transportation available directly from the airport, but travelers can take a taxi or shuttle to the nearest town and then catch a bus or train to their final destination.
Overall, while Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport may be small, there are still several transportation options available to travelers. Whether you prefer the convenience of a taxi or the freedom of a rental car, there is a transportation option that will suit your needs.
Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport offers car parking facilities for passengers who need to park their vehicles while traveling. The airport has two parking areas available for use.
The first parking area is located directly in front of the airport terminal building. This parking area is reserved for short-term parking and is ideal for passengers who are dropping off or picking up someone at the airport. The parking area is conveniently located close to the terminal building, making it easy for passengers to access the airport.
The second parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building. This parking area is reserved for long-term parking and is ideal for passengers who need to leave their vehicles at the airport for an extended period. The parking area is secure and well-lit, providing passengers with peace of mind that their vehicles are safe while they are away.
Both parking areas at Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport are free of charge, making it easy for passengers to park their vehicles without incurring any additional costs. Passengers are advised to arrive at the airport early to ensure they have ample time to park their vehicles and make their way to the terminal building.
Car Rental at Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
Kangiqsujuaq Airport, also known as Wakeham Bay Airport, is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is equipped with basic amenities such as restrooms, a waiting area, and a small café that serves snacks and beverages.
The airport terminal is designed to accommodate a limited number of passengers, and it is not equipped with advanced facilities such as duty-free shops or lounges. However, the terminal is clean and well-maintained, providing a comfortable waiting area for passengers. The airport staff is friendly and helpful, providing assistance to passengers as needed.
The airport is primarily used by local residents and tourists who visit the region for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, and hiking. The airport is also an important transportation hub for the Inuit community, providing access to essential services such as medical care and supplies. Overall, Kangiqsujuaq Airport is a small but important transportation hub that serves the needs of the local community and visitors to the region.
- Air Inuit: Flying to Montreal, Kuujjuaq, and Ottawa.
- Air Tindi: Flying to Yellowknife.
- Kivalliq Air: Flying to Churchill, Iqaluit, Rankin Inlet, and Winnipeg.
- First Air: Flying to Iqaluit, Montreal, Ottawa, and Winnipeg.
Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport has strict security protocols in place to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights. This includes a thorough check of carry-on bags, as well as checked baggage. The airport also has a strict policy on prohibited items, which are not allowed on board the aircraft.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport also has security measures in place to monitor the airport perimeter and prevent unauthorized access. The airport is equipped with surveillance cameras and security personnel who patrol the area to ensure the safety of all those on the premises.
Overall, Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented measures to ensure the safety of all those who use the airport. Passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through this airport.
Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavik region of Quebec, Canada. As a remote airport, it is important for travelers to be aware of the available assistance services.
The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and comfortable journey for all passengers. These services include wheelchair assistance, baggage handling, and language interpretation services. The airport staff are trained to provide assistance to passengers with disabilities or special needs, and are available to help with any queries or concerns.
In addition to these services, the airport also has a small terminal building with basic amenities such as restrooms, a waiting area, and a small café. There is also a small gift shop where travelers can purchase souvenirs and local crafts.
Overall, Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport provides essential traveler’s assistance services to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for all passengers. The airport staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and are always available to help with any questions or concerns.
Shops and Restaurants
Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
-Kangiqsujuaq Co-op: A convenience store offering a variety of snacks, drinks, and other items.
-Kangiqsujuaq Gift Shop: Offers souvenirs, books, and other items related to the local culture and area.
-Kangiqsujuaq Café: Offers a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, and drinks.
-Kangiqsujuaq Restaurant: Offers a selection of traditional Inuit dishes, as well as other local favorites.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport does not have any designated prayer rooms or worship areas. However, passengers are welcome to use the airport’s public spaces for personal prayer or meditation. The airport terminal has seating areas where passengers can sit and reflect. Additionally, there are several churches and places of worship located in the town of Kangiqsujuaq, which is a short distance from the airport. Passengers may inquire with airport staff for directions to these places of worship.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a few amenities for travelers who need to stay connected or get some work done while waiting for their flight.
The airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers. The WiFi network is available throughout the terminal building, and it is easy to connect to. Simply select the network name and enter the password provided by the airport staff.
Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport does not have a dedicated workspace area for passengers. However, there are a few seating areas with tables that can be used for working or studying. These areas are located near the boarding gates and offer a quiet and comfortable environment for passengers who need to get some work done.
In addition, the airport has a small business center that can be used by passengers who need to print or scan documents. The business center is located near the check-in counters and is equipped with a printer, scanner, and photocopier.
Overall, while Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport may not have extensive workspace facilities, it does provide free WiFi and a few seating areas that can be used for working or studying. The airport’s business center is also a useful resource for passengers who need to print or scan documents.
- Air Inuit Lounge – Located inside the airport terminal.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Located inside the airport terminal.
- First Air VIP Lounge – Located inside the airport terminal.
Accomodation Options Nearby Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
1. Wakeham Bay Hotel: Located just a few minutes from the airport, the Wakeham Bay Hotel offers a range of comfortable rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and bar.
2. Wakeham Bay Inn: This inn is located a short drive from the airport and offers a range of cozy rooms and suites.
3. Wakeham Bay Campground: Located just a few minutes from the airport, the Wakeham Bay Campground offers a range of camping sites, as well as a variety of amenities.
4. Wakeham Bay Lodge: This lodge is located a short drive from the airport and offers a range of comfortable rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and bar.
5. Wakeham Bay Cabins: Located just a few minutes from the airport, the Wakeham Bay Cabins offer a range of cozy cabins, as well as a variety of amenities.
Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport is located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. It is a small airport that serves the community of Kangiqsujuaq and the surrounding area. Despite its remote location, there are several attractions near the airport that are worth exploring. Here are some of the top attractions:
1. Pingualuit National Park: This park is located about 100 km south of Kangiqsujuaq and is home to a massive meteorite crater. Visitors can hike around the rim of the crater and enjoy stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
2. Kuururjuaq National Park: This park is located about 50 km north of Kangiqsujuaq and is known for its rugged mountains, pristine lakes, and abundant wildlife. Visitors can hike, fish, and camp in the park.
3. Inuit Art Centre: This museum is located in Kangiqsujuaq and features a collection of Inuit art and artifacts. Visitors can learn about the history and culture of the Inuit people through exhibits and guided tours.
4. Arctic Char Fishing: The rivers and lakes near Kangiqsujuaq are home to abundant populations of Arctic char, a popular game fish. Visitors can hire a guide and try their luck at catching these elusive fish.
5. Dog Sledding: Dog sledding is a popular activity in the winter months near Kangiqsujuaq. Visitors can take a guided tour and experience the thrill of mushing their own team of sled dogs.
Overall, Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport is a gateway to some of the most beautiful and remote wilderness areas in Canada. Visitors can enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities and learn about the unique culture and history of the Inuit people.
History of Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
Kangiqsujuaq Airport, also known as Wakeham Bay Airport, is located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. The airport was built in the 1950s to serve the Inuit community of Kangiqsujuaq and the surrounding area. It was originally a gravel runway with limited facilities, but has since been expanded and upgraded to accommodate larger aircraft and more passengers.
Over the years, Kangiqsujuaq Airport has played an important role in connecting the remote communities of northern Quebec to the rest of the province and the country. It has also been used for scientific research and exploration, as well as for military purposes during the Cold War.
Today, Kangiqsujuaq Airport is a vital transportation hub for the region, serving both commercial and charter flights. It has a modern terminal building, a paved runway, and a range of services and amenities for passengers and crew. The airport is operated by the Kativik Regional Government, which is responsible for managing air transportation in Nunavik, the northernmost region of Quebec.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport