Kansas City International Airport is a major airport located in Kansas City, Missouri. It serves as a hub for several airlines and offers non-stop flights to numerous domestic and international destinations. The airport is known for its modern facilities and efficient operations, making it a popular choice for travelers in the Midwest region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Kansas City International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Kansas City International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Kansas City International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Kansas City International Airport
- Other Airports in Missouri, United States
How to Get to Kansas City International Airport
Kansas City International Airport is located approximately 15 miles northwest of downtown Kansas City, Missouri. There are several transportation options available to get to the airport.
One option is to take a taxi or ride-sharing service such as Uber or Lyft. These services are available 24/7 and can be accessed from anywhere in the city. The cost of a taxi or ride-sharing service will vary depending on your location and the time of day.
Another option is to take public transportation. The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) offers bus service to the airport from various locations throughout the city. The cost of a one-way bus fare is $1.50, and the trip takes approximately 45 minutes.
If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several parking options available at the airport. The airport offers both short-term and long-term parking, with rates starting at $7 per day. There are also several off-site parking options available, with shuttle service to the airport.
Overall, there are several convenient transportation options available to get to Kansas City International Airport. Whether you choose to take a taxi, ride-sharing service, public transportation, or drive yourself, you can easily get to the airport from anywhere in the city.
Kansas City International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to help travelers get to and from the airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Ride-Sharing Services: Uber and Lyft are available at the airport and provide a convenient and affordable way to get to your destination.
2. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and offer a quick and easy way to get to your destination.
3. Car Rentals: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National.
4. Shuttle Services: Several shuttle services are available at the airport, including SuperShuttle and KCI Express.
5. Public Transportation: The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) offers bus service to and from the airport. The 129 bus route connects the airport to downtown Kansas City.
6. Private Car Services: Several private car services are available at the airport, including Blacklane, GroundLink, and ExecuCar.
No matter what your transportation needs are, Kansas City International Airport has you covered with a variety of convenient and affordable options.
Kansas City International Airport offers a variety of parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Economy Parking: This is the most affordable parking option at KCI Airport. It is located at the corner of Cookingham Drive and Paris Street, just a short shuttle ride away from the terminals.
2. Garage Parking: The garage parking is located directly across from the terminals, making it a convenient option for travelers who want to park close to the airport. There are two garage options: Garage 1 and Garage 2.
3. Circle Parking: This parking option is located in the center of the airport, just a short walk away from the terminals. It is a good option for travelers who want to park close to the airport but don’t want to pay the higher rates of the garage parking.
4. Valet Parking: For travelers who want the ultimate convenience, valet parking is available at the airport. The valet parking area is located in front of the terminals, making it easy to drop off and pick up your car.
No matter which parking option you choose, KCI Airport offers a safe and secure place to park your car while you travel.
Car Rental at Kansas City International Airport
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) has three terminals: Terminal A, Terminal B, and Terminal C. Each terminal is designed to provide passengers with a comfortable and efficient travel experience.
Terminal A is the smallest of the three terminals and is primarily used by Southwest Airlines. It has 19 gates and offers a variety of dining and shopping options, including Starbucks, Chick-fil-A, and Hudson News.
Terminal B is the largest terminal at MCI and is used by several airlines, including Delta, United, and American. It has 42 gates and features a wide range of amenities, such as restaurants, bars, and shops. Passengers can enjoy a meal at the Kansas City BBQ restaurant or grab a drink at the Boulevard Brewing Company Taproom.
Terminal C is located on the opposite side of the airport from Terminal A and is used by Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, and Spirit Airlines. It has 12 gates and offers a variety of dining and shopping options, including Dunkin’ Donuts and CNBC News.
All three terminals at MCI are connected by a free shuttle service that runs every 10-15 minutes. The airport also offers a variety of services and amenities, such as free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and baggage storage. Overall, Kansas City International Airport’s terminals provide passengers with a convenient and enjoyable travel experience.
1. Alaska Airlines
2. Allegiant Air
3. American Airlines
4. Delta Air Lines
5. Frontier Airlines
6. Southwest Airlines
7. Spirit Airlines
8. United Airlines
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) oversees the security measures at MCI, which includes screening all passengers and their belongings before they board their flights. The TSA uses advanced technology such as full-body scanners and X-ray machines to detect any prohibited items.
Passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before going through the security checkpoint. They must also place all liquids, gels, and aerosols in a clear plastic bag and remove any electronic devices larger than a cell phone from their carry-on bags. The TSA also conducts random searches of passengers and their belongings to ensure that no prohibited items are being brought onto the plane.
In addition to TSA security measures, MCI has its own security team that monitors the airport 24/7. They use surveillance cameras and other technology to detect any suspicious activity and respond quickly to any potential threats. MCI also has a K-9 unit that is trained to detect explosives and other dangerous materials.
Overall, MCI takes security very seriously and has implemented a comprehensive set of protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. Passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through Kansas City International Airport.
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) offers a variety of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Traveler’s Assistance program provides a team of friendly and knowledgeable volunteers who are available to assist passengers with a range of needs, including directions, wheelchair assistance, and language translation.
The Traveler’s Assistance program also offers a unique service called “Meet and Greet,” which provides a personal escort for passengers who require extra assistance navigating the airport. This service is particularly helpful for elderly or disabled passengers, as well as those traveling with young children.
In addition to the Traveler’s Assistance program, MCI also offers a variety of other amenities to make travel more comfortable and convenient. These include free Wi-Fi throughout the airport, charging stations for electronic devices, and a variety of dining and shopping options. Overall, Kansas City International Airport is committed to providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that all passengers have a positive travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Kansas City International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable. Here are some of the options available:
– Boulevard Brewing Company: This shop offers a selection of locally brewed beers and merchandise.
– CNBC News: This newsstand offers a variety of magazines, newspapers, and snacks.
– Discover Kansas City: This shop offers a selection of locally made gifts and souvenirs.
– InMotion Entertainment: This electronics store offers a variety of gadgets and accessories for your travels.
– Kansas City Marketplace: This shop offers a selection of local foods, wines, and gifts.
– The Body Shop: This shop offers a variety of skincare and beauty products.
– Chick-fil-A: This fast-food chain offers a selection of chicken sandwiches, nuggets, and salads.
– Einstein Bros. Bagels: This bakery offers a variety of bagels, sandwiches, and coffee.
– KCI Bar-B-Q: This restaurant offers a selection of Kansas City-style barbecue dishes.
– Starbucks: This coffee chain offers a variety of coffee, tea, and snacks.
– The Boulevard Cafe: This restaurant offers a selection of sandwiches, salads, and soups.
– Varsity Sports Cafe & Roman Coin Pizza: This restaurant offers a selection of pizza, burgers, and sandwiches.
Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a souvenir to take home, Kansas City International Airport has something for everyone.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Kansas City International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors to use. These areas are located throughout the airport and are easily accessible to all.
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located in Terminal C, near Gate 61, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for prayer and meditation. The chapel is open to people of all faiths and is equipped with religious texts and prayer rugs.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located in Terminal C, near Gate 61, the Muslim Prayer Room is open 24/7 and offers a space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers. The room is equipped with prayer rugs and a Qibla direction indicator.
3. Christian Prayer Room – Located in Terminal C, near Gate 61, the Christian Prayer Room is open 24/7 and offers a space for Christian passengers to pray and reflect. The room is equipped with religious texts and a cross.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – Located in Terminal C, near Gate 61, the Jewish Prayer Room is open 24/7 and offers a space for Jewish passengers to pray and reflect. The room is equipped with religious texts and a menorah.
5. Meditation Room – Located in Terminal B, near Gate 32, the Meditation Room is open 24/7 and offers a space for passengers to meditate and relax. The room is equipped with comfortable seating and calming decor.
Overall, Kansas City International Airport provides a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors of all faiths to use. These spaces offer a peaceful and quiet environment for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Kansas City International Airport offers a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to meet the needs of travelers. Here are some of the options available:
1. Free WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected while waiting for their flights.
2. Charging Stations: There are numerous charging stations located throughout the airport, providing travelers with a convenient way to charge their devices.
3. Business Center: The airport’s business center is located in Terminal C and offers a variety of services, including printing, faxing, and copying.
4. Workstations: There are several workstations located throughout the airport, providing travelers with a quiet space to work or catch up on emails.
5. Lounges: The airport has several lounges, including the Delta Sky Club and the United Club, which offer comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and beverages, and access to WiFi.
6. Conference Rooms: For those who need to hold a meeting or conduct business while at the airport, there are several conference rooms available for rent.
Overall, Kansas City International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive while on the go.
Kansas City International Airport offers four lounges for travelers to relax and enjoy during their time at the airport. Here is a list of the available lounges and their respective locations:
- The Club at MCI – Located in Concourse B, near Gate B2
- The Club at KCI – Located in Concourse C, near Gate C2
- United Club – Located in Concourse C, near Gate C18
- The Centurion Lounge – Located in Concourse B, near Gate B12
Accomodation Options Nearby Kansas City International Airport
1. On-site Hotel: Kansas City International Airport offers a convenient on-site hotel, located near Terminal C, making it an ideal choice for travelers needing quick access to the airport. This option provides a blend of comfort and convenience, offering a range of amenities such as spacious rooms, complimentary Wi-Fi, and on-site dining options.
2. Off-site Hotels: Kansas City International Airport is surrounded by several hotels within a short distance. These off-site accommodations cater to different budgets and preferences, with shuttle services available for easy transportation to and from the airport. From budget-friendly options to well-known chain hotels, there is a wide variety of choices to suit every traveler’s needs.
3. Airport Lounges: For relaxing and unwinding before or after a flight, there are various airport lounges available at Kansas City International Airport. These lounges offer comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and beverages, Wi-Fi access, and charging stations. Access to these lounges can be purchased with various passes or through airline loyalty programs.
4. Airbnbs and Vacation Rentals: For those seeking more spacious and home-like accommodations, nearby neighborhoods offer a range of Airbnbs and vacation rentals. These options can be ideal for families or groups, providing amenities such as kitchen facilities, multiple bedrooms, and living spaces. Renting a private home or apartment allows for a more personalized experience during your stay.
5. Extended Stay Hotels: Perfect for longer layovers or extended stays, Kansas City also features extended stay hotels near the airport. These options typically offer fully equipped kitchens, workspaces, and laundry facilities, making them suitable for business travelers or those requiring more self-sufficiency. Additionally, these hotels often provide additional amenities like fitness centers and complimentary breakfast.
6. Luxury Hotels in Downtown Kansas City: If you prefer a more upscale experience, downtown Kansas City boasts a variety of luxurious hotels. These establishments offer exceptional service, elegant accommodations, and a range of amenities, such as gourmet restaurants, spas, and fitness centers. While these options may be a bit further from the airport, they provide a luxurious retreat in the heart of the city.
No matter your budget or preferences, Kansas City International Airport offers a diverse range of accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs. From on-site and off-site hotels to vacation rentals and luxury establishments, you can find the perfect place to rest and recharge before or after a flight.
1. The National World War I Museum and Memorial: Located just 20 minutes from Kansas City International Airport, this museum offers a comprehensive display of artifacts, exhibits, and educational resources focused on World War I.
2. The Kansas City Zoological Park: Situated within a 25-minute drive from the airport, this expansive zoo boasts more than 1,000 animals from around the world, making it a perfect spot for families and animal enthusiasts.
3. The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art: Just a short 30-minute drive from the airport, this renowned museum showcases an extensive collection of ancient, modern, and contemporary art, including works by renowned artists such as Monet, Van Gogh, and Warhol.
4. The Power and Light District: Situated in downtown Kansas City, just a 25-minute drive from the airport, this vibrant entertainment district offers a wide array of attractions, including live music venues, trendy bars, upscale restaurants, and shopping options.
5. Worlds of Fun: Located approximately 20 minutes from the airport, this thrilling amusement park features a variety of rides, water attractions, live entertainment shows, and delicious food options, promising a day filled with fun and excitement for visitors of all ages.
6. The Kansas City Speedway: Just a 15-minute drive from the airport, this renowned racetrack hosts a variety of adrenaline-pumping events, including NASCAR races and other motorsport championships, providing a thrilling experience for racing enthusiasts.
7. The Arabia Steamboat Museum: Situated just 10 minutes from the airport, this museum offers a fascinating glimpse into the past, showcasing the artifacts and items recovered from the wreckage of the steamboat Arabia, which sank in the Missouri River in 1856.
8. The American Jazz Museum: Less than a 30-minute drive from the airport, this museum pays homage to the city’s rich jazz heritage, featuring interactive exhibits, live performances, and a vast collection of memorabilia dedicated to legendary jazz musicians.
9. The Kansas City River Market: Located roughly 15 minutes from the airport, this bustling market offers a vibrant atmosphere filled with local vendors selling fresh produce, artisanal crafts, and a variety of international cuisine, making it a must-visit destination for food lovers.
10. The Crown Center: Situated just 25 minutes from the airport, this vibrant complex offers a one-stop-shop for shopping, dining, and entertainment. With its own theater, ice skating rink, and an array of shops and restaurants, visitors can enjoy a day of leisure and relaxation.
History of Kansas City International Airport
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) is located in Kansas City, Missouri, and serves as the primary airport for the Kansas City metropolitan area. The airport was first opened in 1956 as Mid-Continent International Airport, and was renamed to Kansas City International Airport in 1972.
The airport has undergone several renovations and expansions over the years, including the construction of a new terminal in 1994. The airport is known for its unique design, which features three separate terminals connected by a central roadway.
In recent years, there has been discussion about the need for a new airport in Kansas City, as the current airport is considered outdated and inefficient. However, plans for a new airport have been met with controversy and opposition from some members of the community.
Despite these challenges, Kansas City International Airport remains an important transportation hub for the region, serving millions of passengers each year and providing access to destinations around the world.
Other Airports in Missouri, United States
- Cape Girardeau Regional Airport
- Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport
- Columbia Regional Airport
- Joplin Regional Airport
- Kansas City International Airport
- Kirksville Regional Airport
- Rosecrans Memorial Airport
- Spirit of St Louis Airport
- Springfield Branson National Airport
- St Louis Lambert International Airport
- Waynesville-St. Robert Regional Forney field
- Whiteman Air Force Base