The Kapuskasing Airport is a regional airport located in the town of Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the region, connecting passengers to major cities across Canada and beyond. The airport features modern facilities and amenities, making it a comfortable and convenient option for travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Kapuskasing Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Kapuskasing Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Kapuskasing Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Kapuskasing Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Kapuskasing Airport
Kapuskasing Airport is located in the town of Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada. The airport is easily accessible by car, taxi or public transportation. If you are driving, the airport is located just off Highway 11, approximately 5 kilometers east of the town center. Simply follow the signs for the airport and turn onto Airport Road.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in Kapuskasing that offer airport transportation services. You can easily book a taxi in advance or hail one on the street. The ride from the town center to the airport takes approximately 10 minutes.
For those who prefer public transportation, there is a bus service that operates between Kapuskasing and the airport. The bus runs several times a day and the fare is affordable. You can check the bus schedule and purchase tickets online or at the bus station in Kapuskasing.
In summary, getting to Kapuskasing Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you are driving, taking a taxi or using public transportation, you can easily reach the airport from the town center. Just follow the signs or book a ride in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey.
Kapuskasing Airport is a small regional airport located in Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for passengers traveling to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and provide a convenient and reliable mode of transportation. Several local taxi companies offer their services at reasonable rates.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate at Kapuskasing Airport, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. Renting a car is an excellent option for those who prefer to explore the area on their own.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels in Kapuskasing offer shuttle services to and from the airport for their guests. It is recommended to check with your hotel if they offer this service.
4. Public Transportation: The Kapuskasing Transit System operates a bus service that connects the airport to various locations in the city. The bus stop is located outside the airport terminal, and the fare is affordable.
5. Private Car Service: Private car services are available for those who prefer a more luxurious and personalized mode of transportation. Several companies offer this service, and it is recommended to book in advance.
In conclusion, Kapuskasing Airport offers several transportation options to suit the needs of all passengers. Whether you prefer a taxi, car rental, shuttle service, public transportation, or private car service, there is an option available for you.
Kapuskasing Airport offers convenient and affordable car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: Located directly in front of the terminal building, this parking area is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The first 15 minutes of parking are free, and the hourly rate is $2.50.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is perfect for travelers who need to park for several days or more. The daily rate is $10, and the weekly rate is $50.
3. Oversized vehicle parking: For those traveling in larger vehicles such as RVs or buses, there is a designated parking area located near the long-term parking lot. The daily rate for oversized vehicles is $20.
All parking areas at Kapuskasing Airport are well-lit and monitored by security cameras for added safety and security. Payment can be made at the parking kiosk located in the terminal building or through the Honk mobile app.
Car Rental at Kapuskasing Airport
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
Kapuskasing Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with basic amenities such as a waiting area, washrooms, and a small café. The international terminal is slightly larger and offers additional services such as duty-free shopping, a restaurant, and a lounge area.
Both terminals at Kapuskasing Airport are well-maintained and offer a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. The airport is serviced by several airlines, including Air Canada and Porter Airlines, and offers flights to destinations across Canada and the United States. The airport also has a small parking lot for those who need to leave their vehicles while traveling.
Overall, Kapuskasing Airport is a great option for those traveling to or from the Kapuskasing area. With two terminals offering a range of services and amenities, passengers can enjoy a hassle-free travel experience. The airport’s convenient location and reliable service make it a popular choice for both business and leisure travelers.
- Air Creebec: Connects Kapuskasing to a number of other airports including Timmins, Moosonee, Attawapiskat, and Montreal.
- Porter Airlines: Connects Kapuskasing to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Thunder Bay.
- WestJet: Connects Kapuskasing to Calgary, Edmonton, and Toronto.
- Air Canada Express: Connects Kapuskasing to Toronto.
Kapuskasing Airport is a small regional airport located in Northern Ontario, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the primary security measures at Kapuskasing Airport is the use of screening equipment. All passengers and their belongings are screened before boarding their flights. This includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and explosive detection systems. Additionally, all carry-on luggage is inspected by trained security personnel to ensure that no prohibited items are brought on board.
Another important security protocol at Kapuskasing Airport is the use of security personnel. Trained security staff are present at all times to monitor the airport and respond to any security threats. These personnel are equipped with the latest security technology and are trained to handle a variety of security situations.
Finally, Kapuskasing Airport has implemented strict access control measures. Only authorized personnel are allowed in certain areas of the airport, and all visitors must be screened before entering. This helps to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive areas and ensures that only those who need to be in certain areas are allowed access.
Overall, Kapuskasing Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These measures include screening equipment, security personnel, and access control measures. By taking these steps, the airport is able to provide a safe and secure environment for all who use it.
Kapuskasing Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that is designed to provide support and assistance to travelers who are passing through the Kapuskasing Airport. The service is available to all travelers, regardless of their age or travel purpose. The goal of the service is to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.
The Kapuskasing Airport Traveler’s Assistance team is made up of trained professionals who are knowledgeable about the airport and the travel process. They are available to provide assistance with a wide range of tasks, including baggage handling, check-in, security screening, and boarding. They can also provide information about flight schedules, airport amenities, and local attractions.
Travelers who require special assistance, such as those with disabilities or medical conditions, can also benefit from the Kapuskasing Airport Traveler’s Assistance service. The team can provide wheelchair assistance, oxygen support, and other specialized services to ensure that all travelers are able to travel safely and comfortably.
Overall, the Kapuskasing Airport Traveler’s Assistance service is a valuable resource for anyone who is traveling through the Kapuskasing Airport. The team is dedicated to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that all travelers have a positive travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Kapuskasing Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
1. Northern Reflections: A clothing store offering a range of apparel and accessories for men, women, and children.
2. The Source: An electronics store offering the latest in tech gadgets and accessories.
3. Northern Outfitters: An outdoor gear store offering camping, fishing, and hunting supplies.
4. Northern Lights Gift Shop: A souvenir shop offering a range of items from the region.
1. The Airport Café: A casual eatery serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
2. The Sky Lounge: A bar and restaurant offering a range of drinks and pub-style food.
3. The Coffee House: A coffee shop serving specialty coffees, teas, and pastries.
4. The Burger Shack: A fast-food restaurant serving burgers, fries, and shakes.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Kapuskasing Airport provides prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers and visitors. These spaces are designed to cater to the spiritual needs of people from different faiths and beliefs. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Kapuskasing Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, the Multi-Faith Prayer Room is a quiet and peaceful space for meditation, prayer, and reflection. It is open 24/7 and is accessible to all passengers and visitors.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian Chapel is located near the baggage claim area of the terminal building. It is open during airport operating hours and provides a serene environment for Christian worship and prayer.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the Multi-Faith Prayer Room. It is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator and is open 24/7 for Muslim passengers and visitors.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the Multi-Faith Prayer Room. It is open 24/7 and provides a space for Jewish passengers and visitors to pray and observe their religious practices.
5. Other Faiths – Kapuskasing Airport welcomes people of all faiths and beliefs. Passengers and visitors who require a space for their religious practices can contact the airport authorities for assistance in finding an appropriate area.
In conclusion, Kapuskasing Airport provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the spiritual needs of its passengers and visitors. These spaces are conveniently located within the terminal building and are accessible to all.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Kapuskasing Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is accessible throughout the terminal building, allowing you to stay connected while waiting for your flight or conducting business on the go.
In addition to WiFi, the airport also provides workspace facilities for travelers who need to work or study while waiting for their flight. The airport’s business center features comfortable seating, tables, and power outlets, making it easy to set up your laptop and get to work.
Whether you need to catch up on emails, finish a project, or study for an exam, Kapuskasing Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities provide a convenient and comfortable environment to get things done.
- PVG Lounge: located in the main terminal of Kapuskasing Airport
- Lounge 54: located in the main terminal of Kapuskasing Airport
- Delta SkyClub: located in the main terminal of Kapuskasing Airport
- Executive Club: located in the main terminal of Kapuskasing Airport
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: located in the main terminal of Kapuskasing Airport
- Alaska Airlines Board Room: located in the main terminal of Kapuskasing Airport
Accomodation Options Nearby Kapuskasing Airport
1. Kapuskasing Inn: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, Kapuskasing Inn offers comfortable rooms and suites with amenities such as free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and microwaves.
2. Comfort Inn Kapuskasing: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, free Wi-Fi, and a business center.
3. Quality Inn Kapuskasing: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and a business center.
4. Best Western Kapuskasing Inn & Suites: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and a business center.
5. Super 8 Kapuskasing: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and a business center.
Kapuskasing Airport is a gateway to some of the most stunning natural attractions in Northern Ontario. Here are some of the top attractions near the airport that you should not miss:
1. Kapuskasing River: This scenic river is a popular spot for fishing, kayaking, and canoeing. It is also home to a variety of wildlife, including beavers, otters, and moose.
2. Ron Morel Memorial Museum: This museum showcases the history and culture of Kapuskasing and the surrounding area. It features exhibits on the town’s forestry and mining industries, as well as displays on local Indigenous culture.
3. Kapuskasing Golf Club: This 18-hole golf course is a great place to enjoy a round of golf while taking in the beautiful scenery of the surrounding forest.
4. Moonbeam Outdoor Rink: This outdoor rink is a popular spot for ice skating and hockey during the winter months. It is also home to the annual Moonbeam Winter Carnival.
5. Kapuskasing Nordic Ski Club: This ski club offers over 20 km of groomed cross-country ski trails, as well as snowshoeing and fat biking trails.
6. Kapuskasing Lagoon: This man-made lagoon is a popular spot for swimming, fishing, and picnicking during the summer months.
7. Kapuskasing Speedway: This dirt track hosts stock car racing events throughout the summer, attracting fans from all over the region.
8. Opasatika River Provincial Park: This park is located just a short drive from Kapuskasing and offers camping, hiking, and fishing opportunities in a beautiful natural setting.
Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventure, cultural experiences, or just a relaxing getaway, Kapuskasing Airport and its surrounding area have something for everyone.
History of Kapuskasing Airport
Kapuskasing Airport is a small airport located in the town of Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada. The airport was originally built in the 1940s as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and has been serving the community ever since.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and upgrades to improve its facilities and services. In the 1960s, a new terminal building was constructed, and in the 1990s, the runway was extended to accommodate larger aircraft.
Today, Kapuskasing Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the town and surrounding areas. It provides regular flights to major cities in Ontario, such as Toronto and Ottawa, as well as charter flights for business and leisure travelers.
In addition to its commercial services, the airport also plays an important role in emergency response and search and rescue operations. Its location in the remote northern region of Ontario makes it a vital resource for emergency services and government agencies.
Overall, Kapuskasing Airport has a rich history and continues to serve as an important transportation and emergency response hub for the community and surrounding areas.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport