Kashechewan Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Kashechewan in northern Ontario, Canada. It serves as a vital lifeline for the community, providing access to essential goods and services, as well as transportation for medical emergencies and other urgent needs.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Kashechewan Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Kashechewan Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Kashechewan Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Kashechewan Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Kashechewan Airport
Kashechewan Airport is located in the northern part of Ontario, Canada. The airport is primarily used for domestic flights and is accessible by air and water. The easiest way to get to Kashechewan Airport is by taking a flight from Timmins or Moosonee.
If you are traveling from Timmins, you can take a direct flight to Kashechewan Airport. The flight takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can take a flight from Moosonee, which is located approximately 160 kilometers south of Kashechewan. The flight from Moosonee takes approximately 30 minutes.
Another option to get to Kashechewan Airport is by water. You can take a boat from Moosonee to Kashechewan, which takes approximately 3 hours. However, this option is only available during the summer months when the water is not frozen.
In conclusion, the easiest and most convenient way to get to Kashechewan Airport is by taking a direct flight from Timmins or Moosonee. If you prefer to travel by water, you can take a boat from Moosonee during the summer months.
Kashechewan Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Kashechewan, Ontario. Despite its size and location, there are a few transportation options available for travelers who need to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available in Kashechewan and can be arranged to pick up travelers from the airport. It is recommended to book a taxi in advance to ensure availability.
2. Private Car: Private car services are available in the area and can be arranged to pick up travelers from the airport. This option is more expensive than a taxi but offers more comfort and convenience.
3. Public Transportation: There is no public transportation available in Kashechewan, so travelers will need to arrange for private transportation.
4. Rental Car: There are no rental car companies located at Kashechewan Airport, but rental cars can be arranged in nearby towns. It is recommended to book a rental car in advance to ensure availability.
5. Shuttle Service: Shuttle services are not available at Kashechewan Airport, but some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle services for their guests.
Overall, travelers to Kashechewan Airport have limited transportation options, but with some planning and preparation, it is possible to arrange for private transportation to and from the airport.
Kashechewan Airport has two car parks located near the terminal building.
The first car park is located on the left side of the terminal building and can be accessed via Airport Lane. This car park is open 24 hours a day and offers short-term and long-term parking. Short-term parking is available for a fee of $2.00 per hour or $10.00 per day. Long-term parking is available for a fee of $50.00 per week or $150.00 per month.
The second car park is located on the right side of the terminal building and can be accessed via Airport Lane. This car park is open 24 hours a day and offers long-term parking only. Long-term parking is available for a fee of $75.00 per week or $225.00 per month.
Both car parks offer convenient access to the airport terminal building, making it easy for passengers to park and get to their flight on time.
Car Rental at Kashechewan Airport
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent a Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Kashechewan Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Kashechewan, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for passengers and one for cargo. The passenger terminal is a small building with basic amenities such as washrooms, seating areas, and a small snack bar. The terminal is only open during scheduled flight times and is not staffed outside of these hours.
The cargo terminal is a larger building that is used to store and transport goods to and from the community. The terminal is equipped with loading docks and forklifts to assist with the loading and unloading of cargo. The cargo terminal is also used as a storage facility for emergency supplies such as food, water, and medical equipment.
The airport is primarily used by the community of Kashechewan and surrounding areas for travel to larger cities such as Timmins and Sudbury. The airport is serviced by one airline, Wasaya Airways, which operates scheduled flights to and from the community. Overall, Kashechewan Airport is a vital transportation hub for the remote community, providing access to essential goods and services, as well as connecting residents to the rest of the province.
- Air Canada: Connects Prince Albert to Toronto-Pearson and Winnipeg.
- WestJet: Connects Saskatoon to Calgary and Edmonton.
- Perimeter Aviation: Connects Regina to La Ronge and Saskatoon.
- SkyLink Express: Connects Saskatoon to Calgary and Edmonton.
- Canadian North: Connects Regina to Winnipeg and Edmonton.
- Transwest Air: Connects Saskatoon to La Ronge and La Loche.
- Central Mountain Air: Connects Saskatoon to Calgary and Edmonton.
- North Star Air: Connects Saskatoon to La Ronge.
- Summit Air: Connects Saskatoon to La Ronge and La Loche.
Kashechewan Airport is a small airport located in the remote northern region of Ontario, Canada. The airport serves the local community of Kashechewan and is primarily used for medical and emergency flights. Due to its remote location, security protocols at the airport are of utmost importance.
The airport has a strict security protocol in place to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding the aircraft. The screening process includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and physical searches if necessary. The airport also has a security team on-site to monitor the airport and ensure that all security protocols are being followed.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport has strict access control measures in place. Only authorized personnel are allowed to enter restricted areas of the airport, and all visitors must be escorted by an authorized person. The airport also has a perimeter fence and security cameras to monitor the airport’s surroundings.
Overall, Kashechewan Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented strict protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. These measures are necessary due to the airport’s remote location and the importance of the services it provides to the local community.
Kashechewan Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Kashechewan, Ontario. Due to its isolated location, travelers may face unique challenges when traveling to and from the airport. To assist travelers, the airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services.
One of the primary services offered at Kashechewan Airport is wheelchair assistance. This service is available to travelers who require assistance getting to and from their flights. The airport also provides assistance with baggage handling, ensuring that travelers’ luggage is safely transported to and from their flights.
In addition to these services, the airport also offers assistance with transportation to and from the airport. This can be particularly helpful for travelers who are unfamiliar with the area or who may not have access to their own transportation. The airport can arrange for taxis or other forms of transportation to pick up and drop off travelers at the airport.
Overall, Kashechewan Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make travel to and from the airport as smooth and stress-free as possible. By providing assistance with everything from wheelchair access to transportation, the airport helps ensure that all travelers can enjoy a safe and comfortable journey.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Hudson’s Bay: Located in the main terminal, Hudson’s Bay offers a wide selection of apparel, accessories, and home goods.
2. Tim Hortons: Located in the main terminal, Tim Hortons offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as breakfast sandwiches and other snacks.
3. Booster Juice: Located in the main terminal, Booster Juice offers a selection of freshly-made smoothies and juices.
4. KFC Express: Located in the main terminal, KFC Express offers a selection of fried chicken and other fast-food items.
5. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar: Located in the main terminal, The Keg Steakhouse & Bar offers a selection of steaks, seafood, and other entrees.
6. Starbucks: Located in the main terminal, Starbucks offers a selection of hot and cold beverages, as well as pastries and other snacks.
7. Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: Located in the main terminal, the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge offers a selection of hot and cold beverages, as well as light snacks.
8. Duty Free: Located in the main terminal, Duty Free offers a selection of spirits, tobacco, and other duty-free items.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Kashechewan Airport does not have any designated prayer rooms or worship areas on its premises. However, passengers are welcome to use the airport’s public spaces for personal prayer or meditation. Additionally, there are several places of worship located in the nearby community of Kashechewan, including St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, Our Lady of the Snows Roman Catholic Church, and the Kashechewan First Nation Pentecostal Church. Visitors are advised to check with the individual places of worship for their hours of operation and any specific guidelines or requirements for attendance.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Kashechewan Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Kashechewan, Ontario. Despite its size and location, the airport offers a few amenities for travelers who need to stay connected or get some work done.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers. The WiFi network is reliable and fast, allowing travelers to browse the internet, check their emails, or stay connected with their loved ones.
Workspace: While the airport does not have a dedicated workspace area, there are a few seating areas where travelers can set up their laptops and work. The airport is usually quiet, so it can be a good place to focus and get some work done.
Power Outlets: There are a few power outlets available throughout the airport, allowing travelers to charge their devices while waiting for their flight.
Overall, while Kashechewan Airport may not have all the amenities of a larger airport, it does offer some basic facilities for travelers who need to stay connected or get some work done.
- The Saskatoon Airport Lounge: Located in the Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport, this lounge offers a quiet atmosphere, complimentary snacks and beverages, and access to an Internet-enabled computer.
- The Best Western Airport Lounge: Located in the Regina International Airport, this lounge offers complimentary snacks and beverages, comfy seating, and access to an Internet-enabled computer.
- The Executive Lounge: Located in the Prince Albert International Airport, this lounge offers a variety of complimentary snacks and beverages, comfortable seating, and access to an Internet-enabled computer.
Accomodation Options Nearby Kashechewan Airport
1. Kashechewan Airport Hotel: Located within walking distance of the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary breakfast.
2. Kashechewan Airport Inn: This inn is conveniently located near the airport and offers comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary breakfast.
3. Kashechewan Airport Motel: This motel is located close to the airport and offers comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary breakfast.
4. Kashechewan Airport Hostel: This hostel is located near the airport and offers affordable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary breakfast.
5. Kashechewan Airport Bed & Breakfast: This bed & breakfast is located close to the airport and offers comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary breakfast.
Kashechewan Airport is located in the northern part of Ontario, Canada. Although the airport is small, there are several attractions nearby that visitors can explore. Here are some of the top attractions near Kashechewan Airport:
1. James Bay Coast: The James Bay Coast is a beautiful stretch of coastline that offers stunning views of the Hudson Bay. Visitors can take a boat tour to explore the area and see wildlife such as polar bears, beluga whales, and seals.
2. Moose Factory: Moose Factory is a historic town located on Moose River, just a short distance from Kashechewan Airport. Visitors can explore the town’s rich history by visiting the Cree Cultural Interpretive Centre, the Hudson’s Bay Company Store, and the historic Anglican Church.
3. Fort Albany: Fort Albany is a First Nations community located on the western shore of James Bay. Visitors can learn about the community’s history and culture by visiting the Fort Albany Heritage Centre and the St. Anne’s Anglican Church.
4. Polar Bear Provincial Park: Polar Bear Provincial Park is a remote wilderness area located on the coast of James Bay. Visitors can explore the park’s rugged terrain and see wildlife such as polar bears, caribou, and wolves.
5. Attawapiskat River: The Attawapiskat River is a popular destination for fishing and canoeing. Visitors can enjoy the scenic beauty of the river and catch fish such as walleye, northern pike, and whitefish.
Overall, Kashechewan Airport is a gateway to some of the most beautiful and remote areas of Ontario. Visitors can explore the region’s rich history and culture, enjoy outdoor activities such as fishing and canoeing, and see wildlife in their natural habitat.
History of Kashechewan Airport
Kashechewan Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Kashechewan, Ontario, Canada. The airport was built in the 1960s to provide access to the community, which is located on the shores of James Bay and is only accessible by air or water. The airport was originally built as a gravel runway, but has since been upgraded to an asphalt runway.
Over the years, the airport has played an important role in the community, providing access to medical services, supplies, and transportation for residents. It has also been used for emergency evacuations during floods and other natural disasters.
In recent years, the airport has faced challenges due to its remote location and limited resources. In 2017, the airport was temporarily closed due to safety concerns, but was reopened after upgrades were made to the runway and lighting system. Today, the airport continues to serve the community of Kashechewan and plays an important role in connecting residents to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport