Kelowna International Airport is a modern and efficient airport located in the heart of the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the region’s world-renowned wineries, ski resorts, and outdoor recreation opportunities. With over 1.8 million passengers annually, it is the 10th busiest airport in Canada.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Kelowna International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Kelowna International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Kelowna International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Kelowna International Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Kelowna International Airport
Kelowna International Airport is located in the heart of the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Canada. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking a taxi, or using public transportation.
If you are driving to the airport, take Highway 97 and follow the signs to the airport. There is plenty of parking available, including short-term and long-term options.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in Kelowna that offer airport transportation services. You can book a taxi in advance or simply hail one on the street.
For those who prefer public transportation, there are several bus routes that serve the airport. The Kelowna Regional Transit System operates several routes that stop at the airport, including Route 23 and Route 90.
No matter how you choose to get to Kelowna International Airport, be sure to plan ahead and allow plenty of time to get there. The airport recommends arriving at least two hours before your flight to allow time for check-in and security screening.
Kelowna International Airport is a busy airport located in the heart of the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the region’s many attractions, including wineries, ski resorts, and outdoor activities. If you’re traveling to or from Kelowna International Airport, there are several transportation options available to you.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport, and you can find them outside the terminal building. They are a convenient option if you’re traveling with a lot of luggage or if you’re in a hurry. The fare from the airport to downtown Kelowna is approximately $35.
2. Shuttle: Several shuttle companies operate at the airport, offering door-to-door service to your destination. They are a cost-effective option if you’re traveling with a group or if you’re on a budget. The fare from the airport to downtown Kelowna is approximately $20 per person.
3. Car rental: If you prefer to have your own transportation, several car rental companies operate at the airport. You can book a car in advance or at the airport, and rates vary depending on the type of vehicle and the length of your rental.
4. Public transportation: Kelowna Regional Transit operates several bus routes that serve the airport. The #23 bus runs between the airport and downtown Kelowna, and the fare is $2.50. The #97 bus runs between the airport and UBC Okanagan, and the fare is $2.50.
5. Limousine: If you’re looking for a luxurious transportation option, several limousine companies operate at the airport. They offer a range of vehicles, from sedans to stretch limousines, and can accommodate groups of all sizes.
No matter which transportation option you choose, you can be sure that you’ll arrive at your destination safely and comfortably. Kelowna International Airport is well-served by a variety of transportation options, making it easy to get to and from the airport.
Kelowna International Airport offers several parking options for travelers. Here are the different types of parking and where they are located:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it a convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time. The first 15 minutes are free, and the hourly rate is $3.50.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking lot is located a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The daily rate is $18, and a weekly rate is available for $90.
3. Valet Parking: This service is available for those who want the ultimate convenience. Simply drop off your car at the valet stand located in front of the terminal building, and it will be parked for you. The daily rate is $30, and a weekly rate is available for $150.
4. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a bit further from the terminal building, but it offers the most affordable parking rates. The daily rate is $15, and a weekly rate is available for $75.
No matter which parking option you choose, Kelowna International Airport makes it easy to park and fly.
Car Rental at Kelowna International Airport
- Thrifty Car Rental
- National Car Rental
Kelowna International Airport (YLW) is located in the heart of the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Canada. The airport has two terminals, the Main Terminal and the South Terminal. The Main Terminal is the larger of the two and serves domestic and international flights, while the South Terminal is used for general aviation and private aircraft.
The Main Terminal at YLW is a modern and spacious facility that offers a range of amenities for travelers. The terminal has a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as free Wi-Fi throughout the building. There are also several lounges available for passengers who want to relax before their flight, including a premium lounge for business and first-class travelers.
The South Terminal at YLW is a smaller facility that is primarily used for private aircraft and general aviation. The terminal has a comfortable waiting area and a small café, as well as a range of services for pilots and aircraft owners. These include fueling services, aircraft maintenance, and hangar rentals.
Overall, Kelowna International Airport is a modern and well-equipped facility that offers a range of services and amenities for travelers. Whether you are flying for business or pleasure, YLW is a convenient and comfortable airport that is sure to meet your needs.
- Air Canada
- Air Canada Rouge
- Alaska Airlines
- WestJet Encore
- United Airlines
- Central Mountain Air
- Flair Airlines
- Pacific Coastal Airlines
- Kelowna Flightcraft Air Charter
Kelowna International Airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. These protocols are in line with the regulations set by the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
All passengers are required to go through security screening before boarding their flight. This includes passing through metal detectors, having their carry-on baggage scanned, and possibly undergoing a full-body scan. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 100ml, will be confiscated.
In addition to passenger screening, Kelowna International Airport has also implemented measures to secure the airport perimeter and prevent unauthorized access. This includes the use of CCTV cameras, security patrols, and access control systems.
Overall, Kelowna International Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. Travelers can rest assured that their safety is a top priority at this airport.
Kelowna International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all passengers, including those with disabilities, medical conditions, or special requirements.
The airport’s traveler’s assistance services include wheelchair assistance, which is available upon request. Passengers can also request assistance with baggage handling, boarding, and deplaning. Additionally, the airport has a dedicated team of customer service representatives who are available to answer any questions or concerns that passengers may have.
For passengers with medical conditions or disabilities, Kelowna International Airport provides a range of specialized services. These include accessible parking, accessible washrooms, and assistance with medication and medical equipment. The airport also has a dedicated medical room staffed by trained medical professionals who can provide assistance in case of a medical emergency.
Overall, Kelowna International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. Whether you require wheelchair assistance, medical support, or simply need help with your luggage, the airport’s dedicated team of professionals is always on hand to assist you.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar: Enjoy a delicious meal of steak, seafood, and more at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar.
2. Starbucks: Get your favorite coffee drinks and snacks at the Starbucks located in the airport.
3. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory: Satisfy your sweet tooth with chocolates, fudge, and other treats from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
4. Hudson News: Pick up a magazine, book, or other reading material at Hudson News.
5. Duty Free: Shop for duty-free items such as liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics at the Duty Free store.
6. Roots: Find stylish clothing and accessories for men and women at Roots.
7. A&W: Get a classic burger and fries from A&W.
8. Booster Juice: Recharge with a healthy smoothie or juice from Booster Juice.
9. The Loop: Find unique souvenirs and gifts at The Loop.
10. Tim Hortons: Enjoy a cup of coffee and a snack from Tim Hortons.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Kelowna International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers who need a quiet space to pray or meditate. These areas are located in different parts of the airport and are easily accessible to all passengers. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Kelowna International Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – This room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the food court. It is open 24/7 and is available for use by people of all faiths. The room is equipped with prayer mats, chairs, and a washroom.
2. Christian Prayer Room – This room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the food court. It is open 24/7 and is available for use by Christian travelers. The room is equipped with chairs, a Bible, and a washroom.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – This room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the food court. It is open 24/7 and is available for use by Muslim travelers. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and a washroom.
4. Reflection Room – This room is located on the third floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open 24/7 and is available for use by people of all faiths. The room is equipped with chairs, a meditation cushion, and a washroom.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are designed to provide a peaceful and quiet space for travelers to pray or meditate. They are easily accessible and are open 24/7, making them convenient for passengers who need to use them at any time of the day or night.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Kelowna International Airport offers a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
For those who need to work while at the airport, Kelowna International Airport offers a number of workspace facilities. These include:
1. Business Centre: The airport’s business centre provides a quiet and comfortable space for travelers to work. The centre is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, and is located in the departures area.
2. Lounge Areas: The airport has several lounge areas where passengers can relax and work. These areas are equipped with comfortable seating, power outlets, and free WiFi.
3. Charging Stations: Kelowna International Airport has numerous charging stations throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to charge their devices while they work.
4. Meeting Rooms: The airport also has several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate groups of various sizes.
Overall, Kelowna International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
- Aeroplan Lounge: Located in the Domestic Terminal (Level 2)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: Located in the Domestic Terminal (Level 2)
- Plaza Premium Lounge: Located in the Domestic Terminal (Level 2)
Accomodation Options Nearby Kelowna International Airport
Kelowna International Airport offers a variety of accommodation options for travelers.
1. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kelowna Airport: Located just steps away from the airport, this hotel offers modern guest rooms and suites, complimentary breakfast, and a 24-hour fitness center.
2. Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites: This hotel is located just minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a heated outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
3. Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna: This hotel is located just a short drive away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a heated outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
4. Comfort Inn Kelowna Airport: This hotel is located just minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a heated outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
5. Super 8 by Wyndham Kelowna Airport: This hotel is located just a short drive away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a heated outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a complimentary hot breakfast.
1. Okanagan Lake: Located just a short drive from Kelowna International Airport, Okanagan Lake is a popular destination for swimming, boating, and fishing.
2. Myra Canyon Park: This beautiful park is home to a historic railway trestle and offers hiking and biking trails with stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
3. Kelowna Farmers’ and Crafters’ Market: Held every Saturday morning, this market features local produce, crafts, and artisanal goods.
4. Kelowna Art Gallery: This contemporary art gallery showcases works by local and international artists, as well as traveling exhibitions.
5. Mission Hill Family Estate Winery: This award-winning winery offers tours and tastings, as well as a stunning outdoor terrace with panoramic views of the Okanagan Valley.
6. Big White Ski Resort: Just a short drive from the airport, this popular ski resort offers world-class skiing and snowboarding, as well as a variety of other winter activities.
7. Kelowna City Park: This waterfront park features a sandy beach, playgrounds, and picnic areas, as well as a seasonal water park and outdoor skating rink.
8. Kelowna Golf and Country Club: This picturesque golf course offers 18 holes of challenging play, as well as a clubhouse with dining and event facilities.
9. Kelowna Museums: The city is home to several museums, including the Okanagan Heritage Museum, the BC Wine Museum, and the Okanagan Military Museum.
10. Knox Mountain Park: This scenic park offers hiking trails with stunning views of the city and the lake, as well as picnic areas and a playground.
History of Kelowna International Airport
Kelowna International Airport (YLW) is located in the heart of the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Canada. The airport was first established in 1946 as a small airstrip with a single gravel runway. Over the years, the airport has undergone several expansions and upgrades to meet the growing demand for air travel in the region.
In 1960, the airport was officially designated as a customs airport, allowing for international flights to land and take off. In the 1980s, the airport underwent a major expansion, which included the construction of a new terminal building, runway extensions, and the addition of new parking facilities.
Today, Kelowna International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Western Canada, serving over 2 million passengers annually. The airport is home to several major airlines, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Alaska Airlines, and offers non-stop flights to destinations across Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
In recent years, the airport has continued to invest in upgrades and expansions to improve the passenger experience and accommodate the growing demand for air travel in the region. These include the addition of new parking facilities, the expansion of the terminal building, and the construction of a new runway. Kelowna International Airport is an important economic driver for the region, providing jobs and supporting local businesses.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport