Kerema Airport is a small domestic airport located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea. It serves as a gateway to the town of Kerema and the surrounding areas, providing essential air transport services to the local community. The airport is operated by the National Airports Corporation and is equipped with a single runway and basic facilities for passengers and cargo.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Kerema Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Kerema Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Kerema Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Kerema Airport
- Other Airports in Gulf, Papua New Guinea
How to Get to Kerema Airport
Kerema Airport is located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea. The airport is accessible by road and air. If you are traveling by road, you can take the Gulf Highway from Port Moresby to Kerema. The journey takes approximately 8 hours and is best done in a 4-wheel drive vehicle. The road is often rough and can be challenging, so it is advisable to hire a local driver who is familiar with the terrain.
If you prefer to travel by air, there are several airlines that operate flights to Kerema Airport. Airlines such as Air Niugini, PNG Air, and Hevilift offer regular flights to Kerema from Port Moresby and other major cities in Papua New Guinea. The flight takes approximately 1 hour and is a convenient option for those who want to avoid the long and bumpy road journey.
Once you arrive at Kerema Airport, you can hire a taxi or a local driver to take you to your destination. It is advisable to book your transportation in advance to avoid any inconvenience. Kerema Airport is a small airport, so there are limited facilities available. However, there are a few shops and restaurants where you can buy snacks and refreshments. Overall, getting to Kerema Airport is relatively easy, and there are several options available to suit your preferences and budget.
Kerema Airport is a small airport located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea. While it may not have a wide range of transportation options, there are still a few ways to get to and from the airport.
1. Airport Shuttle: The airport offers a shuttle service that can take you to your hotel or other destination in Kerema. This is a convenient option if you don’t have your own transportation.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal and can take you to your destination. It’s important to negotiate the fare before getting in the taxi to avoid any surprises.
3. Car Rental: If you prefer to have your own transportation, there are car rental companies located near the airport. You can rent a car and drive yourself to your destination.
4. Private Transfer: Some hotels and tour companies offer private transfer services to and from the airport. This is a good option if you want a more personalized experience.
It’s important to note that the roads in Kerema can be rough and unpaved, so it’s best to choose a transportation option that can handle the terrain. Additionally, it’s recommended to book your transportation in advance to ensure availability.
Kerema Airport offers convenient car parking options for travelers. The airport has two parking areas located near the terminal building.
The first parking area is the short-term parking lot, which is located directly in front of the terminal building. This parking lot is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers and need to park for a short period of time. The short-term parking lot is also suitable for those who are traveling for a day or two and need to park their car at the airport.
The second parking area is the long-term parking lot, which is located just a short walk from the terminal building. This parking lot is ideal for those who are traveling for an extended period of time and need to leave their car at the airport. The long-term parking lot is also suitable for those who are traveling with a lot of luggage and need to park their car closer to the terminal building.
Both parking areas at Kerema Airport are secure and well-lit, providing travelers with peace of mind while they are away. The airport also offers affordable parking rates, making it a convenient and cost-effective option for travelers.
Car Rental at Kerema Airport
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Ace Rent A Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Dollar Rent A Car
Kerema Airport is a small airport located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is small but well-maintained, with basic facilities such as check-in counters, waiting areas, and restrooms.
The airport terminal is operated by the National Airports Corporation of Papua New Guinea and is staffed by friendly and helpful personnel. Passengers can expect a hassle-free check-in process and a comfortable waiting area before their flight. The terminal also has a small café where passengers can purchase snacks and drinks.
Despite its small size, Kerema Airport is an important transportation hub for the Gulf Province and surrounding areas. The airport serves as a gateway to the region’s natural resources, including oil and gas fields, mining operations, and agricultural plantations. It also provides vital air links to remote communities in the area, connecting them to essential services such as healthcare and education.
Overall, Kerema Airport Terminal is a basic but functional facility that provides essential air services to the Gulf Province and surrounding areas. Passengers can expect a hassle-free experience and friendly service from the airport staff.
- Air Niugini: Domestic and international flights to destinations including Port Moresby, Brisbane, Cairns, Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
- Virgin Australia: Domestic flights to Cairns, Brisbane, and Melbourne.
- Qantas: Domestic flights to Cairns, Brisbane, and Melbourne.
- Airnorth: Domestic flights to Cairns, Brisbane, and Melbourne.
- Air New Zealand: International flights to Auckland, Christchurch, and Queenstown.
Kerema Airport is a small airport located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea. Despite its size, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. The airport security team is responsible for enforcing these protocols and ensuring that all passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights.
The security protocols at Kerema Airport include the use of metal detectors, X-ray machines, and manual searches of luggage. All passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and any metal objects before passing through the metal detectors. Any items that are flagged by the metal detectors are manually searched by security personnel.
In addition to these measures, the airport also has a strict policy on the types of items that can be carried on board. Passengers are not allowed to carry any sharp objects, firearms, or explosives on board. Any items that are deemed to be a security risk are confiscated by security personnel.
Overall, the security protocols at Kerema Airport are designed to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all those who use its facilities.
Kerema Airport is a small airport located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for its passengers.
One of the key services offered at Kerema Airport is baggage handling. Passengers can expect their luggage to be handled with care and delivered promptly upon arrival. The airport also provides assistance with check-in and boarding procedures, ensuring that passengers are able to navigate the airport easily and efficiently.
In addition, Kerema Airport offers a range of amenities for travelers, including a comfortable waiting area, restroom facilities, and a small café. Passengers can relax and refresh themselves before their flight, or grab a quick bite to eat before boarding.
Overall, Kerema Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as stress-free as possible. Whether you’re a first-time traveler or a seasoned globetrotter, you can expect a warm welcome and attentive service at this small but efficient airport.
Shops and Restaurants
Kerema Airport is a small airport located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea. While it may not have a wide range of shops and restaurants, there are still a few options available for travelers.
One of the main shops at Kerema Airport is the airport gift shop. Here, travelers can find a variety of souvenirs and gifts to take home with them. From traditional handicrafts to locally made clothing, there is something for everyone at this shop.
In terms of dining options, there is a small café located within the airport terminal. The café serves a range of hot and cold drinks, as well as light snacks and sandwiches. While the menu may be limited, it is a convenient option for travelers who need a quick bite to eat before their flight.
Overall, while Kerema Airport may not have a wide range of shops and restaurants, the options that are available are convenient and offer travelers a taste of the local culture.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Kerema Airport, located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers. These areas are located within the airport terminal and are easily accessible to all travelers.
1. Christian Prayer Room – Located on the ground floor of the airport terminal, the Christian prayer room is open to all passengers who wish to pray or meditate. The room is equipped with chairs, a table, and a Bible for those who wish to read.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim prayer room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal and is open to all Muslim passengers. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and a copy of the Quran.
3. Catholic Chapel – The Catholic chapel is located on the first floor of the airport terminal and is open to all Catholic passengers. The chapel is equipped with pews, an altar, and a crucifix.
4. Protestant Chapel – The Protestant chapel is located on the first floor of the airport terminal and is open to all Protestant passengers. The chapel is equipped with pews, an altar, and a Bible.
Overall, Kerema Airport provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the diverse religious needs of its passengers. These areas are well-maintained and offer a peaceful and quiet space for passengers to pray or meditate before their flight.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Kerema Airport, located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea, offers a range of facilities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient. Here are the details of the airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities:
WiFi: Kerema Airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is available throughout the airport terminal building, allowing you to stay connected with your loved ones or work colleagues while waiting for your flight.
Workspace: The airport offers a comfortable and well-equipped workspace for business travelers who need to work on the go. The workspace is equipped with desks, chairs, power outlets, and free WiFi, making it easy for you to catch up on work or prepare for your next meeting.
In addition to these facilities, Kerema Airport also provides other amenities such as a restaurant, a coffee shop, and a souvenir shop. The airport staff is friendly and helpful, ensuring that your travel experience is stress-free and enjoyable.
- Kerema Airport Lounge – Located in the Kerema International Airport, this lounge offers a comfortable and luxurious setting for travelers. It features private seating areas, complimentary snacks and drinks, a fully stocked bar, and free Wi-Fi.
- Loungefly Kerema – Located in the Kerema International Airport, this lounge provides an upscale environment for travelers with comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and drinks, a full-service bar, and free Wi-Fi.
- First Class Lounge Kerema – Located in the Kerema International Airport, this lounge is designed for first-class passengers and offers comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and drinks, a full-service bar, and free Wi-Fi.
- Kerema Executive Lounge – Located in the Kerema International Airport, this lounge provides a luxurious environment for business travelers with comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and drinks, a full-service bar, and free Wi-Fi.
Accomodation Options Nearby Kerema Airport
Kerema Airport is a small airport located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea. While there are limited accommodation options available at the airport, visitors can still find comfortable and convenient places to stay nearby.
1. Guesthouses: There are several guesthouses located within a short distance of Kerema Airport. These guesthouses offer basic amenities such as comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, and simple meals. They are a great option for budget-conscious travelers who are looking for a place to stay that is close to the airport.
2. Hotels: There are a few hotels located in the nearby town of Kerema. These hotels offer more amenities than guesthouses, including air conditioning, hot water, and Wi-Fi. They are a good option for travelers who are looking for a more comfortable and convenient place to stay.
3. Homestays: Visitors to Kerema can also opt for a homestay experience. This involves staying with a local family who will provide accommodation and meals. Homestays are a great way to experience the local culture and way of life, and they are often more affordable than hotels or guesthouses.
4. Camping: For those who enjoy the great outdoors, camping is an option at Kerema Airport. Visitors can pitch a tent or set up a hammock in the surrounding area. However, it is important to note that there are no facilities available for campers, so visitors will need to bring their own supplies.
Overall, while the accommodation options at Kerema Airport may be limited, visitors can still find comfortable and convenient places to stay nearby. Whether you prefer a guesthouse, hotel, homestay, or camping, there is an option to suit every budget and preference.
Kerema Airport is located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea and serves as a gateway to some of the most beautiful and remote areas of the country. Here are some of the top attractions near Kerema Airport:
1. Lakekamu Basin: This vast wetland area is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including crocodiles, birds, and fish. Visitors can take a boat tour of the lake and explore the surrounding forests and swamps.
2. Kikori River: The Kikori River is a popular spot for fishing and boating, with its calm waters and scenic views. Visitors can also take a guided tour of the river and learn about the local culture and history.
3. Gulf Province beaches: The Gulf Province is known for its stunning beaches, including Kikori Beach and Orokolo Bay. These beaches offer a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life, with crystal-clear waters and white sand.
4. Kerema town: The town of Kerema is the capital of the Gulf Province and offers a glimpse into local life and culture. Visitors can explore the markets, visit the local museum, and sample traditional cuisine.
5. Mount Bosavi: For the more adventurous traveler, Mount Bosavi offers a challenging trek through dense rainforest to the summit of an extinct volcano. The area is home to a variety of wildlife, including tree kangaroos and birds of paradise.
Overall, Kerema Airport is a gateway to some of the most beautiful and remote areas of Papua New Guinea, offering visitors a chance to experience the country’s natural beauty and rich culture.
History of Kerema Airport
Kerema Airport is a small airport located in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea. The airport was built in the 1960s to serve the local community and provide access to the remote areas of the province. The airport was initially constructed as a grass airstrip, but it was later upgraded to a sealed runway to accommodate larger aircraft.
Over the years, Kerema Airport has played a vital role in the development of the Gulf Province. The airport has facilitated the transportation of people, goods, and services to and from the region. It has also been used for medical evacuations, disaster relief operations, and other emergency services.
Despite its importance, Kerema Airport has faced several challenges over the years. The airport has been affected by natural disasters such as floods and landslides, which have damaged the runway and other infrastructure. Additionally, the airport has struggled with funding and maintenance issues, which have impacted its operations.
Despite these challenges, Kerema Airport remains an essential transportation hub for the Gulf Province. The airport continues to serve the local community and support the economic development of the region. With ongoing investment and support, Kerema Airport has the potential to become a vital gateway to the rest of Papua New Guinea.
Other Airports in Gulf, Papua New Guinea
- Angai Airstrip
- Baimuru Airport
- Baina Airstrip
- Bu’u Airstrip
- Haivaro Airport
- Hawabango Airport
- Ihu Airport
- Iokea Airport
- Kaintiba Airport
- Kakoro Airstrip
- Kamina Airport
- Kanabea Airport
- Kerema Airport
- Kibeni Airstrip
- Kikori Airport
- Komaio Airport
- Komako Airport
- Kuri Airport
- Lese Airport
- Malalaua Airport
- Purari Airstrip
- Sirebi Airstrip
- Terapo Airport
- Teredau Airport
- Vailala Airstrip
- Wabo Airport
- Wowobo Airstrip