Khartoum International Airport is the largest airport in Sudan and serves as the main gateway to the country. It is located approximately 8 kilometers southeast of the city center and handles both domestic and international flights.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Khartoum International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Khartoum International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Khartoum International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Khartoum International Airport
- Other Airports in Khartoum State, Sudan
How to Get to Khartoum International Airport
Khartoum International Airport is located approximately 8 kilometers southeast of the city center. The easiest way to get to the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked through a hotel or taxi company. The journey from the city center to the airport takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Another option is to take a bus. The airport is served by several bus routes, including the number 7 and 10 buses. These buses run from various locations in the city and are a cheaper option than a taxi. However, they can be crowded and may not be the most comfortable option if you have a lot of luggage.
If you are driving to the airport, there is a large parking lot available for both short-term and long-term parking. The parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building and is easily accessible from the main road. It is recommended to arrive at the airport at least two hours before your flight to allow enough time for check-in and security procedures.
Khartoum International Airport, located in the capital city of Sudan, offers several transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are the most common transportation options available:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They are a convenient and affordable way to get to your destination. It is recommended to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, offering a range of vehicles to suit different needs and budgets. It is advisable to book in advance to ensure availability.
3. Airport Shuttle: Some hotels and tour operators offer airport shuttle services to their guests. These shuttles are usually pre-booked and can be a convenient way to get to your hotel.
4. Public Transportation: Public buses and minibusses operate from the airport to different parts of the city. However, they can be crowded and not very comfortable for travelers with luggage.
5. Private Transfers: Private transfer services are available for those who prefer a more comfortable and personalized transportation option. These services can be booked in advance and offer door-to-door service.
Overall, Khartoum International Airport offers a range of transportation options to suit different needs and budgets. Travelers should choose the option that best suits their requirements and budget.
Khartoum International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are higher than other parking options.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are more affordable than short-term parking.
3. Valet parking: This parking option is located at the entrance of the terminal building and offers a convenient way for travelers to drop off their car and have it parked for them. The rates for valet parking are higher than other parking options.
4. VIP parking: This parking area is located near the VIP lounge and is reserved for VIP travelers. The rates for VIP parking are higher than other parking options.
5. Disabled parking: This parking area is located near the terminal building and is reserved for travelers with disabilities. It offers easy access to the terminal building and is free of charge.
Overall, Khartoum International Airport offers a range of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need to park for a short or long period of time, or require special assistance, there is a parking option available for you.
Car Rental at Khartoum International Airport
Khartoum International Airport is the main airport in Sudan and serves as a hub for several airlines. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the older of the two and is used for domestic flights, while Terminal 2 is used for international flights.
Terminal 1 has a capacity of around 2 million passengers per year and has several facilities such as restaurants, cafes, and duty-free shops. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for business and first-class passengers. The terminal is well-maintained and has a modern design, making it a comfortable and convenient place for passengers to wait for their flights.
Terminal 2 is the newer of the two terminals and has a capacity of around 6 million passengers per year. The terminal has several facilities such as restaurants, cafes, and duty-free shops. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for business and first-class passengers. The terminal is spacious and has a modern design, making it a comfortable and convenient place for passengers to wait for their flights.
Overall, Khartoum International Airport’s terminals are well-equipped and provide a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. The airport is constantly improving its facilities and services to ensure that passengers have a pleasant experience while traveling.
1. Sudan Airways
2. Ethiopian Airlines
3. Turkish Airlines
7. Kenya Airways
9. Gulf Air
10. Air Arabia
11. Qatar Airways
12. Jazeera Airways
13. Royal Jordanian
14. Eritrean Airlines
15. Badr Airlines
16. Tarco Airlines
17. Nova Airways
19. Air Cairo
20. Nile Air.
Khartoum International Airport is the main airport in Sudan and serves as a gateway to the country for international travelers. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. These protocols are in line with international standards and are regularly reviewed and updated to keep up with changing security threats.
Passengers are required to go through several security checks before boarding their flights. These checks include baggage screening, metal detector scans, and body searches. The airport also uses advanced technology such as X-ray machines and explosive detection systems to detect any potential threats.
In addition to these measures, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and responding to any security incidents. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
Overall, Khartoum International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of all those who pass through its doors. Passengers can feel confident that they are in safe hands when traveling through this airport.
Khartoum International Airport is the main airport in Sudan and serves as a gateway to the country for international travelers. The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers. These services include baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and immigration and customs clearance.
Passengers with special needs can avail of wheelchair assistance at the airport. The airport staff is trained to provide assistance to passengers with disabilities or mobility issues. The airport also has designated parking spaces for passengers with disabilities.
The airport offers a range of dining and shopping options for passengers. There are several restaurants, cafes, and shops located throughout the airport. Passengers can also avail of duty-free shopping at the airport.
Overall, Khartoum International Airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for passengers. The airport staff is friendly and helpful, and the facilities are modern and well-maintained. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, Khartoum International Airport is a great choice for your travel needs.
Shops and Restaurants
Khartoum International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
1. Duty-Free Shop – offers a wide range of products including perfumes, cosmetics, electronics, and souvenirs.
2. Bookstore – stocks a selection of books, magazines, and newspapers.
3. Gift Shop – sells traditional Sudanese handicrafts, clothing, and accessories.
4. Convenience Store – provides snacks, drinks, and travel essentials.
1. Coffee Shop – serves a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as light snacks and pastries.
2. Fast Food Outlets – includes popular chains such as KFC and Pizza Hut.
3. Restaurant – offers a range of international and local cuisine, including Sudanese specialties.
4. Bar – serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as light snacks.
Overall, Khartoum International Airport provides a range of shopping and dining options to cater to the needs of travelers passing through the airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Khartoum International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors to use. These areas are located throughout the airport and are easily accessible to all.
1. Main Terminal Prayer Room: Located on the ground floor of the main terminal, this prayer room is open 24 hours a day and is available to all passengers and visitors. It is equipped with prayer mats, ablution facilities, and a Quran for those who wish to read.
2. Departure Lounge Prayer Room: This prayer room is located in the departure lounge and is accessible to passengers who have passed through security. It is open 24 hours a day and is equipped with prayer mats, ablution facilities, and a Quran.
3. Arrival Lounge Prayer Room: This prayer room is located in the arrival lounge and is accessible to all passengers and visitors. It is open 24 hours a day and is equipped with prayer mats, ablution facilities, and a Quran.
4. VIP Lounge Prayer Room: This prayer room is located in the VIP lounge and is accessible to passengers who have access to the lounge. It is open 24 hours a day and is equipped with prayer mats, ablution facilities, and a Quran.
5. Mosque: The airport also has a mosque located outside the main terminal building. It is open for prayers five times a day and is accessible to all passengers and visitors.
Overall, Khartoum International Airport provides several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors to use. These areas are well-maintained and equipped with all the necessary facilities to ensure a comfortable and peaceful prayer experience.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Khartoum International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media accounts, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work while waiting for their flight, Khartoum International Airport offers a number of comfortable and well-equipped workspaces. These include business lounges, which provide a quiet and professional environment for working, as well as a range of cafes and restaurants that offer seating areas with power outlets and free WiFi.
In addition, the airport also provides a number of charging stations throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to keep their devices fully charged and ready for use.
Overall, Khartoum International Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers, providing a range of options for staying connected and productive while on the go.
Khartoum International Airport offers several lounges for travelers to relax in before their flight. Here are the lounges located at the airport:
- Amira Lounge – Located in the Departures Hall after Passport Control
- Yasmin Lounge – Located in the Departures Hall after Passport Control
- Al-Bashir Lounge – Located in the Departures Hall after Passport Control
Accomodation Options Nearby Khartoum International Airport
1. Transit Lounge:
For those looking for a budget accommodation option, the Khartoum International Airport offers a Transit Lounge. These lounges provide basic amenities such as comfortable seating, charging stations, and Wi-Fi access. You can rest here during a layover or while waiting for your next flight.
2. Airport Hotels:
Near the airport premises, you will find various hotels that cater to different budgets and preferences. These hotels provide convenient access to the airport, allowing you to relax and rest before or after your flight. They offer a range of rooms, from budget-friendly options to more luxurious accommodations, ensuring there is something for every traveler.
3. Guest Houses:
If you prefer a more local experience, several guest houses offer comfortable and affordable accommodations near Khartoum International Airport. These guest houses often feature well-furnished rooms with basic amenities and personalized services. They provide a cozy atmosphere for solo travelers or small groups.
4. Executive Suites:
For travelers seeking a more luxurious stay, several executive suites are available near the airport. These suites offer elegant and spacious rooms equipped with modern amenities, including high-speed internet, flat-screen TVs, and minibars. With their premium services and additional facilities, they ensure a comfortable and indulgent experience.
For those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the airport, there are resorts located a short distance away. These tranquil havens offer a serene environment, often with lush gardens, pools, and spa facilities. These resorts provide premium amenities and extensive services, ensuring a luxurious and relaxing stay during your time in Khartoum.
6. Boutique Hotels:
Khartoum International Airport also has a selection of boutique hotels nearby, offering a blend of style, intimacy, and personalized service. These boutique accommodations often have unique designs, attention to detail, and offer a more personalized experience compared to larger hotels. They are an excellent option for those seeking a charming and intimate stay.
No matter your preferences or budget, Khartoum International Airport provides a wide range of accommodation options to cater to all travelers’ needs. Whether you choose a budget-friendly lounge, a cozy guest house, a luxurious executive suite, or a serene resort, you will find the perfect place to rest and rejuvenate during your time in Khartoum.
1. National Museum of Sudan: Located just 20 minutes away from Khartoum International Airport, the National Museum of Sudan offers a fascinating insight into the country’s rich history and cultural heritage. Visitors can explore the extensive collection of archaeological artifacts, including ancient Nubian sculptures and Egyptian relics.
2. Nile Street: Situated along the banks of the majestic Nile River, Nile Street is a bustling promenade that offers stunning views and a lively atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy a leisurely walk, dine at waterfront restaurants, or simply relax while watching the sunset.
3. Omdurman Souq: As one of Africa’s largest open-air markets, Omdurman Souq is a vibrant hub of activity where visitors can immerse themselves in Sudanese culture. Here, you can find a diverse range of goods, including traditional handicrafts, spices, fabrics, and exotic street food.
4. Presidential Palace: Standing as a symbol of political power, the Presidential Palace is an impressive architectural landmark located in Khartoum. While access to the palace may be restricted, its grandeur can still be appreciated from outside, amidst well-manicured gardens.
5. Tuti Island: Situated in the confluence of the Blue and White Nile rivers, Tuti Island offers a serene escape from the bustling city. Visitors can take a boat ride to explore the island’s lush landscapes, enjoy picnics, or observe the local wildlife, including a variety of colorful birds.
6. Khartoum Opera House: An important cultural venue, the Khartoum Opera House hosts various events, including theatre performances, concerts, and art exhibitions. It is an excellent place to experience Sudanese creativity and talent.
7. Al-Mogran Family Park: A perfect spot for families, Al-Mogran Family Park is a well-maintained recreational area offering beautifully landscaped gardens, jogging tracks, and playgrounds. Visitors can also enjoy boat rides on the river or indulge in local snacks at the park’s cafes.
8. Friendship Hall: A significant landmark in the city, Friendship Hall is an architectural marvel that often hosts international conferences, exhibitions, and trade shows. The striking design and expansive interior make it worth a visit, even if there are no events taking place.
9. Al-Hussein Mosque: One of Khartoum’s most prominent religious structures, Al-Hussein Mosque showcases beautiful Islamic architectural features. Visitors can immerse themselves in a tranquil, spiritual atmosphere while appreciating the intricate calligraphy and colorful mosaics.
10. Sudan National Archives and Library: History enthusiasts will appreciate the wealth of information housed within the Sudan National Archives and Library. Displaying a vast collection of documents, manuscripts, and maps, the institution offers visitors a deeper understanding of Sudan’s past.
It’s important to note that some attractions may have specific visiting hours or require prior arrangements, so it is advisable to check availability and any necessary information before planning your visit.
History of Khartoum International Airport
Khartoum International Airport is the largest airport in Sudan and serves as the main gateway to the country. The airport was first established in 1941 as a military airfield during World War II. It was later expanded and upgraded to accommodate commercial flights in the 1950s.
Throughout the years, Khartoum International Airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to keep up with the growing demand for air travel. In 2005, a new terminal was constructed to replace the old one, which had become outdated and overcrowded. The new terminal features modern facilities and amenities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges.
Khartoum International Airport has played a significant role in the development of Sudan’s aviation industry. It has served as a hub for several airlines, including Sudan Airways, which was the country’s national carrier until it ceased operations in 2013. Today, the airport is served by several international airlines, including Emirates, Turkish Airlines, and Ethiopian Airlines, among others.
Overall, Khartoum International Airport has a rich history and continues to play a vital role in connecting Sudan to the rest of the world. Its modern facilities and strategic location make it an important hub for air travel in the region.
Other Airports in Khartoum State, Sudan