King Abdulaziz International Airport is the main airport serving Jeddah, the second-largest city in Saudi Arabia. It is one of the busiest airports in the country, handling millions of passengers every year. The airport is named after King Abdulaziz Al Saud, the founder of modern Saudi Arabia.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to King Abdulaziz International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at King Abdulaziz International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby King Abdulaziz International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of King Abdulaziz International Airport
- Other Airports in Makkah Region, Saudi Arabia
How to Get to King Abdulaziz International Airport
King Abdulaziz International Airport is located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, or public transportation. If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from the city center via the King Fahd Road. There are also several parking options available at the airport, including short-term and long-term parking.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies that operate in Jeddah and offer service to the airport. You can either hail a taxi on the street or book one in advance through a taxi app or by calling a taxi company directly. The journey from the city center to the airport typically takes around 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Finally, if you prefer to take public transportation, there are several bus routes that serve the airport. The Jeddah Metro is also currently under construction and is expected to provide direct service to the airport once it is completed. Overall, getting to King Abdulaziz International Airport is relatively easy and convenient, with several transportation options available to suit your needs.
King Abdulaziz International Airport, located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The fare is metered and can vary depending on the distance traveled.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Hertz, and Budget. Renting a car is a great option if you plan on exploring the city on your own.
3. Shuttle bus: Some hotels and resorts offer shuttle bus services to and from the airport. Check with your hotel to see if they offer this service.
4. Public transportation: The airport is connected to the city’s public transportation system, which includes buses and trains. This is a more affordable option, but may not be as convenient as other options.
5. Private transfer: Private transfer services are available for those who prefer a more luxurious and personalized experience. These services can be booked in advance and will take you directly to your destination.
No matter which transportation option you choose, King Abdulaziz International Airport has plenty of choices to suit your needs and budget.
King Abdulaziz International Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Terminal Parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the airport terminal and is ideal for short-term parking. It offers both covered and uncovered parking spaces.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period. It offers both covered and uncovered parking spaces.
3. VIP Parking: This parking area is located near the terminal and is reserved for VIP travelers. It offers covered parking spaces and a dedicated shuttle service to the terminal.
4. Valet Parking: This parking service is located at the terminal entrance and offers a convenient option for travelers who want to drop off their car and have it parked for them. It offers covered parking spaces and a dedicated valet service.
5. Cargo Parking: This parking area is located near the cargo terminal and is reserved for cargo trucks and vehicles. It offers both covered and uncovered parking spaces.
Overall, King Abdulaziz International Airport offers a range of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, covered or uncovered parking, or a VIP or valet service, there is a parking option available for you.
Car Rental at King Abdulaziz International Airport
King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA) is the main airport serving Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The airport has four terminals, each serving different types of flights and passengers.
Terminal 1 is the oldest and largest terminal, serving international flights from airlines such as Emirates, Turkish Airlines, and British Airways. It has 46 gates and is equipped with modern facilities such as duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges.
Terminal 2 is dedicated to domestic flights and is used by Saudi Arabian Airlines and Flynas. It has 22 gates and offers similar amenities to Terminal 1.
Terminal 3 is the newest terminal, opened in 2016, and is exclusively used by Saudia Airlines. It has 46 gates and is designed to handle up to 30 million passengers annually. The terminal features state-of-the-art technology, including self-check-in kiosks and automated baggage handling systems.
Terminal 4 is a private terminal used by the Saudi royal family and VIPs. It has its own runway and is not accessible to the public.
Overall, KAIA’s terminals offer a comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers, with modern facilities and advanced technology. The airport is constantly expanding and improving its infrastructure to meet the growing demand for air travel in the region.
4. Etihad Airways
5. Qatar Airways
6. Turkish Airlines
7. Air India
8. Pakistan International Airlines
9. Gulf Air
11. Royal Jordanian
12. Kuwait Airways
13. Oman Air
14. Ethiopian Airlines
15. Kenya Airways
16. Air France
18. British Airways
19. Cathay Pacific
20. Korean Air
21. China Southern Airlines
22. Philippine Airlines
23. SriLankan Airlines
24. Air China
25. Thai Airways
26. Singapore Airlines
27. Garuda Indonesia
28. Malaysia Airlines
29. Royal Brunei Airlines
30. Air Mauritius
32. Air Astana
33. Azerbaijan Airlines
34. Uzbekistan Airways
35. Nordwind Airlines
36. Rossiya Airlines
38. Air Cairo
39. Iraqi Airways
40. Syrian Air
41. Yemenia Airways.
King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA) is one of the busiest airports in the Middle East, serving millions of passengers every year. As such, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the most notable security measures at KAIA is the use of advanced screening technology. All passengers and their luggage are screened using state-of-the-art equipment, including X-ray machines, metal detectors, and explosive detection systems. Additionally, security personnel are stationed throughout the airport to monitor activity and respond to any potential threats.
KAIA also has a comprehensive security plan in place to address emergency situations. The airport has a dedicated emergency response team that is trained to handle a variety of scenarios, including natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and medical emergencies. The airport also has a robust communication system in place to ensure that all relevant parties are notified and can respond quickly in the event of an emergency.
Overall, KAIA’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport’s commitment to security is evident in its investment in advanced technology, highly trained personnel, and comprehensive emergency response plans. As a result, passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through KAIA.
King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA) is one of the busiest airports in Saudi Arabia, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for its passengers, KAIA offers a range of traveler’s assistance services. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all types of travelers, including those with disabilities, families with young children, and elderly passengers.
One of the key services offered by KAIA is wheelchair assistance. Passengers who require wheelchair assistance can request it at the time of booking or upon arrival at the airport. The airport has a team of trained staff who provide assistance to passengers with mobility issues, ensuring that they are able to navigate the airport comfortably and safely.
KAIA also offers a range of services for families with young children. These include baby strollers, baby changing facilities, and dedicated play areas for children. The airport also has a range of restaurants and cafes that offer child-friendly menus and facilities.
For elderly passengers, KAIA offers a range of services such as priority boarding, assistance with luggage, and dedicated seating areas. The airport also has a medical center that provides medical assistance to passengers who require it.
Overall, KAIA’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible for all passengers. Whether you are traveling with young children, have mobility issues, or require medical assistance, KAIA has a range of services to cater to your needs.
Shops and Restaurants
King Abdulaziz International Airport is a bustling hub of activity, with a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the top options available:
1. Al-Fursan Lounge: This luxurious lounge offers a range of high-end products, including perfumes, cosmetics, and accessories.
2. Al-Maktaba Bookstore: For book lovers, this store offers a wide range of books in both Arabic and English.
3. Al-Mutawakkil: This store offers a range of traditional Saudi Arabian products, including perfumes, oud, and incense.
4. Al-Rifai: This store specializes in nuts and dried fruits, offering a range of healthy snacks for travelers.
5. Al-Shefa Pharmacy: For travelers in need of medication or other health products, this pharmacy offers a range of options.
1. Burger King: This popular fast-food chain offers a range of burgers, fries, and other classic American fare.
2. Cinnabon: For those with a sweet tooth, Cinnabon offers a range of delicious cinnamon rolls and other baked goods.
3. Costa Coffee: This coffee shop offers a range of hot and cold drinks, as well as sandwiches and pastries.
4. KFC: Another popular fast-food chain, KFC offers a range of fried chicken and other classic American fare.
5. Starbucks: This well-known coffee chain offers a range of hot and cold drinks, as well as sandwiches and pastries.
Overall, King Abdulaziz International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers, whether they are looking for luxury products or quick and convenient meals.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is a major hub for Muslim travelers from around the world. To cater to the needs of these travelers, the airport has several prayer rooms and worship areas located throughout the terminal.
1. Main Mosque: The main mosque is located in the central area of the airport, near the departure gates. It is a large, spacious mosque that can accommodate hundreds of worshippers at a time.
2. Domestic Mosque: The domestic mosque is located in the domestic terminal, near the departure gates. It is a smaller mosque that is designed to cater to the needs of domestic travelers.
3. International Mosque: The international mosque is located in the international terminal, near the departure gates. It is a spacious mosque that is designed to cater to the needs of international travelers.
4. Prayer Rooms: In addition to the main mosques, the airport also has several prayer rooms located throughout the terminal. These prayer rooms are smaller than the mosques and are designed for individual or small group prayers.
5. Women’s Prayer Rooms: The airport also has separate prayer rooms for women, located in both the domestic and international terminals. These prayer rooms are designed to provide a private and comfortable space for women to pray.
Overall, King Abdulaziz International Airport has a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the needs of Muslim travelers. Whether you are traveling domestically or internationally, there is a mosque or prayer room available to help you fulfill your religious obligations.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive travel experience.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, or stream videos without any interruptions.
For passengers who need to work or study during their layover, the airport offers several workspace facilities. These include:
1. Business Lounges:
The airport has several business lounges that offer comfortable seating, workstations, and charging points. These lounges are equipped with high-speed WiFi, printers, and scanners, making it easy for passengers to work or hold meetings.
2. Meeting Rooms:
The airport has several meeting rooms that can be rented by the hour. These rooms are equipped with projectors, screens, and audiovisual equipment, making them ideal for business meetings or presentations.
3. Quiet Zones:
For passengers who need a quiet space to work or relax, the airport has designated quiet zones. These areas are equipped with comfortable seating and power outlets, making them ideal for working or catching up on some rest.
Overall, King Abdulaziz International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive travel experience. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected, the airport has everything you need to make the most of your time there.
King Abdulaziz International Airport (JED) offers several lounges for travelers looking to relax and enjoy their time in the airport. The following are a list of lounges found at JED:
- VIP Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
- Al Saha Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
- First Class Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
- Tadawul Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
- Al Fursan Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
- Al Maha Lounge – Located in the Arrival Hall
- Flynas Lounge – Located in the Arrival Hall
- SkyTeam Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
Accomodation Options Nearby King Abdulaziz International Airport
1. Unwind Hotel & Spa: Located within the airport premises, Unwind Hotel & Spa offers travelers a convenient and affordable accommodation option. Featuring well-furnished rooms and a range of spa facilities, this hotel provides a relaxing ambiance at an affordable price.
2. Transit Lounge: If you’re looking for a cost-effective and practical option, the Transit Lounge is an ideal choice. Located in various terminals within King Abdulaziz International Airport, these lounges offer comfortable seating areas, accessible power outlets, and complimentary refreshments, allowing travelers to rest between flights.
3. Sleep Pods: For a budget-friendly resting option, sleep pods are available within the airport. These compact and private sleeping units provide a quiet space for travelers to catch up on some much-needed rest. Equipped with charging facilities and privacy blinds, these pods offer a basic yet comfortable overnight stay.
4. Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah: Located adjacent to the airport, the Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah offers a luxurious stay for discerning travelers. With elegant rooms, a variety of dining options, a fitness center, and a swimming pool, this hotel provides a high-quality experience for those seeking comfort and indulgence.
5. Crowne Plaza Jeddah: Within close proximity to the airport, Crowne Plaza Jeddah offers premium accommodation with modern amenities. Featuring spacious rooms, multiple dining options, a well-equipped fitness center, and a rooftop pool, this upscale hotel ensures a luxurious and enjoyable stay for guests.
6. Jeddah Airport Hotel: Situated directly in the airport complex, Jeddah Airport Hotel provides convenient access to the terminal buildings. With comfortable rooms, a fitness center, and complimentary airport transfers, this hotel caters to travelers seeking convenience without compromising on quality.
7. Hilton Jeddah: Another upscale option located nearby, the Hilton Jeddah boasts luxurious rooms, fine dining experiences, a private beach, and a range of recreational facilities. With thoughtful amenities, exceptional service, and a tranquil ambiance, this hotel offers a lavish retreat to travelers seeking an opulent stay.
8. The Ritz-Carlton Jeddah: For those looking for the epitome of luxury, The Ritz-Carlton Jeddah offers a truly extravagant experience. This majestic hotel blends traditional Arabian hospitality with modern elegance, featuring stunning rooms, world-class dining options, a private beach, and an opulent spa. Immerse yourself in refinement and splendor at this prestigious accommodation choice.
Whether you’re seeking affordable convenience or extravagant indulgence, King Abdulaziz International Airport offers diverse accommodation options to cater to every traveler’s needs. Plan your stay according to your preferences and budget, ensuring a comfortable and memorable experience.
1. Makkah Clock Royal Tower: Located only 70 kilometers away from King Abdulaziz International Airport, Makkah Clock Royal Tower is a stunning structure that stands tall as one of the world’s largest and most exquisite clock towers. It is also home to the Abraj Al Bait Mall, offering a multitude of upscale shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
2. Jeddah Corniche: Situated around 23 kilometers from the airport, the Jeddah Corniche is a picturesque waterfront promenade that stretches along the Red Sea coast. Visitors can enjoy a pleasant stroll, indulge in delicious seafood at the numerous restaurants, or even embark on a boat trip to explore the beautiful marine life.
3. Floating Mosque: The Floating Mosque, officially known as The King Fahd Fountain, is an iconic landmark located approximately 15 kilometers from the airport. With its unique design and mesmerizing water displays, it offers visitors a glimpse of architectural brilliance and tranquility.
4. Old Jeddah (Al-Balad): A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Old Jeddah is just a short distance of approximately 29 kilometers from the airport. This historic neighborhood features traditional coral-stone buildings, vibrant souks, and charming narrow alleys, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in Jeddah’s rich cultural heritage.
5. King Fahd Public Library: Less than 10 kilometers from the airport, the King Fahd Public Library is a treasure trove for knowledge seekers. With its vast collection of books, rare manuscripts, and a modern architectural design, it attracts visitors who appreciate intellectual pursuits and stunning aesthetics.
6. Fakieh Aquarium: Situated around 25 kilometers away, the Fakieh Aquarium offers a perfect getaway for families and marine life enthusiasts. This popular attraction showcases a wide variety of exotic fish, dolphins, and even a penguin enclosure, ensuring an exciting and educational experience for all ages.
7. Red Sea Mall: Located only a short distance from the airport, Red Sea Mall is one of Jeddah’s premier shopping destinations. Boasting a wide range of international brands, entertainment options, and delicious dining outlets, this mall provides endless entertainment and retail therapy for visitors.
8. King Abdulaziz Historical Center: Approximately 12 kilometers from the airport, the King Abdulaziz Historical Center is a must-visit for history buffs. It offers insight into the life and accomplishments of King Abdulaziz, the founder of the modern Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, through intriguing exhibits and informative displays.
9. Atallah Happy Land Park: Situated around 17 kilometers away, Atallah Happy Land Park is a popular family-friendly amusement park that promises fun-filled adventures for all ages. With thrilling rides, entertaining shows, and a lively atmosphere, it guarantees an unforgettable day of joy and laughter.
10. Mall of Arabia: Just a short drive from the airport, Mall of Arabia boasts its claim as one of the largest malls in Saudi Arabia. With a vast array of retail outlets, dining options, and a state-of-the-art cinema, visitors can enjoy a delightful shopping experience at this modern and luxurious destination.
History of King Abdulaziz International Airport
King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA) is the main airport serving Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It was named after King Abdulaziz Al Saud, the founder of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The airport was first opened in 1981 and has since undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines.
In 2019, KAIA handled over 41 million passengers, making it the third busiest airport in Saudi Arabia and one of the busiest airports in the Middle East. The airport has two main terminals, North and South, which are connected by a central area that houses various shops, restaurants, and other amenities.
KAIA has played a significant role in the development of Jeddah and the surrounding region. It has helped to boost tourism and trade, as well as facilitate the movement of people and goods across the world. The airport has also won several awards for its services and facilities, including the Best Airport in the Middle East award in 2019.
Other Airports in Makkah Region, Saudi Arabia