King Mswati III International Airport is the main airport of Eswatini, located in the capital city of Mbabane. It serves as a gateway to the country, connecting it to various international destinations. The airport is named after King Mswati III, the current monarch of Eswatini.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to King Mswati III International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at King Mswati III International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby King Mswati III International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of King Mswati III International Airport
- Other Airports in Lubombo, Eswatini
How to Get to King Mswati III International Airport
King Mswati III International Airport is the main airport in Eswatini, located in the city of Manzini. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your location and preferences.
If you are coming from the capital city of Mbabane, the easiest way to get to the airport is by car. The journey takes approximately 30 minutes and there are several car rental companies available in the city. Alternatively, you can take a taxi or a private transfer service.
If you are coming from the city of Manzini, where the airport is located, you can take a taxi or a private transfer service. The journey takes approximately 10 minutes and there are several taxi ranks available in the city.
If you are coming from outside of Eswatini, you can fly into Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo International Airport and then take a connecting flight to King Mswati III International Airport. There are several airlines that operate flights to Eswatini, including South African Airways, British Airways, and Ethiopian Airlines.
Overall, getting to King Mswati III International Airport is relatively easy and straightforward, with several transportation options available depending on your location and preferences.
King Mswati III International Airport is the main airport serving the Kingdom of Eswatini. It is located in the town of Sikhuphe, approximately 60 kilometers southeast of the capital city of Mbabane. The airport offers several transportation options for travelers to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The fares are reasonable, and the drivers are knowledgeable about the area.
2. Car Rentals: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, including Avis, Europcar, and Hertz. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the country on your own.
3. Shuttle Services: Shuttle services are available for travelers who prefer a more comfortable and private mode of transportation. These services can be booked in advance and are a great option for groups or families.
4. Public Transport: Public transport is available from the airport to the nearby towns and cities. Buses and minibusses are the most common modes of public transport in Eswatini.
5. Private Transfers: Private transfers are available for travelers who want a more personalized and luxurious experience. These services can be booked in advance and are a great option for business travelers or those who want to avoid the hassle of public transport.
In conclusion, King Mswati III International Airport offers several transportation options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you prefer a taxi, car rental, shuttle service, public transport, or private transfer, you can find a convenient and affordable way to get to your destination.
King Mswati III International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. The airport has both short-term and long-term parking facilities located conveniently close to the terminal building.
The short-term parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. This lot is perfect for dropping off or picking up passengers, as well as for those who need to park for a short business trip.
The long-term parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. This lot is perfect for travelers who are going on vacation or leaving for an extended business trip.
Both the short-term and long-term parking lots are secure and well-lit, with 24-hour surveillance to ensure the safety of parked vehicles. The parking rates are affordable and competitive, making it easy for travelers to park their vehicles without breaking the bank.
In addition to the standard parking options, King Mswati III International Airport also offers valet parking services for those who prefer a more convenient parking experience. The valet parking service is available at the terminal building entrance and allows travelers to drop off their vehicles and have them parked for them.
Overall, King Mswati III International Airport offers a range of convenient and affordable parking options for travelers, making it easy to park and fly without any hassle.
Car Rental at King Mswati III International Airport
King Mswati III International Airport is the main airport in Eswatini, formerly known as Swaziland. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is smaller and less busy than the international terminal, which is the main hub for all international flights to and from Eswatini.
The international terminal at King Mswati III International Airport is modern and well-equipped with all the necessary facilities for passengers. It has a spacious check-in area, immigration and customs counters, duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for business and first-class passengers, which offers a comfortable and luxurious experience.
The airport has a single runway and can accommodate large aircraft such as Boeing 747 and Airbus A380. The airport is located in the capital city of Mbabane and is easily accessible by road. The airport is also well-connected to other major cities in the region, including Johannesburg, Durban, and Maputo. Overall, King Mswati III International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that provides a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
1. Eswatini Airlink
2. South African Airways
3. Ethiopian Airlines
5. British Airways
9. Qatar Airways
10. Kenya Airways
11. Air Tanzania
12. Malawian Airlines
14. Air Zimbabwe
15. SA Express
16. Air Botswana
17. Air Namibia
18. TAAG Angola Airlines
19. LAM Mozambique Airlines
20. Proflight Zambia.
King Mswati III International Airport is the main airport in Eswatini, formerly known as Swaziland. The airport is located in the capital city of Mbabane and serves as a gateway to the country for both domestic and international travelers. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers, staff, and airport facilities.
The security protocols at King Mswati III International Airport include a range of measures such as baggage screening, passenger screening, and access control. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights. The airport uses state-of-the-art technology to scan luggage and detect any prohibited items. Passengers are also required to go through metal detectors and body scanners to ensure that they are not carrying any dangerous items.
Access control is another important security measure at the airport. Only authorized personnel are allowed to enter restricted areas such as the runway and the control tower. The airport also has a security team that patrols the airport premises to ensure that there are no security breaches.
In addition to these measures, the airport has also implemented a range of safety protocols to prevent accidents and emergencies. The airport has a fire department that is equipped with modern firefighting equipment and trained personnel. The airport also has emergency response teams that are trained to handle medical emergencies and other types of emergencies.
Overall, King Mswati III International Airport has implemented a comprehensive security and safety program to ensure the safety of all passengers, staff, and airport facilities. The airport’s security protocols are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure that they are in line with international standards.
King Mswati III International Airport is the main airport in Eswatini, formerly known as Swaziland. The airport is located in the city of Manzini and serves as a gateway to the country for both domestic and international travelers. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience, the airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services.
One of the key services offered at King Mswati III International Airport is baggage handling. The airport has a team of trained professionals who are responsible for handling and transporting luggage to and from the aircraft. This ensures that travelers do not have to worry about their bags and can focus on their journey.
Another important service provided at the airport is immigration assistance. The airport has dedicated immigration officers who are available to assist travelers with immigration procedures, including visa applications and passport control. This helps to expedite the immigration process and reduce waiting times for travelers.
In addition to these services, King Mswati III International Airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including wheelchair assistance, medical assistance, and language translation services. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all travelers, regardless of their age, ability, or language proficiency. Overall, King Mswati III International Airport is committed to providing a safe, efficient, and comfortable travel experience for all its passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
King Mswati III International Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport located in the city of Manzini, Swaziland. The airport offers a range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers.
1. Duty-Free Shop: The airport’s duty-free shop offers a wide range of products, including perfumes, cosmetics, chocolates, and liquor. Passengers can enjoy tax-free shopping and save money on their purchases.
2. Souvenir Shop: The souvenir shop offers a variety of Swazi handicrafts, including traditional clothing, jewelry, and wood carvings. It is the perfect place to buy gifts for friends and family.
3. Bookstore: The airport’s bookstore offers a range of books, magazines, and newspapers. Passengers can browse through the latest bestsellers or pick up a travel guide to Swaziland.
1. Coffee Shop: The airport’s coffee shop serves a range of hot and cold beverages, including coffee, tea, and smoothies. Passengers can also enjoy a selection of sandwiches, pastries, and cakes.
2. Restaurant: The airport’s restaurant offers a range of local and international cuisine. Passengers can enjoy a hearty breakfast, a light lunch, or a delicious dinner before their flight.
3. Bar: The airport’s bar serves a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Passengers can relax with a cold beer or a glass of wine before their flight.
In conclusion, King Mswati III International Airport offers a range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Passengers can enjoy tax-free shopping, buy souvenirs, and dine on local and international cuisine before their flight.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
King Mswati III International Airport, located in the capital city of Mbabane, Swaziland, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors of different faiths. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim prayer room is located on the ground floor of the airport terminal, near the baggage claim area. It is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and ablution facilities.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian chapel is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. It is open to all Christian denominations and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – The multi-faith prayer room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. It is open to people of all faiths and provides a peaceful environment for prayer and meditation.
4. Traditional Swazi Worship Area – The traditional Swazi worship area is located outside the airport terminal, near the parking lot. It is a sacred space for Swazi people to perform their traditional rituals and ceremonies.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are maintained by the airport authorities and are available for use 24/7. They are designed to accommodate the diverse religious needs of passengers and visitors, and to promote a culture of respect and tolerance.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
King Mswati III International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media accounts, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work while waiting for their flight, the airport offers a number of comfortable and well-equipped workspaces. These include private meeting rooms, business lounges, and workstations with power outlets and charging points.
Business Lounges: The airport has several business lounges that offer a quiet and comfortable environment for travelers to work or relax. These lounges are equipped with comfortable seating, workstations, and complimentary refreshments.
Meeting Rooms: The airport also has several meeting rooms that can be booked in advance for business meetings or conferences. These rooms are equipped with audio-visual equipment, high-speed internet, and other amenities to ensure a productive and successful meeting.
Overall, King Mswati III International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to meet the needs of modern travelers. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable during your time at the airport.
King Mswati III International Airport is one of the most notable airports in the world, offering a variety of luxurious lounges for travelers. Here is a list of King Mswati III International Airport Lounges and their locations:
- Jabula Lounge – Located in the main terminal
- Skyway Lounge – Located in the main terminal
- Club Africa Lounge – Located in the domestic terminal
- Kulula Lounge – Located in the domestic terminal
- Royal Swazi Spa Lounge – Located in the international terminal
Accomodation Options Nearby King Mswati III International Airport
King Mswati III International Airport, located in the beautiful Hhohho region of Swaziland, offers a range of accommodation options to cater to diverse traveler needs. Whether you are on a budget or seeking luxury, you can find suitable accommodations near the airport. Here’s a comprehensive list of the available options:
1. Budget accommodations: For those looking for affordable lodging options, there are several guesthouses and hostels near the airport. These budget-friendly accommodations offer clean and comfortable rooms at an economical price, making them an ideal choice for travelers on a tight budget.
2. Mid-range hotels: King Mswati III International Airport also offers a number of mid-range hotels, providing a balance between comfort and affordability. These hotels generally provide spacious rooms, modern amenities, and sometimes even fitness centers or swimming pools for guests to enjoy during their stay.
3. Luxury accommodations: If you prefer a more refined experience, you can find luxury accommodations near the airport that offer an indulgent stay. These establishments boast elegant rooms with upscale furnishings, impeccable service, and a wide range of amenities such as spas, fine dining restaurants, and premium recreational facilities.
4. Airport hotels: For the utmost convenience, there are a few excellent options right at the airport itself. These hotels cater specifically to transit passengers or those with early or late flights, offering comfortable rooms and convenient access to the airport terminals.
5. Nearby resorts and lodges: If you are seeking a tranquil and scenic retreat, there are beautiful resorts and lodges situated close to King Mswati III International Airport. These establishments often provide picturesque surroundings, outdoor activities, and serene spa facilities, allowing you to unwind and relax amidst nature’s beauty.
It’s important to note that while King Mswati III International Airport does not have a broad range of accommodations directly within its grounds, the nearby area provides ample options for all budgets and preferences. With its diverse range of accommodations, travelers can choose the one that best suits their needs and enjoy a comfortable stay in this delightful region of Swaziland.
1. Ezulwini Valley: Located just 15 minutes away from King Mswati III International Airport, Ezulwini Valley is a picturesque and popular tourist destination. It offers stunning landscapes, cultural experiences, and a range of recreational activities like horseback riding, hiking, and golfing.
2. Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary: Known as the “Jewel of Swaziland,” this sanctuary is located around 40 minutes from the airport. It offers a unique opportunity to witness Swaziland’s diverse wildlife, including zebras, giraffes, and antelopes. Visitors can explore the park through guided walking or biking tours.
3. Mantenga Cultural Village: This authentic Swazi village is situated only 25 minutes away from the airport. Visitors have the chance to experience Swazi culture and traditions firsthand, with performances of traditional dances, songs, and storytelling. The village also offers guided tours showcasing Swazi art and crafts.
4. Swazi Candles Craft Market: A true symbol of Swazi creativity, the Swazi Candles Craft Market is located just 20 minutes away. Visitors can witness local artisans creating beautiful handmade candles, browse through a wide selection of unique crafts, and even try their hand at candle-making.
5. Sibebe Rock: Famous for being the second-largest freestanding rock in the world, Sibebe Rock is an impressive natural attraction located near the airport. Hiking to the top of this granite rock offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
6. Hlane Royal National Park: Situated approximately an hour’s drive from the airport, Hlane Royal National Park provides an opportunity to spot the Big Five (lions, elephants, rhinos, leopards, and buffalos) and other wildlife. It offers guided game drives and bush walks in a picturesque and untouched setting.
7. Ngwenya Glass Factory: Located around 45 minutes from the airport, the Ngwenya Glass Factory is a must-visit for art enthusiasts. Watch skilled artisans transform recycled glass into exquisite handcrafted pieces, and browse through their collection of beautiful glassware, ornaments, and jewelry.
8. Malolotja Nature Reserve: Just over an hour’s drive from the airport, the Malolotja Nature Reserve is a pristine wilderness area with stunning mountain scenery, rivers, and waterfalls. Adventurous visitors can enjoy hiking trails, birdwatching, and even abseiling down waterfalls.
9. The Gables Shopping Centre: For those looking for some retail therapy, The Gables Shopping Centre is a modern shopping complex located just 10 minutes from the airport. It offers a wide range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, making it a convenient stop for travelers.
10. Mbabane Market: Located in the capital city of Swaziland, Mbabane, this bustling market is a vibrant hub of activity. Just a short drive from the airport, it offers a unique shopping experience with stalls selling traditional handicrafts, textiles, and fresh produce. Visitors can also sample local street food specialties.
History of King Mswati III International Airport
King Mswati III International Airport is the main airport in Swaziland, located in the capital city of Mbabane. The airport was originally built in 1954 as a small airstrip for light aircraft, but it was later expanded and upgraded to accommodate larger planes. In 2014, the airport was renamed in honor of King Mswati III, who has been the reigning monarch of Swaziland since 1986.
Over the years, King Mswati III International Airport has undergone several renovations and upgrades to improve its facilities and services. In 2010, a new terminal building was constructed to replace the old one, which had become outdated and overcrowded. The new terminal features modern amenities such as duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges for passengers.
The airport serves as a hub for several airlines, including South African Airways, British Airways, and Airlink. It offers flights to several destinations in Africa, including Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Nairobi. In recent years, the airport has seen an increase in passenger traffic, with more than 200,000 passengers passing through its gates annually. With its modern facilities and strategic location, King Mswati III International Airport is an important gateway to Swaziland and the wider African continent.
Other Airports in Lubombo, Eswatini