Kings Airstrip is a small airfield located in New Zealand, catering mainly to general aviation and recreational flying. Situated in a picturesque rural setting with easy access to nearby towns, it serves as a convenient gateway for private pilots and aviation enthusiasts exploring the natural wonders and scenic beauty of the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Kings Airstrip
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Kings Airstrip
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Kings Airstrip
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Kings Airstrip
- Other Airports in Canterbury Region, New Zealand
How to Get to Kings Airstrip
To get to Kings Airstrip in New Zealand, you have a few travel options available. The airstrip is located near the town of Glenorchy, about 50 kilometers (31 miles) from Queenstown. If you prefer to fly, you can book a direct flight to Queenstown Airport from major New Zealand cities such as Auckland, Wellington, or Christchurch. From Queenstown Airport, you can hire a car or catch a shuttle service to Kings Airstrip, which takes approximately 45 minutes.
Alternatively, if you prefer driving, you can rent a car from Queenstown and make your way to Glenorchy. The drive is approximately 45 kilometers (28 miles) from Queenstown, taking you through picturesque landscapes and offering stunning views along the way. Once you reach Glenorchy, Kings Airstrip is just a short distance away.
Additionally, there are bus services available from Queenstown to Glenorchy. These services run several times a day and offer convenient transportation. Once in Glenorchy, you can easily access Kings Airstrip by taxi or by foot, as it is situated close to the town center.
Regardless of your chosen mode of transport, it is wise to check the current local transportation schedules to ensure you have accurate information before planning your journey to Kings Airstrip, New Zealand.
When it comes to transportation options near Kings Airstrip in New Zealand, visitors have a few reliable choices to explore. Located in the beautiful countryside, this small airstrip serves as a gateway to various scenic destinations in the region. While limited in terms of direct transportation options, here are some practical ways to get around:
1. Rental Cars: Renting a car is a popular and flexible option for travelers. Kings Airstrip is conveniently located near several car rental agencies where visitors can hire a vehicle to explore the surrounding areas at their own pace. Having a car allows for greater freedom and independence to take in the stunning landscapes, quaint towns, and tourist attractions, making it a convenient choice for those seeking adventure.
2. Taxis and Rideshares: For those who do not wish to drive or prefer a more convenient option, taxis and rideshare services are available in the region. This allows visitors to reach nearby attractions or be transported to their accommodation hassle-free. Services like Uber and local taxi companies are a reliable option to consider, particularly for shorter distances or when convenience is a priority.
3. Private Shuttles: Private shuttle services are another viable option for transportation from Kings Airstrip. These services are often pre-booked, providing a reliable means of transportation to and from specific destinations. Private shuttles are particularly convenient for larger groups or families who prefer a comfortable and exclusive mode of transportation.
4. Public Transportation: While public transportation options may be limited near Kings Airstrip, there are bus services available in some areas. It is advisable to check local schedules and routes in advance, as the availability and frequency of services may vary. Public transportation can be a cost-effective option for those who want to explore nearby towns or attractions, but it may require more planning and time.
5. Airport Transfers: Many accommodations and tour operators offer airport transfer services, simplifying transportation for visitors. Guests can arrange for a pick-up or drop-off from Kings Airstrip directly to their accommodation or desired destination. This option adds convenience and peace of mind, particularly for those unfamiliar with the area or looking to reduce travel logistics.
Although the transportation options near Kings Airstrip may be limited, visitors can still find reliable ways to explore the region, making their trip convenient and enjoyable. Whether opting for car rentals, taxis, shuttles, or pre-arranged transfers, travelers can choose the option that best suits their needs and preferences, ensuring a smooth and fulfilling experience in New Zealand’s picturesque countryside.
There are several car parking options available near Kings Airstrip in New Zealand. Located in the picturesque region of Kings, the following parking facilities cater to visitors and travelers heading to this popular airstrip:
1. Kings Airstrip Parking: Situated adjacent to the airstrip, this designated parking area offers convenient access to the airport. With ample space and well-marked lanes, this parking lot ensures a hassle-free experience for both short-term and long-term parking. It provides a safe and secure place to leave your vehicle while you enjoy your trip.
2. Kings Commercial Parking: Found within close proximity to Kings Airstrip, this parking facility is primarily tailored to serve business travelers. Equipped with state-of-the-art security measures like CCTV cameras and regular patrols, this parking area guarantees the safety of your vehicle during your absence. It is easily accessible and offers both covered and open-air parking spaces.
3. Kings Residential Parking: Catering to the residents of the nearby residential areas, this parking option allows locals to park their vehicles comfortably while they enjoy their travel or attend to their daily routines. Conveniently located near Kings Airstrip, this parking facility includes designated spots for residents, ensuring easy accessibility and peace of mind.
4. Kings Long-term Parking: For those planning an extended trip or leaving their car at Kings Airstrip for an extended period, the long-term parking area is an ideal choice. It provides secure and reliable parking options, allowing you to leave your vehicle for an extended duration without worrying about its safety. This parking facility offers cost-effective rates and is a short distance away from the airstrip.
5. Kings Temporary Parking: Designed for short stays and quick drop-offs, this parking area caters to individuals who require parking for a brief duration. It conveniently accommodates those dropping off or picking up passengers, making it a convenient option for visitors traveling through Kings Airstrip.
Overall, Kings Airstrip in New Zealand offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of different travelers. Whether you are a resident, business traveler, or occasional visitor, these parking facilities near Kings Airstrip provide convenient, safe, and accessible parking solutions.
Car Rental at Kings Airstrip
King’s Airstrip, located in New Zealand, is a small yet significant airport that serves as a vital gateway to the stunning King’s region. It is a single-terminal airport, serving both domestic and international flights. Despite its small size, King’s Airstrip offers a range of amenities and services to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for its passengers.
The terminal at King’s Airstrip is modern and well-designed, providing a hassle-free travel experience. Passengers can find all the necessary facilities within the terminal, including check-in counters, baggage claim areas, and security checkpoints. Additionally, the terminal houses various shops, restaurants, and duty-free outlets, allowing travelers to indulge in last-minute shopping or grab a quick bite before their flight.
What sets King’s Airstrip apart is its efficient and friendly staff who are always ready to assist passengers. They provide excellent customer service, ensuring a smooth flow of operations and assisting travelers with any queries or concerns they may have. The airport’s dedication to passenger comfort is evident in the clean and well-maintained facilities, as well as the ample seating areas provided throughout the terminal.
Ultimately, King’s Airstrip Terminal offers a convenient and enjoyable travel experience for all its passengers. Whether local or international, travelers can expect quality services, modern facilities, and a warm Kiwi welcome. This small yet efficient airport is a gateway to the enchanting King’s region, making it an essential transportation hub for exploring the wonders of New Zealand.
Kings Airstrip in New Zealand follows stringent security protocols designed to ensure the safety and well-being of its passengers, employees, and aircraft. These protocols are essential in maintaining a secure environment and to meet international aviation standards.
At Kings Airstrip, security begins prior to arrival with effective perimeter control measures employed to restrict unauthorized access to the premises. Access points are limited, and only authorized personnel are granted entry after thorough identity verification. Regular patrols conducted by trained security personnel help deter any potential security threats throughout the facility.
Baggage screening plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety of passengers and aircraft. Kings Airstrip employs state-of-the-art technology to screen all checked and carry-on baggage. These systems use advanced imaging technologies and explosive detection methods to identify any prohibited items that may pose a risk to aviation security. This thorough screening process provides peace of mind to passengers and allows for a smooth and efficient travel experience.
Additionally, Kings Airstrip closely collaborates with local law enforcement agencies and aviation security authorities to enhance security measures. This collaboration includes information sharing, joint drills and exercises, and extensive training to keep security personnel up-to-date with the latest security protocols. This proactive approach ensures a coordinated response in case of any security incidents or emergencies, further bolstering the safety of Kings Airstrip.
By adhering to these robust security protocols, Kings Airstrip maintains its commitment to providing a secure and seamless travel experience for all passengers, while ensuring that the highest standards of aviation security are upheld.
Kings Airstrip, located in New Zealand, is a small yet convenient airfield that serves as a gateway to various stunning destinations in the country. This airstrip offers essential traveler’s assistance, ensuring a seamless travel experience for visitors. With its informative and helpful approach, Kings Airstrip aims to provide travelers with the necessary support and resources for a successful journey.
The traveler’s assistance at Kings Airstrip begins right from the moment visitors arrive. Knowledgeable staff members are readily available to offer guidance on flight schedules, baggage handling, and transportation options. Whether travelers need information about local transportation services or require assistance with booking a rental car, the friendly staff at Kings Airstrip is always willing to help.
Moreover, Kings Airstrip provides essential travel information to ensure that visitors make the most of their time in New Zealand. From recommending popular tourist attractions, scenic routes, and adventure activities to providing updated weather forecasts and safety guidelines, Kings Airstrip equips travelers with the knowledge they need to plan their itinerary effectively. Additionally, the airfield offers resources such as maps, brochures, and local contact information, enabling visitors to navigate the country with ease.
In summary, Kings Airstrip in New Zealand offers dedicated traveler’s assistance to ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey for all visitors. From providing guidance on flight schedules and transportation arrangements to offering invaluable travel information and resources, Kings Airstrip aims to enhance the overall travel experience. With its informative and helpful approach, Kings Airstrip is a reliable partner for travelers exploring the breathtaking beauty of New Zealand.
Shops and Restaurants
Kings Airstrip, located in New Zealand, offers a delightful range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers and visitors. Whether you are a tourist looking for souvenirs or a hungry traveler in search of a delicious meal, Kings Airstrip has got you covered.
The shops at Kings Airstrip are a treasure trove of unique and locally crafted items. From boutique stores featuring handmade jewelry and clothing to art galleries showcasing stunning works by local artists, there is something for everyone. Visitors can explore these lovely shops and indulge in retail therapy, taking home beautiful mementos of their time in New Zealand.
When it comes to dining, Kings Airstrip boasts a diverse selection of restaurants that cater to various tastes and preferences. Whether you crave international cuisine or want to savor authentic New Zealand delicacies, the restaurants at Kings Airstrip have it all. Enjoy a leisurely meal at a cozy café, where you can sip on a perfectly brewed cup of coffee and savor freshly baked pastries. For those seeking a more formal dining experience, there are elegant restaurants serving gourmet dishes created using the finest local ingredients.
Additionally, Kings Airstrip also offers convenience stores and mini-marts for those in need of quick snacks or travel essentials. These stores ensure that travelers have access to necessary items, ensuring a hassle-free visit to the airstrip.
Overall, Kings Airstrip in New Zealand provides a delightful shopping and dining experience. With its diverse range of shops, visitors can find unique souvenirs to cherish, while the restaurants cater to various culinary preferences. So, whether you are passing through or spending time in the area, be sure to explore the shops and restaurants at Kings Airstrip for a memorable experience.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Kings Airstrip, located in New Zealand, is a popular destination for travelers and aviation enthusiasts. For those seeking a place of worship or prayer, there are several prayer rooms and worship areas available in and around this location.
1. Auckland International Airport Prayer Room:
Located approximately 20 minutes away from Kings Airstrip, the Auckland International Airport offers a dedicated prayer room for travelers. Situated in the international terminal, this serene space welcomes individuals of all faiths and provides a quiet environment for prayer and reflection.
2. Hamilton Airport Multi-Faith Prayer Room:
Situated around an hour and a half drive from Kings Airstrip, the Hamilton Airport features a multi-faith prayer room. This inclusive space accommodates various religious practices, allowing travelers to engage in their worship and prayer rituals before or after their flights.
3. Wellington International Airport Reflection Room:
Wellington International Airport, located around two and a half hours away from Kings Airstrip, provides a dedicated reflection room for spiritual contemplation. This tranquil space caters to people of all faiths, offering a peaceful environment to find solace and engage in personal prayer.
4. Christchurch International Airport Chapel:
Approximately four hours away from Kings Airstrip, Christchurch International Airport offers a beautiful chapel for visitors seeking a place of worship. This non-denominational space provides a serene ambiance for prayer, meditation, and religious services, making it an ideal spot for travelers to connect with their faith.
It’s important to note that these prayer rooms and worship areas are subject to availability and may have specific operating hours. Visitors are encouraged to check with the respective airports for any updates or changes to these facilities. Nonetheless, these dedicated spaces provide convenient options for individuals seeking a moment of spiritual connection during their time near Kings Airstrip in New Zealand.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Kings Airstrip, located in New Zealand, offers convenient WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers. Whether you’re a busy professional on a work trip or simply need to catch up on some tasks while waiting for your flight, Kings Airstrip has got you covered.
The airstrip provides reliable and high-speed WiFi connectivity throughout its premises, ensuring that you can stay connected and productive during your visit. Whether you need to check emails, join video conferences, or browse the internet, you can do so seamlessly with the excellent WiFi coverage at Kings Airstrip.
In addition to the WiFi, Kings Airstrip also offers well-equipped workspace facilities for those who require a dedicated area to work. These workspaces are designed to provide a quiet and comfortable environment, allowing you to focus on your tasks without distractions. The ample desk space, ergonomic chairs, and adequate lighting ensure that you can work efficiently and comfortably.
Furthermore, Kings Airstrip understands the importance of charging your devices, especially when you’re on the go. Therefore, you can find conveniently located power outlets throughout the facility, allowing you to charge your laptops, smartphones, or any other electronic devices you may have.
Whether you’re catching up on work, preparing for an important meeting, or simply need a quiet place to relax and browse the internet, Kings Airstrip’s WiFi and workspace facilities cater to your needs. With reliable WiFi, well-equipped workspaces, and ample charging options, you can stay connected, productive, and comfortable during your time at Kings Airstrip in New Zealand.
Accomodation Options Nearby Kings Airstrip
1. Camping: For those seeking an affordable and adventurous accommodation option at Kings Airstrip, camping is your best bet. The airstrip offers designated camping areas where you can pitch your tent and immerse yourself in the breathtaking natural beauty of New Zealand. Enjoy the starry night sky and wake up to the tranquil sounds of nature.
2. Non-powered campervan sites: If you prefer a bit more comfort and convenience, Kings Airstrip also provides non-powered campervan sites. Park your campervan amidst picturesque surroundings and enjoy the ultimate freedom of exploring the region at your own pace. Facilities like shared bathrooms and kitchens are usually available for campervan guests.
3. Basic cabins or lodges: If you’re looking for a roof over your head without breaking the bank, basic cabins or lodges are a great option. These accommodations generally feature simple amenities like a comfortable bed, basic kitchenette, and shared bathroom facilities. While they may lack the luxuries of high-end accommodations, they provide a cozy and budget-friendly option for visitors.
4. Motels: Being a popular tourist destination, Kings Airstrip has several motels located nearby. These establishments often offer a range of rooms to suit different budgets. Motels typically provide private bathrooms, basic kitchen facilities, and additional amenities like Wi-Fi, television, and parking. They are a comfortable and flexible option for travelers seeking moderate rates and convenience.
5. Holiday homes: For families or larger groups, renting a holiday home may be the perfect choice. Kings Airstrip boasts a variety of holiday homes that range from compact cottages to spacious villas. These fully furnished accommodations often feature well-equipped kitchens, multiple bedrooms, and private outdoor spaces. With the advantage of home-like amenities, these rentals offer comfort, privacy, and the flexibility to self-cater.
6. Boutique and luxury lodges: If you’re looking to indulge in a premium experience, Kings Airstrip offers a selection of boutique and luxury lodges. Nestled amid stunning landscapes, these accommodations combine exceptional service, outstanding facilities, and breathtaking views. Immerse yourself in luxury with spacious suites, decadent meals prepared by renowned chefs, on-site spa facilities, and various personalized experiences tailored to your desires.
7. Private villas: For an exclusive and unforgettable getaway, private villas are available near Kings Airstrip. These upscale accommodations provide absolute privacy, stunning architecture, and lavish amenities that often include private swimming pools, on-site staff, and bespoke experiences. Ideal for discerning travelers seeking an opulent retreat, private villas ensure an unparalleled level of comfort, sophistication, and seclusion.
Kings Airstrip in New Zealand offers a range of accommodation options to suit every budget and preference. From camping and budget-friendly cabins to motels, holiday homes, boutique lodges, and private villas—there is something for everyone. Whether you’re a nature lover, adventure seeker, or luxury enthusiast, you can find the perfect place to stay while enjoying the serene beauty of Kings Airstrip and its surrounding area.
1. Fiordland National Park: Located about 50 kilometers southwest of Kings Airstrip, Fiordland National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its stunning landscapes, including majestic fiords, waterfalls, and the famous Milford Sound.
2. Doubtful Sound: Another incredible fiord situated in Fiordland National Park, Doubtful Sound is a pristine and remote destination. Explore its deep waters, lush rainforests, and spot diverse wildlife like dolphins, seals, and penguins.
3. Queenstown: Just a short flight away from Kings Airstrip, Queenstown is known as the adventure capital of New Zealand. Enjoy adrenaline-pumping activities such as bungee jumping, skydiving, or take a scenic drive around Lake Wakatipu.
4. Te Anau Glowworm Caves: Located near the town of Te Anau, these underground caves are home to thousands of tiny glowworms that create a mesmerizing celestial-like display. Take a guided tour to learn about their unique life cycle and witness the magical glow.
5. Routeburn Track: Embark on one of New Zealand’s Great Walks, the Routeburn Track. This stunning multi-day hike offers panoramic views of snow-capped peaks, alpine meadows, and pristine lakes, providing an unforgettable wilderness experience.
6. The Remarkables: A mountain range located near Queenstown, The Remarkables offer world-class skiing and snowboarding during winter. In summer, the area becomes a popular destination for hiking, mountain biking, and photography.
7. Milford Track: Considered one of the most beautiful walks in the world, the Milford Track is a 53.5-kilometer trek through Fiordland National Park. Immerse yourself in breathtaking landscapes, including waterfalls, ancient forests, and glacier-carved valleys.
8. Cardrona Alpine Resort: Just a short drive from Kings Airstrip, Cardrona Alpine Resort is a popular ski field renowned for its wide-open slopes and stunning views. Enjoy skiing, snowboarding, or simply relax in the cozy alpine village atmosphere.
9. Lake Wanaka: A picturesque lake town located about 70 kilometers from Kings Airstrip, Lake Wanaka offers outdoor enthusiasts a range of activities. Enjoy boating, fishing, hiking, or simply relax on the lake’s pristine shores.
10. Stewart Island: Situated off the southern coast of the South Island, Stewart Island is a remote and pristine nature reserve. Explore its rugged coastline, spot rare bird species like the kiwi, and hike along idyllic trails in a tranquil wilderness setting.
History of Kings Airstrip
Kings Airstrip, located in New Zealand, is a small yet significant airstrip that holds a fascinating history. The airstrip was originally established in the mid-20th century, during World War II, as a temporary military airfield. Its strategic position near major towns and cities made it an ideal location for military operations and transportation.
After the war, Kings Airstrip underwent a transformation, transitioning into a civilian airport. It soon became an important hub for agricultural aviation, serving as a base for various aerial operations in the surrounding rural areas. These operations included crop dusting, aerial pest control, and topdressing, enabling efficient and effective agricultural practices in the region.
Over the years, Kings Airstrip has played a vital role in supporting the local community and economy. It has facilitated transportation for residents in remote areas, ensuring connectivity and access to essential services and resources. Additionally, the airstrip has contributed to the growth of tourism, providing opportunities for visitors to explore the beautiful landscapes and attractions of New Zealand.
Despite its modest size, Kings Airstrip continues to thrive and adapt to the evolving aviation industry. It serves as a testament to the resilience and ingenuity of the local community while preserving its historical significance. Today, the airstrip remains an essential lifeline for rural communities, an important economic driver, and an integral part of New Zealand’s aviation heritage.
Other Airports in Canterbury Region, New Zealand
- Arrowsmith Station
- Ashburton Aerodrome
- Cattle Creek Airstrip
- Christchurch International Airport
- Forest Field Aerodrome
- Glentanner Airport
- Hakatere Airstrip
- Hanmer Springs Airport
- Kaikoura Airport
- Kings Airstrip
- Manuka Point Lodge Airstrip
- Mesopotamia Station Airstrip
- Mount Cook Airport
- Omarama Glider Airport
- Pudding Hill Aerodrome
- Pukaki Airport
- Rangiora Airfield
- Rangitata Island Airport
- Taitapu Ag strip
- Tekapo Aerodrome
- Timaru Airport
- Waimate Airport
- West Melton Aerodrome
- Worthy Lodge airstrip