Kumasi Airport, also known as the Kumasi International Airport, is a domestic airport located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. It serves as a gateway to Kumasi, the second-largest city in Ghana, and the surrounding areas. The airport is operated by the Ghana Airports Company Limited and offers flights to several destinations within Ghana.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Kumasi Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Kumasi Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Kumasi Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Kumasi Airport
- Other Airports in Ashanti Region, Ghana
How to Get to Kumasi Airport
Kumasi Airport is located in the Ashanti Region of Ghana and is the second-largest airport in the country. There are several ways to get to Kumasi Airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
If you are coming from the city center, the easiest and most convenient way to get to Kumasi Airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The journey to the airport takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic, and should cost around 30-50 Ghanaian cedis.
Alternatively, you can take a bus to Kumasi Airport from the city center. There are several bus companies that operate services to the airport, including STC and VIP. Buses run regularly throughout the day and tickets can be purchased at the bus station or online. The journey takes around 30-40 minutes and should cost around 10-20 Ghanaian cedis.
If you prefer to drive yourself, you can rent a car from one of the many car rental companies in Kumasi. The journey to the airport is straightforward and well-signposted, and there is plenty of parking available at the airport. However, be aware that driving in Ghana can be challenging, particularly if you are not used to the local roads and traffic conditions.
Kumasi Airport, also known as Kumasi International Airport, is located in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. It serves as a gateway to the city of Kumasi and the surrounding areas. There are several transportation options available at Kumasi Airport to help you get to your destination.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. It is advisable to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate at Kumasi Airport, offering a range of vehicles to suit your needs. You can book a car in advance or at the airport upon arrival.
3. Airport Shuttle: Some hotels and guesthouses offer airport shuttle services to their guests. It is advisable to check with your accommodation provider if they offer this service.
4. Public Transport: Public transport options such as buses and minibusses are available outside the airport. However, these can be crowded and uncomfortable, and it is advisable to use them only if you are familiar with the area.
5. Private Transfer: Private transfer services are available at Kumasi Airport, offering a more comfortable and convenient way to get to your destination. These services can be booked in advance or at the airport upon arrival.
In conclusion, Kumasi Airport offers several transportation options to suit your needs and budget. It is advisable to choose a mode of transportation that is safe, reliable, and convenient for you.
Kumasi Airport offers several car parking options for passengers and visitors. Here are the different car parking options and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The rates for short-term parking are affordable and are charged by the hour.
2. Long-term parking: This parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a longer period. The rates for long-term parking are reasonable and are charged by the day.
3. Valet parking: This service is available for those who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The valet parking service is located in front of the terminal building and is available for a fee.
4. Disabled parking: Kumasi Airport offers designated parking spaces for disabled passengers. These spaces are located close to the terminal building and are free of charge.
5. VIP parking: This parking lot is reserved for VIPs and is located close to the terminal building. The rates for VIP parking are higher than other parking options.
Overall, Kumasi Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all passengers and visitors. Whether you need to park for a few hours or a few days, there is a parking option that will work for you.
Car Rental at Kumasi Airport
- Avis Rent a Car
- Budget Rent a Car
- Hertz Rent a Car
- National Car Rental
- Europcar Ghana
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
Kumasi Airport is a domestic airport located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. The airport has one terminal building that serves both arrivals and departures. The terminal building is modern and well-maintained, with a range of facilities and services to cater to the needs of passengers.
The terminal building at Kumasi Airport has a spacious and comfortable waiting area for passengers, with ample seating and air conditioning. There are also several shops and restaurants located within the terminal building, offering a range of food and beverage options, as well as souvenirs and other items.
Passengers at Kumasi Airport can also take advantage of the airport’s free Wi-Fi service, which is available throughout the terminal building. Additionally, there are several ATMs and currency exchange services located within the terminal building, making it easy for passengers to access cash and exchange currency.
Overall, the terminal building at Kumasi Airport is a modern and well-equipped facility that offers a range of services and amenities to make the travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible for passengers.
- British Airways
- Ethiopian Airlines
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- South African Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Asky Airlines
- Azmera Aviation
- Air Burkina
- Air Cote d’Ivoire
- Air France
- Air Peace
- Air Senegal
- ASKY Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- Tap Air Portugal
- Wamos Air
Kumasi Airport is one of the busiest airports in Ghana, serving both domestic and international flights. As such, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers, staff, and cargo.
One of the primary security measures at Kumasi Airport is the screening of all passengers and their luggage. Passengers are required to pass through metal detectors, and their carry-on bags and checked luggage are scanned for prohibited items. Any items that are deemed a security risk are confiscated, and passengers may be subject to additional screening.
In addition to screening, Kumasi Airport also has a robust security presence. Armed security personnel patrol the airport, and CCTV cameras are strategically placed throughout the terminal to monitor activity. The airport also has a dedicated security team that works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
Overall, Kumasi Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of everyone who passes through its doors. Passengers can rest assured that they are in good hands when traveling through Kumasi Airport.
Kumasi Airport is one of the busiest airports in Ghana, serving both domestic and international flights. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers, the airport provides various traveler’s assistance services. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all types of travelers, including those with disabilities, families with children, and elderly passengers.
One of the most important traveler’s assistance services provided by Kumasi Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has a team of trained staff who can assist passengers with mobility issues to navigate the airport and board their flights. Additionally, the airport provides special assistance for visually impaired passengers, including guide dogs and braille signage.
For families traveling with children, Kumasi Airport offers a range of services to make the journey more comfortable. These include baby changing facilities, children’s play areas, and family-friendly restaurants. The airport also provides assistance for unaccompanied minors, ensuring that they are safely escorted through the airport and onto their flights.
Finally, Kumasi Airport provides assistance for elderly passengers, including priority boarding and assistance with luggage. The airport also has a medical center staffed by trained professionals who can provide emergency medical assistance if needed. Overall, Kumasi Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to ensure that all passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Kumasi Airport, also known as Kumasi International Airport, is a small airport located in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. Despite its size, the airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy before or after their flights.
1. Duty-Free Shop: This shop offers a range of tax-free products, including perfumes, cosmetics, and alcohol.
2. Souvenir Shop: Here, travelers can purchase unique Ghanaian souvenirs, such as traditional clothing, jewelry, and art.
3. Bookstore: This shop offers a selection of books, magazines, and newspapers for travelers to read during their flights.
4. Convenience Store: The convenience store sells snacks, drinks, and other travel essentials, such as toiletries and phone chargers.
1. Café: This café serves a variety of hot and cold drinks, as well as sandwiches and pastries.
2. Restaurant: The airport’s restaurant offers a range of local and international dishes, including soups, stews, and grilled meats.
3. Fast Food: For travelers in a hurry, there is a fast-food restaurant that serves burgers, fries, and other quick bites.
4. Bar: The airport’s bar offers a selection of beers, wines, and cocktails, as well as light snacks.
Overall, Kumasi Airport’s shops and restaurants provide travelers with a range of options to suit their needs and tastes. Whether you’re looking for a souvenir to take home or a quick bite to eat, you’re sure to find something to your liking at this airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Kumasi Airport, also known as the Kumasi International Airport, is a small airport located in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. The airport has a few prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers who wish to pray or worship during their journey. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Kumasi Airport and where they are located:
1. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim prayer room is located on the ground floor of the airport terminal building, near the baggage claim area. It is open 24 hours a day and provides a quiet and peaceful space for Muslim travelers to perform their prayers.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian chapel is located on the first floor of the airport terminal building, near the departure lounge. It is open to all Christian travelers and provides a space for worship, prayer, and reflection.
3. Meditation Room – The meditation room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal building, near the departure lounge. It is open to all travelers, regardless of their religion, and provides a quiet and peaceful space for meditation, reflection, or prayer.
4. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – The multi-faith prayer room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal building, near the departure lounge. It is open to travelers of all faiths and provides a space for prayer, worship, or reflection.
Overall, Kumasi Airport provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers of different faiths. These spaces offer a peaceful and quiet environment for travelers to practice their religion or engage in spiritual activities during their journey.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Kumasi Airport, also known as Kumasi International Airport, is a modern airport located in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. The airport offers a range of facilities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient, including WiFi and workspace facilities.
Kumasi Airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, allowing you to stay connected with your loved ones or work remotely while waiting for your flight. You can easily connect to the airport’s WiFi network by selecting “Kumasi Airport WiFi” from the list of available networks on your device.
Kumasi Airport offers a comfortable and quiet workspace area for passengers who need to work or study while waiting for their flight. The workspace area is equipped with comfortable chairs, tables, and power outlets, allowing you to charge your devices and work efficiently. The area is also well-lit and air-conditioned, providing a conducive environment for productivity.
In addition to the WiFi and workspace facilities, Kumasi Airport also provides other amenities such as restaurants, shops, and ATMs. The airport is committed to providing a seamless travel experience to all passengers and visitors, and the WiFi and workspace facilities are just some of the ways in which the airport achieves this goal.
- Garden Lounge: Located in the Domestic Terminal at Kumasi Airport.
- First Class Lounge: Located in the International Terminal at Kumasi Airport.
- Premier Lounge: Located in the Domestic Terminal at Kumasi Airport.
- Elite Lounge: Located in the International Terminal at Kumasi Airport.
Accomodation Options Nearby Kumasi Airport
Kumasi Airport, also known as the Kumasi International Airport, is a major airport in Ghana that serves both domestic and international flights. If you are planning to travel to Kumasi and need a place to stay near the airport, here are some accommodation options available:
1. Golden Tulip Kumasi City: This is a luxurious hotel located just 5 minutes away from the airport. It offers spacious rooms, an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a restaurant that serves local and international cuisine.
2. Miklin Hotel: This is a budget-friendly hotel located just 10 minutes away from the airport. It offers clean and comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a bar.
3. Sunset Hotel: This is a mid-range hotel located just 15 minutes away from the airport. It offers air-conditioned rooms, a restaurant, and a bar. The hotel also has a garden and a terrace where you can relax and enjoy the view.
4. Royal Park Hotel: This is a boutique hotel located just 20 minutes away from the airport. It offers stylish rooms, a restaurant, and a bar. The hotel also has a swimming pool and a fitness center.
5. KNUST Guest House: This is a guest house located on the campus of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, which is about 30 minutes away from the airport. It offers affordable rooms, a restaurant, and a bar. The guest house also has a garden and a terrace where you can relax and enjoy the view.
In conclusion, Kumasi Airport offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. Whether you are looking for a luxurious hotel or a budget-friendly guest house, you can find a suitable option near the airport.
Kumasi Airport, also known as Kumasi International Airport, is located in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. The airport serves as a gateway to the city of Kumasi, which is known for its rich cultural heritage and historical significance. There are several attractions near Kumasi Airport that visitors can explore during their stay in the city. Here are some of the top attractions:
1. Manhyia Palace Museum: This museum is located just a few kilometers from Kumasi Airport and is a must-visit for anyone interested in the history and culture of the Ashanti people. The museum is housed in the former residence of the Ashanti king and features a collection of artifacts, including royal regalia, traditional clothing, and weapons.
2. Kumasi Central Market: This bustling market is located in the heart of Kumasi and is one of the largest open-air markets in West Africa. Visitors can explore the market and shop for a variety of goods, including textiles, crafts, and food.
3. Kejetia Bus Terminal: This is the main bus terminal in Kumasi and is located near the Central Market. Visitors can take a bus from here to other parts of Ghana, including Accra, Takoradi, and Tamale.
4. Kumasi Cultural Centre: This center is located in the city center and is a hub for cultural activities and events. Visitors can watch traditional dance performances, attend art exhibitions, and learn about the history and culture of the Ashanti people.
5. Lake Bosomtwe: This natural lake is located about 30 kilometers from Kumasi and is a popular destination for tourists. Visitors can swim, fish, and take boat rides on the lake, which is surrounded by lush green hills.
6. Bonwire Kente Weaving Village: This village is located about 20 kilometers from Kumasi and is known for its traditional Kente weaving. Visitors can watch the weavers at work and purchase Kente cloth and other handmade crafts.
7. Owabi Wildlife Sanctuary: This sanctuary is located about 15 kilometers from Kumasi and is home to a variety of wildlife, including monkeys, antelopes, and birds. Visitors can take a guided tour of the sanctuary and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
Overall, Kumasi Airport is surrounded by a variety of attractions that offer visitors a glimpse into the history, culture, and natural beauty of the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
History of Kumasi Airport
Kumasi Airport, also known as Kumasi International Airport, is located in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. It was first established in the 1930s as a small airstrip for the transportation of goods and people. However, it was not until the 1950s that the airport was expanded and upgraded to accommodate larger aircraft.
Throughout the years, Kumasi Airport has undergone several renovations and upgrades to meet the growing demand for air travel in the region. In 1999, a new terminal building was constructed to replace the old one, which was no longer able to handle the increasing number of passengers.
Today, Kumasi Airport serves as an important gateway to the Ashanti Region and the rest of Ghana. It is operated by the Ghana Airports Company Limited and serves several domestic and international airlines. The airport has also played a significant role in promoting tourism and economic development in the region, as it provides easy access to popular tourist destinations such as the Kumasi Cultural Centre and the Manhyia Palace Museum.
Other Airports in Ashanti Region, Ghana