Kunming Changshui International Airport is a modern airport located in Kunming, the capital city of Yunnan Province in China. It is one of the busiest airports in China, serving both domestic and international flights. The airport is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and offers a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Kunming Changshui International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Kunming Changshui International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Kunming Changshui International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Kunming Changshui International Airport
- Other Airports in Yunnan Province, China
How to Get to Kunming Changshui International Airport
Kunming Changshui International Airport is located about 25 kilometers northeast of Kunming city center. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or subway.
Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked through a ride-hailing app. The journey to the airport takes around 30-40 minutes and costs approximately 100-120 yuan.
Buses are also a convenient and affordable option. There are several airport shuttle buses that run from various locations in the city, including the main train station and the city center. The fare is around 25-30 yuan and the journey takes around 45-60 minutes.
Finally, the subway is a fast and efficient way to get to the airport. Line 6 of the Kunming Metro connects the airport with the city center and other major transportation hubs. The journey takes around 30-40 minutes and costs around 6-8 yuan.
Overall, there are several convenient and affordable options for getting to Kunming Changshui International Airport, including taxis, buses, and the subway. Travelers should choose the option that best suits their needs and budget.
Kunming Changshui International Airport is the main airport serving Kunming, the capital city of Yunnan Province in China. It is located about 25 kilometers northeast of the city center and offers various transportation options to reach your destination.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to reach your destination. The fare to the city center is around CNY 100-120, and the journey takes about 30-40 minutes.
2. Airport Shuttle Bus: The airport shuttle bus is a cost-effective option for travelers. The fare is around CNY 25-30, and the journey takes about 50-60 minutes. The shuttle bus operates from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm and stops at several locations in the city.
3. Metro: Kunming Metro Line 6 connects the airport to the city center. The fare is around CNY 6-8, and the journey takes about 30-40 minutes. The metro operates from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm.
4. Private Car: If you prefer a more comfortable and private option, you can hire a private car or a limousine service. The fare varies depending on the type of vehicle and the distance traveled.
5. Public Bus: Public buses also operate from the airport to the city center. The fare is around CNY 2-3, and the journey takes about 60-90 minutes. However, this option may not be suitable for travelers with heavy luggage.
In conclusion, Kunming Changshui International Airport offers various transportation options to suit different budgets and preferences. Travelers can choose the option that best suits their needs and reach their destination conveniently and comfortably.
Kunming Changshui International Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located near the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours. The rates are charged hourly and are relatively higher than other parking options.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a bit further from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a longer duration. The rates are charged daily and are relatively cheaper than short-term parking.
3. Economy parking: This parking area is located the farthest from the terminal building and is ideal for those who are looking for the cheapest parking option. The rates are charged daily and are the lowest among all the parking options.
4. Valet parking: This parking option is available for those who want to save time and hassle. The valet parking staff will park your car for you and bring it back to you when you return. The rates are charged hourly and are relatively higher than other parking options.
Overall, Kunming Changshui International Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers. It is recommended to book your parking in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
Car Rental at Kunming Changshui International Airport
- Fox Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
Kunming Changshui International Airport is one of the busiest airports in China, serving millions of passengers every year. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are both modern and well-equipped. Terminal 1 is mainly used for domestic flights, while Terminal 2 handles both domestic and international flights.
Terminal 1 has a total area of 90,000 square meters and is divided into three levels. The first level is for arrivals, the second level is for departures, and the third level is for offices and VIP lounges. The terminal has 26 boarding gates, 12 of which are equipped with air bridges. It also has a variety of shops, restaurants, and other amenities, including a duty-free store, a pharmacy, and a children’s play area.
Terminal 2 is much larger than Terminal 1, with a total area of 548,300 square meters. It has four levels, with the first level for arrivals, the second level for departures, the third level for offices and VIP lounges, and the fourth level for restaurants and observation decks. The terminal has 66 boarding gates, 48 of which are equipped with air bridges. It also has a wide range of facilities, including a duty-free store, a medical center, a post office, and a hotel.
Overall, Kunming Changshui International Airport’s terminals are modern, spacious, and well-equipped, providing passengers with a comfortable and convenient travel experience. The airport’s efficient operations and excellent facilities have earned it a reputation as one of the best airports in China.
2. Air China
3. Asiana Airlines
4. Beijing Capital Airlines
5. Cathay Dragon
6. China Eastern Airlines
7. China Southern Airlines
8. Hainan Airlines
9. Juneyao Airlines
10. Korean Air
11. Kunming Airlines
12. Lucky Air
13. Sichuan Airlines
14. Thai Airways
15. Xiamen Airlines
Kunming Changshui International Airport is one of the busiest airports in China, serving millions of passengers every year. As such, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
The airport’s security measures include baggage screening, body scanning, and metal detection. All passengers are required to go through these security checks before boarding their flights. In addition, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport premises and respond to any security threats.
Kunming Changshui International Airport also has a strict policy on prohibited items. Passengers are not allowed to carry any weapons, explosives, or dangerous chemicals on board. Any suspicious items found during the security checks are immediately confiscated and investigated.
Overall, Kunming Changshui International Airport’s security protocols are designed to ensure the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport’s commitment to maintaining high levels of security has earned it a reputation as one of the safest airports in China.
Kunming Changshui International Airport is one of the busiest airports in China, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all types of travelers, including those with disabilities, families with young children, and senior citizens.
One of the most notable traveler’s assistance services offered at Kunming Changshui International Airport is the wheelchair service. This service is available free of charge and can be requested at the time of booking or at the airport. The airport also has dedicated parking spaces for disabled passengers and provides assistance with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft.
For families with young children, the airport offers baby care rooms equipped with changing tables, nursing chairs, and other amenities. There are also play areas for children to keep them entertained while waiting for their flights. Additionally, the airport has a range of restaurants and cafes that offer child-friendly menus.
Senior citizens can also benefit from the traveler’s assistance services at Kunming Changshui International Airport. The airport provides wheelchair assistance, priority boarding, and special assistance with baggage handling. There are also rest areas and lounges where seniors can relax and wait for their flights in comfort.
Overall, Kunming Changshui International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible for all passengers. Whether you are traveling with young children, have a disability, or are a senior citizen, the airport has a range of services to cater to your needs.
Shops and Restaurants
Kunming Changshui International Airport is a modern and bustling airport located in Kunming, China. The airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the shops and restaurants you can find at Kunming Changshui International Airport:
1. Duty-Free Shop: This shop offers a wide range of duty-free products, including cosmetics, perfumes, liquor, and tobacco.
2. Bookstore: This bookstore offers a variety of books, magazines, and newspapers in different languages.
3. Souvenir Shop: This shop offers a range of souvenirs, including traditional Chinese handicrafts, clothing, and accessories.
4. Electronics Shop: This shop offers a range of electronic products, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
5. Fashion Boutique: This boutique offers a range of fashion items, including clothing, shoes, and accessories.
1. Chinese Restaurant: This restaurant offers a range of Chinese dishes, including noodles, dumplings, and stir-fried dishes.
2. Western Restaurant: This restaurant offers a range of Western dishes, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
3. Coffee Shop: This coffee shop offers a range of coffee drinks, as well as pastries and sandwiches.
4. Fast Food Restaurant: This restaurant offers a range of fast food items, including burgers, fries, and chicken nuggets.
5. Bar: This bar offers a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, as well as snacks and light meals.
Overall, Kunming Changshui International Airport offers a great selection of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Kunming Changshui International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas:
1. Muslim Prayer Room – located on the third floor of the International Departure Hall, near Gate 4. The prayer room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and ablution facilities.
2. Buddhist Prayer Room – located on the third floor of the International Departure Hall, near Gate 5. The prayer room features a statue of Buddha, incense burners, and a meditation area.
3. Christian Prayer Room – located on the third floor of the International Departure Hall, near Gate 6. The prayer room has a cross, a Bible, and a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
4. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – located on the third floor of the Domestic Departure Hall, near Gate 2. The prayer room is open to all faiths and provides a peaceful environment for prayer and meditation.
All prayer rooms and worship areas at Kunming Changshui International Airport are free to use and open 24 hours a day. Passengers are advised to check with airport staff for any updates or changes to the locations of these facilities.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Kunming Changshui International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media accounts, and other online services.
Workspace: For passengers who need to work or study during their time at the airport, there are several options available. The airport has a number of comfortable seating areas with power outlets, where passengers can work on their laptops or charge their devices. Additionally, there are several business lounges located throughout the terminal, which offer a range of amenities including comfortable seating, high-speed WiFi, and complimentary refreshments.
Meeting Rooms: For passengers who need to hold a meeting or conduct business while at the airport, there are several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate groups of various sizes.
Overall, Kunming Changshui International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to work on your laptop, hold a meeting, or simply stay connected to the internet, the airport has you covered.
Kunming Changshui International Airport offers a variety of lounge facilities for travelers. Here are the lounges located in the airport:
- VIP Lounge – Located in the International Departure Hall
- Business Lounge – Located in the International Departure Hall
- VIP Room – Located in the Domestic Departure Hall
- Platinum Lounge – Located in the Domestic Departure Hall
- First Class Lounge – Located in the Domestic Departure Hall
Accomodation Options Nearby Kunming Changshui International Airport
Kunming Changshui International Airport, located in Yunnan province, China, is a bustling transportation hub that operates numerous domestic and international flights. Whether you have a layover or wish to explore the vibrant city of Kunming, various accommodation options are available near the airport, catering to different budgets and preferences. Let’s explore the diverse range of establishments, from the more affordable options to the luxurious offers.
1. Budget-friendly options:
– Transit Hotels: Changshui Airport features several transit hotels, perfect for those with short layovers or late-night arrivals. These hotels offer basic amenities, comfortable beds, and convenient access to the airport terminals, making them an economical choice for short stays.
– Capsule Hotels: For the budget-conscious traveler seeking a quick, hassle-free rest, capsule hotels offer compact sleeping pods with minimalistic amenities at affordable rates. These hotels often provide shared facilities, such as bathrooms and lounges, ensuring a comfortable stay without straining your wallet.
– Economy Hotels: Within a short distance from the airport, various economy hotels provide clean rooms, modest facilities, and friendly service, making them a practical choice for those seeking affordability and convenience.
2. Mid-range options:
– Business Hotels: With their emphasis on functionality and comfort, business hotels near Kunming Changshui Airport provide well-appointed rooms, workspaces, and amenities tailored to cater to the needs of both business and leisure travelers. These hotels often boast additional perks like fitness centers, complimentary breakfast, and high-speed internet access.
– Express Hotels: Particularly suitable for short stays, express hotels provide guests with comfortable and affordable rooms, often equipped with modern amenities like flat-screen TVs, private bathrooms, and air conditioning. Some establishments even offer complimentary shuttle services to and from the airport for added convenience.
3. Upscale/luxury options:
– Full-Service Hotels: Upscale hotels near the airport offer a wide array of amenities and services to cater to discerning travelers. These establishments boast spacious rooms, elegant decor, fitness centers, swimming pools, restaurants, and often include additional touches such as spa treatments, concierge services, and airport transfers.
– Luxury Resorts: For a truly indulgent experience, luxury resorts in the vicinity of Kunming Changshui Airport provide guests with an oasis of tranquility. Featuring lush gardens, scenic views, world-class restaurants, and extensive wellness facilities, these resorts offer top-notch service and luxurious accommodations for those seeking ultimate relaxation.
Remember to check the location and accessibility of accommodation options, as some might require a short taxi ride or provide shuttle services to and from the airport. Additionally, consider any specific preferences or requirements you may have to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay near Kunming Changshui International Airport.
1. Stone Forest: Located just a short drive away from Kunming Changshui International Airport, the Stone Forest is a magnificent natural wonder. The UNESCO World Heritage Site features an impressive collection of limestone formations that resemble a forest of towering stones. Visitors can walk through picturesque paths and admire the unique geological formations in this awe-inspiring landscape.
2. Yuantong Temple: One of Kunming’s most iconic landmarks, Yuantong Temple is a stunning Buddhist temple complex situated near the airport. Built during the Tang Dynasty, it boasts exquisite architecture, tranquil gardens, and a serene lake. Visitors can explore the various halls, pagodas, and stunning religious artifacts within the temple grounds.
3. Dianchi Lake: Known as the “Pearl of the Plateau,” Dianchi Lake is the largest freshwater lake in Yunnan Province. Offering breathtaking views, this idyllic spot provides opportunities for boating, strolling along the lakeside promenade, or enjoying a picnic with friends and family.
4. Western Hills: A popular tourist destination, the Western Hills offer a picturesque escape from the city. Just a short drive from the airport, this scenic area boasts stunning landscapes, lush greenery, and ancient temples. Visitors can hike along the trails, visit the Dragon Gate, and enjoy panoramic views of Kunming.
5. Yunnan Ethnic Village: For those interested in experiencing the diverse ethnic cultures of Yunnan, the Yunnan Ethnic Village is a must-visit attraction near the airport. The village showcases the distinctive heritage and traditions of the minority ethnic groups in Yunnan through its traditional architecture, cultural displays, and performances.
6. Qiongzhu Temple: Located near the airport, Qiongzhu Temple is renowned for its beautifully crafted bamboo artworks and tranquil surroundings. This charming Buddhist temple offers a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of city life, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the serene atmosphere and admire the intricate bamboo carvings.
7. Kunming Botanical Garden: Nature enthusiasts will appreciate the Kunming Botanical Garden, a sprawling oasis situated near the airport. Home to a wide variety of flora and fauna, this botanical garden offers a peaceful retreat where visitors can wander through meticulously maintained gardens, explore themed exhibits, and learn about the region’s rich biodiversity.
8. Yunnan Nationalities Museum: A visit to the Yunnan Nationalities Museum provides insight into the fascinating cultures and traditions of Yunnan’s ethnic groups. Located near the airport, this museum showcases a vast collection of artifacts, costumes, traditional handicrafts, and exhibits depicting the history and lifestyle of the various ethnic minorities in the province.
9. Daguan Park: With its grand panoramic views, Daguan Park is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. Situated by the picturesque Dianchi Lake, this vast park features beautiful gardens, charming pavilions, and a famous grand terrace known as the “Grand View Tower.” Visitors can enjoy a leisurely stroll, catch breathtaking sunsets, or indulge in traditional snacks from local vendors.
10. Guandu Ancient Town: For a taste of Kunming’s rich history, visiting Guandu Ancient Town is a must. Located adjacent to the airport, this ancient town dates back to the Song Dynasty and boasts well-preserved buildings, intricate courtyard layouts, and an array of traditional shops. Visitors can immerse themselves in the town’s historic charm, visit its temples and museums, and indulge in local delicacies.
History of Kunming Changshui International Airport
Kunming Changshui International Airport is located in the Guandu District of Kunming, Yunnan Province, China. It is one of the largest airports in China and serves as a hub for China Eastern Airlines, Kunming Airlines, and Lucky Air. The airport was opened in 2012 and replaced the old Kunming Wujiaba International Airport.
The construction of Kunming Changshui International Airport began in 2007 and took five years to complete. The airport covers an area of 22,000 acres and has a terminal building with a floor area of 548,300 square meters. It has two runways, one of which is 4,000 meters long and the other is 4,200 meters long, making it capable of handling the largest aircraft in the world.
The airport has played a significant role in the development of Yunnan Province and has helped to boost the local economy. It has also improved the connectivity of the region with the rest of China and the world. The airport has won several awards for its design and facilities, including the “Best Airport in China” award at the 2013 World Airport Awards. Today, Kunming Changshui International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that serves millions of passengers every year.
Other Airports in Yunnan Province, China
- Baoshan Yunrui Airport
- Cangyuan Washan Airport
- Dali Huangcaoba Airport
- Dehong Mangshi Airport
- Diqing Shangri-La Airport
- Kunming Changshui International Airport
- Lancang Jingmai Airport
- Lijiang Sanyi International Airport
- Lincang Boshang Airport
- Luliang Air Base
- Mengzi Air Base
- Ninglang Luguhu Airport
- Tengchong Tuofeng Airport
- Wenshan Air Base
- Xiangyun Midu Air Base
- Xishuangbanna Gasa Airport
- Yuanmou Air Base