Kuwait International Airport is the main airport serving Kuwait City, the capital of Kuwait. It is located approximately 15.5 kilometers south of the city center and is one of the busiest airports in the Middle East. The airport has a modern terminal building and offers a wide range of facilities and services to passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Kuwait International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Kuwait International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Kuwait International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Kuwait International Airport
- Other Airports in Al Farwaniyah Governorate, Kuwait
How to Get to Kuwait International Airport
Kuwait International Airport is located approximately 15 kilometers south of Kuwait City. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
Taxis are readily available throughout Kuwait and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The journey from Kuwait City to the airport takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic. Taxis are metered and fares are reasonable.
Buses also run from Kuwait City to the airport, with several routes available. The journey takes around 30-40 minutes and fares are inexpensive. However, buses can be crowded and may not be the most comfortable option for those with a lot of luggage.
Private cars can also be hired to take you to the airport. Many hotels and travel agencies offer this service, and it can be a convenient option for those with a lot of luggage or who prefer a more comfortable ride. The journey takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Overall, there are several options for getting to Kuwait International Airport, with taxis being the most convenient and private cars offering the most comfort. Regardless of which option you choose, be sure to allow plenty of time to get to the airport, especially during peak travel times.
Kuwait International Airport is the main airport serving Kuwait City and the surrounding areas. It is located approximately 15 kilometers south of the city center and offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are some of the transportation options available at Kuwait International Airport:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The taxi stand is located outside the arrivals area, and the fare is metered. It is advisable to negotiate the fare with the driver before starting the journey.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have their counters at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Europcar, and Hertz. Renting a car is an excellent option if you plan to explore Kuwait on your own. However, it is essential to have an international driving license and be familiar with the local traffic rules.
3. Public transportation: Kuwait has an extensive public transportation network, including buses and trains. The airport is connected to the city by bus routes 501 and 502. The bus stop is located outside the arrivals area, and the fare is nominal.
4. Hotel shuttle: Many hotels in Kuwait offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. It is advisable to check with your hotel before arriving to confirm the availability of the service.
5. Private transfer: Private transfer services are available at the airport, and they offer a comfortable and hassle-free way to get to your destination. Several companies provide this service, and it is advisable to book in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
In conclusion, Kuwait International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit every traveler’s needs and budget. Whether you prefer a taxi, car rental, public transportation, hotel shuttle, or private transfer, you can find a suitable option at the airport.
Kuwait International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking options and their locations:
1. Terminal Car Park: This car park is located directly opposite the passenger terminal and is the most convenient option for travelers. It offers both short-term and long-term parking options.
2. Long-Term Car Park: This car park is located a short distance from the passenger terminal and is ideal for travelers who need to park their car for an extended period. It offers affordable rates for long-term parking.
3. Premium Car Park: This car park is located adjacent to the passenger terminal and offers premium parking services for travelers who want a more luxurious parking experience. It offers valet parking, car wash services, and a dedicated lounge area.
4. Economy Car Park: This car park is located a short distance from the passenger terminal and offers affordable parking rates for travelers on a budget. It is ideal for travelers who need to park their car for a few days or more.
5. VIP Car Park: This car park is located adjacent to the passenger terminal and offers VIP parking services for travelers who want a more exclusive parking experience. It offers valet parking, car wash services, and a dedicated lounge area.
Overall, Kuwait International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at Kuwait International Airport
- Hertz Car Rental
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Europcar Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental
- Alamo Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Kempinski Car Rental
- Dollar Car Rental
Kuwait International Airport is the main airport in Kuwait and serves as a hub for several airlines. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles most of the international flights, while Terminal 2 is used for domestic and regional flights.
Terminal 1 is a modern and spacious terminal that offers a range of facilities and services for passengers. It has a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as duty-free stores where passengers can purchase a range of products at tax-free prices. The terminal also has several lounges, including a VIP lounge, where passengers can relax and enjoy complimentary food and drinks.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that is primarily used for domestic and regional flights. It has a more limited range of facilities and services compared to Terminal 1, but still offers a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. The terminal has a few shops and restaurants, as well as a lounge for passengers to relax in before their flight.
Overall, Kuwait International Airport’s terminals offer a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers, with a range of facilities and services to meet their needs. Whether traveling domestically or internationally, passengers can expect a smooth and hassle-free experience at the airport.
1. Kuwait Airways
2. Jazeera Airways
5. Etihad Airways
6. Turkish Airlines
7. Qatar Airways
8. Gulf Air
9. Air Arabia
11. Royal Jordanian
13. Oman Air
14. Pegasus Airlines
15. SriLankan Airlines
16. Ethiopian Airlines
17. Air India Express
19. Nepal Airlines
20. Jazeera Airways (India)
Kuwait International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the Middle East, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety and security of all passengers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols. These protocols are designed to prevent any potential threats and ensure that all passengers and their belongings are screened thoroughly.
The security protocols at Kuwait International Airport include a combination of physical and technological measures. Passengers are required to go through multiple security checkpoints, where their luggage and personal belongings are scanned and checked for any prohibited items. The airport also uses advanced technology such as X-ray machines, metal detectors, and body scanners to detect any potential threats.
In addition to these measures, the airport also has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and responding to any security incidents. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that all security protocols are up to date and effective.
Overall, the security protocols at Kuwait International Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers. The airport takes security very seriously and is committed to ensuring that all passengers can travel with peace of mind.
Kuwait International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers. The airport has a dedicated team of staff who are available 24/7 to assist travelers with any queries or concerns they may have. The staff are multilingual and can communicate in Arabic, English, and other languages to cater to the needs of international travelers.
The airport also provides special assistance to passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility. This includes wheelchair assistance, special seating arrangements, and priority boarding. The airport has designated parking spaces for disabled passengers and offers assistance with baggage handling and check-in procedures.
In addition, Kuwait International Airport has a range of facilities to make the travel experience more comfortable for passengers. These include prayer rooms, lounges, restaurants, and duty-free shops. The airport also provides free Wi-Fi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work while waiting for their flight.
Overall, Kuwait International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a seamless and stress-free travel experience for passengers. The airport’s commitment to customer service and attention to detail ensures that travelers feel welcomed and supported throughout their journey.
Shops and Restaurants
Kuwait International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the popular ones:
1. The Body Shop – offers a range of skincare, makeup, and body care products.
2. Hugo Boss – a luxury fashion brand that offers clothing, accessories, and fragrances.
3. WHSmith – a bookstore that offers a variety of books, magazines, and newspapers.
4. Sunglass Hut – offers a range of sunglasses from popular brands.
5. Victoria’s Secret – a popular lingerie and beauty brand that offers a range of products.
1. Starbucks – a popular coffee chain that offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
2. McDonald’s – a fast-food chain that offers burgers, fries, and other snacks.
3. Le Pain Quotidien – a bakery and café that offers a range of bread, pastries, and sandwiches.
4. KFC – a fast-food chain that offers fried chicken and other snacks.
5. Costa Coffee – a coffee chain that offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
In addition to these, there are several other shops and restaurants available at Kuwait International Airport, ensuring that travelers have a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Kuwait International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors to practice their religious beliefs. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Islamic Prayer Rooms: There are several Islamic prayer rooms located throughout the airport, including in the Departures and Arrivals areas of Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. These prayer rooms are equipped with prayer mats, ablution facilities, and Quran copies.
2. Christian Chapel: The Christian Chapel is located in the Departures area of Terminal 1, near Gate 8. It is open 24/7 and offers a peaceful space for Christian passengers to pray and reflect.
3. Hindu Prayer Room: The Hindu Prayer Room is located in the Departures area of Terminal 1, near Gate 8. It is equipped with idols of Hindu deities and offers a serene environment for Hindu passengers to pray.
4. Sikh Prayer Room: The Sikh Prayer Room is located in the Departures area of Terminal 1, near Gate 8. It is equipped with a Guru Granth Sahib and offers a quiet space for Sikh passengers to pray.
5. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: The Multi-Faith Prayer Room is located in the Departures area of Terminal 1, near Gate 8. It is open to people of all faiths and offers a peaceful environment for meditation and prayer.
Overall, Kuwait International Airport provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the diverse religious needs of its passengers and visitors. These facilities are well-maintained and offer a comfortable and peaceful space for prayer and reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Kuwait International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, or stream videos without any interruptions.
For passengers who need to work or study, Kuwait International Airport offers several workspace facilities. These include:
1. Business Lounges:
The airport has several business lounges that offer a quiet and comfortable environment for passengers to work or relax. These lounges are equipped with comfortable seating, workstations, and charging points for electronic devices.
2. Meeting Rooms:
Passengers who need to hold meetings or conferences can book one of the airport’s meeting rooms. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment, high-speed internet, and comfortable seating.
The airport also provides workstations throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to work or study in a quiet and comfortable environment. These workstations are equipped with power outlets and high-speed internet access.
In conclusion, Kuwait International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights. Passengers can stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely using the airport’s free WiFi network, while those who need to work or study can take advantage of the airport’s business lounges, meeting rooms, and workstations.
The Kuwait International Airport offers many lounges for travelers looking to relax and unwind before their flight. Below are the lounges available at the airport and their locations:
- Oasis Lounge: Located in Terminal 1, Arrival Hall
- Marhaba Lounge: Located in Terminal 1, Departures Hall
- Al Mubarak Lounge: Located in Terminal 1, Departures Hall
- Al Ahli Lounge: Located in Terminal 1, Departures Hall
- Al Khair Lounge: Located in Terminal 2, Departures Hall
- Al Dana Lounge: Located in Terminal 3, Departures Hall
- Al Fawares Lounge: Located in Terminal 4, Departures Hall
Accomodation Options Nearby Kuwait International Airport
Kuwait International Airport, located in Farwaniya, serves as the main gateway to Kuwait City. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, the airport offers a range of accommodation options catering to different budgets and preferences. From affordable options to luxurious stays, here are the accommodation choices available at Kuwait International Airport:
1. Rest Zones:
For travelers seeking a quick and budget-friendly place to rest, a rest zone is available within the airport. These zones offer comfortable seating, recliners, and sleeping pods, providing a convenient spot to relax during layovers or delays.
2. Transit Hotels:
Kuwait International Airport features transit hotels within the terminal building for passengers looking for a brief overnight stay. These hotels offer compact yet cozy rooms equipped with essential amenities such as beds, bathrooms, and Wi-Fi access. They are ideal for those with early connections or longer layovers.
3. Budget Hotels:
Adjacent to the airport, several budget-friendly hotels are available for travelers on a tight budget. These hotels provide affordable accommodations without compromising on comfort. They offer clean rooms, basic amenities, and often include complimentary breakfast.
4. Mid-Range Hotels:
Travelers seeking a more comfortable stay without breaking the bank can opt for mid-range hotels located near the airport. These hotels offer spacious rooms, well-equipped facilities, and a variety of services. Wi-Fi, fitness centers, restaurants, and 24-hour front desk assistance are commonly available.
5. Business Hotels:
For business travelers with specific needs, there are business hotels in close proximity to the airport. These hotels cater to professionals requiring conference rooms, meeting facilities, and business centers. They also provide comfortable rooms, dining options, and other amenities for a convenient stay.
6. Luxury Hotels:
Indulge in a luxurious experience by choosing one of the high-end hotels situated near the airport. These upscale accommodations offer lavish rooms, world-class amenities, spas, fitness centers, fine dining options, and attentive service. Some may even provide chauffeur services or private airport transfers.
7. Airport Lounges:
Although not overnight accommodations, airport lounges offer a pleasant environment to relax during layovers. These lounges often provide comfortable seating, Wi-Fi access, charging stations, showers, and food and beverage services. Many airlines also offer exclusive lounges for their premium passengers.
It’s essential to note that Kuwait International Airport does not have an on-site hotel within the terminal itself. However, with a diverse range of accommodation options available nearby and within a short distance from the airport, passengers can find something suitable for their needs and preferences.
1. The Avenues Mall: Located just a 15-minute drive from Kuwait International Airport, The Avenues Mall is the largest shopping mall in Kuwait and a top destination for shopaholics. With over 800 stores, a wide range of international brands, and countless dining options, this mall promises a memorable shopping experience.
2. Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Cultural Centre: Situated around 10 minutes away from the airport, this impressive architectural masterpiece is a hub for arts and culture. Visitors can explore cutting-edge theater performances, art exhibitions, musical concerts, and various cultural events happening throughout the year.
3. Kuwait Zoo: Only a few kilometers away from the airport, Kuwait Zoo offers an immersive experience with a diverse range of animals from around the world. Visitors can witness lions, giraffes, elephants, and many other species in well-maintained enclosures, making it an excellent destination for families.
4. Kuwait Towers: These iconic towers are just a short drive from the airport and offer panoramic views of Kuwait City. Visitors can enjoy stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, savor delicious local cuisine in the revolving restaurant, or explore the maritime museum inside the towers showcasing Kuwait’s rich maritime history.
5. Marina Crescent: Situated close to the airport, Marina Crescent is a vibrant waterfront shopping and entertainment complex. Visitors can indulge in shopping, savor international cuisines in its numerous restaurants, or simply take a leisurely walk along the marina to enjoy the picturesque views.
6. Grand Mosque: Located within a 15-minute drive from the airport, the Grand Mosque is a majestic structure and one of the largest mosques in Kuwait. Visitors can admire the intricate architectural design, learn about Islamic culture, and witness the grandeur of this religious landmark.
7. Tareq Rajab Museum of Islamic Calligraphy: Situated within proximity to the airport, this unique museum displays an impressive collection of breathtaking Islamic calligraphy. Visitors can explore ancient manuscripts, intricately designed Qurans, and various calligraphic art pieces, providing a glimpse into the rich artistic heritage of Islam.
8. Scientific Center: Just a short distance from the airport, the Scientific Center offers a perfect blend of education and entertainment. Visitors can discover the wonders of marine life at the aquarium, enjoy interactive exhibits on scientific phenomena, or catch an IMAX movie in the world’s largest IMAX screen.
9. Al Kout Beach: Located approximately 30 minutes away from the airport, Al Kout Beach presents a beautiful coastline where visitors can relax, soak up the sun, and enjoy swimming. With numerous beachside cafes and restaurants, it offers the perfect opportunity to unwind and relish delicious local cuisine.
10. Sadu House: Situated within a short drive from the airport, Sadu House is a cultural center that showcases traditional Kuwaiti crafts and heritage. Visitors can explore exhibits of hand-woven textiles, traditional dress, and intricate Sadu weaving techniques, gaining insights into the rich Bedouin traditions of Kuwait.
History of Kuwait International Airport
Kuwait International Airport is the main airport in Kuwait and is located in Farwaniya, about 15 kilometers south of Kuwait City. The airport was first opened in 1927 as a small airfield for military purposes. In 1954, the airport was expanded and modernized to accommodate commercial flights. Since then, the airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to meet the growing demand for air travel in the region.
In 1991, during the Gulf War, the airport was severely damaged by Iraqi forces and was closed for several months. After the war, the airport was rebuilt and modernized with state-of-the-art facilities. In 2004, a new terminal was opened, which increased the airport’s capacity to handle more than 20 million passengers annually.
Today, Kuwait International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the Middle East, serving as a hub for several major airlines. The airport has won several awards for its facilities and services, including the Best Airport in the Middle East award in 2018. With ongoing expansion plans, the airport is set to continue to grow and serve as a vital transportation hub for the region.
Other Airports in Al Farwaniyah Governorate, Kuwait