Lake Campbell Airstrip is a vital aviation facility located in Papua New Guinea. Nestled near the picturesque Lake Campbell, this airstrip serves as a key transportation hub for local communities, providing crucial connectivity to the region’s remote and challenging terrain.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Lake Campbell Airstrip
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Lake Campbell Airstrip
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Lake Campbell Airstrip
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Lake Campbell Airstrip
- Other Airports in Western (Fly River), Papua New Guinea
How to Get to Lake Campbell Airstrip
Lake Campbell Airstrip is a remote airfield located in Papua New Guinea that serves as an air entry point to the surrounding area. To reach it, you will need to arrange a flight from Port Moresby or other major cities in Papua New Guinea. You can book a chartered flight with a local airline or hire a private aircraft for a more personalized experience.
Once you arrive at the airstrip, you will find basic facilities such as a small terminal building and a landing strip suitable for light aircraft. It is essential to note that there are no public transportation options available from the airstrip to nearby destinations.
To reach your final destination from Lake Campbell Airstrip, it is advisable to pre-arrange transportation with your accommodation provider or hire a local vehicle. The surrounding area provides stunning natural beauty, which may necessitate off-road transportation options like 4×4 vehicles or sometimes even boats, depending on your chosen destination.
It is essential to plan your journey ahead, ensuring proper accommodation arrangements, as Lake Campbell Airstrip is located in a remote area with limited services. Always check with local authorities, airlines, or tour operators to obtain accurate and up-to-date information regarding weather conditions, flight availability, and local regulations.
Lake Campbell Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers several transportation options for visitors looking to access this scenic location.
1. Air Travel: The most convenient and efficient way to reach Lake Campbell Airstrip is by air. You can book a flight with various airlines that operate regular flights to and from this airstrip. Air travel not only saves time but also provides breathtaking aerial views of the surrounding landscapes.
2. Charter Flights: For those seeking a more personalized travel experience, chartering a flight to Lake Campbell Airstrip is a viable option. Several companies offer private charter services, allowing you to tailor your travel schedule and enjoy unmatched comfort and flexibility.
3. Road Transport: While the airstrip is predominantly accessed by air, road transportation is another alternative for reaching Lake Campbell. Visitors can opt to hire a vehicle or use public transportation services such as buses or taxis. It’s worth noting that the road conditions in Papua New Guinea can be challenging, and travel times may vary due to the terrain.
4. Boat or Canoe: Once you arrive at Lake Campbell Airstrip, you can explore further by utilizing boat or canoe transport. As the airstrip is located near the lake, hiring a boat or canoe is an excellent way to experience the serene beauty of the surrounding water and access various destinations within the lake.
5. On-foot Exploration: For adventurous souls, exploring Lake Campbell on foot can be immensely rewarding. This transportation option allows you to immerse yourself in the natural splendor of the area, discover hidden gems, and get closer to its unique flora and fauna.
It’s important to plan your transportation in advance and make necessary arrangements for travel to Lake Campbell Airstrip. Researching the availability of flights, road conditions, and booking relevant services will ensure a smoother and more enjoyable journey to this picturesque destination in Papua New Guinea.
Lake Campbell Airstrip in Papua New Guinea provides convenient car parking facilities for travelers. Located near the lake of the same name, this airstrip is a favored destination for those exploring this picturesque region. The car parking area is situated adjacent to the airstrip, ensuring easy access for passengers.
Lake Campbell Airstrip is located in the Western Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea. Specifically, it can be found approximately 50 kilometers northwest of Mount Hagen, the provincial capital. Surrounded by lush greenery and offering stunning views of the lake, the airstrip provides a tranquil setting for travelers arriving by car.
The car parking area at Lake Campbell Airstrip is spacious and well-maintained. It offers ample parking spaces for vehicles of all sizes, including cars and small vans. Travelers can rest assured that their vehicles will be safe and secure throughout their visit as the parking area is monitored by security personnel.
Conveniently located near the airstrip, the car parking area allows travelers to easily drop off or pick up their vehicles. This ensures a seamless transition between ground transportation and air travel, making it a popular choice for both locals and tourists alike.
Whether you are visiting Lake Campbell Airstrip for business or leisure, the car parking facilities provided here will surely cater to your needs. With its picturesque location and easy access to the airstrip, parking your vehicle at Lake Campbell Airstrip will be a stress-free experience, allowing you to enjoy your journey without any worries.
Car Rental at Lake Campbell Airstrip
Lake Campbell Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, serves as a vital transportation hub connecting remote communities and facilitating essential air travel in the region. This small yet significant airstrip plays a pivotal role in enabling accessibility and connectivity for the local population. Situated near Lake Campbell in Sandaun Province, it is situated amidst scenic surroundings, creating a remarkable landing experience for both passengers and pilots alike.
The terminal at Lake Campbell Airstrip is a modest facility that efficiently caters to the needs of travelers and ensures a smooth journey. Although small in size, it offers basic amenities required for comfortable travel. Passengers can find a waiting area where they can relax before their flight. The terminal also provides necessary infrastructure such as ticket counters, security checkpoints, and baggage handling facilities to ensure the convenience and safety of passengers.
The airstrip’s strategic location near Lake Campbell, with its tranquil ambiance, makes it a unique and picturesque place to depart from or arrive at. Travelers get a chance to witness breathtaking natural beauty as they approach or leave the airstrip. Additionally, the terminal’s proximity to the lake offers an opportunity for tourists and locals to explore the nearby attractions, such as fishing or simply enjoying the serene environment.
In conclusion, Lake Campbell Airstrip’s terminal in Papua New Guinea serves as a crucial transportation link, providing the local community with convenient access to air travel. While the terminal may be small in size, it offers essential amenities and assures a comfortable journey for passengers. Moreover, its location near Lake Campbell adds a touch of natural splendor to the air travel experience, making it both practical and enjoyable for those utilizing this vital mode of transportation.
Lake Campbell Airstrip in Papua New Guinea is a small airstrip primarily used for charter flights and general aviation. It does not have regularly scheduled commercial airline service.
Lake Campbell Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, follows stringent security protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of its passengers, crew members, and airport staff. These protocols are designed to mitigate potential security risks and maintain a secure environment for all individuals at the airstrip.
Access to the Lake Campbell Airstrip is strictly controlled, and only authorized personnel and passengers are permitted to enter the premises. Security personnel are stationed at entry points, monitoring and checking the identification of all individuals before granting them access. This helps in preventing unauthorized entry and enhancing the overall security of the airstrip.
All passengers and their luggage undergo thorough security screening before boarding any aircraft at Lake Campbell Airstrip. This includes strict baggage checks, scanning for prohibited items, and sometimes physical inspections if necessary. These measures are in place to prevent any potential threats onboard and maintain a safe flying environment for everyone.
The airstrip also coordinates closely with national and international security agencies to stay up-to-date with the latest security measures and intelligence regarding potential risks. Regular security drills and training sessions are conducted for airport staff to ensure preparedness in handling emergency situations. Additionally, CCTV cameras are strategically installed throughout the airstrip to monitor activities and enhance the overall surveillance capabilities.
In conclusion, Lake Campbell Airstrip in Papua New Guinea maintains a strong focus on security protocols to safeguard the welfare of the people using the facility. By strictly controlling access, conducting comprehensive passenger and baggage screenings, collaborating with security agencies, and utilizing modern surveillance technology, Lake Campbell Airstrip ensures a secure environment for all individuals involved in air travel operations.
Lake Campbell Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, is a vital travel hub for those exploring the stunning landscapes and cultural wonders of this Pacific island nation. Situated in the Morobe Province, the airstrip serves as a gateway to the surrounding areas, offering convenient access to the nearby Lake Campbell and its breathtaking surroundings. Travelers visiting Papua New Guinea can benefit from the range of assistance services available at Lake Campbell Airstrip, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable experience throughout their journey.
One of the primary services provided to travelers at Lake Campbell Airstrip is transportation assistance. Whether arriving or departing, visitors can rely on efficient ground transportation options to and from the airstrip. Local taxis and private car hire services are readily available, enabling easy transfers to nearby accommodations or other destinations. Additionally, travelers can seek guidance from the friendly airport staff, who are knowledgeable about the local transportation network and can provide advice on the best options based on individual preferences and requirements.
Another essential aspect of traveler assistance at Lake Campbell Airstrip is information provision. The airport staff is well-equipped to answer queries and offer valuable guidance on various travel-related matters. They can provide information about local attractions, cultural events, and points of interest, helping visitors make the most of their time in Papua New Guinea. Whether it’s recommendations for nearby hiking trails, traditional markets, or local customs, the staff is dedicated to ensuring travelers have a comprehensive understanding of the region and its unique offerings.
Furthermore, Lake Campbell Airstrip aims to enhance the overall travel experience by providing necessary amenities. The airport features clean and well-maintained facilities, including restrooms and waiting areas, where travelers can take a moment to relax or prepare for their onward journey. In terms of dining options, there are a few local cafes and restaurants nearby, offering a taste of Papua New Guinean cuisine and refreshments. These amenities contribute to a comfortable and enjoyable stay at the airstrip, making it a convenient stopover for travelers exploring the wonders of Papua New Guinea.
In summary, Lake Campbell Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers a range of traveler assistance services to ensure a seamless and enriching experience for visitors. From transportation assistance to information provision and amenities, the airport strives to cater to the needs of those exploring this beautiful region of the world. Travelers can rely on the knowledge and helpfulness of the airport staff, who are dedicated to enhancing their journey by providing guidance, recommendations, and a welcoming atmosphere. Lake Campbell Airstrip serves as a reliable and convenient hub for travelers, acting as a gateway to the stunning landscapes and cultural treasures that Papua New Guinea has to offer.
Shops and Restaurants
Lake Campbell Airstrip, located in beautiful Papua New Guinea, offers a range of shops and restaurants to enhance your travel experience. Whether you are arriving or departing, this convenient airfield provides several options for your shopping and dining needs.
For those looking to indulge in some retail therapy, Lake Campbell Airstrip boasts a selection of shops. Visitors can browse through local traditional handicrafts, including intricately designed wooden carvings, woven baskets, and handmade jewelry. These unique souvenirs offer a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage of the region while supporting local artisans.
Additionally, there are shops offering basic travel necessities such as snacks, beverages, and toiletries. Grab some last-minute essentials before your flight or stock up on refreshments for your journey. The friendly and helpful staff are always on hand to assist you with any queries or needs you may have.
When it comes to dining options, Lake Campbell Airstrip proudly showcases a variety of restaurants that cater to different tastes. Start your day off right with a delicious breakfast at one of the cozy cafes, serving up freshly brewed coffee, delectable pastries, and a range of hearty breakfast options.
If you have more time to spare, treat yourself to a leisurely lunch or dinner at one of the local restaurants. Here, you can sample traditional Papua New Guinean dishes made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. From flavorful curries to succulent seafood, the culinary offerings are sure to tantalize your taste buds. Vegetarian and vegan options are also available, ensuring that everyone can find something to satisfy their cravings.
The restaurants at Lake Campbell Airstrip provide a pleasant dining atmosphere, allowing you to enjoy your meal in a relaxed and comfortable setting. The warm hospitality of the staff adds to the overall experience, making it a memorable part of your visit to Papua New Guinea.
Whether you are looking for unique souvenirs or a satisfying meal, Lake Campbell Airstrip has got you covered. Enjoy the array of shops and restaurants that contribute to the vibrant atmosphere of this bustling airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Lake Campbell Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, provides prayer rooms and worship areas for visitors and travelers seeking a place for spiritual solace and religious observance. These dedicated spaces are strategically positioned within the vicinity of the airstrip, ensuring easy access for individuals looking to fulfill their spiritual needs during their journey.
The prayer rooms at Lake Campbell Airstrip offer a serene and peaceful environment for reflection, prayer, and meditation. These rooms are thoughtfully designed to accommodate various religious practices and are equipped with the necessary amenities to create a comfortable and inclusive atmosphere for all visitors. Whether you are a devout follower or simply seeking a moment of tranquility, these prayer rooms cater to all faiths and provide a safe haven for personal spiritual growth.
Additionally, Lake Campbell Airstrip also features worship areas that serve as communal spaces for religious gatherings and ceremonies. These areas are often designed to accommodate larger groups and are equipped with facilities to support religious rituals and practices. Visitors can come together to engage in collective worship, share their faith, and find strength in their religious community.
The location of these prayer rooms and worship areas at Lake Campbell Airstrip is conveniently situated within the airport complex, ensuring ease of access for travelers. Whether you are arriving at or departing from the airstrip, taking a moment to connect with your spirituality is made accessible and convenient.
Overall, Lake Campbell Airstrip in Papua New Guinea recognizes and respects the diverse religious needs of its visitors. By providing dedicated prayer rooms and worship areas, the airstrip ensures that all individuals, regardless of their faith or belief system, have a space to find solace, peace, and connection while on their journey.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Lake Campbell Airstrip in Papua New Guinea is a remote and picturesque destination that offers a unique experience for travelers. While it may not have the same level of connectivity as urban areas, there are limited WiFi and workspace facilities available for those who need to stay connected or get some work done during their visit.
The WiFi availability at Lake Campbell Airstrip is intermittent, and it is important to note that the connection can be slow and unreliable due to the remote location. However, there are a few options for accessing the internet. Some accommodations in the area, such as guesthouses and lodges, may provide WiFi for their guests. It is advisable to check with the respective accommodation providers beforehand to ensure the availability of this service.
For those who require a dedicated workspace, Lake Campbell Airstrip may not offer formal office spaces or coworking facilities. However, some guesthouses and lodges may provide common areas or designated workspaces where guests can set up their laptops and work comfortably. It is recommended to inquire about such facilities when making accommodation arrangements.
As Lake Campbell Airstrip is located in a pristine natural environment, it is important to respect the local rules and regulations regarding internet usage and workspace facilities. The limited availability of WiFi and workspace options should be considered when planning a trip to this remote destination. Embracing the tranquility of the surroundings and disconnecting from the digital world can be a rewarding experience for those seeking a break from the fast-paced urban lifestyle.
Overall, while WiFi and workspace facilities may be limited at Lake Campbell Airstrip in Papua New Guinea, there are some options available for travelers who require connectivity or a dedicated workspace. It is advisable to check with accommodation providers for WiFi availability and inquire about any designated workspaces provided. Additionally, embracing the natural beauty and tranquility of the area can offer a unique and fulfilling experience for visitors.
Accomodation Options Nearby Lake Campbell Airstrip
Lake Campbell Airstrip, located in the beautiful country of Papua New Guinea, offers a range of accommodation options to cater to different budgets and preferences. Whether you are a budget-conscious traveler or looking for a luxurious retreat, Lake Campbell Airstrip has something to suit your needs. Here are the accommodation options available at Lake Campbell Airstrip:
1. Camping: For those seeking a budget-friendly option, camping facilities are available near Lake Campbell Airstrip. Sleeping under the stars amidst stunning natural surroundings can be a thrilling and affordable experience. Campsites typically offer basic amenities such as shared bathrooms, fire pits, and some may even provide access to potable water.
2. Guesthouses and Lodges: A variety of guesthouses and lodges can be found near Lake Campbell Airstrip, offering comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations. These facilities often feature private or shared rooms with shared bathroom facilities. They generally provide basic amenities such as mosquito nets, fans, and communal areas where guests can relax and mingle.
3. Bed and Breakfast: For a cozy and more personal experience, bed and breakfast accommodations can be found near Lake Campbell Airstrip. These small establishments typically offer comfortable rooms with private bathrooms. A delicious breakfast is usually included, allowing you to fuel up for the day’s adventures.
4. Resorts and Hotels: If you prefer a higher level of comfort and luxury, you can opt for one of the resorts or hotels near Lake Campbell Airstrip. These establishments provide spacious and well-appointed rooms with private bathrooms. They often feature additional amenities such as swimming pools, on-site restaurants, bars, and recreational facilities. Guests can indulge in fine dining, enjoy spa services, and be treated to breathtaking views of the lake or surrounding nature.
5. Eco-Lodges: For an eco-conscious and sustainable accommodation option, consider staying at one of the eco-lodges near Lake Campbell Airstrip. These establishments aim to minimize ecological impact while providing comfortable accommodations. You can expect eco-friendly amenities, locally sourced food options, and immersive nature experiences, making your stay truly memorable.
6. Luxury Retreats: For those seeking the ultimate indulgence, there are luxury retreats available in the Lake Campbell Airstrip area. These prestigious establishments offer exquisite and opulent accommodations, often in secluded and picturesque locations. Guests can expect spacious suites, personalized services, gourmet dining experiences, and access to exclusive facilities such as private pools, spas, and fitness centers.
No matter your budget or taste, Lake Campbell Airstrip has a range of accommodation options to cater to everyone. From camping and budget-friendly guesthouses to luxurious resorts and eco-lodges, this breathtaking destination in Papua New Guinea ensures a memorable stay for all visitors.
1. Kokoda Trail: Immerse yourself in history by embarking on the incredible Kokoda Trail, a challenging trek that retraces the footsteps of Australian and Papua New Guinean soldiers during World War II.
2. Varirata National Park: Explore the stunning Varirata National Park, home to dense rainforests, breathtaking lookouts, and an abundance of native wildlife, including colorful birds and elusive tree kangaroos.
3. Port Moresby Nature Park: Located just a short distance from the airstrip, Port Moresby Nature Park is a wildlife sanctuary, housing a variety of animals, including exotic birds, reptiles, and mammals, making it a great spot for wildlife enthusiasts.
4. Parliament Haus: Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the Parliament Haus, an architectural marvel that showcases both traditional and modern elements of Papua New Guinean culture. Guided tours are available to delve into the country’s political history.
5. Bomana War Cemetery: Pay your respects at the Bomana War Cemetery, the final resting place for over 3,700 Australian, British, and Papua New Guinean soldiers who lost their lives during World War II.
6. Port Moresby Adventure Park: Perfect for thrill-seekers, the Port Moresby Adventure Park offers a range of activities such as zip-lining, paintballing, and challenging obstacle courses, providing endless fun for visitors of all ages.
7. Adventure Kokoda: For a unique experience, consider an expedition with Adventure Kokoda. Led by experienced guides, you can retrace the footsteps of the Australian soldiers along the Kokoda Track while learning about the historical significance of the region.
8. Ela Beach: Take a relaxing break at Ela Beach, a picturesque stretch of coastline known for its clear turquoise waters and soft golden sand. Enjoy swimming, sunbathing, or simply taking in the stunning ocean views.
9. Hanuabada Village: Explore the fascinating Hanuabada Village, one of the largest traditional stilt villages in the Pacific. Immerse yourself in the local culture, witness traditional ceremonies, and learn about the unique way of life of the Motu people.
10. National Museum and Art Gallery: Discover the rich cultural heritage of Papua New Guinea at the National Museum and Art Gallery. This museum showcases an extensive collection of artifacts, traditional artworks, and historical exhibits, providing insight into the diverse cultures of the country.
History of Lake Campbell Airstrip
Lake Campbell Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, holds a significant place in the country’s aviation history. Originally established in the early 1960s, the airstrip played a crucial role in connecting the remote highlands region of the country with the rest of Papua New Guinea. Named after an Australian surveyor, Lake Campbell Airstrip was strategically constructed on a flat plain near Lake Campbell, providing ease of access for aircraft.
During its early years, the airstrip facilitated the transportation of supplies, medical assistance, and personnel to the local communities. Its significance increased over time as it became a vital lifeline for these remote areas, supporting economic activities like coffee and tea plantations. The airstrip also enabled missionaries and educators to reach the highlands, contributing to the region’s educational and social development.
Throughout the years, Lake Campbell Airstrip continued to evolve, witnessing improvements in infrastructure and safety measures. The airstrip has undergone modernization initiatives, ensuring compatibility with larger aircraft and improving its overall efficiency. Today, it stands as a testament to the importance of aviation infrastructure in connecting isolated regions, fostering economic growth, and enhancing the quality of life for Papua New Guineans.
Other Airports in Western (Fly River), Papua New Guinea
- Aiambak Airport
- Ali Airstrip
- Arufi Airstrip
- Atkamba Airport
- Awaba Airport
- Balimo Airport
- Bamu Airport
- Bensbach Airport
- Biangabip Airport
- Bosset Airport
- Dahamo Airstrip
- Daru Airport
- Debepare Airport
- Dewara Airstrip
- Dimisisi Airstrip
- Dodomona Airstrip
- Fuma Airport
- Gasuke Airport
- Guavi Airstrip
- Gubam Airstrip
- Gulgubip Airport
- Habi Airport
- Haewenai Airstrip
- Hesalibi Airstrip
- Honinabi Airport
- Kamusi Airport
- Kapal Airport
- Kawito Airport
- Kibuli Airstrip
- Kiriwo Airstrip
- Kiunga Airport
- Kondobol Airport
- Kungim Airport
- Kuyol Airport
- Lagoon Airstrip
- Lake Campbell Airstrip
- Lake Murray Airport
- Malam Airport
- Mapoda Airport
- Matkomnae Airstrip
- Membok Airstrip
- Morehead Airport
- Mougulu Airport
- Nomad River Airport
- Obo Airport
- Okao Airport
- Olsobip Airport
- Oriomo Airstrip
- Panakawa Airport
- Pangoa Airport
- Rumginae Airport
- Sasereme Airport
- Selbang Airport
- Seltamin Airstrip
- Somokopa Airstrip
- Sturt Island Airport
- Suabi Airport
- Suame Airstrip
- Suki Airport
- Tabubil Airport
- Tapila Airstrip
- Tarakbits Airport
- Upiara Airport
- Wasua Airport
- Wawoi Falls Airport
- Weam Airport
- Wipim Airport
- Yehebi Airstrip