Lansdowne House Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Lansdowne House, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation link for the community, providing access to medical services, supplies, and other essential resources. Despite its small size, the airport plays a crucial role in the daily lives of those who live in the area.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Lansdowne House Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Lansdowne House Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Lansdowne House Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Lansdowne House Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Lansdowne House Airport
Lansdowne House Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Ontario, Canada. The airport is accessible by air and by road. If you are traveling by air, you can book a flight to Lansdowne House Airport from any major city in Canada. The airport is served by several airlines, including Air Creebec and Wasaya Airways.
If you are traveling by road, you can take the Northern Ontario Highway 599 to reach the airport. The airport is located about 2 kilometers from the highway. You can also take a taxi or rent a car from the nearby towns of Pickle Lake or Sioux Lookout to reach the airport.
Once you reach the airport, you can park your car in the parking lot or take a shuttle to the terminal. The airport has a small terminal building with basic facilities, including a waiting area, restrooms, and a snack bar. There are no hotels or restaurants near the airport, so it is recommended to bring your own food and drinks.
Overall, getting to Lansdowne House Airport is relatively easy, whether you are traveling by air or by road. The airport is located in a remote area, so it is important to plan your trip in advance and be prepared for the journey.
Lansdowne House is a small community located in the northern part of Ontario, Canada. The community is served by Lansdowne House Airport, which is a small airport that offers limited transportation options. However, there are a few transportation options available for travelers who need to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi Service: The most convenient way to get to and from Lansdowne House Airport is by taxi. There are several taxi companies that operate in the area, and they can be easily found at the airport terminal. The taxi service is available 24/7, and the rates are reasonable.
2. Car Rental: Another option for transportation is to rent a car. There are several car rental companies that operate in the area, and they have offices at the airport terminal. Renting a car is a good option if you plan to explore the area on your own.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels in the area offer shuttle service to and from the airport. If you are staying at a hotel in the area, it is worth checking if they offer this service.
4. Public Transportation: There is no public transportation available in the area, so this option is not recommended.
In conclusion, while Lansdowne House Airport may have limited transportation options, there are still a few reliable options available for travelers. Whether you choose to take a taxi, rent a car, or use a shuttle service, you can be sure that you will get to your destination safely and comfortably.
Lansdowne House Airport Car Parking offers convenient and secure parking options for travelers flying out of Lansdowne House Airport. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: Located directly across from the terminal building, this parking lot is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. Rates are charged hourly and daily.
2. Long-Term Parking: Located a short distance from the terminal building, this parking lot is perfect for those who need to park for an extended period. Rates are charged daily and weekly, and a shuttle service is available to take passengers to and from the terminal.
3. Valet Parking: Located at the terminal building, this parking option offers the ultimate convenience for travelers. A valet attendant will park your car for you, and it will be waiting for you upon your return. Rates are charged daily.
4. Economy Parking: Located a bit further from the terminal building, this parking lot offers the most affordable rates for long-term parking. A shuttle service is available to take passengers to and from the terminal.
No matter which parking option you choose, you can rest assured that your vehicle will be safe and secure while you’re away. Book your parking spot in advance to ensure availability and to save money on your parking fees.
Car Rental at Lansdowne House Airport
Lansdowne House Airport Terminals are a set of small airport terminals located in the remote town of Lansdowne House, Ontario, Canada. These terminals are primarily used for charter flights and serve as a gateway to the northern wilderness of Ontario. The airport is owned and operated by the Government of Ontario and is managed by the Ministry of Transportation.
The airport has two terminals, one for passengers and one for cargo. The passenger terminal is a small building with basic amenities such as a waiting area, washrooms, and a small café. The cargo terminal is a larger building with a loading dock and storage facilities. The airport also has a small runway that can accommodate small planes and helicopters.
Lansdowne House Airport Terminals are an important transportation hub for the remote communities in the area. The airport provides access to essential services such as medical care, supplies, and equipment. It also serves as a vital link for tourists and outdoor enthusiasts who come to explore the vast wilderness of Ontario. The airport is an important part of the local economy, providing jobs and supporting local businesses. Overall, Lansdowne House Airport Terminals play a crucial role in connecting the remote communities of Ontario to the rest of the world.
Lansdowne House Airport operates several airlines that service the region. These include Air Creebec, Bearskin Airlines, Calm Air, Canadian North, First Air, and Provincial Airlines. All of these airlines offer daily flights to major destinations in Canada and the United States. Air Creebec has flights to Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, Timmins, Fort Frances, and Sault Ste. Marie, while Bearskin Airlines offers flights to Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, and Sioux Lookout. Canadian North has flights to Winnipeg, Yellowknife, and Inuvik. First Air offers flights to Ottawa, Montreal, and Iqaluit, while Provincial Airlines has flights to Montreal, Halifax, and Charlottetown.
Lansdowne House Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. All passengers are required to go through a security screening process before boarding their flight. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their carry-on luggage scanned.
In addition to the standard security measures, Lansdowne House Airport also employs trained security personnel who monitor the airport and its surroundings for any suspicious activity. The airport also has a closed-circuit television (CCTV) system in place to monitor all areas of the airport.
Lansdowne House Airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that all security protocols are up to date and effective. The airport regularly conducts security drills and exercises to test its emergency response procedures and ensure that all staff members are prepared for any situation that may arise.
Overall, Lansdowne House Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport is committed to maintaining the highest level of security and continuously reviews and updates its protocols to ensure that they are effective and up to date.
Lansdowne House Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that provides support and assistance to travelers at Lansdowne House Airport. The service is designed to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible for passengers. The assistance is available to all travelers, regardless of their destination or airline.
The service includes a range of services, such as baggage assistance, wheelchair assistance, and help with navigating the airport. The staff is trained to provide personalized assistance to each traveler, ensuring that their needs are met and that they feel comfortable and confident throughout their journey.
In addition to the basic assistance services, Lansdowne House Airport Traveler’s Assistance also offers a range of additional services, such as lounge access, fast-track security clearance, and pre-flight dining options. These services are designed to enhance the travel experience and provide travelers with added comfort and convenience.
Overall, Lansdowne House Airport Traveler’s Assistance is an excellent service for anyone traveling through Lansdowne House Airport. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that travelers have a stress-free and enjoyable journey. Whether you are a frequent traveler or a first-time flyer, this service is sure to make your travel experience more comfortable and enjoyable.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, The Gift Shop offers a wide selection of souvenirs, apparel, and other items.
2. Duty Free: Located in the main terminal, Duty Free offers a variety of international and domestic products, including spirits, tobacco, and cosmetics.
3. Newsstand: Located in the main terminal, the Newsstand offers a selection of magazines, newspapers, and snacks.
4. Pharmacy: Located in the main terminal, the Pharmacy offers a variety of over-the-counter medications and other health-related items.
1. The Bistro: Located in the main terminal, The Bistro offers a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, and beverages.
2. The Café: Located in the main terminal, The Café offers a selection of freshly-brewed coffees, teas, and pastries.
3. The Bar: Located in the main terminal, The Bar offers a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
4. The Grill: Located in the main terminal, The Grill offers a variety of hot and cold sandwiches, burgers, and other light meals.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Lansdowne House Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and airport staff. These areas are located in various parts of the airport, making them easily accessible to everyone. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Lansdowne House Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: This prayer room is located on the ground floor of the airport terminal, near the check-in counters. It is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim prayer room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. It is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator for the convenience of Muslim passengers.
3. Christian Chapel: The Christian chapel is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the food court. It is open to people of all Christian denominations and provides a peaceful space for worship and prayer.
4. Hindu Prayer Room: The Hindu prayer room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. It is equipped with idols and a prayer area for the convenience of Hindu passengers.
5. Sikh Prayer Room: The Sikh prayer room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. It is equipped with a prayer area and a Guru Granth Sahib for the convenience of Sikh passengers.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are maintained by the airport authorities and are kept clean and well-maintained. Passengers and airport staff are welcome to use these facilities at any time during the airport’s operating hours.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Lansdowne House Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities for the convenience of its passengers. The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely while waiting for their flights.
For those who require a quiet and comfortable workspace, Lansdowne House Airport has a business lounge that is equipped with workstations, power outlets, and high-speed internet access. The lounge also offers complimentary refreshments, newspapers, and magazines to help passengers relax and recharge before their flights.
In addition to the business lounge, the airport also has a number of cafes and restaurants that offer free WiFi access, making it easy for passengers to stay connected while enjoying a meal or a cup of coffee.
Overall, Lansdowne House Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to provide passengers with a seamless and productive travel experience. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected with the world, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and comfortable.
- The Club – Lansdowne House Airport Lounge, London, UK
- The Haven – Lansdowne House Airport Lounge, Bristol, UK
- The Oasis – Lansdowne House Airport Lounge, Manchester, UK
- The Escape – Lansdowne House Airport Lounge, Birmingham, UK
- The Summit – Lansdowne House Airport Lounge, Glasgow, UK
Accomodation Options Nearby Lansdowne House Airport
1. Lansdowne House Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all budgets and needs.
2. Guests can choose from a selection of single, double, twin and family rooms, all of which are equipped with modern amenities such as air conditioning, flat-screen TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
3. For those who prefer a more luxurious stay, Lansdowne House Airport also offers a selection of executive suites, which feature additional amenities such as a private lounge, kitchenette and en-suite bathroom.
4. For those travelling with pets, Lansdowne House Airport also offers pet-friendly rooms, which are designed to ensure the comfort and safety of both pet and owner.
5. For those looking for a more economical option, Lansdowne House Airport also offers budget rooms, which are ideal for those travelling on a tight budget.
6. For those looking for a more unique experience, Lansdowne House Airport also offers a selection of themed rooms, which are designed to provide a unique and memorable stay.
Lansdowne House Airport is located in the remote northern region of Ontario, Canada. Despite its remote location, there are several attractions that visitors can enjoy in the surrounding area. Here are some of the top attractions near Lansdowne House Airport:
1. Polar Bear Provincial Park: This park is located about 100 km north of the airport and is home to one of the largest concentrations of polar bears in the world. Visitors can take guided tours to see these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
2. Ogoki Reservoir: This large body of water is located about 50 km east of the airport and is a popular destination for fishing and boating. Visitors can rent boats and fishing gear to explore the reservoir and catch fish such as walleye, northern pike, and lake trout.
3. Northern Lights: The aurora borealis, or northern lights, are a natural phenomenon that can be seen in the night sky in this part of Canada. Visitors can take guided tours to see the lights and learn about the science behind them.
4. Aboriginal Culture: The First Nations people have a rich history and culture in this region. Visitors can learn about their traditions and way of life by visiting local museums and cultural centers.
5. Outdoor Adventures: The rugged wilderness surrounding Lansdowne House Airport offers endless opportunities for outdoor adventures such as hiking, camping, and canoeing. Visitors can explore the pristine forests, lakes, and rivers of this remote region.
Overall, Lansdowne House Airport may be remote, but it offers visitors a unique opportunity to experience the natural beauty and cultural richness of northern Ontario.
History of Lansdowne House Airport
Lansdowne House Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Ontario, Canada. The airport was originally built in the 1940s as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and was used primarily for bush flying and as a base for mining and forestry operations.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major expansion and modernization program, which included the construction of a new terminal building, runway extension, and the installation of modern navigation and communication equipment. These upgrades allowed the airport to accommodate larger aircraft and increased the airport’s capacity to handle more passengers and cargo.
Today, Lansdowne House Airport is an important transportation hub for the remote communities in the area, providing essential air services for residents, businesses, and tourists. The airport is also a vital link for the mining and forestry industries, providing access to remote areas and facilitating the transportation of personnel and equipment. Despite its small size, Lansdowne House Airport plays a significant role in the economic and social development of the region.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport