Logan International Airport is a major airport located in Boston, Massachusetts. It serves as a hub for several airlines and offers both domestic and international flights. With its modern facilities and convenient location, Logan International Airport is a popular choice for travelers visiting the Boston area.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Logan International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Logan International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Logan International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Logan International Airport
- Other Airports in Massachusetts, United States
How to Get to Logan International Airport
Logan International Airport is located in East Boston, Massachusetts, and is easily accessible by various modes of transportation. If you are driving, you can take the Ted Williams Tunnel from downtown Boston or the Massachusetts Turnpike to the airport. There are also several parking options available, including on-site parking garages and off-site parking lots with shuttle services.
If you prefer public transportation, the MBTA offers several options to get to Logan Airport. The Blue Line subway runs directly to the airport, with stops at all terminals. The Silver Line bus also provides service to the airport from various locations in Boston, including South Station and the Seaport District.
For those traveling from outside of Boston, there are several shuttle services and taxis available to take you to Logan Airport. Many hotels in the area also offer shuttle services to the airport for their guests.
Overall, getting to Logan International Airport is easy and convenient, with a variety of transportation options available to suit your needs. Whether you are driving, taking public transportation, or using a shuttle service, you can easily reach the airport and begin your travels.
Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts offers a variety of transportation options for travelers. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside each terminal at Logan Airport. They offer a convenient and comfortable way to get to your destination. The fare from the airport to downtown Boston is approximately $25-$35.
2. Ride-sharing services: Uber and Lyft are also available at Logan Airport. They offer a cost-effective and convenient way to get to your destination. The fare from the airport to downtown Boston is approximately $20-$30.
3. Public transportation: The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) offers several options for getting to and from Logan Airport. The Silver Line bus is a free service that connects the airport to South Station in downtown Boston. The Blue Line subway also connects the airport to downtown Boston and other areas of the city.
4. Car rentals: Several car rental companies have offices at Logan Airport. You can rent a car and drive yourself to your destination. This option is ideal if you plan to explore the city and its surroundings.
5. Private car services: Private car services offer a luxurious and comfortable way to get to your destination. They are more expensive than taxis and ride-sharing services, but they offer a higher level of service and comfort.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Logan Airport has you covered. With a variety of options available, you can easily get to your destination in Boston or beyond.
Logan International Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Central Parking Garage: Located directly across from all terminals, the Central Parking Garage is the most convenient parking option. It offers covered parking and is open 24/7.
2. Terminal B Garage: Located adjacent to Terminal B, this garage offers covered parking and is open 24/7.
3. Terminal E Parking Lot: Located adjacent to Terminal E, this parking lot offers both covered and uncovered parking options and is open 24/7.
4. Economy Parking Lot: Located off-site, the Economy Parking Lot offers uncovered parking at a lower rate than the other parking options. A complimentary shuttle service is available to transport travelers to and from the terminals.
5. Cell Phone Lot: Located off-site, the Cell Phone Lot is a free parking option for those waiting to pick up arriving passengers. It is only a few minutes away from the terminals and offers a convenient waiting area.
No matter which parking option you choose, Logan International Airport provides safe and secure parking for all travelers.
Car Rental at Logan International Airport
Logan International Airport is located in Boston, Massachusetts and is one of the busiest airports in the United States. The airport has four terminals, each with its own unique features and amenities.
Terminal A is the smallest of the four terminals and is primarily used by Delta Air Lines. It has a variety of dining options, including Dunkin’ Donuts and Starbucks, as well as a duty-free shop and a Hudson News store.
Terminal B is the largest terminal at Logan International Airport and is used by several airlines, including American Airlines, JetBlue, and United Airlines. It has a wide range of dining options, from fast food to sit-down restaurants, as well as several shops and a duty-free store.
Terminal C is used exclusively by JetBlue and has a modern design with plenty of natural light. It has a variety of dining options, including a food court and sit-down restaurants, as well as several shops and a duty-free store.
Terminal E is the international terminal at Logan International Airport and is used by several airlines, including British Airways, Lufthansa, and Emirates. It has a variety of dining options, including a food court and sit-down restaurants, as well as several shops and a duty-free store. Terminal E also has a USO lounge for military personnel and their families.
Overall, Logan International Airport’s terminals offer a wide range of amenities and services for travelers, making it a convenient and comfortable airport to fly in and out of.
1. Aer Lingus
2. Air Canada
3. Air France
4. Alaska Airlines
5. American Airlines
6. British Airways
7. Cape Air
8. Delta Air Lines
10. Frontier Airlines
11. Hainan Airlines
13. JetBlue Airways
15. Norwegian Air Shuttle
16. Porter Airlines
17. Qatar Airways
18. Southwest Airlines
19. Spirit Airlines
20. Sun Country Airlines
21. TAP Air Portugal
22. United Airlines
23. Virgin Atlantic Airways
Logan International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the United States, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety of all travelers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols that are designed to prevent any potential threats.
One of the most visible security measures at Logan International Airport is the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screening process. All passengers are required to pass through a metal detector or full-body scanner, and their carry-on luggage is scanned for prohibited items. TSA agents may also conduct additional screenings, such as pat-downs or swab tests, if necessary.
In addition to TSA screenings, Logan International Airport also employs a range of other security measures. These include surveillance cameras, bomb-sniffing dogs, and random security checks. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to monitor any potential threats and respond quickly to any security incidents.
Overall, Logan International Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all travelers. While these measures may sometimes cause inconvenience or delays, they are essential for ensuring the safety of everyone who passes through the airport.
Logan International Airport offers a variety of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all travelers, including those with disabilities, families with young children, and non-English speaking passengers.
One of the most notable traveler’s assistance services at Logan International Airport is the Massport Ambassador Program. This program provides friendly and knowledgeable volunteers who are available to assist travelers with directions, information about airport services, and other travel-related questions. The ambassadors are easily identifiable by their bright blue jackets and are stationed throughout the airport.
For travelers with disabilities, Logan International Airport offers a range of services, including wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also has a dedicated TSA Cares helpline that provides assistance to travelers with disabilities or medical conditions who need help navigating the security screening process.
Families with young children can take advantage of the airport’s family restrooms, nursing rooms, and play areas. The airport also offers stroller rentals and has a variety of family-friendly dining options.
Overall, Logan International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible. Whether you need help with directions, have a disability, or are traveling with young children, the airport has a range of services to meet your needs.
Shops and Restaurants
Logan International Airport, located in Boston, Massachusetts, offers a wide variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
– Hudson: This popular travel store offers a range of products, including books, electronics, snacks, and travel accessories.
– Duty Free Americas: This duty-free shop offers a selection of liquor, tobacco, and luxury goods.
– L’Occitane: This French beauty brand offers a range of skincare, body care, and fragrance products.
– Vineyard Vines: This preppy clothing brand offers a selection of clothing, accessories, and gifts.
– Best Buy Express: This vending machine offers a selection of electronics, including headphones, chargers, and cameras.
– Legal Sea Foods: This Boston-based seafood restaurant offers a range of fresh seafood dishes, including clam chowder, lobster rolls, and fish and chips.
– Wahlburgers: This burger joint, owned by the famous Wahlberg brothers, offers a selection of burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
– Dunkin’ Donuts: This popular coffee and donut chain offers a range of coffee drinks, baked goods, and breakfast sandwiches.
– Wolfgang Puck Express: This casual restaurant offers a range of pizzas, sandwiches, and salads.
– Boston Beer Works: This brewpub offers a selection of craft beers and pub fare, including burgers, sandwiches, and wings.
These are just a few of the many shops and restaurants available at Logan International Airport. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or some last-minute shopping, there’s something for everyone at this bustling airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Logan International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and airport staff who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Logan International Airport:
1. Terminal A: There is a multi-faith chapel located on the third floor of Terminal A, near the food court. The chapel is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for prayer and meditation.
2. Terminal B: There is a Muslim prayer room located on the third floor of Terminal B, near the Delta Sky Club. The prayer room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers.
3. Terminal C: There is a Catholic chapel located on the lower level of Terminal C, near the baggage claim area. The chapel is open 24/7 and offers a space for Catholic passengers to pray and attend Mass.
4. Terminal E: There is a multi-faith chapel located on the upper level of Terminal E, near the food court. The chapel is open 24/7 and provides a quiet space for prayer and meditation.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Logan International Airport are open to passengers and airport staff of all faiths. They are maintained by the airport chaplaincy program and are designed to provide a peaceful and welcoming environment for those seeking spiritual solace.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Logan International Airport offers a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: Logan International Airport provides free WiFi throughout the airport, allowing travelers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable internet speeds.
Workspace Facilities: For travelers who need to get work done, Logan International Airport offers a variety of workspace facilities. These include:
1. Business Centers: Logan International Airport has several business centers located throughout the airport. These centers provide private workspaces, printing and copying services, and other amenities to help travelers stay productive.
2. Lounges: Logan International Airport has several lounges that offer comfortable seating, charging stations, and other amenities to help travelers relax and work in a quiet environment.
3. Workstations: Logan International Airport has several workstations located throughout the airport. These workstations provide seating, power outlets, and other amenities to help travelers stay productive while waiting for their flight.
Overall, Logan International Airport provides a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
Logan International Airport offers a variety of lounges for passengers to relax and enjoy while they wait for their flight. Here is a list of some of the lounges available:
- The American Airlines Admirals Club – Terminal B, near Gate B33
- The British Airways Galleries Club Lounge – Terminal E, near Gate E9
- The Delta Sky Club – Terminal A, near Gate A10
- The Emirates Lounge – Terminal E, near Gate E11
- The Etihad Airways First Class Lounge – Terminal E, near Gate E14
- The Swissport Executive Lounge – Terminal B, near Gate B23
- The Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse – Terminal E, near Gate E16
Accomodation Options Nearby Logan International Airport
Logan International Airport, located in Boston, Massachusetts, offers various accommodation options. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly stay or a luxurious experience, the airport has something to suit every traveler’s needs.
1. Yotelair: Conveniently located inside the airport, Yotelair offers affordable micro hotel rooms for short stays. These ergonomic spaces provide comfortable beds, en-suite bathrooms, and the latest technology, ensuring a good rest before or after your flight.
2. Hilton Boston Logan Airport: Situated adjacent to the airport, Hilton Boston Logan Airport provides a comfortable and convenient stay. This upscale hotel features modern rooms, multiple dining options, a fitness center, an indoor pool, and complimentary airport shuttles.
3. Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor: Positioned on the waterfront, Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor offers stunning views of the city skyline. Guests can enjoy spacious rooms, a restaurant with spectacular harbor vistas, a 24-hour fitness center, and access to the airport via water taxi.
4. Winthrop Beach Inn and Suites: Located near the airport, this budget-friendly accommodation is a great choice for travelers seeking affordability and comfort. The inn provides cozy rooms, complimentary breakfast, and easy access to nearby Winthrop Beach.
5. Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston at Logan Airport: Nestled close to the airport, this all-suite hotel offers spacious accommodations that include separate living areas, mini-fridges, and microwaves. The hotel also features a fitness center, an indoor pool, complimentary made-to-order breakfast, and evening receptions.
6. Courtyard Boston Logan Airport: A short distance from the airport, Courtyard Boston Logan Airport offers modern rooms equipped with comfortable beds, free Wi-Fi, and flat-screen TVs. Amenities include an on-site restaurant, a fitness center, and a complimentary airport shuttle.
7. The Ritz-Carlton, Boston: For those seeking the epitome of luxury, The Ritz-Carlton in downtown Boston offers an extravagant experience. Though not directly at the airport, it is easily accessible via taxi or public transportation. The hotel boasts spacious rooms, a world-class spa, a rooftop restaurant with panoramic views, and impeccable service.
These accommodation options at Logan International Airport cater to varying budgets and preferences, ensuring a pleasant stay for travelers no matter their needs.
1. Fenway Park: Located just over 4 miles from Logan International Airport, Fenway Park is the iconic home of the Boston Red Sox baseball team. Visitors can catch a game, take a tour of the ballpark, or enjoy the atmosphere in the surrounding Fenway-Kenmore neighborhood.
2. The Freedom Trail: This 2.5-mile long historic trail starts near Logan Airport and takes visitors on a journey through Boston’s rich history. Along the way, you can explore 16 significant sites including the Massachusetts State House, Paul Revere’s House, and the Old North Church.
3. New England Aquarium: Situated on the city’s waterfront, less than 5 miles from the airport, the New England Aquarium offers an incredible opportunity to discover marine life. Visitors can observe captivating exhibits, including the Giant Ocean Tank with its vibrant coral reef ecosystem.
4. Boston Common: As the oldest public park in the country, Boston Common is a serene oasis located approximately 2 miles from Logan Airport. This beautiful green space is perfect for a leisurely stroll, picnics, or even ice skating during the winter months.
5. USS Constitution Museum: Just 3 miles from the airport, the USS Constitution Museum is a must-visit attraction for history enthusiasts. It showcases the stories behind the USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship afloat in the world, offering interactive exhibits and engaging presentations.
6. Museum of Fine Arts: Less than 6 miles from Logan, the Museum of Fine Arts houses an impressive collection of art from various cultures and periods. Visitors can explore the museum’s extensive galleries, showcasing masterpieces by renowned artists such as Van Gogh, Monet, and Rembrandt.
7. Harvard University: Approximately 6 miles from the airport, Harvard University in Cambridge is one of the world’s most prestigious institutions of higher education. Visitors can take a guided tour of the historic campus, admire the iconic architecture, and explore the renowned Harvard Art Museums.
8. North End: Situated about 4 miles from Logan, the vibrant North End neighborhood is famous for its rich Italian-American heritage and delicious cuisine. Visitors can savor authentic Italian dishes in charming trattorias, explore the narrow cobblestone streets, and visit historic landmarks like the Old North Church.
9. Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum: Located less than 5 miles from Logan Airport, this interactive museum offers visitors a chance to experience the historic events that led to the American Revolution. Step aboard a replica tea ship, join in the reenactment of the Boston Tea Party, and learn about the city’s pivotal role in shaping American history.
10. Institute of Contemporary Art: Boasting breathtaking waterfront views, this contemporary art museum is located just over 3 miles from the airport. The Institute of Contemporary Art features rotating exhibitions, cutting-edge installations, and thought-provoking contemporary artworks from both established and emerging artists.
Please note that attractions’ operating hours and availability may vary.
History of Logan International Airport
Logan International Airport, located in Boston, Massachusetts, has a rich history dating back to the early 1920s. Originally known as Boston Airport, it was established as a military airfield during World War I. In 1923, the airport was opened to the public and commercial flights began operating from the airport.
Throughout the 1930s and 1940s, Logan Airport underwent several expansions and improvements, including the construction of a new terminal building and runway. During World War II, the airport played a crucial role in transporting troops and supplies to Europe.
In the 1950s and 1960s, Logan Airport continued to grow and modernize, with the addition of new terminals, parking garages, and runways. In 1973, the airport was renamed Logan International Airport in honor of General Edward Lawrence Logan, a prominent Boston attorney and World War I veteran.
Today, Logan International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the United States, serving millions of passengers each year. It is a hub for several major airlines, including Delta, JetBlue, and American Airlines, and offers non-stop flights to destinations around the world. Despite its growth and modernization, Logan Airport remains an important part of Boston’s history and a vital transportation hub for the region.
Other Airports in Massachusetts, United States
- Barnstable Municipal Boardman Polando Field
- Beverly Regional Airport
- Laurence G Hanscom Field
- Lawrence Municipal Airport
- Logan International Airport
- Nantucket Memorial Airport
- New Bedford Regional Airport
- Norwood Memorial Airport
- Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport
- Westover ARB/Metropolitan Airport
- Worcester Regional Airport