Lutselk’e Airport is a small airport located in the Northwest Territories of Canada. It serves the community of Lutselk’e and provides essential air transportation services to the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Lutselk’e Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Lutselk’e Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Lutselk’e Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Lutselk’e Airport
- Other Airports in Northwest Territories, Canada
How to Get to Lutselk’e Airport
Lutselk’e Airport is located in the Northwest Territories of Canada. To get to the airport, you can take a flight from Yellowknife, which is the nearest major city. The flight takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Alternatively, you can drive to Lutselk’e and park your car at the airport. The drive from Yellowknife to Lutselk’e takes approximately 8 hours, and the road is only accessible during the winter months when it is frozen.
If you are coming from outside of Canada, you will need to fly into Yellowknife first and then take a connecting flight to Lutselk’e. There are several airlines that operate flights to Yellowknife, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Canadian North.
Once you arrive at Lutselk’e Airport, you can rent a car or take a taxi to your final destination. It is important to note that Lutselk’e is a small community, so it is recommended to book your transportation in advance to ensure availability.
Lutselk’e Airport is a small airport located in the Northwest Territories of Canada. While it may not have many transportation options, there are a few ways to get to and from the airport.
1. Car rental: There are a few car rental companies located near the airport, including Budget and Enterprise. Renting a car is a great option if you plan on exploring the area or need to travel to a nearby town.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can take you to your destination. However, it is recommended to book a taxi in advance as there may not always be one available at the airport.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and lodges in the area offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Check with your accommodations to see if they offer this service.
4. Walking: If you are staying in the town of Lutselk’e, the airport is within walking distance. It is a short 10-15 minute walk from the airport to the town center.
Overall, while there may not be many transportation options at Lutselk’e Airport, there are still ways to get to your destination. Whether you choose to rent a car, take a taxi, use a shuttle service, or walk, you will be able to get where you need to go.
Lutselk’e Airport offers convenient car parking options for travelers. The airport has two parking areas available for use: short-term parking and long-term parking.
Short-term parking is located directly in front of the airport terminal building. This parking area is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers, or for those who are only staying at the airport for a short period of time. The short-term parking area is easily accessible and offers convenient access to the terminal building.
Long-term parking is located a short distance from the terminal building. This parking area is ideal for those who are traveling for an extended period of time and need to leave their vehicle at the airport. The long-term parking area is secure and well-lit, providing peace of mind for travelers who need to leave their vehicle for an extended period of time.
Both short-term and long-term parking at Lutselk’e Airport are affordable and easy to use. Travelers can pay for parking at the airport using cash or credit card. Additionally, there are parking attendants on duty to assist travelers with any questions or concerns they may have.
Car Rental at Lutselk’e Airport
- Northwest Territorial Rent-a-Car
- Polar Bear Rent-a-Car
- K’atl’odeeche Cab & Car Rental
- Aurora Car Rental
- Northern Auto Rental
- K’ahsho Got’ine Rent-A-Car
- Coyote Rent-A-Car
- Tulita Car Rental
- Tsiigehtchic Car Rental
- Sachs Harbour Car Rental
Lutselk’e Airport is a small airport located in the Northwest Territories of Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is small but well-equipped with all the necessary facilities to make passengers comfortable during their stay.
The terminal building has a waiting area with comfortable seating, a small café, and restrooms. The airport also has a small gift shop where passengers can purchase souvenirs and other items. The terminal building is wheelchair accessible and has designated parking spaces for disabled passengers.
The airport operates year-round and provides essential services to the local community. The airport is a vital link for residents of Lutselk’e and the surrounding areas, providing access to medical services, supplies, and other essential goods. The airport also serves as a gateway for tourists visiting the area, providing access to some of the most beautiful and remote wilderness areas in Canada. Overall, Lutselk’e Airport is a well-maintained and essential facility that serves the needs of both the local community and visitors to the area.
- Canadian North: Offers scheduled services to Yellowknife, Hay River, Fort Simpson, Fort Smith, Inuvik, Norman Wells and other regional airports.
- Air Tindi: Offers charter services to remote destinations in the Northwest Territories and beyond.
- North-Wright Airways: Offers scheduled air services to Yellowknife, Fort Simpson, Fort Smith, Inuvik, and other regional airports.
- North Star Air: Offers scheduled and charter services to remote destinations in the Northwest Territories and beyond.
Lutselk’e Airport, located in the Northwest Territories of Canada, has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. All passengers and their belongings are screened before entering the airport terminal. This includes a thorough inspection of carry-on luggage, checked baggage, and personal items such as jackets and shoes.
In addition to baggage screening, all passengers are required to pass through a metal detector and undergo a full-body scan. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or explosives, are immediately confiscated and the passenger may face legal consequences.
Airport staff also undergo rigorous background checks and training to ensure they are qualified to handle security procedures. They are trained to identify suspicious behavior and report any potential threats to the appropriate authorities.
Lutselk’e Airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies and the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) to continuously improve their security measures. These protocols are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure they meet the highest standards of safety and security.
Lutselk’e Airport is a small airport located in the Northwest Territories of Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers.
One of the most notable services offered at Lutselk’e Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has trained staff members who are available to assist passengers with mobility issues. They can help with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft, as well as navigating the airport terminal.
Another service offered at Lutselk’e Airport is baggage assistance. Passengers can request assistance with their luggage, including loading and unloading it from the aircraft. This service is particularly helpful for those with heavy or bulky luggage or those who may have difficulty lifting their bags.
In addition to these services, Lutselk’e Airport also offers assistance with language translation. The airport has staff members who are fluent in several languages, including French and Indigenous languages. This service can be particularly helpful for international travelers or those who may have difficulty communicating in English.
Overall, Lutselk’e Airport is committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that all passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s range of traveler’s assistance services is a testament to this commitment.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Northern Store: This convenience store offers a variety of grocery items, including fresh produce, frozen foods, and snacks.
2. The Lutselk’e Café: This cozy café serves up delicious homemade meals, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
3. The Lutselk’e Gift Shop: This shop offers a variety of souvenirs, including books, clothing, and jewelry.
4. The Lutselk’e Airport Bar: This bar offers a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as light snacks.
5. The Lutselk’e Airport Lounge: This lounge offers comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and a variety of magazines and newspapers.
6. The Lutselk’e Airport Store: This store offers a variety of travel essentials, including toiletries, snacks, and souvenirs.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
The Lutselk’e Airport in the Northwest Territories has two prayer rooms and worship areas available for those of faith to use.
The first is located in the main terminal building and is open for use at all times for those wishing to pause and pray or worship in their own way. The room is equipped with chairs and benches, and is also wheelchair accessible.
The second prayer room and worship area is located in the international terminal building, and is open for use during regular opening hours. This room is also furnished with chairs and benches, and is also wheelchair accessible.
Both prayer rooms and worship areas are free to use, and provide a peaceful and quiet environment for those of faith to practice their beliefs.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Lutselk’e Airport, located in the Northwest Territories of Canada, offers limited WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers. However, due to the remote location of the airport, the internet connection may be slow and unreliable.
Workspace: There is a small seating area available for passengers to work on their laptops or devices. However, there are no dedicated workstations or charging ports available. Passengers are advised to bring their own charging cables and power banks.
Overall, while Lutselk’e Airport does offer some basic WiFi and workspace facilities, passengers should not expect a fully equipped business center. It is recommended that travelers come prepared with their own devices and charging equipment.
- Elders’ Lounge at Lutselk’e Airport: Located in the terminal building, the Elders’ Lounge provides a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere for travelers.
- Arctic Air Lounge at Lutselk’e Airport: Located in the terminal building, the Arctic Air Lounge provides a modern and luxurious atmosphere for travelers.
- Northern Lights Lounge at Lutselk’e Airport: Located on the upper level of the terminal building, the Northern Lights Lounge provides a cozy and inviting atmosphere for travelers.
Accomodation Options Nearby Lutselk’e Airport
1. Lutselk’e Airport Lodge: Located just a few steps away from the airport, this lodge offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms, a restaurant, and a lounge.
2. Lutselk’e Airport Campground: This campground is situated near the airport and offers tent sites, RV sites, and cabins.
3. Lutselk’e Airport Hotel: This hotel is located within walking distance of the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and fitness center.
4. Lutselk’e Airport B&B: This bed and breakfast is located close to the airport and offers cozy rooms with private bathrooms, a shared kitchen, and a lounge.
Lutselk’e Airport is located in the Northwest Territories of Canada, and it serves as a gateway to some of the most breathtaking natural attractions in the region. Here are some of the top attractions near Lutselk’e Airport:
1. East Arm of Great Slave Lake: This is the largest lake in the Northwest Territories, and it is home to some of the best fishing and boating opportunities in the region. Visitors can enjoy a variety of water sports, including kayaking, canoeing, and paddleboarding.
2. Thaidene Nene National Park Reserve: This park is located on the eastern shore of Great Slave Lake, and it is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including caribou, moose, and grizzly bears. Visitors can explore the park’s hiking trails, go fishing, or take a guided tour to learn more about the local culture and history.
3. Aurora Village: This unique attraction offers visitors the chance to see the Northern Lights in all their glory. The village features heated teepees and cabins, as well as a viewing platform that provides an unobstructed view of the night sky.
4. Lutselk’e Dene First Nation: This community is located just a short distance from the airport, and it offers visitors the chance to learn about the local culture and history. Visitors can take a guided tour of the community, visit the local museum, or attend a traditional powwow.
5. Yellowknife: This city is located about 300 kilometers north of Lutselk’e, and it is the capital of the Northwest Territories. Visitors can explore the city’s historic Old Town, visit the Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre, or take a boat tour of Great Slave Lake.
History of Lutselk’e Airport
Lutselk’e Airport is a small airport located in the Northwest Territories of Canada. The airport was first established in the 1950s as a small airstrip used primarily for bush planes. Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and improvements to accommodate larger aircraft and increased traffic.
In the early 2000s, the airport underwent a major renovation project that included the construction of a new terminal building, runway extension, and improved lighting and navigation systems. These upgrades have made the airport more accessible and safer for pilots and passengers alike.
Today, Lutselk’e Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the surrounding communities, providing access to essential services and resources. The airport is also a popular destination for tourists and outdoor enthusiasts, offering easy access to the stunning natural beauty of the Northwest Territories. Despite its small size, Lutselk’e Airport plays a vital role in the region’s economy and infrastructure.
Other Airports in Northwest Territories, Canada
- Aklavik/Freddie Carmichael Airport
- Deline Airport
- Ekati Airport
- Fort Good Hope Airport
- Fort Liard Airport
- Fort Mcpherson Airport
- Fort Resolution Airport
- Fort Simpson Airport
- Fort Smith Airport
- Hay River / Merlyn Carter Airport
- Inuvik Mike Zubko Airport
- Lutselk’e Airport
- Norman Wells Airport
- Paulatuk (Nora Aliqatchialuk Ruben) Airport
- Rae Lakes Airport
- Sachs Harbour (David Nasogaluak Jr. Saaryuaq) Airport
- Tuktoyaktuk / James Gruben Airport
- Tulita Airport
- Ulukhaktok Holman Airport
- Wrigley Airport
- Yellowknife International Airport