Macau International Airport is the main airport in Macau, a special administrative region of China. It serves as a gateway to the city and the surrounding areas, handling both domestic and international flights. The airport is known for its modern facilities and efficient services, making it a popular choice among travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Macau International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Macau International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Macau International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Macau International Airport
- Other Airports in Macau, Macau
How to Get to Macau International Airport
Macau International Airport is located on the eastern end of Taipa Island, just a short distance from the Cotai Strip. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or shuttle.
Taxis are readily available throughout Macau and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The ride to the airport takes approximately 10-15 minutes from the city center and costs around MOP 60-80.
Buses are also a convenient and affordable option for getting to the airport. The AP1 bus runs from the Macau Ferry Terminal to the airport, with stops at major hotels and attractions along the way. The journey takes around 30 minutes and costs MOP 6.4.
Finally, many hotels and resorts in Macau offer complimentary shuttle services to the airport for their guests. Check with your hotel to see if they offer this service and to make a reservation in advance.
No matter which mode of transportation you choose, be sure to allow plenty of time to get to the airport, especially during peak travel periods.
Macau International Airport is the main gateway to the city of Macau, serving millions of passengers every year. To help travelers get to and from the airport, there are several transportation options available. Here are some of the most popular ways to get to and from Macau International Airport:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The taxi fare is metered and varies depending on the distance traveled and time of day.
2. Bus: There are several bus routes that serve the airport, including the AP1, MT1, and MT4. These buses run to various destinations in Macau and are an affordable option for travelers.
3. Shuttle Bus: Many hotels and resorts in Macau offer shuttle bus services to and from the airport. These services are often free for hotel guests and can be a convenient way to get to your accommodation.
4. Rental Car: There are several car rental companies located at the airport, including Avis, Hertz, and Europcar. Renting a car can be a good option if you plan to explore Macau and its surrounding areas.
5. Private Transfer: If you prefer a more personalized and comfortable transportation option, you can book a private transfer service. These services offer door-to-door transportation and can be arranged in advance.
No matter which transportation option you choose, getting to and from Macau International Airport is easy and convenient.
Macau International Airport offers several car parking options for passengers and visitors. Here are the different car parking areas and their locations:
1. Multi-Storey Car Park – Located adjacent to the airport terminal building, the multi-storey car park offers over 1,000 parking spaces. It is the most convenient parking option for those who want to park their cars close to the airport terminal.
2. Surface Car Park – Located opposite the airport terminal building, the surface car park offers over 500 parking spaces. It is a good option for those who want to park their cars for a short period of time.
3. Long-Term Car Park – Located near the airport cargo terminal, the long-term car park offers over 300 parking spaces. It is a good option for those who want to park their cars for an extended period of time.
4. Valet Parking – Located at the airport terminal building, the valet parking service offers a convenient and hassle-free parking option for passengers. A valet attendant will park the car for the passenger and return it upon their arrival.
All car parking areas at Macau International Airport are equipped with CCTV cameras and security personnel to ensure the safety of parked vehicles. The parking rates vary depending on the duration of parking and the type of parking area chosen.
Car Rental at Macau International Airport
Macau International Airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles most of the airport’s traffic. It has a total floor area of 65,000 square meters and is equipped with modern facilities and amenities. The terminal has 64 check-in counters, 10 security screening channels, and 24 immigration counters. It also has a wide range of shops, restaurants, and lounges for passengers to enjoy.
Terminal 2, on the other hand, is a smaller terminal that mainly serves low-cost carriers. It has a total floor area of 4,500 square meters and is equipped with basic facilities and amenities. The terminal has 14 check-in counters, 4 security screening channels, and 4 immigration counters. It also has a few shops and restaurants for passengers to use.
Both terminals are connected by a free shuttle bus service that runs every 5-10 minutes. Passengers can easily transfer between the two terminals without any hassle. The airport also provides a range of transportation options for passengers to get to and from the airport, including taxis, buses, and shuttles. Overall, Macau International Airport’s terminals are modern, efficient, and provide a comfortable experience for passengers.
2. Air Macau
3. Air China
4. Cathay Pacific
5. Cebu Pacific
6. China Eastern Airlines
7. China Southern Airlines
8. EVA Air
9. Hainan Airlines
10. Jetstar Asia Airways
11. Juneyao Airlines
12. Korean Air
13. Philippine Airlines
14. Royal Air Philippines
16. Shenzhen Airlines
17. Tigerair Taiwan
18. Xiamen Airlines
Macau International Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a range of security protocols to prevent any potential threats and ensure a smooth and safe travel experience for all passengers.
All passengers are required to go through a security screening process before entering the boarding area. This includes a thorough check of all carry-on luggage, as well as a body scan to detect any prohibited items. The airport also employs trained security personnel who are vigilant in monitoring the airport premises and identifying any suspicious behavior.
In addition to these measures, the airport has also implemented advanced technology such as X-ray machines and explosive detection systems to further enhance security. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that all security protocols are up to date and effective.
Overall, Macau International Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. Passengers are encouraged to cooperate with security personnel and follow all security protocols to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience.
Macau International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s dedicated team of staff is available 24/7 to provide assistance and support to travelers with special needs, including those with disabilities, elderly passengers, and families with young children.
Passengers can avail of a range of services, including wheelchair assistance, baggage handling, and special assistance for boarding and disembarking from the aircraft. The airport also provides a dedicated lounge area for passengers with special needs, where they can relax and wait for their flight in comfort.
In addition to these services, Macau International Airport also offers a range of amenities and facilities to make the travel experience more enjoyable. These include a variety of dining options, duty-free shopping, and free Wi-Fi throughout the airport. Passengers can also take advantage of the airport’s VIP lounge, which offers a range of premium services, including private check-in, personalized assistance, and complimentary refreshments.
Overall, Macau International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a seamless and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. With a dedicated team of staff and a range of amenities and facilities, the airport is committed to ensuring that every traveler feels comfortable and well-cared for during their time at the airport.
Shops and Restaurants
Macau International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the options available:
1. DFS Galleria – a duty-free shop offering a variety of luxury brands such as Chanel, Gucci, and Prada.
2. T Galleria by DFS – another duty-free shop that offers a range of products from cosmetics to electronics.
3. The Macau Shop – a souvenir shop that sells traditional Macau products such as almond cookies and pork jerky.
4. Swarovski – a jewelry store that offers a range of crystal products.
5. Montblanc – a luxury brand that offers writing instruments, watches, and leather goods.
1. Starbucks – a popular coffee chain that offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
2. McDonald’s – a fast-food chain that offers burgers, fries, and other fast-food items.
3. Pacific Coffee – a coffee chain that offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
4. Ajisen Ramen – a Japanese restaurant that specializes in ramen noodles.
5. Tasty Congee & Noodle Wantun Shop – a Chinese restaurant that offers a range of noodle dishes and congee.
In addition to these shops and restaurants, Macau International Airport also offers other amenities such as lounges, currency exchange, and baggage storage facilities.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Macau International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their religious beliefs. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Muslim Prayer Room – located on the third floor of the airport terminal, near the food court. The prayer room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and ablution facilities.
2. Catholic Chapel – located on the third floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. The chapel is open 24 hours a day and offers daily mass services.
3. Buddhist Meditation Room – located on the third floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. The meditation room is a quiet space for passengers to reflect and meditate.
4. Protestant Chapel – located on the third floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. The chapel is open 24 hours a day and offers daily worship services.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open to passengers of all faiths and are maintained by the airport staff. Passengers are welcome to use these facilities at any time during their stay at the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Macau International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, or stream videos.
Workspace: For passengers who need to work while waiting for their flights, the airport offers several workspace options. There are several seating areas with power outlets and USB ports, allowing passengers to charge their devices and work comfortably. Additionally, there are several business lounges that offer a quiet and comfortable environment for working or relaxing.
Meeting Rooms: For passengers who need to hold meetings or conduct business while at the airport, there are several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 20 people.
Overall, Macau International Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights. Whether you need to catch up on work or stay connected with your loved ones, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and productive.
Macau International Airport offers several lounges for passengers to enjoy a comfortable and pleasant experience while waiting for their flights. The following lounges are available at the airport:
- GALAXY Premium Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall, Level 3
- Marhaba Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall, Level 4
- TAP Air Portugal Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall, Level 3
- Air Macau Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall, Level 3
- VIP Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall, Level 4
- Lounge MUA – Located in the Departure Hall, Level 4
Accomodation Options Nearby Macau International Airport
Macau International Airport, also known as Aeroporto Internacional de Macau, serves as a gateway to the vibrant city of Macau. While the airport itself does not offer on-site accommodations, there are several excellent lodging options available within close proximity. Let’s explore the range of accommodations, catering to various budgets and preferences, in and around Macau International Airport.
1. Budget-friendly Options:
a. Local Guesthouses: These modest, no-frills accommodations offer affordable rooms for budget-conscious travelers. They provide basic amenities and are often family-run, offering a warm and friendly atmosphere.
b. Budget Hotels: With competitive rates, these hotels provide comfort without breaking the bank. They offer clean rooms and simple facilities, ideal for travelers on a tight budget.
2. Mid-range Options:
a. Three-Star Hotels: These establishments offer comfortable rooms, a range of amenities, and friendly service. They are usually conveniently located near the airport, allowing guests to enjoy easy access to both the airport and the city.
b. Boutique Hotels: For those seeking more personalized experiences, boutique hotels in the vicinity of the airport provide unique and stylish accommodations. These properties often boast distinctive decor, intimate settings, and additional amenities.
3. Luxury Options:
a. Five-Star Hotels: A selection of luxurious, world-class hotels can be found in Macau, catering to those seeking ultimate comfort and indulgence. These hotels boast opulent rooms, stunning architecture, gourmet dining options, and exceptional spa facilities.
b. Integrated Resorts: Macau is renowned for its grand integrated resorts that combine luxury accommodations with entertainment options such as casinos, shopping malls, and fine dining experiences. These resorts feature spacious rooms, lavish suites, and an array of recreational amenities.
Additionally, some accommodations offer shuttle services to and from the airport, ensuring convenient transportation for their guests. It is advisable to check for these arrangements when making reservations. Whether you’re visiting for a short layover or an extended stay, Macau International Airport provides a variety of lodging choices to suit different budgets and preferences, allowing you to rest and rejuvenate before venturing into the vibrant city of Macau.
1. The Ruins of St. Paul’s: Located just 5 kilometers from Macau International Airport, this iconic landmark is a must-visit attraction. The ruins of a 17th-century church, which was destroyed in a fire, now stand as a symbol of Macau’s rich history and blend of European and Asian influences.
2. Macau Tower: Standing at a height of 338 meters, the Macau Tower is Asia’s highest bungee jump and offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city skyline. Visitors can enjoy thrilling activities like skywalking or dining at its revolving restaurant.
3. A-Ma Temple: This revered temple, dedicated to the goddess of seafarers, is one of Macau’s oldest and most famous cultural landmarks. Its picturesque setting with traditional Chinese architecture, beautiful gardens, and panoramic views of the sea make it a must-see attraction.
4. Fisherman’s Wharf: Just a short distance from the airport, Fisherman’s Wharf is a waterfront leisure complex that recreates various international seaports’ cultures and features. Visitors can enjoy shopping, dining, and entertainment options, such as themed streets and a replica of the Roman Colosseum.
5. Coloane Village: Located on the southern part of Macau, Coloane Village offers a tranquil escape from the bustling city. Visitors can explore the narrow streets, visit colorful colonial-era houses, enjoy local cuisine, or relax on the serene beaches.
6. Macau Wine Museum: Wine enthusiasts can indulge in history and culture at the Macau Wine Museum. Housed in a beautifully restored building, the museum showcases the history of wine production in Macau through exhibitions, tastings, and a vast collection of wines from around the world.
7. Hac Sa Beach: Situated on the southeastern coast of Coloane Island, Hac Sa Beach is famous for its black sand, which contrasts beautifully with the blue water. Visitors can relax on the beach, enjoy water sports activities, or savor fresh seafood at nearby restaurants.
8. Macau Science Center: A fascinating attraction for science lovers of all ages, the Macau Science Center provides hands-on exhibits, interactive displays, planetarium shows, and an interesting look at different scientific disciplines, making learning an engaging experience.
9. Macau Museum of Art: Located near the Macau Cultural Center, this museum showcases a diverse collection of local and international artworks. Visitors can explore exhibits ranging from Chinese calligraphy to contemporary art from renowned artists.
10. Taipa Village: Offering a glimpse into Macau’s traditional way of life, Taipa Village is known for its charming narrow streets, ancient temples, and colonial-era architecture. Visitors can wander around, sample traditional street food, and browse through local shops selling handicrafts and souvenirs.
History of Macau International Airport
Macau International Airport is the main airport in Macau, a special administrative region of China. The airport was first opened in 1935 as a small airfield for military purposes. It was later expanded in the 1950s to accommodate commercial flights. In 1966, the airport was officially opened to the public and became known as the Macau International Airport.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to keep up with the growing demand for air travel. In 1995, a new terminal building was constructed to replace the old one, which was no longer able to handle the increasing number of passengers. The new terminal building was designed to accommodate up to 6 million passengers per year.
In recent years, Macau International Airport has become an important hub for air travel in the Asia-Pacific region. It serves as a gateway to mainland China and other destinations in the region. The airport has also won several awards for its excellent facilities and services, including the “Best Airport in China” award in 2019. With its modern facilities and strategic location, Macau International Airport is poised to continue its growth and development in the years to come.
Other Airports in Macau, Macau