Mackenzie Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of Mackenzie, British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the local community and surrounding areas. The airport offers scheduled flights to Vancouver and Prince George, as well as charter services for various industries such as mining and forestry.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Mackenzie Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Mackenzie Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Mackenzie Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Mackenzie Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Mackenzie Airport
Mackenzie Airport is located in the town of Mackenzie, British Columbia, Canada. The airport is accessible by road and air. If you are traveling by car, the airport is located approximately 5 kilometers north of the town center. You can take the Mackenzie Highway and turn onto the Airport Road to reach the airport. The drive takes about 10 minutes from the town center.
If you are traveling by air, you can book a flight to Mackenzie Airport from Vancouver International Airport or Prince George Airport. Flights are operated by Central Mountain Air and Pacific Coastal Airlines. The flight time from Vancouver is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, while the flight time from Prince George is approximately 45 minutes.
Once you arrive at Mackenzie Airport, you can rent a car from the airport terminal or take a taxi to your destination. The airport has a small terminal building with basic amenities such as a waiting area, restrooms, and vending machines. It is recommended to check the airport’s website or contact the airport directly for up-to-date information on flight schedules and services.
Mackenzie Airport, located in the town of Mackenzie, British Columbia, offers several transportation options for travelers. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They offer a convenient and comfortable way to travel to your destination in Mackenzie. The fare depends on the distance traveled and the time of day.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate at Mackenzie Airport, including Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz. Renting a car gives you the freedom to explore the town and its surroundings at your own pace.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels and resorts in Mackenzie offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Check with your accommodation provider to see if they offer this service.
4. Public Transportation: The town of Mackenzie has a public transportation system that connects the airport to various parts of the town. The bus fare is affordable, and the buses are comfortable and reliable.
5. Private Car Service: Several private car services operate in Mackenzie, offering a more luxurious and personalized transportation option. These services can be booked in advance and are ideal for business travelers or those looking for a more comfortable ride.
No matter which transportation option you choose, getting to and from Mackenzie Airport is easy and hassle-free.
Mackenzie Airport offers convenient and affordable car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas available at the airport:
1. Short-term parking: Located directly in front of the terminal building, this parking area is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The hourly rate is reasonable, and there are no restrictions on the length of stay.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is perfect for travelers who need to park for several days or more. The daily rate is affordable, and there are no restrictions on the length of stay.
3. Economy parking: This parking area is located farther from the terminal building and is the most affordable option for long-term parking. The daily rate is lower than the other parking areas, and there are no restrictions on the length of stay.
All parking areas at Mackenzie Airport are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of your vehicle. There are also designated accessible parking spaces available for those with disabilities. Payment can be made at the parking kiosks located in each parking area, and credit cards are accepted.
Car Rental at Mackenzie Airport
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Rent-A-Car
- Budget Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Mackenzie Airport is a small airport located in the town of Mackenzie, British Columbia, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for passengers and one for cargo. The passenger terminal is a small building with basic amenities such as a waiting area, washrooms, and a small café. The terminal is open during flight times and is staffed by friendly and helpful airport personnel.
The cargo terminal is a larger building located adjacent to the passenger terminal. It is used for the transportation of goods and supplies to and from the town of Mackenzie. The cargo terminal is equipped with loading docks, storage areas, and a small office for cargo agents. The cargo terminal operates on a regular schedule and is an important hub for the transportation of goods to and from the town.
Overall, Mackenzie Airport is a small but important transportation hub for the town of Mackenzie and the surrounding area. The airport terminals are well-maintained and staffed by friendly and helpful personnel. Whether you are a passenger or a cargo agent, you can expect a smooth and efficient experience at Mackenzie Airport.
- Air Canada Express operated by Jazz Aviation
- Air North
- Central Mountain Air
- Kelowna Flightcraft Air Charter
- North Cariboo Flying Service
- Pacific Coastal Airlines
Mackenzie Airport is a small regional airport located in the Northwest Territories of Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the primary security measures in place at Mackenzie Airport is the use of security screening equipment. All passengers and their carry-on luggage are screened before boarding their flights. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their bags scanned for any prohibited items.
In addition to screening equipment, the airport also has a security team on site to monitor activity and respond to any potential threats. The team is trained in emergency response procedures and works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure a quick and effective response in the event of an emergency.
Overall, Mackenzie Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport takes security seriously and is committed to ensuring that all travelers can have peace of mind when flying from their facility.
Mackenzie Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that provides support to travelers passing through the Mackenzie Airport. The service is designed to offer assistance to travelers who may require help with various aspects of their journey, including check-in, baggage handling, and navigating the airport.
The Traveler’s Assistance team is made up of trained professionals who are knowledgeable about the airport and its facilities. They are available to provide guidance and support to travelers, ensuring that their journey through the airport is as smooth and stress-free as possible.
In addition to providing assistance with airport procedures, the Traveler’s Assistance team can also offer advice and recommendations on local attractions, restaurants, and accommodations. They are committed to ensuring that travelers have a positive experience while visiting the Mackenzie area.
Overall, Mackenzie Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a valuable service for anyone passing through the airport. Whether you are a first-time traveler or a seasoned pro, the Traveler’s Assistance team is there to help you navigate the airport and make the most of your time in the area.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Mackenzie Airport Cafe: Enjoy a variety of hot and cold beverages, sandwiches, and snacks in a cozy atmosphere.
2. Mackenzie Airport Gift Shop: Pick up souvenirs, books, magazines, and other items to take home with you.
3. Mackenzie Airport Bar: Unwind with a drink before your flight in this relaxing bar.
4. Mackenzie Airport Newsstand: Browse a selection of newspapers and magazines to stay up to date on current events.
5. Mackenzie Airport Duty Free: Shop for a variety of duty-free items, including liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
6. Mackenzie Airport Pharmacy: Pick up any last-minute items you may need before your flight.
7. Mackenzie Airport Bookstore: Browse a selection of books and magazines to keep you entertained during your flight.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Mackenzie Airport, located in the Northwest Territories of Canada, provides prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and airport staff. These facilities are designed to accommodate individuals of various faiths and provide a peaceful and comfortable environment for prayer and reflection.
The airport has two prayer rooms, one located in the terminal building and the other in the departure lounge. The prayer room in the terminal building is located near the security checkpoint and is accessible to all passengers and airport staff. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a wash basin, and a directional sign indicating the direction of Mecca for Muslims.
The prayer room in the departure lounge is located near Gate 1 and is accessible to passengers waiting for their flights. This room is also equipped with prayer mats, a wash basin, and a directional sign indicating the direction of Mecca for Muslims.
In addition to the prayer rooms, the airport also provides a worship area for Christians. The chapel is located in the terminal building and is open to all passengers and airport staff. The chapel is equipped with a cross, a Bible, and seating for worshipers.
Overall, Mackenzie Airport provides prayer rooms and worship areas for individuals of various faiths, ensuring that all passengers and airport staff have access to a peaceful and comfortable environment for prayer and reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Mackenzie Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers have a comfortable and productive experience. The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected and catch up on work or entertainment during their wait. The WiFi is fast and reliable, making it easy to stream videos, download files, and stay in touch with family and colleagues.
For those who need to get some work done, Mackenzie Airport also offers a comfortable workspace area. This area is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy to set up a laptop or other electronic devices. The workspace area is quiet and well-lit, providing a conducive environment for concentration and productivity.
In addition to the WiFi and workspace facilities, Mackenzie Airport also has a business center that offers printing, scanning, and faxing services. This is particularly useful for business travelers who need to print out important documents or send faxes to clients or colleagues.
Overall, Mackenzie Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers. Whether you need to catch up on work, stay connected with loved ones, or simply relax and unwind, the airport has everything you need to make your journey as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Mackenzie Airport, Level 3
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Mackenzie Airport, Level 4
- Air Canada Signature Suite – Mackenzie Airport, Level 3
- Elevation Lounge – Mackenzie Airport, Level 2
- Alaska Airlines Board Room – Mackenzie Airport, Level 3
Accomodation Options Nearby Mackenzie Airport
1. Mackenzie Airport Hotel: Located just a few minutes from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable and affordable accommodation for travelers.
2. Mackenzie Airport Motel: This motel is conveniently located near the airport and offers a variety of amenities for travelers.
3. Mackenzie Airport Hostel: This hostel provides budget-friendly accommodation for travelers and is located close to the airport.
4. Mackenzie Airport Bed & Breakfast: This bed and breakfast offers a cozy and homey atmosphere for travelers and is located near the airport.
5. Mackenzie Airport Campground: This campground is located near the airport and offers a variety of camping options for travelers.
1. Williston Lake: Located just 30 minutes from Mackenzie Airport, Williston Lake is the largest man-made lake in British Columbia. It offers a variety of recreational activities such as fishing, boating, and camping.
2. Morfee Mountain: This scenic mountain is a popular destination for hiking and mountain biking. Visitors can enjoy stunning views of the surrounding landscape from the summit.
3. Mackenzie Golf and Country Club: This 18-hole golf course is situated in a picturesque setting and offers a challenging game for golf enthusiasts.
4. Mackenzie Museum: This museum showcases the history of the town of Mackenzie and its surrounding area. Visitors can learn about the region’s forestry industry and the town’s development.
5. Mackenzie River: The Mackenzie River is a popular spot for fishing and kayaking. Visitors can also take a scenic boat tour to explore the river and its surrounding wilderness.
6. Powder King Mountain Resort: This ski resort is located just a short drive from Mackenzie Airport and offers a variety of winter sports activities such as skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing.
7. Azouzetta Lake: This beautiful lake is a popular spot for swimming, fishing, and camping. Visitors can also explore the surrounding hiking trails and enjoy the scenic views.
8. Mackenzie Nature Observatory: This observatory offers visitors the opportunity to observe and learn about the local wildlife, including birds and mammals. Guided tours are available for visitors of all ages.
History of Mackenzie Airport
Mackenzie Airport is a small airport located in the town of Mackenzie, British Columbia, Canada. The airport was first established in the 1950s to support the construction of the town and the nearby pulp mill. Initially, the airport was used primarily for transporting workers and supplies to the area. However, as the town grew, the airport became an important transportation hub for the region.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In the 1980s, a new terminal building was constructed, which included a restaurant, gift shop, and other amenities for passengers. In the 1990s, the runway was extended to accommodate larger aircraft, and a new control tower was built to improve safety and efficiency.
Today, Mackenzie Airport serves as an important gateway to the region, providing air transportation for both passengers and cargo. The airport is home to several airlines, including Central Mountain Air and Northern Thunderbird Air, which offer regular flights to destinations throughout British Columbia and beyond. Despite its small size, Mackenzie Airport plays a vital role in the economic and social development of the region, connecting people and businesses to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport