Manari Airport is a small domestic airport located in Papua New Guinea. It serves as a vital transportation hub for connecting local communities and facilitating travel within the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Manari Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Manari Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Manari Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Manari Airport
- Other Airports in Central, Papua New Guinea
How to Get to Manari Airport
To get to Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea, you have a few options depending on your starting point. If you are already in Papua New Guinea, you can take a domestic flight from Port Moresby to Wewak. From Wewak, you can take a connecting flight to Manari Airport, which is located in Manari Village.
If you are coming from an international destination, you will most likely need to fly into Jacksons International Airport in Port Moresby, the capital city of Papua New Guinea. Once you arrive in Port Moresby, you can take a domestic flight from there to Wewak, followed by a connecting flight to Manari Airport.
It is important to note that flight schedules and availability may vary, so it is recommended to check with local airlines for the most up-to-date information and to book your flights in advance. Additionally, it is advisable to consider any visa requirements and ensure you have the necessary documentation before embarking on your journey to Manari Airport.
When it comes to transportation options around Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea, there are various choices available to suit different needs and preferences. Here are some of the transportation options to consider:
1. Airport Shuttle Service: The most convenient and hassle-free way to get to and from Manari Airport is by opting for an airport shuttle service. Many reputable companies provide reliable and comfortable shuttle services that operate at scheduled intervals. This option is ideal for travelers seeking a reliable and efficient mode of transportation, especially if they have heavy luggage or want to avoid the stress of finding public transportation.
2. Public Buses: For budget-conscious travelers, public buses are an affordable way to travel to and from Manari Airport. These buses are usually easily accessible from the airport, and they offer routes that connect to various destinations within Papua New Guinea. However, it is advisable to research bus schedules and routes in advance to ensure compatibility with your travel plans.
3. Taxis: Taxis are widely available outside Manari Airport and provide a convenient door-to-door transportation option. It is recommended to negotiate the fare before boarding to ensure a fair price. Taxis are a convenient choice for those who prefer privacy, comfort, and a faster journey to their destination.
4. Car Rental: Many reputable car rental agencies operate at Manari Airport, providing travelers the freedom to explore Papua New Guinea at their own pace. Renting a car allows visitors to customize their itineraries and discover nearby attractions. However, driving conditions in Papua New Guinea may be challenging for first-time visitors due to limited road infrastructure and unpredictable weather, so caution and careful planning are essential.
5. Hotel Shuttles: Some hotels near Manari Airport offer complimentary shuttle services exclusively for their guests. If you have booked accommodation with a participating hotel, this can be a convenient and cost-effective way to travel to and from the airport. It is advisable to check with your hotel in advance to confirm the availability and timings of their shuttle service.
Remember to plan your transportation in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey when arriving at or departing from Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea. Whether you choose a shuttle service, public transportation, taxis, or car rental, there are options available to suit various budgets and travel preferences.
Manari Airport, situated in Papua New Guinea, offers convenient car parking options for travelers. The parking areas are strategically located near the main terminal, ensuring easy accessibility and hassle-free journeys. Here are the various car parking options available at Manari Airport:
1. Short-term Parking: Ideal for quick stopovers and short trips, the short-term parking area is located just a short walk away from the main terminal. This convenient parking option is designed to accommodate travelers who need to park their cars for a few hours or less.
2. Long-term Parking: Manari Airport also provides long-term parking facilities for travelers going on extended trips or vacations. The long-term parking area is situated within a reasonable distance of the terminal, making it convenient for those planning to leave their vehicles for an extended period.
3. Covered Parking: For added protection against weather conditions, Manari Airport offers covered parking spaces. These covered areas shield vehicles from direct sunlight, rain, and other external elements, ensuring that your car stays in great condition during your travels.
4. Disabled Parking: Manari Airport recognizes the importance of accessible facilities and provides designated parking spots for disabled passengers. These parking spaces are conveniently located near the terminal entrance, making it easier for individuals with mobility challenges to access the airport.
5. Drop-off/Pick-up Point: If you are only dropping off or picking up a passenger, Manari Airport provides a designated area for quick drop-offs and pick-ups. This area allows for easy access to and from the terminal, minimizing any inconvenience for those who need to collect or drop off travelers.
Visitors to Manari Airport can rest assured knowing that their vehicles are secure in these well-maintained parking areas. Whether you’re a short-term traveler or embarking on a long journey, the different parking options at Manari Airport cater to your specific needs.
Car Rental at Manari Airport
Manari Airport is a small but vital air transportation hub located in Port Moresby, the bustling capital city of Papua New Guinea. The airport serves as a gateway to the country’s breathtaking landscapes and diverse cultural heritage. With its strategic location, Manari Airport plays a crucial role in connecting Papua New Guinea with domestic and international destinations.
The airport consists of a single terminal, efficiently designed to cater to the needs of passengers. Although compact in size, the terminal boasts modern facilities and amenities, ensuring a seamless travel experience for everyone. Passengers can find various services, including baggage handling, immigration, and customs clearance, conveniently located within the terminal.
The terminal at Manari Airport reflects the warm hospitality and unique cultural heritage of Papua New Guinea. Artwork and handicrafts from local communities adorn the walls, providing visitors with a glimpse into the rich cultural tapestry of the country. Travelers can also enjoy a selection of shops and dining options, offering both local and international cuisine, while waiting for their flights.
Manari Airport’s terminal is a testament to the country’s commitment to providing a comfortable and efficient travel experience. Despite its small size, it efficiently serves the needs of its passengers, showcasing the true essence of Papua New Guinea’s warm and vibrant culture.
The following airlines operate at Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea:
1. Air Niugini
2. Helifix Limited
3. Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF)
Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea follows comprehensive security protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of passengers, staff, and aircraft. The airport management takes security measures seriously and strictly adheres to international aviation safety standards.
Entering the airport premises, all visitors and employees are required to pass through a security checkpoint. They undergo thorough screening procedures, including the inspection of luggage, electronic devices, and personal belongings. This process is carried out in an orderly and efficient manner to minimize any inconvenience to passengers while maintaining a high level of security.
Additionally, Manari Airport enforces access control measures to restrict entry to authorized personnel only. These measures include the use of security badges, ID verification, and constant monitoring of access points. This approach ensures that only those with legitimate business or travel purposes are granted entry into restricted areas.
Furthermore, the airport has a robust surveillance system, including CCTV cameras strategically placed throughout the premises. This allows for continuous monitoring of activities both inside and outside the airport, enhancing security and preventing any unauthorized access or suspicious behavior.
In collaboration with the local law enforcement agencies, Manari Airport operates a dedicated security team that remains vigilant and trained in handling emergency situations. They undergo regular drills and exercises to efficiently respond to any potential threats or incidents, ensuring the utmost safety of all individuals present at the airport.
Overall, Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea prioritizes the implementation of strong security measures. By adhering to international norms and continually improving their protocols, the airport management ensures a secure environment for passengers, staff, and aircraft operations.
Manari Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, is a key transportation hub for travelers visiting the country. This small airport serves as a gateway to the beautiful Highlands region, known for its stunning landscapes and rich cultural heritage. Traveler’s assistance at Manari Airport ensures a smooth and hassle-free experience for visitors.
Upon arrival at Manari Airport, travelers can expect a friendly and efficient immigration process. The airport staff is well-trained and dedicated to providing assistance to visitors. They are readily available to answer any questions, offer guidance, and provide necessary information about local customs and regulations. Additionally, airport security measures are in place to ensure the safety of all passengers.
Manari Airport offers a range of amenities to cater to travelers’ needs. There are comfortable waiting lounges where visitors can relax before their flights. The airport also boasts clean and well-maintained restrooms, as well as a variety of dining options to cater to different tastes. For those in need of currency exchange services, there are conveniently located currency exchange counters within the airport premises.
Travelers who require special assistance, such as disabled individuals or families traveling with young children, can rest assured that Manari Airport is equipped to accommodate their needs. The airport provides wheelchair accessibility, as well as assistance with boarding and disembarking from aircraft. Moreover, airport personnel are trained to handle any medical emergencies that may arise, ensuring the well-being of all passengers.
In conclusion, Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to make the journey as smooth and comfortable as possible. From immigration procedures to amenities and special assistance, the airport staff is committed to providing a positive travel experience. Whether visiting for business or leisure, travelers can rely on Manari Airport’s services to ensure a pleasant stay in Papua New Guinea.
Shops and Restaurants
Manari Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, offers a range of shops and restaurants to cater to travelers’ needs and provide a pleasant experience. Here are some of the establishments you can find at this airport:
1. Duty-Free Shops: Manari Airport boasts several duty-free shops where passengers can indulge in tax-free shopping. These stores offer a wide variety of products, including perfumes, cosmetics, electronics, tobacco, spirits, and souvenirs. Travelers can find both international and local brands, making it convenient to purchase goods before their departure.
2. Gift Shops: For those looking to buy unique Papua New Guinean handicrafts, jewelry, accessories, or local souvenirs, the airport houses several gift shops. These shops showcase a range of authentic items, allowing passengers to take home a piece of Papua New Guinea’s rich cultural heritage.
3. Convenience Stores: Manari Airport is equipped with convenient stores that stock everyday essentials such as snacks, toiletries, magazines, newspapers, and travel necessities. Passengers can easily find last-minute items they may have forgotten or grab a quick bite before their flight.
4. Cafes and Restaurants: The airport caters to travelers’ dining needs with a selection of cafes and restaurants. Travelers can enjoy a variety of cuisines, including local dishes as well as international options. Whether you’re looking for a quick coffee or a full meal, there are options available to satisfy different tastes and dietary preferences.
5. Lounges: Manari Airport offers luxurious lounges where passengers can relax and unwind before their flight. These exclusive spaces provide comfortable seating, complimentary snacks, beverages, and Wi-Fi access. Lounges are particularly popular among business travelers or those seeking a tranquil environment during their layovers.
Please note that the offerings and availability of shops and restaurants may vary depending on the time of day and current circumstances. It is always advisable to check with the airport or your airline for the most up-to-date information regarding available amenities.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea provides prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and airport visitors. These facilities are conveniently located within the airport premises to cater to the religious needs of diverse individuals.
1. Islamic Prayer Room: The airport features a dedicated prayer room for Muslim passengers and visitors. This prayer room is situated near the main terminal building, providing easy access for those seeking a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
2. Christian Worship Area: There is also a designated area for Christian worship within Manari Airport. This space is designed to accommodate individuals who wish to engage in personal prayer or attend group worship sessions. The Christian worship area is located adjacent to the main terminal building, making it easily accessible for passengers and visitors alike.
3. Multi-faith Meditation Room: For individuals seeking a serene environment for meditation or contemplation, the airport offers a multi-faith meditation room. This room is open to people of all faiths and serves as a peaceful retreat within the airport. The meditation room is centrally located within the airport, ensuring convenience for those in need of spiritual solace.
Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea recognizes the importance of providing prayer and worship spaces to cater to the diverse religious needs of its passengers and visitors. These facilities are strategically placed within the airport premises, enabling individuals to practice their faith conveniently and comfortably during their time at the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Manari Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, offers convenient WiFi and workspace facilities to enhance the travel experience for its passengers. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply browse the internet, the airport has got you covered.
The airport provides complimentary WiFi access throughout its premises, ensuring that you stay connected with the online world. This service enables travelers to check their emails, browse social media, or even stream their favorite content effortlessly. The reliable and high-speed internet connection allows for a seamless online experience, making it convenient for both business and leisure purposes.
For those who require a dedicated workspace, Manari Airport offers well-equipped areas where passengers can comfortably work or study. These spaces are designed to provide a quiet and productive environment, allowing individuals to focus on their tasks. Whether you need to prepare for an important meeting or complete some assignments, the airport’s workspace facilities are ideal for getting work done efficiently.
Additionally, the airport provides power outlets and charging stations conveniently located near the workspaces. This feature ensures that travelers can keep their electronic devices fully charged, enabling uninterrupted work or entertainment throughout their time at the airport.
Moreover, Manari Airport understands the importance of catering to the diverse needs of its passengers. Therefore, it ensures that these WiFi and workspace facilities are accessible to all, regardless of airline or class of travel. This inclusivity allows every traveler to enjoy the convenience and comfort provided by the airport.
In conclusion, Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea offers complimentary WiFi access and well-equipped workspace facilities to enhance the travel experience for its passengers. Whether you need to stay connected or have a dedicated workspace, the airport’s amenities cater to the needs of both business and leisure travelers. With reliable internet connection and convenient power outlets, Manari Airport ensures that you can work or relax seamlessly during your time at the airport.
Accomodation Options Nearby Manari Airport
At Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea, travelers can find a range of accommodation options to suit their preferences and budgets. Whether you’re looking for budget-friendly choices or seeking luxurious comfort, here are some accommodations available near this airport:
1. Budget-friendly guesthouses: If you are on a tight budget, several guesthouses offer affordable options with comfortable rooms, basic amenities, and friendly service. These guesthouses often provide no-frills accommodation but are perfect for budget-conscious travelers.
2. Mid-range hotels: For those seeking a bit more comfort and amenities, there are mid-range hotels available near Manari Airport. These hotels offer decent rooms, equipped with necessary facilities, including WiFi, air conditioning, private bathrooms, and sometimes even a restaurant or bar on-site.
3. Hotels with business amenities: For business travelers, there are hotels near the airport that cater specifically to their needs. These establishments provide well-equipped conference rooms, business centers, and high-speed internet connectivity, along with comfortable rooms and quality service.
4. Boutique hotels: If you are looking for a more personalized and unique stay, boutique hotels in the vicinity of Manari Airport may be just what you need. These boutique accommodations often feature stylish decorations, themed rooms, and offer a more intimate atmosphere with personalized service.
5. Resorts and lodges: For a serene retreat experience, there are also resorts and lodges around Manari Airport. Located amidst nature, these establishments offer a tranquil ambiance with spacious rooms, beautiful landscapes, and opportunities for activities like hiking, birdwatching, or snorkeling.
6. Luxury hotels: If indulgence is what you seek, there are luxurious hotels available near the airport. These accommodations provide spacious rooms or suites with lavish amenities and world-class facilities like spa centers, fine dining restaurants, swimming pools, and sometimes even private beach access.
While Manari Airport may have a limited number of accommodation options directly adjacent to it, making use of nearby towns and cities will expand your choices significantly. It’s worth noting that availability and rates may vary, so it is advisable to book in advance and confirm details with the accommodation provider.
No matter which accommodation option you choose, each promises the genuine Papuan hospitality, giving you a memorable stay near Manari Airport.
1. Mount Wilhelm: Located about 60 kilometers from Manari Airport, Mount Wilhelm is the highest peak in Papua New Guinea at 4,509 meters. It offers breathtaking views and is a popular destination for hikers and adventure seekers.
2. Warapu Village: Situated along the beautiful Sepik River, Warapu Village offers visitors a chance to experience the traditional way of life of the Sepik people. Explore the local arts and crafts, witness traditional ceremonies, and interact with the friendly locals.
3. National Botanic Gardens and Nature Park: Just a short drive from Manari Airport, the National Botanic Gardens and Nature Park is a haven for nature lovers. Stroll through the lush greenery and discover the diverse range of flora and fauna native to Papua New Guinea.
4. Karkar Island: Take a ferry ride from Madang to Karkar Island and explore its stunning beaches, clear waters, and vibrant coral reefs. Snorkeling and diving enthusiasts will find an underwater paradise teeming with colorful marine life.
5. Balek Wildlife Sanctuary: A conservation area located near the airport, the Balek Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a wide variety of fauna and flora. Discover rare bird species, colorful butterflies, and unique plant species amidst the pristine rainforest setting.
6. Madang Museum: Immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage of Papua New Guinea at the Madang Museum. The museum showcases an impressive collection of artifacts, traditional costumes, and archaeological finds, offering insights into the region’s history and diverse cultural traditions.
7. Madang Resort Golf Course: Perfect for golf enthusiasts, the Madang Resort Golf Course offers a scenic and challenging 18-hole course. Enjoy a round of golf while taking in the stunning views of the ocean and surrounding landscapes.
8. Bilbil Village: Located on the outskirts of Madang, Bilbil Village is known for its unique pottery. Visit the village and witness the traditional pottery-making process, interact with local artisans, and purchase beautifully crafted pottery as souvenirs.
9. Kalibobo Lighthouse: Situated atop a hill overlooking Madang, the Kalibobo Lighthouse offers panoramic views of the town, harbor, and surrounding islands. Climb to the top and be rewarded with breathtaking vistas, especially during sunset.
10. Siar-Mabua traditional fishing village: Venture out on a boat tour from Madang and visit the Siar-Mabua fishing village. Witness the traditional methods of fishing, explore the pristine waterways, and experience the warm hospitality of the local community.
These attractions near Manari Airport in Papua New Guinea offer a rich tapestry of natural wonders, cultural heritage, and adventurous experiences, ensuring a memorable visit for travelers.
History of Manari Airport
Manari Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, holds a significant place in the country’s aviation history. Constructed in the 1970s, this remote airport has served as a vital transportation hub, connecting the remote Southern Highlands province to the rest of the country. Initially built to facilitate communication and trade between the local communities, Manari Airport quickly became an essential lifeline for the region.
Throughout the years, Manari Airport has witnessed various developments and improvements. In the early stages, it consisted of a basic grass airstrip that could accommodate small airplanes. However, with growing air traffic and the need to transport larger aircraft, the airport underwent extensive upgrades. The runway was extended, and modern facilities were added to support both passenger and cargo services.
Manari Airport has played a crucial role in supporting the local economy and development of the Southern Highlands region. It has facilitated trade, enabling the transportation of goods and resources to and from the area. Additionally, the airport has fostered tourism, allowing travelers to explore the natural beauty and cultural heritage of Papua New Guinea’s Southern Highlands.
Today, Manari Airport continues to serve as a vital link to the remote provinces of Papua New Guinea. It operates with regular flights, connecting the Southern Highlands to major cities within the country. The airport’s strategic location and well-maintained infrastructure facilitate reliable air travel, ensuring the accessibility and connectivity of the region.
Other Airports in Central, Papua New Guinea
- Amazon Bay Airport
- Bodinumu Airport
- Cape Rodney Airport
- Dorobisoro Airport
- Efogi Airport
- Erume Airport
- Fane Airport
- Guari Airport
- Haelogo Airport
- Kagi Airport
- Kairuku Airport
- Kamulai Airport
- Kerau Airport
- Kosipe Airport
- Kubuna Airstrip
- Kupiano Airport
- Mamai Airport
- Manari Airport
- Manumu Airport
- Milei Airstrip
- Nadunumu Airport
- Naoro Airport
- Ononge Airport
- Oram Airport
- Sopu Airport
- Tapini Airport
- Woitape Airport
- Yongai Airport