Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is a small airport located in the town of Gore Bay, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the Manitoulin Island region, providing both commercial and private aviation services.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is located in the town of Gore Bay on Manitoulin Island, Ontario. The airport is easily accessible by car, with several major highways leading to the island. If you are driving from Toronto, take the 401 East to Highway 400 North, then take Highway 69 North to Sudbury. From Sudbury, take Highway 17 West to Espanola, then take Highway 6 South to Manitoulin Island.
Once you arrive on Manitoulin Island, follow Highway 6 South to Gore Bay. The airport is located on the east side of the town, just off of Highway 540. There is ample parking available at the airport, and it is recommended that you arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
If you are not driving, there are several options for getting to Manitoulin East Municipal Airport. The airport is serviced by several local taxi companies, and there are also several shuttle services available from nearby towns and cities. Additionally, there are several car rental companies located on Manitoulin Island, which can provide transportation to and from the airport.
Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is a small airport located in the town of Gore Bay, Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, there are several transportation options available to passengers traveling to and from the airport.
1. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, including Enterprise, Budget, and Avis. Renting a car is a convenient option for those who want to explore the island on their own.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport, and they can take passengers to any destination on the island. It is recommended to book a taxi in advance to avoid waiting times.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels and resorts on the island offer shuttle services to and from the airport. It is recommended to check with your accommodation provider if they offer this service.
4. Public Transportation: Manitoulin Island has a public transportation system called Manitoulin Island Transit. The transit system operates on a fixed schedule and can take passengers to various destinations on the island.
5. Private Car Service: Private car services are available on the island, and they can be booked in advance. This option is ideal for those who want a more personalized and comfortable transportation experience.
Overall, Manitoulin East Municipal Airport offers several transportation options for passengers traveling to and from the island. Whether you prefer to rent a car, take a taxi, or use public transportation, there is an option that will suit your needs.
Manitoulin East Municipal Airport offers convenient and affordable car parking options for travelers. The airport has two parking areas, both located within close proximity to the terminal building.
The first parking area is the short-term parking lot, which is located directly in front of the terminal building. This lot is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers, as well as those who are staying at the airport for a short period of time. The short-term parking lot is available for a maximum of 24 hours and is priced at a reasonable rate.
The second parking area is the long-term parking lot, which is located just a short walk from the terminal building. This lot is ideal for those who are traveling for an extended period of time and need a secure place to leave their vehicle. The long-term parking lot is available for a maximum of 30 days and is priced at a discounted rate for extended stays.
Both parking areas are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of vehicles and passengers. Payment for parking can be made at the self-serve kiosks located in each parking area, and payment can be made using cash or credit card.
Overall, Manitoulin East Municipal Airport offers convenient and affordable car parking options for travelers, making it easy to park and fly with peace of mind.
Car Rental at Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Avis Rent-A-Car
- Budget Rent-A-Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Alamo Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is a small airport located in the town of Gore Bay, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for passengers and one for cargo. The passenger terminal is a small building that offers basic amenities such as washrooms, seating areas, and a small café. The terminal is open during regular flight hours and is staffed by friendly and knowledgeable airport personnel who are always ready to assist passengers with their needs.
The cargo terminal at Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is a large facility that is equipped to handle a variety of cargo types. The terminal is staffed by experienced cargo handlers who are trained to handle all types of cargo, including hazardous materials. The cargo terminal is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is equipped with state-of-the-art security systems to ensure the safety of all cargo.
Overall, Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is a small but efficient airport that provides essential services to the local community. The airport’s two terminals are well-maintained and staffed by knowledgeable personnel who are dedicated to providing excellent customer service. Whether you are a passenger or a cargo shipper, Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is a reliable and convenient option for all your aviation needs.
Manitoulin East Municipal Airport offers regular flights from a handful of airlines. These include:
- Air Creebec
- Wasaya Airways
- Porter Airlines
- WestJet Encore
- Sunwing Airlines
Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers, staff, and visitors. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal.
Firstly, all passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flight. This includes a thorough check of all carry-on and checked baggage using state-of-the-art screening technology. Additionally, passengers are required to pass through metal detectors and may be subject to a pat-down search if necessary.
The airport also has a strict access control policy. Only authorized personnel are allowed in restricted areas of the airport, such as the runway and aircraft parking areas. All staff and visitors must pass through security checkpoints and present valid identification before being granted access to these areas.
In addition to these measures, the airport has a comprehensive emergency response plan in place. This plan outlines procedures for dealing with a variety of emergency situations, including natural disasters, security threats, and medical emergencies. All staff members are trained in emergency response procedures and participate in regular drills to ensure they are prepared to respond quickly and effectively in the event of an emergency.
Overall, Manitoulin East Municipal Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all who use the facility.
Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is a small airport located in the town of Gore Bay, Ontario. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers.
One of the key services offered at Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is wheelchair assistance. Passengers who require mobility assistance can request a wheelchair and an airport staff member will be available to assist them throughout the airport. Additionally, the airport is equipped with ramps and elevators to ensure easy access for passengers with disabilities.
Another important service offered at the airport is baggage assistance. Passengers can request assistance with their luggage, including loading and unloading, to make their travel experience more convenient. The airport also offers a lost and found service to help passengers retrieve any lost items.
For those who require transportation to and from the airport, the airport offers a shuttle service. Passengers can book a shuttle in advance to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey to their destination.
Overall, Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is committed to providing excellent traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Manitoulin East Municipal Airport has a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
2. The Airport Cafe is a great spot for a quick bite to eat. The cafe offers a variety of hot and cold sandwiches, salads, and snacks.
3. The Airport Gift Shop is the perfect place to pick up souvenirs and gifts. The shop offers a wide selection of Manitoulin-themed items, including apparel, books, and crafts.
4. The Airport Bookstore is the perfect place to pick up a book or magazine before your flight. The bookstore carries a wide selection of books, magazines, and newspapers.
5. The Airport Convenience Store is the perfect spot to pick up snacks and drinks before your flight. The store offers a wide selection of snacks, drinks, and other items.
6. The Airport Bar & Grill is a great spot to grab a drink and a bite to eat before your flight. The bar & grill offers a variety of hot and cold sandwiches, salads, and snacks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Manitoulin East Municipal Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers and visitors. These areas are located in various parts of the airport terminal building.
1. Christian Prayer Room – This room is located on the ground floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. It is open to all passengers and visitors who wish to pray or meditate.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim prayer room is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator.
3. Multi-Faith Meditation Room – The multi-faith meditation room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the airport lounge. It is open to people of all faiths and beliefs who wish to meditate or reflect.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are clean, quiet, and well-maintained. They provide a peaceful and respectful space for passengers and visitors to practice their faith or spirituality. Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is a small airport located in the town of Gore Bay, Ontario. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of amenities for travelers, including WiFi and workspace facilities.
The airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers and visitors. This service is available throughout the terminal building, allowing travelers to stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the web, check emails, and stay in touch with friends and family.
In addition to WiFi, the airport also offers workspace facilities for travelers who need to get some work done while waiting for their flights. The airport has a designated business center with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy for travelers to set up their laptops and work in a quiet and comfortable environment. The business center is open during airport hours and is free to use for all passengers and visitors.
Overall, Manitoulin East Municipal Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected, the airport has everything you need to make your journey as comfortable and productive as possible.
- Moose Lounge, located in the main terminal at Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Pine Lounge, located in the arrivals area of the airport
- Birch Lounge, located in the departures area of the airport
- Aspen Lounge, located in the main terminal of the airport
Accomodation Options Nearby Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
1. The Manitoulin East Municipal Airport offers a variety of accommodation options for travelers.
2. The nearby town of Little Current offers a range of hotels, motels, and bed and breakfasts.
3. For those looking for a more rustic experience, there are several campgrounds located within a short drive of the airport.
4. For those looking for a more luxurious stay, there are several resorts located on the nearby Manitoulin Island.
5. There are also a number of vacation rentals available for rent in the area.
6. Finally, there are a number of private cabins and cottages located in the surrounding area.
1. Bridal Veil Falls: Located just a short drive from Manitoulin East Municipal Airport, Bridal Veil Falls is a stunning waterfall that cascades over a rocky cliff. Visitors can hike to the base of the falls or enjoy the view from the lookout point.
2. Chi-Cheemaun Ferry: The Chi-Cheemaun Ferry is a popular attraction for visitors to Manitoulin Island. The ferry departs from South Baymouth, which is just a short drive from the airport, and offers stunning views of the island and the surrounding waters.
3. Manitoulin Island Country Club: Golf enthusiasts will enjoy a round of golf at the Manitoulin Island Country Club, which is located just a few miles from the airport. The course offers stunning views of the island and is a great way to spend a day outdoors.
4. Kagawong Lighthouse: The Kagawong Lighthouse is a historic landmark that dates back to the 1800s. Visitors can climb to the top of the lighthouse for a panoramic view of the surrounding area.
5. Providence Bay Beach: Providence Bay Beach is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking. The beach is located just a short drive from the airport and offers stunning views of Lake Huron.
6. Cup and Saucer Trail: The Cup and Saucer Trail is a challenging hiking trail that offers stunning views of Manitoulin Island. The trailhead is located just a few miles from the airport and is a great way to explore the island’s natural beauty.
7. Little Current Swing Bridge: The Little Current Swing Bridge is a historic landmark that spans the North Channel of Lake Huron. Visitors can watch as the bridge swings open to allow boats to pass through.
8. Manitoulin Brewing Company: Beer lovers will enjoy a visit to the Manitoulin Brewing Company, which is located just a short drive from the airport. The brewery offers tours and tastings of their locally brewed beers.
History of Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
Manitoulin East Municipal Airport is a small airport located in the town of Gore Bay, Ontario, Canada. The airport was established in the early 1960s and was originally used for private aviation. In 1974, the airport was officially designated as a municipal airport and began to receive funding from the government for improvements and upgrades.
Over the years, Manitoulin East Municipal Airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing demand for air travel in the area. In 2009, a new terminal building was constructed, which included a waiting area, washrooms, and a small café. The airport also has a 3,000-foot runway, which can accommodate small to medium-sized aircraft.
Today, Manitoulin East Municipal Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the Manitoulin Island region. It provides access to a variety of services, including air ambulance, charter flights, and cargo transportation. The airport also hosts several aviation events throughout the year, including fly-ins and air shows, which attract aviation enthusiasts from all over the country. Overall, Manitoulin East Municipal Airport has played an important role in the development and growth of the Manitoulin Island region, and continues to be an important asset for the local community.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport