Mayo Airport, also known as Ireland West Airport Knock, is a regional airport located in County Mayo, Ireland. It serves as a gateway to the west of Ireland, connecting passengers to destinations across Europe and the United States.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Mayo Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Mayo Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Mayo Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Mayo Airport
- Other Airports in Yukon, Canada
How to Get to Mayo Airport
Mayo Airport is located in County Mayo, Ireland, and is easily accessible by car, bus, or taxi. If you are driving, the airport is situated just off the N5 road, approximately 8km from the town of Charlestown. There is ample parking available at the airport, with both short-term and long-term options available.
If you prefer to take public transportation, there are several bus services that operate to and from Mayo Airport. Bus Eireann provides regular services from Dublin, Galway, and Sligo, while Citylink offers connections from Galway and Dublin. The airport is also served by a number of local taxi companies, which can be booked in advance or hired on arrival.
If you are travelling from further afield, there are several international airports within easy reach of Mayo Airport. Dublin Airport is approximately 2.5 hours away by car, while Shannon Airport is around 1.5 hours away. Both airports offer a range of domestic and international flights, making it easy to connect to Mayo Airport from almost anywhere in the world.
Mayo Airport, also known as Ireland West Airport Knock, is located in County Mayo, Ireland. It serves as a gateway to the west of Ireland and offers a variety of transportation options for travelers.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They offer a convenient and comfortable way to travel to your destination. The journey time to nearby towns such as Castlebar and Westport is approximately 20-30 minutes.
2. Bus: Bus Eireann operates a regular bus service from the airport to various destinations across Ireland. The bus stop is located outside the terminal building, and tickets can be purchased from the driver or online in advance.
3. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have desks located in the arrivals hall of the airport. Renting a car is a great option for those who want to explore the surrounding area at their own pace.
4. Private Transfer: Private transfer companies offer a door-to-door service from the airport to your destination. This option is ideal for those who want a hassle-free and comfortable journey.
5. Airport Shuttle: Some hotels and guesthouses in the area offer an airport shuttle service for their guests. Check with your accommodation provider to see if this service is available.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Mayo Airport offers a range of convenient and affordable ways to travel to your destination.
Mayo Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-Term Car Park: This car park is located directly opposite the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time. The first 15 minutes of parking are free, and the rates start at €3 for up to an hour.
2. Long-Term Car Park: This car park is located a short distance from the terminal building, but a free shuttle bus service is available to transport passengers to and from the airport. The rates start at €6 per day, and discounts are available for longer stays.
3. Premium Car Park: This car park is located closest to the terminal building and offers the most convenient parking option for travelers. The rates start at €10 per day, and the parking spaces are wider and more spacious than the other car parks.
4. Disabled Parking: There are designated parking spaces for disabled passengers located in both the short-term and long-term car parks. These spaces are located close to the terminal building and are free of charge for those with a valid disabled parking permit.
Overall, Mayo Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers, whether they are looking for convenience or affordability.
Car Rental at Mayo Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Dollar Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Mayo Airport is a small regional airport located in the west of Ireland. The airport has one terminal building which serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and well-equipped with all the necessary facilities for passengers.
The terminal building at Mayo Airport has a range of facilities for passengers including a café, a bar, and a duty-free shop. There are also several ATMs and currency exchange desks available for passengers who need to change money. The airport also has a business lounge which is available for passengers who need to work or relax before their flight.
The terminal building at Mayo Airport is designed to be accessible for all passengers. There are lifts and escalators available for passengers with mobility issues, and the airport also has a range of services for passengers with disabilities. These include wheelchair assistance, accessible toilets, and designated parking spaces. Overall, Mayo Airport’s terminal building is a modern and well-equipped facility that provides a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers.
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- United Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- Frontier Airlines
- Allegiant Air
- Sun Country Airlines
- Endeavor Air
- Apple Vacations
- Spirit Airlines
Mayo Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. All passengers are required to go through a security screening process before boarding their flight. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their carry-on luggage scanned for prohibited items. Any items that are deemed a security risk will be confiscated.
In addition to the standard security screening process, Mayo Airport also employs a number of other security measures. These include CCTV cameras throughout the airport, regular patrols by security personnel, and a strict access control system. Only authorized personnel are allowed into restricted areas of the airport, and all visitors must be accompanied by an authorized person.
Mayo Airport also works closely with law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of the airport and its passengers. This includes sharing information about potential threats and working together to respond to any security incidents that may occur. Overall, Mayo Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff.
Mayo Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service provided to passengers who require additional support and assistance while traveling through Mayo Airport. This service is available to all passengers, regardless of their age or physical ability. The aim of this service is to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible for passengers who may require extra assistance.
The Mayo Airport Traveler’s Assistance service includes a range of support options, such as wheelchair assistance, help with luggage, and assistance with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft. The service also provides assistance with navigating the airport, including directions to gates, restaurants, and restrooms. Additionally, the service offers support for passengers with hearing or visual impairments, including sign language interpretation and Braille signage.
To access the Mayo Airport Traveler’s Assistance service, passengers can request assistance when booking their flight or by contacting the airport directly. The service is available 24/7, and passengers are encouraged to request assistance at least 48 hours before their scheduled flight. Overall, the Mayo Airport Traveler’s Assistance service is an excellent resource for passengers who require additional support and assistance while traveling through Mayo Airport.
Shops and Restaurants
Mayo Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
1. Hudson News: A newsstand offering a selection of books, magazines, snacks, and travel essentials.
2. Duty Free Americas: A duty-free shop offering a variety of spirits, fragrances, cosmetics, and confectionery.
3. The Traveler’s Store: A store offering a selection of souvenirs, apparel, and travel accessories.
4. The Gift Shop: A shop offering a selection of gifts, jewelry, and collectibles.
1. Burger King: A fast-food restaurant serving burgers, fries, and other classic American fare.
2. Starbucks: A coffee shop offering a selection of hot and cold beverages, pastries, and snacks.
3. Chili’s Grill & Bar: A casual restaurant serving Tex-Mex cuisine, including burritos, tacos, and fajitas.
4. The Bistro: A full-service restaurant offering a variety of American and international dishes.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Mayo Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the check-in area. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a peaceful environment for prayer and meditation.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located adjacent to the Multi-Faith Prayer Room, this room is specifically designed for Muslim passengers and features prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator.
3. Christian Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departures area. This chapel is open to people of all Christian denominations and provides a space for worship and reflection.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are accessible to passengers and visitors of Mayo Airport, regardless of their airline or destination. They are maintained regularly and provide a serene and welcoming environment for people of all faiths.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Mayo Airport offers convenient WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers who need to stay connected and productive while on the go.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to easily connect to the internet and stay connected with family, friends, and colleagues. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the web, check email, and stream videos.
Workspace: For those who need to get work done while waiting for their flight, Mayo Airport offers a variety of workspace options. The airport has several seating areas with power outlets, allowing travelers to charge their devices and work comfortably. Additionally, there are several workstations with desks and chairs, providing a quiet and private space for passengers to focus on their work.
Meeting Rooms: Mayo Airport also offers meeting rooms for business travelers who need to hold meetings or conduct interviews. The meeting rooms are equipped with audio-visual equipment and can accommodate up to 10 people.
Overall, Mayo Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities provide a convenient and comfortable environment for travelers to stay connected and productive while on the go.
- Club MCR – Located in Terminal 1 near Gate 45.
- Escape Lounge – Located in Terminal 1 near Gate 11.
- My Lounge – Located in Terminal 2 near Gate 10.
- The Loft – Located in Terminal 2 near Gate 31.
- The Library – Located in Terminal 3 near Gate 1.
- The Retreat – Located in Terminal 3 near Gate 14.
Accomodation Options Nearby Mayo Airport
1. The Mayo Airport Lodge: Located just a short walk from the airport, the Mayo Airport Lodge offers comfortable and affordable accommodation for travelers. Guests can enjoy a range of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and a complimentary breakfast.
2. The Airport Inn: The Airport Inn is located just minutes from the airport and offers a range of accommodation options, including standard rooms, suites, and family rooms. Guests can enjoy a range of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and a complimentary breakfast.
3. The Mayo Airport Hotel: The Mayo Airport Hotel is located just a short drive from the airport and offers a range of accommodation options, including standard rooms, suites, and family rooms. Guests can enjoy a range of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and a complimentary breakfast.
4. The Mayo Airport Motel: The Mayo Airport Motel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a range of accommodation options, including standard rooms, suites, and family rooms. Guests can enjoy a range of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and a complimentary breakfast.
Mayo Airport, located in Rochester, Minnesota, is a gateway to some of the most popular attractions in the region. Here are some of the must-visit attractions near Mayo Airport:
1. Mayo Clinic: The world-renowned medical center is just a few minutes away from the airport. Visitors can take a tour of the facility or attend one of the many events held here.
2. Rochester Art Center: This contemporary art museum is located in the heart of downtown Rochester and features a rotating collection of exhibitions and events.
3. Quarry Hill Nature Center: This 320-acre park offers hiking trails, a nature center, and a quarry-turned-swimming-hole.
4. Soldiers Field Veterans Memorial: This memorial honors the brave men and women who have served in the armed forces. It features a reflecting pool, a statue of a soldier, and a wall of honor.
5. Plummer House: This historic mansion was built in the early 1900s and is now open to the public for tours. It features beautiful gardens, a conservatory, and stunning architecture.
6. Silver Lake Park: This park offers a variety of recreational activities, including fishing, boating, and hiking. It also features a beach and picnic areas.
7. Rochester Farmers Market: This outdoor market is open on Saturdays and features fresh produce, baked goods, and handmade crafts.
8. Apache Mall: This shopping center features over 100 stores, including popular retailers like Macy’s and JCPenney.
9. Rochester Civic Theatre: This community theater offers a variety of performances throughout the year, including plays, musicals, and concerts.
10. Olmsted County Fairgrounds: This fairgrounds hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including the Olmsted County Fair, concerts, and other community events.
History of Mayo Airport
Mayo Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of Charlestown, County Mayo, Ireland. The airport was first established in 1986, with the aim of providing better air connectivity to the west of Ireland. The airport was initially used for general aviation and private flights, but it soon became a popular destination for commercial airlines.
In 1994, the first commercial flight from Mayo Airport took off, operated by Aer Arann. The airline offered flights to Dublin and Galway, which were well received by the local community. Over the years, more airlines started operating from Mayo Airport, including Ryanair, Flybe, and Stobart Air. Today, the airport serves over 200,000 passengers annually, with flights to destinations such as London, Manchester, and Edinburgh.
Mayo Airport has undergone several upgrades and expansions over the years, including the construction of a new terminal building in 2010. The airport has also invested in new technology and equipment to improve safety and efficiency. Despite its small size, Mayo Airport plays an important role in the local economy, providing jobs and supporting tourism in the region.
Other Airports in Yukon, Canada
- Beaver Creek Airport
- Burwash Airport
- Dawson City Airport
- Faro Airport
- Haines Junction Airport
- Herschel Island Field
- Mayo Airport
- Old Crow Airport
- Ross River Airport
- Teslin Airport
- Watson Lake Airport
- Whitehorse / Erik Nielsen International Airport