Metropolitan Oakland International Airport is a major airport located in Oakland, California. It serves as a hub for several airlines and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights. With its modern facilities and convenient location, it is a popular choice for travelers in the Bay Area.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- Other Airports in California, United States
How to Get to Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
Metropolitan Oakland International Airport is located in Oakland, California and is easily accessible by car, public transportation, and shuttle services. If you are driving, take Interstate 880 and exit at Hegenberger Road. Follow the signs to the airport, which is located just off Hegenberger Road.
If you prefer public transportation, the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system has a station at the airport. Take the BART train to the Coliseum Station and then transfer to the AirBART shuttle, which will take you directly to the airport terminals.
Another option is to use a shuttle service. Many hotels in the area offer shuttle services to the airport, and there are also several private shuttle companies that provide transportation to and from the airport.
No matter how you choose to get to Metropolitan Oakland International Airport, be sure to allow plenty of time to get there and check in for your flight. Traffic can be heavy in the area, especially during peak travel times, so plan accordingly.
Metropolitan Oakland International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to help travelers get to and from the airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. BART: Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) is a convenient and affordable option for getting to and from the airport. The BART station is located just across from the terminal and offers direct service to downtown San Francisco, Oakland, and other Bay Area destinations.
2. Shuttle Services: There are several shuttle services available at the airport that provide transportation to and from various locations in the Bay Area. These services can be booked in advance or on the spot, and offer a comfortable and convenient way to travel.
3. Taxis and Ride-Sharing Services: Taxis and ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are also available at the airport. These services offer a quick and easy way to get to your destination, and can be booked through their respective apps.
4. Rental Cars: Several rental car companies operate at the airport, and offer a range of vehicles to suit different needs and budgets. Renting a car can be a good option if you plan to explore the Bay Area on your own.
5. Public Transportation: The airport is also served by several local bus routes, which provide affordable transportation to various destinations in the Bay Area. These buses can be accessed from the airport’s bus stop, located just outside the terminal.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Metropolitan Oakland International Airport makes it easy to get to and from your destination.
Metropolitan Oakland International Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Premier Parking: This is the closest parking option to the terminals and is located directly across from Terminal 1. It is a covered parking garage with easy access to the airport.
2. Hourly Parking: This is also located across from Terminal 1 and is ideal for short-term parking needs. It is a covered parking garage with easy access to the airport.
3. Daily Parking: This is located across from Terminal 2 and is ideal for travelers who need to park for a day or more. It is a covered parking garage with easy access to the airport.
4. Economy Parking: This is located off-airport and is the most affordable parking option. It is a surface lot with shuttle service to and from the airport terminals.
5. Valet Parking: This is located at the Terminal 1 departures level and is ideal for travelers who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. It is a covered parking garage with valet service.
No matter which parking option you choose, Metropolitan Oakland International Airport has plenty of parking available to meet your needs.
Car Rental at Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Dollar Rent A Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
Metropolitan Oakland International Airport, also known as Oakland International Airport, is located in Oakland, California. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a walkway. Both terminals offer a variety of services and amenities to passengers.
Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and has 20 gates. It serves airlines such as Southwest, Delta, and Hawaiian Airlines. The terminal has a variety of dining options, including fast food restaurants and sit-down restaurants. There are also several shops and stores, including a duty-free shop, a newsstand, and a gift shop. Terminal 1 also has a pet relief area, a nursing room, and a children’s play area.
Terminal 2 is the newer of the two terminals and has 14 gates. It serves airlines such as Alaska Airlines, JetBlue, and Spirit Airlines. The terminal has a variety of dining options, including a food court and a sit-down restaurant. There are also several shops and stores, including a duty-free shop, a newsstand, and a gift shop. Terminal 2 also has a pet relief area, a nursing room, and a children’s play area.
Overall, both terminals at Metropolitan Oakland International Airport offer a variety of services and amenities to passengers. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or a place to relax before your flight, you’re sure to find what you need at Oakland International Airport.
1. Alaska Airlines
2. Allegiant Air
3. American Airlines
4. Delta Air Lines
5. Hawaiian Airlines
6. JetBlue Airways
7. Southwest Airlines
8. Spirit Airlines
9. United Airlines
Metropolitan Oakland International Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and employees. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. These protocols include strict screening procedures for passengers and their luggage, as well as enhanced security measures for airport facilities and personnel.
Passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This checkpoint includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and other screening equipment to detect any prohibited items. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets, and place them in bins for screening. Liquids and gels must be placed in a clear plastic bag and presented for inspection.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport has implemented a number of security measures to protect its facilities and personnel. These measures include surveillance cameras, access control systems, and security personnel stationed throughout the airport. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure a coordinated response to any security threats.
Overall, Metropolitan Oakland International Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and employees. Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the airport early to allow time for the security screening process and to follow all instructions from airport personnel to ensure a smooth and efficient screening experience.
Metropolitan Oakland International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s customer service representatives are available 24/7 to assist travelers with any questions or concerns they may have. They can provide information on flight schedules, gate locations, baggage claim, and transportation options to and from the airport.
For passengers with disabilities or special needs, the airport offers a variety of services to ensure their comfort and safety. Wheelchair assistance is available upon request, and the airport has accessible restrooms, elevators, and parking spaces. Service animals are also welcome at the airport, and designated relief areas are provided for their use.
In addition, the airport has a variety of amenities to make the travel experience more enjoyable. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the terminal, and there are numerous dining and shopping options for passengers to explore. The airport also has a meditation room for those who need a quiet space to relax and recharge before their flight.
Overall, Metropolitan Oakland International Airport is committed to providing exceptional customer service and traveler’s assistance to ensure a positive travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Metropolitan Oakland International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable. Here are some of the options available:
– Oakland Supply Co.: This shop offers a variety of Oakland-themed souvenirs, including clothing, hats, and accessories.
– Hudson: Hudson is a travel convenience store that offers snacks, drinks, magazines, and other travel essentials.
– InMotion: InMotion is a technology store that offers headphones, chargers, and other electronic accessories.
– See’s Candies: See’s Candies offers a variety of chocolates and other sweet treats.
– Vino Volo: Vino Volo is a wine bar that offers a variety of wines and small plates.
– Pyramid Ale Taproom: Pyramid Ale Taproom offers a variety of craft beers and pub-style food.
– Starbucks: Starbucks offers a variety of coffee drinks, pastries, and sandwiches.
– Jamba Juice: Jamba Juice offers a variety of smoothies, juices, and snacks.
These are just a few of the many shops and restaurants available at Metropolitan Oakland International Airport. Whether you’re looking for a souvenir, a snack, or a full meal, you’re sure to find something to suit your needs.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Metropolitan Oakland International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at the airport:
1. Terminal 1, Gate 8: This prayer room is located near the baggage claim area of Terminal 1, Gate 8. It is open 24/7 and is available for people of all faiths.
2. Terminal 2, Gate 25: This prayer room is located near the baggage claim area of Terminal 2, Gate 25. It is open 24/7 and is available for people of all faiths.
3. International Arrivals Building: This prayer room is located in the International Arrivals Building, near the baggage claim area. It is open 24/7 and is available for people of all faiths.
4. Terminal 1, Gate 24: This worship area is located near the baggage claim area of Terminal 1, Gate 24. It is open 24/7 and is specifically designed for Muslim passengers, with separate areas for men and women.
5. Terminal 2, Gate 28: This worship area is located near the baggage claim area of Terminal 2, Gate 28. It is open 24/7 and is specifically designed for Muslim passengers, with separate areas for men and women.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free to use and provide a peaceful and quiet space for passengers and visitors to practice their faith or seek a moment of solitude. They are maintained regularly and are equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other necessary amenities.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Metropolitan Oakland International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, and other online activities.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workspace options. The Terminal 2 Business Center provides a quiet and comfortable environment with desks, chairs, and power outlets. The center also offers printing, scanning, and faxing services for a fee.
In addition, the airport has several charging stations located throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to charge their devices while waiting for their flight.
Overall, Metropolitan Oakland International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
The Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) offers a variety of lounges for its passengers to enjoy. Listed below are the airport lounges and their locations.
- The Club at OAK – Upper Level across from Gate C1
- United Club – Upper Level across from Gate C1
- The Club at OAK – Upper Level across from Gate D3
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Upper Level across from Gate D1
- British Airways Galleries Lounge – Upper Level across from Gate D2
- Alaska Airlines Board Room – Upper Level across from Gate D4
- USO Lounge – Lower Level across from Gate 1
Accomodation Options Nearby Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) offers a variety of accommodation options for travelers, ranging from budget-friendly to luxurious offerings. Whether you have an early morning flight or a long layover, here are the available accommodation options at and near the airport:
1. On-site Hotels:
– Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oakland-Airport: Located next to Oakland Airport, this hotel provides a complimentary airport shuttle, free breakfast, and comfortable rooms with modern amenities.
– Oakland Airport Executive Hotel: Situated just minutes from the terminal, this hotel offers spacious rooms, a park-and-fly option, a restaurant, and a free shuttle.
2. Off-site Hotels:
– Hilton Oakland Airport: A short drive from the airport, this hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle service, comfortable rooms with modern amenities, a fitness center, and a pool.
– Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Airport: Conveniently located near the airport, this hotel features contemporary rooms, a 24-hour fitness center, complimentary airport shuttle service, and an on-site Bistro.
3. Extended Stay Hotels:
– Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront: A short drive from the airport, this all-suite hotel provides spacious accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, complimentary breakfast, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center.
– Extended Stay America – Oakland – Alameda Airport: Ideal for longer stays, this hotel offers rooms with kitchenettes, workspaces, a coin-operated laundry facility, and proximity to the airport.
4. Budget-friendly Options:
– Motel 6 Oakland Airport: Located near OAK, this affordable option offers standard amenities, pet-friendly rooms, and easy access to the airport.
– Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport: A value-oriented choice, this hotel offers free airport shuttle service, comfortable rooms, a pool, and an on-site restaurant.
5. Luxury Hotels:
– The Claremont Club & Spa: Located a short drive from the airport, this elegant resort features luxurious rooms with breathtaking views, a spa, multiple dining options, a pool, and fitness facilities.
– The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square: Situated across the bay from OAK, this upscale hotel offers stylish accommodations, exquisite dining options, a spa, a fitness center, and easy access to San Francisco’s attractions.
These accommodation options at the Metropolitan Oakland International Airport cater to a wide range of budgets and preferences, ensuring a comfortable stay for all travelers.
1. Oakland Museum of California: Located just a short distance from the airport, the Oakland Museum of California offers a fascinating exploration of the region’s art, history, and natural sciences. With interactive exhibits and engaging displays, visitors can immerse themselves in the diverse cultures and rich heritage of California.
2. Chabot Space & Science Center: For astronomy enthusiasts, the Chabot Space & Science Center is a must-visit attraction near the airport. With its state-of-the-art telescopes and planetarium shows, this educational hub provides a unique opportunity to explore the wonders of the universe.
3. Jack London Square: Situated along the waterfront, Jack London Square offers a vibrant mix of dining, shopping, and entertainment options. Visitors can enjoy a stroll by the marina, indulge in delicious seafood at waterfront restaurants, or browse through the eclectic boutiques and art galleries.
4. Lake Merritt: Known as the “Jewel of Oakland,” Lake Merritt is a picturesque urban oasis offering a variety of outdoor activities. Visitors can rent paddleboats, kayaks, or bicycles to explore the lake, enjoy a picnic by the shoreline, or simply relax in the peaceful surroundings.
5. Redwood Regional Park: Nature lovers can venture just a short distance from the airport to Redwood Regional Park, which boasts breathtaking forests of towering redwood trees. With numerous hiking trails suited for all levels, this park offers a tranquil escape into the stunning beauty of Northern California’s natural landscapes.
6. Oakland Zoo: A perfect attraction for families, the Oakland Zoo is home to over 750 native and exotic animals spread across 100 acres. Visitors can experience close encounters with elephants, giraffes, tigers, and many other fascinating creatures, while also enjoying interactive exhibits and educational programs.
7. Fox Theater: Music and theater enthusiasts must not miss a visit to the historic Fox Theater, a restored Art Deco gem in downtown Oakland. Known for its outstanding acoustics and stunning interior, the theater hosts a wide range of performances, from live concerts to Broadway shows.
8. USS Hornet Museum: Located near the airport on the former Naval Air Station, the USS Hornet Museum offers a captivating insight into America’s naval history and aircraft carrier operations. Visitors can explore the aircraft carrier, discover fascinating exhibits, and even participate in self-guided ghost tours, as the ship is said to be haunted.
9. Children’s Fairyland: A magical destination for young children, Children’s Fairyland is a whimsical storybook theme park where kids can meet their favorite nursery rhyme and fairytale characters. This enchanting park includes rides, play areas, and interactive displays to spark the imagination of little ones.
10. Oakland Athletics Baseball: Sports fans can catch a game at the Oakland Coliseum and cheer for the city’s Major League Baseball team, the Oakland Athletics. This lively stadium offers an electric atmosphere and a chance to witness exciting baseball action while enjoying classic ballpark snacks.
History of Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
Metropolitan Oakland International Airport, also known as Oakland International Airport, is located in Oakland, California. The airport was first established in 1927 as a municipal airport and was later renamed to Oakland International Airport in 1946. The airport has since undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines.
During World War II, the airport served as a military base for the United States Army Air Forces. After the war, the airport was returned to civilian use and became a hub for several airlines, including Southwest Airlines and Alaska Airlines. In 2008, the airport underwent a major renovation project that included the construction of a new terminal and parking garage.
Today, Oakland International Airport serves over 14 million passengers annually and offers non-stop flights to over 60 destinations in the United States, Mexico, and Europe. The airport is known for its convenient location, easy access to public transportation, and its commitment to sustainability. In 2019, the airport was recognized as the fourth-best airport in North America by J.D. Power and Associates.
Other Airports in California, United States
- Bakersfield International Airport
- Barstow Daggett Airport
- Beale Air Force Base
- Bicycle Lake Army Air Field
- Blythe Airport
- Bob Hope Airport
- Brown Field Municipal Airport
- California Redwood Coast-Humboldt County Airport
- Camarillo International Airport
- Camp Pendleton MCAS (Munn Field) Airport
- Castle Airport
- Charles M. Schulz Sonoma County Airport
- China Lake Naws (Armitage Field) Airport
- Eastern Sierra Regional Airport
- Edwards Air Force Base
- El Centro NAF Airport (Vraciu Field)
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport
- General WM J Fox Airfield
- Imperial County Airport
- Jack Mc Namara Field Airport
- Jack Northrop Field Hawthorne Municipal Airport
- Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport
- John Wayne Airport-Orange County Airport
- Lake Tahoe Airport
- Lemoore Naval Air Station (Reeves Field) Airport
- Long Beach Airport (Daugherty Field)
- Los Alamitos Army Air Field
- Los Angeles International Airport
- March Air Reserve Base
- Mc Clellan Airfield
- McClellan-Palomar Airport
- Meadows Field
- Merced Regional Macready Field
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- Miramar Marine Corps Air Station – Mitscher Field
- Modesto City Co-Harry Sham Field
- Moffett Federal Airfield
- Monterey Peninsula Airport
- Murray Field
- Needles Airport
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- North Island Naval Air Station-Halsey Field
- Ontario International Airport
- Oxnard Airport
- Palm Springs International Airport
- Palmdale Regional Airport / USAF Plant 42 Airport
- Paso Robles Municipal Airport
- Point Mugu Naval Air Station (Naval Base Ventura Co)
- Red Bluff Municipal Airport
- Redding Municipal Airport
- Riverside Municipal Airport
- Sacramento Executive Airport
- Sacramento International Airport
- Sacramento Mather Airport
- Salinas Municipal Airport
- San Bernardino International Airport
- San Diego International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- San Luis County Regional Airport
- Santa Barbara Municipal Airport
- Santa Maria Public Airport Captain G Allan Hancock Field
- Santa Monica Municipal Airport
- Stockton Metropolitan Airport
- Travis Air Force Base
- Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Twentynine Palms Strategic Expeditionary Landing Field
- Ukiah Municipal Airport
- Van Nuys Airport
- Vandenberg Air Force Base
- Visalia International Airport
- Yuba County Airport