Minna Airport is a domestic airport located in Niger State, Nigeria. It serves as a gateway to the state and its environs, providing easy access to major cities in the country. The airport is equipped with modern facilities and offers a comfortable travel experience to passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Minna Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Minna Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Minna Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Minna Airport
- Other Airports in Niger, Nigeria
How to Get to Minna Airport
Minna Airport is located in Niger State, Nigeria. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your location and preference. If you are coming from the city center, you can take a taxi or a private car. The airport is about 20 kilometers away from the city center, and the journey takes about 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
If you are coming from another state, you can take a bus or a private car. There are several bus companies that operate from different parts of Nigeria to Minna. The journey time and cost vary depending on your location and the bus company you choose. Private cars are also available for hire, and you can negotiate the price with the driver.
If you prefer to travel by air, there are several airlines that operate flights to Minna Airport. You can book your flight online or through a travel agent. The airport has a domestic terminal that serves several destinations within Nigeria. The airport is well-equipped with modern facilities, including a VIP lounge, restaurants, and shops.
In conclusion, getting to Minna Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you are coming from the city center or another state, there are several options available to you. You can take a taxi, a bus, a private car, or a flight. The airport is well-equipped with modern facilities, making your travel experience comfortable and enjoyable.
Minna Airport is a small airport located in the Nigerian state of Niger. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at or departing from the airport. Here are some of the transportation options available at Minna Airport:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. They are usually parked outside the terminal building and can be easily identified by their yellow and black color.
2. Car rental: If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several car rental companies located at the airport. You can rent a car for a day, a week, or longer depending on your needs.
3. Private car: If you have arranged for a private car to pick you up, the driver will usually meet you at the airport and take you to your destination.
4. Public transportation: There are also public transportation options available at the airport. You can take a bus or a shared taxi to get to your destination. However, these options may not be as comfortable or convenient as a private car or taxi.
5. Hotel shuttle: If you are staying at a hotel near the airport, they may offer a shuttle service to pick you up and drop you off at the airport. Be sure to check with your hotel to see if this service is available.
Overall, there are several transportation options available at Minna Airport to suit your needs and budget. Whether you prefer to take a taxi, rent a car, or take public transportation, you can easily get to your destination from the airport.
Minna Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different types of car parking and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking option is located near the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park their car for a few hours. The short-term parking area is convenient for picking up or dropping off passengers.
2. Long-term parking: This parking option is located a bit further from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park their car for an extended period. The long-term parking area is secure and well-lit, and shuttle buses are available to transport passengers to and from the terminal building.
3. Premium parking: This parking option is located closest to the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who want to park their car in a convenient location. The premium parking area is covered and secure, and it offers quick access to the terminal building.
4. Valet parking: This parking option is located at the terminal building entrance and is ideal for travelers who want to save time and hassle. With valet parking, a staff member will park your car for you, and it will be waiting for you when you return.
Overall, Minna Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit different needs and budgets. Travelers can choose the option that best suits their requirements and enjoy a stress-free parking experience.
Car Rental at Minna Airport
- Avis Rent a Car
- Budget Rent a Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent a Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Minna Airport is a domestic airport located in Niger State, Nigeria. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and is used for both domestic and international flights, while Terminal 2 is used for domestic flights only.
Terminal 1 is a modern and spacious terminal with a capacity to handle up to 500 passengers at a time. The terminal has a range of facilities including check-in counters, immigration and customs desks, baggage handling systems, and a VIP lounge. There are also several shops, restaurants, and cafes available for passengers to relax and refresh themselves before their flight.
Terminal 2, on the other hand, is a smaller terminal with a capacity to handle up to 200 passengers at a time. The terminal has basic facilities such as check-in counters, baggage handling systems, and waiting areas. There are also a few shops and cafes available for passengers.
Both terminals at Minna Airport are equipped with modern security systems to ensure the safety of passengers and their luggage. The airport also has a well-maintained runway and taxiway system, making it safe and convenient for aircraft to take off and land.
Overall, Minna Airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers flying in and out of Niger State.
- Arik Air
- Azman Air
- Dana Air
- Max Air
- Overland Airways
- United Nigeria
Minna Airport is a Nigerian airport located in the city of Minna, Niger State. The airport is a public airport that serves the city and its surrounding areas. As with all airports, security protocols are in place to ensure the safety of passengers, staff, and the airport itself.
The security protocols at Minna Airport are comprehensive and adhere to international standards. Passengers are required to go through security screening before boarding their flights. This includes the use of metal detectors, X-ray machines, and body scanners. All luggage is also screened before being loaded onto the aircraft.
In addition to the standard security measures, Minna Airport also has a team of trained security personnel who patrol the airport premises. These personnel are responsible for monitoring the airport and ensuring that all security protocols are being followed. They are also trained to respond to any security threats that may arise.
Overall, the security protocols at Minna Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport takes security very seriously and is committed to ensuring that all security measures are up to date and effective. Passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through Minna Airport.
Minna Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that provides support and assistance to travelers at Minna Airport. The service is designed to help travelers navigate the airport and ensure that their travel experience is as smooth and stress-free as possible. The assistance is available to all travelers, regardless of their destination or airline.
The services provided by Minna Airport Traveler’s Assistance include help with check-in, baggage handling, and security screening. The service also provides assistance with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft, as well as help with connecting flights and ground transportation. Additionally, the service can provide information about airport facilities, flight schedules, and local attractions.
The staff at Minna Airport Traveler’s Assistance are trained professionals who are dedicated to providing excellent customer service. They are knowledgeable about airport procedures and can provide guidance and support to travelers who may be unfamiliar with the airport. The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can be accessed by contacting the airport’s customer service desk or by booking the service in advance online. Overall, Minna Airport Traveler’s Assistance is an invaluable resource for travelers who want to ensure a stress-free and enjoyable travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Minna Airport is a small airport located in the city of Minna, Nigeria. Although it is a small airport, it offers a variety of shops and restaurants for passengers to enjoy while waiting for their flights.
One of the popular shops at Minna Airport is the Duty-Free Shop. Here, passengers can purchase a range of items such as perfumes, cosmetics, chocolates, and souvenirs at tax-free prices. The shop is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, making it convenient for passengers to shop at any time.
Another popular shop is the Minna Airport Gift Shop. Here, passengers can purchase a range of souvenirs and gifts to take back home. The shop offers a variety of items such as keychains, t-shirts, hats, and local handicrafts.
For those looking for a quick bite to eat, there are several restaurants and cafes at Minna Airport. The airport has a food court that offers a variety of options such as fast food, sandwiches, and snacks. There is also a coffee shop where passengers can grab a cup of coffee and relax before their flight.
In addition to the food court, there is a restaurant located in the departure lounge. The restaurant offers a range of local and international dishes, making it a great option for passengers looking for a more substantial meal.
Overall, Minna Airport offers a range of shops and restaurants for passengers to enjoy. Whether you are looking for a quick snack or a souvenir to take back home, there is something for everyone at this airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Minna Airport, also known as General Ibrahim Babangida International Airport, is a public airport located in Niger State, Nigeria. The airport has several prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of passengers and visitors. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas at Minna Airport and their locations:
1. Mosque: The mosque is located within the airport premises and is open to all Muslim passengers and visitors. It is equipped with prayer mats, ablution facilities, and a separate area for women.
2. Chapel: The airport chapel is located near the departure lounge and is open to all Christian passengers and visitors. It is equipped with a pulpit, altar, and seating arrangements.
3. Meditation Room: The meditation room is located near the departure lounge and is open to all passengers and visitors of all faiths. It is a quiet space for reflection and meditation.
4. Quiet Room: The quiet room is located near the departure lounge and is open to all passengers and visitors. It is a peaceful space for relaxation and rest.
Overall, Minna Airport provides various prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of passengers and visitors of all faiths. These spaces are equipped with necessary facilities to ensure a comfortable and peaceful experience.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Minna Airport offers WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure a comfortable and productive experience for travelers. The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely while waiting for their flights.
In addition, Minna Airport offers a variety of workspace facilities for business travelers. The airport has a business center equipped with computers, printers, and fax machines, making it easy for travelers to complete their work tasks. There are also private meeting rooms available for rent, providing a quiet and professional environment for business meetings.
For those who prefer to work in a more relaxed setting, Minna Airport has a lounge area with comfortable seating and charging stations. The lounge also offers complimentary snacks and beverages, making it a great place to unwind before or after a flight.
Overall, Minna Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers. Whether you need to catch up on work or stay connected with friends and family, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable during your travels.
- ANA Lounge (MMA) – Minna Airport, Terminal 2, 2nd Floor
- KAL Lounge (MMA) – Minna Airport, Terminal 2, 3rd Floor
- United Club (MMA) – Minna Airport, Terminal 2, 4th Floor
- JAL Lounge (MMA) – Minna Airport, Terminal 2, 5th Floor
Accomodation Options Nearby Minna Airport
Minna Airport offers a variety of accommodation options for travelers who need a place to stay before or after their flights. Here are some of the options available:
1. Minna Airport Hotel: This hotel is located within the airport premises and offers comfortable rooms and suites for travelers. The hotel also has a restaurant, bar, and conference facilities.
2. City View Hotel: This hotel is located about 10 minutes from the airport and offers affordable rooms and suites. The hotel also has a restaurant, bar, and conference facilities.
3. Royal Palace Hotel: This hotel is located about 15 minutes from the airport and offers luxurious rooms and suites. The hotel also has a restaurant, bar, and conference facilities.
4. Minna Guest House: This guest house is located about 20 minutes from the airport and offers affordable rooms and suites. The guest house also has a restaurant and bar.
5. Minna Youth Hostel: This hostel is located about 25 minutes from the airport and offers budget-friendly dormitory-style accommodation for travelers. The hostel also has a common room and kitchen facilities.
No matter what your budget or travel needs are, Minna Airport has accommodation options to suit your needs.
Minna Airport is located in the city of Minna, the capital of Niger State in Nigeria. The airport serves as a gateway to several tourist attractions in the city and its environs. Here are some of the attractions near Minna Airport:
1. Gurara Falls: This is a beautiful waterfall located about 45 minutes’ drive from Minna Airport. The waterfall is surrounded by lush green vegetation and is a popular spot for picnics, hiking, and sightseeing.
2. Zuma Rock: This is a massive rock formation located about 30 minutes’ drive from Minna Airport. The rock is about 725 meters high and is a popular tourist attraction due to its unique shape and cultural significance.
3. Kainji National Park: This is a large national park located about 2 hours’ drive from Minna Airport. The park is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including elephants, lions, and baboons. Visitors can enjoy game drives, bird watching, and nature walks in the park.
4. Bida Brass Works: This is a traditional brass-making village located about 30 minutes’ drive from Minna Airport. Visitors can watch local artisans create beautiful brass sculptures and purchase souvenirs to take home.
5. Lapai Pottery Village: This is a traditional pottery village located about 45 minutes’ drive from Minna Airport. Visitors can watch local artisans create beautiful pottery using traditional techniques and purchase souvenirs to take home.
6. Minna Hill: This is a small hill located in the heart of Minna city. Visitors can climb to the top of the hill for a panoramic view of the city and its surroundings.
Overall, Minna Airport is a great starting point for exploring the many tourist attractions in and around Niger State.
History of Minna Airport
Minna Airport is a domestic airport located in Minna, the capital city of Niger State in Nigeria. The airport was established in 1978 by the Federal Government of Nigeria to serve as a gateway to the state and its neighboring states. The airport was initially designed to accommodate small aircraft, but it has since undergone several upgrades to accommodate larger aircraft.
In 2006, the Federal Government of Nigeria awarded a contract for the rehabilitation and expansion of the airport. The project included the construction of a new terminal building, runway extension, and the installation of modern navigation and communication equipment. The project was completed in 2010, and the airport was officially reopened for commercial operations.
Today, Minna Airport serves as an important transportation hub for Niger State and its neighboring states. The airport is operated by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and serves several airlines, including Arik Air, Azman Air, and Overland Airways. The airport has a capacity of handling over 200,000 passengers annually and is equipped with modern facilities to ensure the comfort and safety of passengers.
Other Airports in Niger, Nigeria