Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport is a major airport located in the Twin Cities metropolitan area of Minnesota, United States. It is the largest and busiest airport in the Upper Midwest region, serving over 38 million passengers annually. The airport is a hub for Delta Air Lines and Sun Country Airlines, and offers non-stop flights to over 160 destinations worldwide.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
- Other Airports in Minnesota, United States
How to Get to Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport is located approximately 10 miles south of downtown Minneapolis and 12 miles southeast of downtown St. Paul. There are several transportation options available to get to the airport.
One of the most popular options is to take a taxi or ride-sharing service such as Uber or Lyft. Taxis are available at the airport 24/7 and ride-sharing services can be accessed through their respective apps. The cost of a taxi or ride-sharing service will vary depending on your location and time of day.
Another option is to take public transportation. The Metro Transit light rail system has a stop at the airport, making it easy to get to and from the airport. The Blue Line runs from downtown Minneapolis to the airport and continues on to Mall of America. The cost of a one-way ticket is $2.50 during non-peak hours and $3.00 during peak hours.
If you prefer to drive, there are several parking options available at the airport. There are several parking ramps and lots located near the terminals, as well as off-site parking options that offer shuttle service to the airport. The cost of parking will vary depending on the location and length of your stay.
Overall, there are several transportation options available to get to Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport. Whether you choose to take a taxi, ride-sharing service, public transportation, or drive yourself, there are plenty of options to suit your needs and budget.
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to help travelers get to and from the airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Light Rail Transit (LRT): The METRO Blue Line connects the airport to downtown Minneapolis and Mall of America. Trains run every 10-15 minutes and the ride takes about 25 minutes.
2. Bus: Several bus routes serve the airport, including the METRO Transit bus, which provides service to downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul.
3. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport 24/7. The ride to downtown Minneapolis takes about 20 minutes, while the ride to downtown St. Paul takes about 25 minutes.
4. Ride-sharing: Uber and Lyft are both available at the airport. Simply request a ride through the app and your driver will pick you up at the designated ride-share pickup area.
5. Rental cars: Several rental car companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National.
6. Shuttle services: Several shuttle services provide transportation to and from the airport, including SuperShuttle and GO Airport Shuttle.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport makes it easy to get to your destination.
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport offers a variety of parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and where they are located:
1. Terminal 1 Parking: This parking option is located directly across from Terminal 1 and offers both hourly and daily parking options. Hourly parking rates start at $5 per hour, while daily rates start at $26 per day.
2. Terminal 2 Parking: This parking option is located directly across from Terminal 2 and offers both hourly and daily parking options. Hourly parking rates start at $5 per hour, while daily rates start at $17 per day.
3. Value Parking: This parking option is located near Terminal 2 and offers a more affordable parking option for travelers. Daily rates start at $13 per day.
4. Quick Ride Ramp: This parking option is located off of Highway 5 and offers a shuttle service to both terminals. Daily rates start at $15 per day.
5. Park & Ride: This parking option is located off of Highway 77 and offers a shuttle service to both terminals. Daily rates start at $10 per day.
6. Valet Parking: This parking option is located at Terminal 1 and offers a convenient and hassle-free parking option for travelers. Daily rates start at $45 per day.
No matter which parking option you choose, Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport has plenty of options to fit your needs and budget.
Car Rental at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) is a major airport located in the Twin Cities metropolitan area of Minnesota. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which serve millions of passengers each year.
Terminal 1, also known as the Lindbergh Terminal, is the larger of the two terminals and serves most major airlines, including Delta, American, United, and Southwest. The terminal has seven concourses, each with its own set of gates and amenities. Concourse G is the international concourse, with flights to destinations around the world. Terminal 1 also has a variety of restaurants, shops, and services, including a duty-free store, a spa, and a children’s play area.
Terminal 2, also known as the Humphrey Terminal, serves primarily low-cost carriers such as Sun Country and Spirit Airlines. The terminal has one concourse with a variety of dining and shopping options, as well as a TSA PreCheck enrollment center. Terminal 2 is connected to Terminal 1 by a light rail system, making it easy for passengers to transfer between terminals.
Both terminals at MSP offer a range of amenities and services to make travel more comfortable and convenient. These include free Wi-Fi, charging stations, baggage storage, and pet relief areas. The airport also has a variety of parking options, including valet, hourly, and long-term parking, as well as a cell phone lot for those waiting to pick up arriving passengers. Overall, MSP’s terminals provide a modern and efficient travel experience for passengers flying in and out of the Twin Cities.
1. Aer Lingus
2. Air Canada
3. Air Choice One
4. Alaska Airlines
5. American Airlines
6. Boutique Air
7. Delta Air Lines
8. Frontier Airlines
10. JetBlue Airways
11. Southwest Airlines
12. Spirit Airlines
13. Sun Country Airlines
14. United Airlines
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and employees. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal.
One of the most visible security measures at MSP is the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint. All passengers must pass through this checkpoint before boarding their flight. TSA officers use advanced imaging technology and other screening methods to detect prohibited items and potential threats. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets, and place all liquids and electronics in separate bins for screening.
In addition to the TSA checkpoint, MSP has a number of other security measures in place. The airport has a dedicated police force that patrols the terminal and parking areas. There are also security cameras throughout the airport that are monitored 24/7. MSP also works closely with federal and local law enforcement agencies to share information and coordinate security efforts.
Overall, MSP takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all travelers. Passengers can help by following all TSA guidelines and reporting any suspicious activity to airport staff or law enforcement.
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Travelers Assistance Program provides volunteers who are available to assist passengers with a variety of needs, including directions, wheelchair assistance, and language translation services. These volunteers are easily identifiable by their bright green vests and are stationed throughout the airport.
In addition to the Travelers Assistance Program, the airport also offers a variety of other services to assist travelers. These include baggage assistance, pet relief areas, and nursing rooms for mothers with infants. The airport also has a dedicated team of customer service representatives who are available to answer any questions or concerns that passengers may have.
For passengers with disabilities, Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport offers a range of accessibility services, including wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also has a dedicated accessibility hotline that passengers can call for assistance.
Overall, Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport is committed to providing exceptional customer service and traveler’s assistance to ensure that all passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the top options:
1. Minnesota! The Store: This shop offers a variety of Minnesota-themed souvenirs, gifts, and apparel.
2. Tech on the Go: This store offers a range of electronics, including headphones, chargers, and travel adapters.
3. The Body Shop: This store offers a range of skincare and beauty products, including lotions, body washes, and makeup.
4. Swarovski: This store offers a range of crystal jewelry, accessories, and home decor items.
5. Hugo Boss: This store offers a range of men’s and women’s clothing, including suits, dresses, and accessories.
1. French Meadow Bakery & Cafe: This restaurant offers a range of organic and gluten-free options, including sandwiches, salads, and baked goods.
2. Ike’s Food & Cocktails: This restaurant offers a range of American cuisine, including burgers, sandwiches, and cocktails.
3. Stone Arch: This restaurant offers a range of local and regional cuisine, including walleye, wild rice soup, and craft beer.
4. Starbucks: This coffee shop offers a range of coffee, tea, and baked goods.
5. Chick-fil-A: This fast-food restaurant offers a range of chicken sandwiches, nuggets, and salads.
Overall, Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers, whether they are looking for souvenirs, electronics, or a quick bite to eat.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers of different faiths. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the Mezzanine Level of Terminal 1, near the entrance to Concourse C. This chapel is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the Mezzanine Level of Terminal 1, near the entrance to Concourse C. This room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Muslim travelers to pray.
3. Reflection Room – Located on the Mezzanine Level of Terminal 1, near the entrance to Concourse D. This room is open 24/7 and provides a quiet space for meditation and reflection.
4. Christian Prayer Room – Located on the Mezzanine Level of Terminal 1, near the entrance to Concourse E. This room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Christian travelers to pray.
5. Jewish Prayer Room – Located on the Mezzanine Level of Terminal 1, near the entrance to Concourse F. This room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Jewish travelers to pray.
6. Hindu Prayer Room – Located on the Mezzanine Level of Terminal 1, near the entrance to Concourse G. This room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Hindu travelers to pray.
7. Buddhist Meditation Room – Located on the Mezzanine Level of Terminal 1, near the entrance to Concourse H. This room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Buddhist travelers to meditate.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free to use and open to travelers of all faiths. They offer a peaceful and quiet space for prayer, meditation, and reflection, making travel a more comfortable and spiritual experience.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport offers a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace: MSP Airport offers several options for travelers who need a quiet space to work or study. The airport has a number of seating areas with power outlets, as well as dedicated workstations with desks and chairs. These workstations are located throughout the terminal and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
In addition, the airport has several business centers that offer private workspaces, printing and copying services, and other amenities. These centers are located in both the Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 buildings and can be accessed for a fee.
Overall, Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to meet the needs of all travelers. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected, the airport has you covered.
The Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport / Wold–Chamberlain Field is home to a wide variety of lounges, offering travelers a comfortable and luxurious experience. Here is a list of the lounges and where they are located:
- Delta Sky Club – Concourse E
- United Club – Concourse E
- American Airlines Admirals Club – Concourse G
- Air France/KLM Lounge – Concourse F
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Concourse G
- British Airways Galleries Lounge – Concourse F
- Lufthansa Business Lounge – Concourse F
- The Lounge – Concourse F
- Escape Lounge – Concourse F
Accomodation Options Nearby Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) offers a variety of accommodation options to cater to the needs of travelers, regardless of their budget or preference. From budget-friendly hotels to luxurious options, you’ll find something suitable for your stay. Here are the accommodation options available at MSP:
1. On-site Hotels:
– InterContinental Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport: A luxury hotel situated within the airport premises. It offers elegant rooms, on-site dining options, a fitness center, and easy access to the terminals.
– Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Airport: Another upscale hotel connected to the airport through a skywalk. It features stylish rooms, a restaurant, a fitness center, and flexible meeting spaces.
– Minneapolis Airport Marriott: This contemporary hotel provides comfortable accommodations, dining options, and a fully equipped fitness center.
2. Nearby Hotels:
– Hampton Inn Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport: Located just minutes away from the airport, this mid-range hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast, a fitness center, and a free shuttle service to the airport.
– Country Inn & Suites by Radisson: Situated less than two miles from the airport, this budget-friendly hotel provides cozy rooms, free breakfast, a fitness center, and a complimentary shuttle service.
– Crowne Plaza Aire MSP Airport – Mall of America: A well-appointed hotel offering spacious rooms, an indoor pool, on-site dining, and a free shuttle to both the airport and nearby Mall of America.
3. Extended Stay Options:
– Staybridge Suites Minneapolis-Bloomington: Ideal for longer stays, this hotel provides fully equipped suites with kitchenettes, complimentary breakfast, laundry facilities, and a 24-hour fitness center. It is located near the airport and Mall of America.
– Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport: Offering spacious suites with separate living areas and kitchenettes, this hotel is suitable for extended stays. It provides complimentary breakfast, evening socials, and a free airport shuttle.
4. Pod Hotels:
– The Escape Lounge: Perfect for a short nap or relaxation, this comfortable lounge offers sleep pods equipped with charging points, Wi-Fi access, and amenities like fresh towels and toiletries.
Note: Prices and amenities offered may vary, so it’s recommended to check with each accommodation provider for up-to-date information.
1. Mall of America: Located just 3 miles from the airport, this massive shopping and entertainment complex is one of the largest malls in the United States. With over 500 stores, a variety of dining options, and attractions like Nickelodeon Universe theme park and SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium, it offers a world of shopping and fun.
2. Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge: This beautiful natural oasis spans over 14,000 acres and provides a serene retreat for outdoor enthusiasts. With an extensive network of trails and boardwalks, visitors can explore diverse habitats, spot migratory birds, and enjoy picturesque views of the Minnesota River Valley.
3. Fort Snelling State Park: Situated where the Mississippi and Minnesota Rivers meet, this historic park boasts over 2,000 acres of wilderness. Visitors can hike, bike, picnic, fish, or rent kayaks to explore this scenic area. The park also houses historic sites like Fort Snelling, which offers a glimpse into the region’s military past.
4. Minnesota Zoo: Located about 10 miles from the airport, the Minnesota Zoo is a must-visit attraction for animal lovers. Home to over 4,200 animals from around the world, the zoo offers diverse exhibits, educational programs, and engaging experiences like camel rides and close encounters with various species.
5. Minneapolis Institute of Art: This world-class art museum features a vast collection spanning over 5,000 years of artistic history. With over 90,000 artworks ranging from African and Asian artifacts to European paintings and contemporary sculptures, visitors can immerse themselves in diverse cultural expressions and artistic mastery. Admission is free.
6. Como Park Zoo & Conservatory: Situated in St. Paul, this charming attraction offers a combination of beautifully landscaped gardens and a small zoo. Visitors can explore the conservatory’s tropical plants, stroll through Japanese gardens, and witness a wide variety of animal species, including big cats, polar bears, penguins, and primates.
7. Minnehaha Regional Park: Known for its iconic 53-foot waterfall, this park offers scenic beauty in the heart of the city. Visitors can follow the winding trails along the creek, admire limestone bluffs, and enjoy picnic areas under the shade of oak trees. The park also has an off-leash dog area and serves as a gateway to the extensive Minneapolis park system.
8. Science Museum of Minnesota: Located on the banks of the Mississippi River in St. Paul, this interactive museum appeals to both adults and children. With hands-on exhibits exploring science, technology, history, and the environment, visitors can engage in various experiments, explore ancient artifacts, and even watch educational movies on a giant screen.
9. Mill City Museum: Situated on the historic Mississippi Riverfront, this museum offers fascinating insights into Minneapolis’ flour milling past. Housed in a renovated flour mill, visitors can explore interactive exhibits, watch milling demonstrations, and enjoy breathtaking views of the river from the observation deck. The museum also provides guided tours of the nearby ruins of the Washburn A Mill.
10. Guthrie Theater: As one of the flagship theaters in the United States, the Guthrie Theater is a cultural landmark offering world-class performances. With three stages showcasing a wide range of plays, musicals, and contemporary productions, it provides a vibrant arts experience in a stunning architectural setting overlooking the Mississippi River.
Note: Please check the attractions’ websites or contact them directly for the most up-to-date information regarding hours of operation and any COVID-19 related restrictions.
History of Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) is a joint civil-military airport located in Hennepin County, Minnesota. The airport was established in 1920 as Speedway Field, a small airfield used for airmail service. In 1929, the airport was renamed Wold-Chamberlain Field after two local aviators who died in a plane crash.
During World War II, the airport was used as a military base and was later returned to civilian use in 1944. In the 1950s, the airport underwent major renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 1961, the airport was renamed Minneapolis–St. Paul International Airport to reflect its growing importance as a regional hub.
Today, MSP is one of the busiest airports in the United States, serving over 38 million passengers annually. The airport has four runways and two terminals, with over 130 non-stop destinations worldwide. MSP is also home to the largest mall in the United States, the Mall of America, which is located adjacent to the airport and is accessible via a light rail system. The airport continues to undergo renovations and expansions to meet the needs of its growing passenger base.
Other Airports in Minnesota, United States
- Baudette International Airport
- Bemidji Regional Airport
- Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport
- Chandler Field
- Duluth International Airport
- Ely Municipal Airport
- Falls International Airport
- Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
- Range Regional Airport
- Redwood Falls Municipal Airport
- Rochester International Airport
- Saint Cloud Regional Airport
- St Paul Downtown Holman Field