Minsk National Airport is the main international airport in Belarus, located about 42 kilometers east of the capital city of Minsk. It serves as a hub for the national airline Belavia and offers flights to destinations in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Minsk National Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Minsk National Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Minsk National Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Minsk National Airport
- Other Airports in Minsk Voblast, Belarus
How to Get to Minsk National Airport
Minsk National Airport is the main airport in Belarus and is located approximately 42 kilometers east of the city center. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
If you are taking a taxi, it is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability and avoid any potential language barriers. Taxis can be found at designated taxi stands throughout the city, or you can use a ride-hailing app such as Uber or Yandex.Taxi.
Alternatively, there are several bus routes that connect the airport to the city center, including bus number 300Э and 173Э. These buses run regularly throughout the day and are an affordable option for those on a budget.
If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several car rental companies located at the airport, including Avis, Europcar, and Hertz. The airport is easily accessible via the M2 highway, which connects Minsk to Moscow.
Overall, getting to Minsk National Airport is relatively straightforward and can be done by taxi, bus, or private car. It is recommended to plan ahead and allow plenty of time to ensure a stress-free journey.
Minsk National Airport is the main airport in Belarus, serving both domestic and international flights. There are several transportation options available for passengers arriving at the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient option for those who prefer door-to-door service. The taxi stand is located outside the arrivals area, and fares are metered.
2. Bus: The airport is well-connected to the city by bus. Bus number 300Э runs from the airport to the city center, with stops at major hotels and attractions along the way. The bus stop is located outside the arrivals area, and tickets can be purchased from the driver.
3. Shuttle: Several shuttle services operate between the airport and the city center, offering a more comfortable and convenient option than public transport. These services can be booked in advance or at the airport.
4. Car rental: Car rental companies such as Hertz, Avis, and Europcar have offices at the airport, offering a convenient option for those who prefer to drive themselves.
5. Private transfer: Private transfer services are available for those who prefer a more personalized service. These services can be booked in advance and offer door-to-door service to any destination in the city.
Overall, Minsk National Airport offers a range of transportation options to suit all budgets and preferences. Passengers can choose from taxis, buses, shuttles, car rentals, and private transfers to reach their destination in the city.
Minsk National Airport offers several car parking options for passengers and visitors. Here are the details of each parking area and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located right in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period. The first 15 minutes of parking are free, and the hourly rate is affordable.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a bit further away from the terminal building, but it offers a more affordable rate for those who need to park for a longer period. The parking lot is secured and monitored 24/7, ensuring the safety of your vehicle.
3. VIP parking: This parking area is located closest to the terminal building and offers a premium parking experience for those who want to enjoy extra convenience and comfort. The parking lot is secured and monitored 24/7, and there is a dedicated VIP lounge for passengers.
4. Express parking: This parking area is located right next to the terminal building and offers a quick and easy parking experience for those who are in a hurry. The parking lot is secured and monitored 24/7, and there is a dedicated entrance and exit for express parking customers.
Overall, Minsk National Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit different needs and budgets. Whether you need to park for a short period or a longer period, there is a parking area that will meet your requirements.
Car Rental at Minsk National Airport
Minsk National Airport is the main airport in Belarus and serves as a hub for the national airline, Belavia. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are located in close proximity to each other.
Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and primarily serves domestic flights. It has a capacity of 1.5 million passengers per year and features a range of amenities, including shops, restaurants, and currency exchange services. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for business and first-class passengers.
Terminal 2 is the newer and larger terminal, with a capacity of 5 million passengers per year. It primarily serves international flights and has a modern design with spacious waiting areas and a variety of shops and restaurants. The terminal also features a duty-free shopping area and a VIP lounge for premium passengers.
Both terminals are equipped with modern facilities and offer a range of services to ensure a comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers. The airport also provides a shuttle bus service between the two terminals for passengers with connecting flights. Overall, Minsk National Airport’s terminals provide a convenient and welcoming gateway to Belarus for travelers from around the world.
1. Belavia Belarusian Airlines
3. Turkish Airlines
5. LOT Polish Airlines
8. Wizz Air
9. Ukraine International Airlines
10. Uzbekistan Airways
11. Etihad Airways
12. Qatar Airways
14. Air France
15. Austrian Airlines
17. Georgian Airways
18. Pegasus Airlines
19. S7 Airlines
20. Czech Airlines.
Minsk National Airport is the main airport in Belarus and serves as a gateway to the country for international travelers. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
All passengers are required to go through security screening before entering the departure area. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their carry-on luggage scanned. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 100ml, are confiscated.
In addition to the standard security measures, Minsk National Airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport and its surroundings. They use advanced technology, such as CCTV cameras and facial recognition software, to identify potential threats and prevent unauthorized access to restricted areas.
Overall, Minsk National Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. Travelers can feel confident that they are in good hands when passing through this airport.
Minsk National Airport is the main airport in Belarus and serves as a gateway to the country for international travelers. The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers. These services include baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and language translation services.
Baggage handling services at Minsk National Airport are designed to make the process of checking in and collecting luggage as easy as possible. Passengers can take advantage of baggage carts and trolleys to transport their luggage to and from the airport. Additionally, the airport offers baggage wrapping services to protect luggage from damage during transit.
For passengers with mobility issues, Minsk National Airport provides wheelchair assistance. Trained staff members are available to assist passengers with getting to and from their gates, as well as with boarding and disembarking from their flights. The airport also has designated parking spaces for disabled passengers, making it easier for them to access the terminal.
Finally, Minsk National Airport offers language translation services to help international travelers communicate with airport staff and navigate the airport. These services are available in a range of languages, including English, Russian, and German. Passengers can request translation assistance at information desks located throughout the airport. Overall, Minsk National Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the airport experience as stress-free as possible for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Minsk National Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy before their flight. Here are some of the options available:
1. Belarusian Souvenirs – This shop offers a wide range of traditional Belarusian souvenirs, including handmade crafts, clothing, and accessories.
2. Duty-Free – Passengers can take advantage of duty-free shopping for a variety of products, including alcohol, tobacco, cosmetics, and electronics.
3. Press and Books – This shop offers a selection of newspapers, magazines, and books in various languages.
1. Burger King – This popular fast-food chain offers a variety of burgers, fries, and other snacks for travelers on the go.
2. Costa Coffee – This coffee shop serves a range of hot and cold drinks, as well as sandwiches and pastries.
3. Sky Bar – This restaurant offers a panoramic view of the airport and serves a variety of dishes, including traditional Belarusian cuisine and international favorites.
In addition to these options, there are also several cafes and bars throughout the airport, as well as a pharmacy and a currency exchange. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a sit-down meal, Minsk National Airport has something to suit every taste and budget.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Minsk National Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Orthodox Chapel – located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. The chapel is open 24/7 and offers services in Russian.
2. Catholic Chapel – located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. The chapel is open 24/7 and offers services in Polish and English.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. The prayer room is open 24/7 and offers facilities for ablution and prayer mats.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. The prayer room is open 24/7 and offers facilities for prayer and meditation.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free to use and open to people of all faiths. They provide a peaceful and quiet space for passengers and visitors to practice their religion or simply take a moment for reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Minsk National Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work while waiting for their flight, Minsk National Airport offers a number of comfortable workspaces. These include dedicated business lounges, which offer a quiet and comfortable environment with access to power outlets, free WiFi, and refreshments. There are also several cafes and restaurants throughout the terminal that provide a relaxed atmosphere for working or catching up on emails.
Meeting Rooms: The airport also has several meeting rooms available for hire, which are equipped with audio-visual equipment and can accommodate up to 20 people. These rooms are ideal for business meetings or conferences and can be booked in advance.
Overall, Minsk National Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and productive.
Minsk National Airport offers a variety of lounges to meet the needs of all travelers. Here are some of the lounges located within the airport:
- Belavia Business Class Lounge: Located in the International Departures Hall, Terminal 1.
- Cafe One Lounge: Located in the International Departures Hall, Terminal 1.
- Belavia VIP Lounge: Located in the International Departures Hall, Terminal 1.
- Belavia Business Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departures Hall, Terminal 2.
- Cafe One Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departures Hall, Terminal 2.
Accomodation Options Nearby Minsk National Airport
Minsk National Airport, the main gateway to Belarus, offers a range of accommodations to cater to travelers with varying budgets and preferences. Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly option or a luxurious stay, the airport provides a variety of choices to ensure a comfortable and convenient experience.
1. Transit Lounge:
If you have a short layover or want a quick rest between flights, the airport’s transit lounge is an economical choice. It offers comfortable seating, charging outlets, free Wi-Fi, and easy access to facilities like washrooms and dining outlets.
2. Capsule Hotel:
For a unique and affordable stay, you can opt for a capsule hotel located within the airport premises. These compact yet cozy rooms provide a private space with a bed, small workspace, and personal amenities. Capsule hotels offer a budget-friendly sleeping arrangement, especially for solo travelers with limited time.
3. Airport Hotels:
Situated near Minsk National Airport, there are several hotels that offer convenience and a range of amenities for both short and long stays. These hotels generally provide shuttle services to and from the airport, making transportation hassle-free. With comfortable rooms, modern facilities, and various dining options, these hotels cater to different budgets and requirements.
4. Business Hotels:
If you seek a more upscale experience, there are multiple business hotels in close proximity to the airport. These luxurious accommodations feature well-appointed rooms, extensive meeting and conference facilities, fitness centers, spas, and fine dining options. Suitable for business travelers or those seeking a higher level of comfort, these hotels provide a sophisticated and convenient stay.
5. Boutique Hotels:
For those who appreciate charm and unique design, boutique hotels near Minsk National Airport are worth considering. These smaller establishments often offer personalized service, distinctive decor, and an intimate atmosphere. While boutique hotels may vary in price, they generally provide an upscale experience with attention to detail.
Overall, the accommodation options at Minsk National Airport cater to the diverse needs of travelers, ranging from the most budget-conscious to those seeking luxurious amenities and services. Whether you choose a simple transit lounge, a capsule hotel, or opt for a more prestigious establishment, rest assured that you can find a suitable option to unwind and recharge during your time at the airport.
1. Boldyrev Club – Located just 2 kilometers from Minsk National Airport, Boldyrev Club is a recreational center that offers a wide range of activities such as indoor tennis, swimming, and squash.
2. Belarusian State Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Lifestyle – Around 10 kilometers from the airport, this open-air museum showcases traditional Belarusian houses and buildings, allowing visitors to step back in time and learn about the country’s rich cultural heritage.
3. Minsk-Arena – Situated approximately 15 kilometers away, Minsk-Arena is a multi-purpose indoor arena that hosts various sporting events, concerts, and exhibitions, providing entertainment for locals and tourists alike.
4. Chizhovka-Arena – About 13 kilometers from Minsk National Airport, Chizhovka-Arena is an ice hockey stadium that frequently hosts international matches and championships, offering an exciting experience for sports enthusiasts.
5. Waterpark Lebyazhy – Located just over 12 kilometers away, Waterpark Lebyazhy is the perfect place to unwind and have fun with its numerous slides, pools, and wave machines, making it a great option for families and thrill-seekers alike.
6. Dreamland – Situated roughly 13 kilometers from the airport, Dreamland is an amusement park with various rides, roller coasters, and attractions suitable for visitors of all ages, promising a day filled with excitement and adventure.
7. Minsk Zoo – A short drive of around 11 kilometers from the airport, Minsk Zoo is a popular destination for animal lovers, featuring a wide assortment of species from around the world, making it an ideal spot for a day of exploration.
8. Minsk Botanical Garden – Located approximately 10 kilometers away, the Minsk Botanical Garden offers a peaceful retreat with its diverse flora, including beautiful gardens, greenhouses, and even a Japanese Garden, providing a serene environment for relaxation.
9. Mound of Glory – A historic landmark situated about 18 kilometers from Minsk National Airport, the Mound of Glory is a memorial complex dedicated to the soldiers who fought in World War II. Visitors can learn about Belarus’ wartime history and enjoy breathtaking views from the observation deck.
10. Palace of Independence – Around 17 kilometers away from the airport, the Palace of Independence is a grand architectural masterpiece and the official residence of the President of Belarus. Visitors can explore the museum inside, which showcases the country’s political and cultural heritage.
History of Minsk National Airport
Minsk National Airport, also known as Minsk-2, is the main international airport in Belarus. It was opened in 1982 and was originally designed to serve as a backup airport for Moscow’s Sheremetyevo International Airport. However, after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Minsk National Airport became the main airport for Belarus.
In 2014, the airport underwent a major renovation and expansion project, which included the construction of a new terminal building and the modernization of the existing facilities. The new terminal building has a capacity of 2,800 passengers per hour and features state-of-the-art technology and amenities.
Today, Minsk National Airport serves as a hub for the national airline Belavia and is a major gateway to Belarus for international travelers. It offers direct flights to destinations in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, as well as domestic flights to other cities in Belarus. The airport is also an important cargo hub, handling a significant amount of air freight each year. With its modern facilities and strategic location, Minsk National Airport is poised to continue playing a key role in the region’s aviation industry for years to come.
Other Airports in Minsk Voblast, Belarus