The Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport is the main airport serving San Salvador, the capital city of El Salvador. It is named after Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero, a prominent Roman Catholic Archbishop who was assassinated in 1980. The airport is located about 50 minutes from the city center and serves as a hub for several airlines, including Avianca and Volaris.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport
- Other Airports in La Paz, El Salvador
How to Get to Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport
Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport is located in San Salvador, the capital city of El Salvador. The airport is approximately 45 minutes away from the city center by car.
To get to the airport, there are several transportation options available. Taxis are readily available and can be hailed on the street or booked through a ride-sharing app. The cost of a taxi ride to the airport will depend on your location and the time of day, but it typically ranges from $20 to $30 USD.
Another option is to take a shuttle bus service, which is a more affordable option. These shuttle buses operate on a fixed schedule and can be booked in advance. The cost of a shuttle bus ride to the airport is around $10 USD per person.
If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several car rental companies located at the airport. You can book a rental car in advance or upon arrival at the airport. The cost of renting a car will depend on the type of vehicle and the duration of your rental.
Overall, getting to Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you choose to take a taxi, shuttle bus, or rent a car, you can rest assured that you will arrive at the airport on time for your flight.
Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, also known as San Salvador International Airport, is the main airport serving the capital city of El Salvador. It is located approximately 45 minutes from the city center and offers several transportation options for travelers.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and are a convenient way to get to your destination. They are metered, and the fare will depend on your destination. It is recommended to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi.
2. Shuttle: Shuttle services are available at the airport and are a cost-effective way to get to your hotel or other destinations. These services are usually shared with other passengers, and the fare is fixed.
3. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Hertz, and National. Renting a car is a good option if you plan to explore the country on your own.
4. Public Transportation: Buses and microbuses are available outside the airport terminal and offer a cheap way to get to the city center. However, they can be crowded and uncomfortable, especially if you have a lot of luggage.
5. Private Transfer: Private transfer services are available at the airport and offer a more comfortable and personalized way to get to your destination. These services are usually pre-booked and can be arranged through your hotel or travel agent.
In conclusion, Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport offers several transportation options for travelers, including taxis, shuttles, car rentals, public transportation, and private transfers. It is recommended to choose the option that best suits your needs and budget.
Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are higher than other parking options.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are more affordable than short-term parking.
3. Covered parking: This parking area is located near the terminal building and offers covered parking spaces to protect vehicles from the elements. The rates for covered parking are higher than long-term parking but lower than short-term parking.
4. Valet parking: This parking option is located at the terminal building and offers a convenient way for travelers to drop off their vehicles and have them parked for them. The rates for valet parking are the highest among all parking options.
Overall, Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport
Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, also known as San Salvador International Airport, is the main airport serving the capital city of El Salvador. The airport has two terminals, Terminal A and Terminal B, which are connected by a covered walkway.
Terminal A is the main terminal and handles both domestic and international flights. It has a modern design and offers a range of facilities for passengers, including restaurants, cafes, duty-free shops, and currency exchange services. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for business and first-class passengers, as well as a children’s play area and a prayer room.
Terminal B is a smaller terminal that is used primarily for domestic flights. It has a more basic design and fewer facilities than Terminal A, but still offers a range of services for passengers, including a cafe, a newsstand, and a currency exchange desk.
Both terminals have a range of transportation options available, including taxis, rental cars, and shuttle buses. The airport also has a parking lot with both short-term and long-term parking options. Overall, Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport provides a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers flying to and from El Salvador.
2. Copa Airlines
3. Delta Air Lines
4. Spirit Airlines
5. United Airlines
6. Volaris Costa Rica
7. Wingo Airlines
Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, located in San Salvador, El Salvador, has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. The airport has a comprehensive security system that includes advanced technology and trained personnel to detect and prevent any potential threats.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before entering the airport terminal. The screening process includes X-ray machines, metal detectors, and body scanners. Additionally, all carry-on bags are thoroughly inspected to ensure that no prohibited items are brought on board the aircraft.
The airport also has a team of highly trained security personnel who monitor the airport premises 24/7. They are equipped with the latest technology to detect any suspicious activity and respond quickly to any potential threats. The airport also has a canine unit that is trained to detect explosives and other dangerous substances.
In conclusion, Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented strict protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. The airport’s advanced technology and highly trained personnel make it one of the safest airports in the region.
Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, also known as San Salvador International Airport, is the main airport serving El Salvador. The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers.
One of the most important traveler’s assistance services offered at the airport is the information desk. The information desk is staffed by knowledgeable and friendly personnel who can provide passengers with information on flight schedules, airport facilities, transportation options, and other travel-related queries.
Another important service offered at the airport is baggage assistance. The airport has a team of baggage handlers who are responsible for handling and transporting luggage to and from the aircraft. Passengers can also avail of baggage wrapping services to protect their luggage from damage or theft.
For passengers with special needs, the airport offers wheelchair assistance and other mobility aids. Passengers can request for these services at the information desk or through their airline. The airport also has designated parking spaces for passengers with disabilities.
Overall, Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport is committed to providing excellent traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, located in San Salvador, El Salvador, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
1. Duty Free Americas – This shop offers a wide range of products including liquor, tobacco, fragrances, cosmetics, and more.
2. Tienda de Artesanías – This shop sells handmade crafts and souvenirs from El Salvador.
3. Hudson News – This shop offers a variety of reading materials, snacks, and travel essentials.
1. Subway – This popular sandwich chain offers a variety of subs, salads, and sides.
2. Cinnabon – This bakery specializes in cinnamon rolls, as well as other sweet treats and beverages.
3. Coffee Cup – This café serves a variety of coffee drinks, as well as sandwiches, pastries, and other snacks.
In addition to these options, there are also several other restaurants and shops available at Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, providing travelers with a range of choices to suit their needs and preferences.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, also known as San Salvador International Airport, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at the airport:
1. Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, the airport chapel is open 24/7 and offers a peaceful space for prayer and meditation. The chapel is equipped with religious literature, candles, and a crucifix.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The airport has a dedicated prayer room for Muslim passengers and visitors. The prayer room is located on the second floor of the terminal building and is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator.
3. Meditation Room – The airport also has a meditation room for passengers and visitors who wish to practice mindfulness or meditation. The room is located on the second floor of the terminal building and is equipped with comfortable seating and a peaceful ambiance.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open to people of all faiths and are designed to provide a peaceful and welcoming environment for spiritual practice and reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, located in San Salvador, El Salvador, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building. Passengers can easily connect to the network by selecting the “Aeropuerto Internacional de El Salvador” network and following the instructions to log in.
For passengers who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workspace facilities. These include:
1. Business Center:
The airport’s business center is located on the second floor of the terminal building and provides a quiet and comfortable space for passengers to work. The center is equipped with computers, printers, and high-speed internet access.
There are several lounges located throughout the airport that offer comfortable seating, charging stations, and free WiFi access. Some of the lounges also provide complimentary snacks and beverages.
3. Cafes and Restaurants:
The airport has a variety of cafes and restaurants that offer comfortable seating and free WiFi access. Passengers can enjoy a meal or a cup of coffee while working or studying.
Overall, Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flight.
At Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, you can find a variety of lounges that offer a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere for travelers. Here is a list of the lounges and their locations:
- Salon VIP – located in Terminal A
- Lounge ANA – located in Terminal B
- Lounge Aero Club – located in Terminal B
- Salon VIP Business – located in Terminal C
- Star Alliance Lounge – located in Terminal C
Accomodation Options Nearby Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport
Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, located in El Salvador, offers a variety of accommodation options for travelers, catering to various budgets and preferences. Whether you are seeking budget-friendly alternatives or indulging in luxurious amenities, this airport has something for everyone. Let’s explore the diverse accommodation options available:
1. Airport Lounges: If you have a long layover or prefer a tranquil environment, several lounges offer comfortable seating, complimentary Wi-Fi, refreshments, and sometimes even showers. Perfect for resting and catching up on work or relaxation.
2. Hotels near the Airport: Within a close proximity to the airport, you will find a range of hotels catering to different budgets and preferences. From budget-friendly options to high-end luxury accommodations, these hotels offer convenient access and often provide shuttle services for seamless connectivity.
– Budget-Friendly: There are several budget-friendly hotels near the airport offering comfortable rooms, basic amenities, and pocket-friendly rates. These hotels cater to the needs of cost-conscious travelers without compromising on quality service.
– Mid-Range: For travelers who seek a balance between affordability and comfort, several mid-range hotels provide quality accommodation, well-appointed rooms, and additional amenities such as breakfast, fitness centers, and pool facilities.
– Luxury Hotels: If you want to indulge in an unforgettable stay, several luxurious hotels near the airport offer refined elegance, top-notch facilities, and exceptional service. These hotels often boast plush rooms, fine dining options, spas, and other lavish amenities.
3. Airport Transit Hotel: To further ease your travel experience, Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport offers an on-site transit hotel. This option allows passengers to stay within the airport premises during layovers or long waits between flights. These transit hotels provide comfortable rooms, convenient access to departure gates, and a range of amenities.
Note: While the airport area offers various accommodation choices, it is important to consider your requirements, preferences, and availability. Prior research and reservations can ensure a seamless and enjoyable stay at any of these establishments.
1. Joya de Cerén Archaeological Site: Located just a short distance from the airport, this UNESCO World Heritage site provides a glimpse into the daily life of the ancient Mayan civilization.
2. San Salvador Volcano: Situated on the outskirts of the city, this dormant volcano offers breathtaking views of the capital city and the surrounding landscape. Hiking trails abound, making it a favorite spot for adventurers.
3. El Boquerón National Park: Nestled within the crater of the San Salvador Volcano, this park boasts lush forests and beautiful hiking trails. Visitors can also explore the Los Planes de Renderos viewpoint for stunning panoramic views of the city.
4. Santa Tecla: A nearby city known for its vibrant nightlife, Santa Tecla offers a plethora of restaurants, bars, and clubs. Visitors can enjoy live music, delicious cuisine, and a lively atmosphere that keeps the party going until the early hours.
5. Lake Ilopango: This stunning volcanic crater lake is a popular spot for water sports enthusiasts. Visitors can indulge in activities such as kayaking, jet skiing, and boat tours, while also taking in breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
6. Tazumal Archaeological Site: History buffs will appreciate a visit to this ancient Mayan site in the city of Chalchuapa, just a short drive from the airport. Explore the ruins, including the impressive pyramid structures, to learn more about El Salvador’s rich cultural heritage.
7. Suchitoto: Located about an hour away from the airport, this charming colonial town is renowned for its cobblestone streets, stunning architecture, and vibrant arts scene. Stroll through the picturesque town center, visit art galleries, and enjoy delicious traditional cuisine.
8. La Ruta de las Flores: Embark on a scenic drive along this picturesque route, which winds through mountains, coffee plantations, and colorful flower-filled landscapes. Stop by quaint towns along the way for artisan crafts, local delicacies, and stunning views.
9. El Tunco: A popular beach destination for surfers, this laid-back coastal town offers world-class waves, beachfront restaurants, and a relaxed atmosphere. Join surf lessons, soak up the sun on black sand beaches, and enjoy fresh seafood dishes.
10. Pacific Coast Beaches: Just a short drive away from the airport, El Salvador’s Pacific Coast is dotted with pristine beaches and luxury resorts. From El Zonte to El Cuco, visitors can experience the beauty of white sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and indulge in water sports or simply unwind by the shore.
History of Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport
Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, also known as San Salvador International Airport, is the main airport in El Salvador. The airport was named after Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero, a prominent Salvadoran Roman Catholic priest who was assassinated in 1980. The airport was officially inaugurated in 1980, just a few months before Romero’s assassination.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 1998, a new terminal building was constructed, which increased the airport’s capacity to handle more than 1.5 million passengers annually. In 2014, the airport underwent another major renovation, which included the construction of a new runway and the expansion of the terminal building.
Today, Monsenor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Central America, serving as a hub for several airlines, including Avianca, Copa Airlines, and Delta Air Lines. The airport offers a wide range of services and amenities for passengers, including restaurants, shops, and duty-free stores. It also has several transportation options, including taxis, buses, and rental cars, making it easy for travelers to get to and from the airport.
Other Airports in La Paz, El Salvador