Mont-Tremblant International Airport is a small airport located in the Laurentian Mountains of Quebec, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the popular ski resort town of Mont-Tremblant and the surrounding area.
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Mont-Tremblant International Airport
Mont-Tremblant International Airport is located in the Laurentian Mountains of Quebec, Canada. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your starting point.
If you are coming from Montreal, the easiest way to get to Mont-Tremblant International Airport is by car. Take Highway 15 North and then Highway 117 North until you reach the airport. The drive takes approximately 1.5 hours.
If you are coming from Ottawa, take Highway 50 East until you reach Highway 15 North. Then take Highway 117 North until you reach the airport. The drive takes approximately 2 hours.
If you prefer public transportation, there are several shuttle services available from Montreal and Ottawa. These shuttles run on a regular schedule and can be booked in advance.
Overall, getting to Mont-Tremblant International Airport is relatively easy and straightforward. Whether you choose to drive or take a shuttle, you can expect a scenic journey through the beautiful Laurentian Mountains.
Mont-Tremblant International Airport is a small airport located in the beautiful Laurentian Mountains of Quebec, Canada. Despite its small size, there are several transportation options available to travelers arriving at the airport.
1. Car Rental: There are several car rental companies located at the airport, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. Renting a car is a great option for those who want to explore the surrounding area at their own pace.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available outside of the airport terminal and can take you to your destination in Mont-Tremblant or the surrounding area. It is recommended to book a taxi in advance to avoid waiting times.
3. Shuttle Service: Several shuttle services operate between the airport and Mont-Tremblant. These services offer shared or private transportation and can be booked in advance or upon arrival at the airport.
4. Public Transportation: The Société de transport de la Vallée de Mont-Tremblant (STT) operates a bus service between the airport and Mont-Tremblant. The bus runs several times a day and is an affordable option for those traveling on a budget.
5. Limousine Service: For those looking for a more luxurious transportation option, limousine services are available at the airport. These services offer private transportation to your destination in Mont-Tremblant or the surrounding area.
No matter which transportation option you choose, you can be sure that you will arrive at your destination safely and comfortably.
Mont-Tremblant International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the available parking options and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for travelers who need to park for a few hours or less.
2. Long-term parking: This parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for several days or more. Shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the terminal.
3. Valet parking: This service is available for travelers who want the ultimate convenience. Simply drop off your car at the terminal and a valet will park it for you. When you return, your car will be waiting for you at the terminal.
4. Disabled parking: Designated parking spaces are available for travelers with disabilities in both the short-term and long-term parking lots. These spaces are located close to the terminal building for easy access.
Overall, Mont-Tremblant International Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, valet service, or disabled parking, you can find it all at this airport.
Car Rental at Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Mont-Tremblant International Airport is a small airport located in the Laurentian Mountains of Quebec, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and well-equipped with all the necessary amenities for travelers.
The terminal at Mont-Tremblant International Airport is divided into two levels. The lower level is where passengers can find baggage claim, car rental services, and ground transportation. The upper level is where passengers can check-in for their flights, go through security, and access the departure gates. The terminal also has a small restaurant and gift shop for passengers to enjoy while waiting for their flights.
Mont-Tremblant International Airport is a popular destination for skiers and snowboarders during the winter months. The airport offers direct flights to major cities in Canada and the United States, making it a convenient option for travelers. The terminal is designed to handle a moderate amount of traffic, so passengers can expect a quick and efficient check-in process. Overall, Mont-Tremblant International Airport’s terminal is a comfortable and convenient place for travelers to begin their journey to the Laurentian Mountains.
- Air Canada
- Air Transat
- Sunwing Airlines
- Air Creebec
- Pascan Aviation
Mont-Tremblant International Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal.
Upon arrival at the airport, passengers are required to go through a security screening process. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their carry-on luggage scanned. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 100ml, will be confiscated.
The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the terminal and surrounding areas. They are responsible for identifying and responding to any potential security threats. Additionally, the airport has installed CCTV cameras throughout the terminal to provide additional security coverage.
Mont-Tremblant International Airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety and security of the airport. This includes conducting regular security drills and exercises to test the effectiveness of security protocols.
Overall, Mont-Tremblant International Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff.
Mont-Tremblant International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have, and to provide guidance on navigating the airport and its facilities.
One of the key services offered by Mont-Tremblant International Airport is its wheelchair assistance program. Passengers with mobility issues can request wheelchair assistance when booking their flight, or upon arrival at the airport. Trained staff will be on hand to provide assistance with boarding and disembarking, as well as navigating the airport and its facilities.
The airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including baggage assistance, lost and found, and language translation services. Passengers can also take advantage of the airport’s free Wi-Fi and charging stations, as well as its selection of shops, restaurants, and other amenities. With its commitment to providing top-notch traveler’s assistance services, Mont-Tremblant International Airport is a great choice for anyone looking for a stress-free travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Tremblant Marketplace: Located in the main terminal, this marketplace offers a variety of shops and services, including a duty-free store, a souvenir shop, a newsstand, and a pharmacy.
2. The Tremblant Café: This cozy café offers a selection of hot and cold drinks, as well as light snacks and pastries.
3. The Tremblant Bistro: This restaurant serves a variety of international cuisine, including French, Italian, and Canadian dishes.
4. The Tremblant Bar: This bar offers a selection of local and international beers, wines, and spirits.
5. The Tremblant Boutique: This boutique offers a selection of designer clothing, accessories, and gifts.
6. The Tremblant Deli: This deli offers a selection of freshly prepared sandwiches, salads, and other light meals.
7. The Tremblant Store: This store offers a selection of souvenirs, books, and magazines.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Mont-Tremblant International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith during their travels. These areas are located in the following places:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – This room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the security checkpoint. It is open 24/7 and is available for passengers of all faiths.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian Chapel is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the baggage claim area. It is open 24/7 and is available for passengers who wish to pray or attend services.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the security checkpoint. It is open 24/7 and is available for passengers who wish to pray or perform ablutions.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the security checkpoint. It is open 24/7 and is available for passengers who wish to pray or observe Jewish customs.
5. Meditation Room – The Meditation Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the security checkpoint. It is open 24/7 and is available for passengers who wish to meditate or practice mindfulness.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are designed to provide a peaceful and welcoming environment for passengers of all faiths. They are equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other necessary amenities to ensure that passengers can practice their faith comfortably and respectfully.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Mont-Tremblant International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work while waiting for their flight, the airport offers a number of comfortable seating areas with power outlets and USB ports, allowing travelers to charge their devices and work on their laptops or tablets.
Business Center: The airport also has a fully-equipped business center with printing, scanning, and faxing facilities, making it easy for travelers to take care of any last-minute business needs.
Meeting Rooms: For those who need to hold a meeting or conference, the airport has several meeting rooms available for rent, which come equipped with audiovisual equipment and high-speed internet access.
Overall, Mont-Tremblant International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
- Passer’s Lounge: Located in the main terminal, near the check-in counters.
- United Club: Located in the main terminal, between Gate 4 and 5.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: Located in the main terminal, near Gate 4.
- Delta Sky Club: Located in the main terminal, near Gate 2.
- Sunwing Lounge: Located in the main terminal, opposite Gate 1.
- Allegiant Air Lounge: Located in the main terminal, opposite Gate 3.
Accomodation Options Nearby Mont-Tremblant International Airport
1. Hotel Mont-Tremblant: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a bar.
2. Auberge de Mont-Tremblant: This hotel is located in the heart of Mont-Tremblant and offers a variety of amenities, including a spa, a restaurant, and a bar.
3. Chalets Mont-Tremblant: This resort offers a variety of chalets, ranging from one to four bedrooms, with fully equipped kitchens and private balconies.
4. Condos Mont-Tremblant: This resort offers a variety of condos, ranging from one to four bedrooms, with fully equipped kitchens and private balconies.
5. Camping Mont-Tremblant: This campground offers a variety of camping sites, ranging from tent sites to RV sites, with access to a variety of amenities, including a pool, a playground, and a restaurant.
Mont-Tremblant International Airport is located in the heart of the Laurentian Mountains, offering visitors easy access to a wide range of attractions and activities. Here are some of the top attractions near the airport:
1. Mont-Tremblant Ski Resort: This world-renowned ski resort is just a short drive from the airport and offers some of the best skiing and snowboarding in North America. With over 600 acres of skiable terrain, 96 trails, and 14 lifts, there’s something for everyone here.
2. Mont-Tremblant National Park: This stunning park is home to over 400 lakes and rivers, as well as a diverse range of wildlife. Visitors can enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, and canoeing in the summer, and cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter.
3. Scandinave Spa Mont-Tremblant: This luxurious spa offers a range of relaxation and wellness treatments, including hot and cold baths, saunas, and massages. It’s the perfect place to unwind after a day of skiing or hiking.
4. Casino de Mont-Tremblant: This popular casino offers a range of gaming options, as well as live entertainment and dining. It’s a great place to try your luck and enjoy a night out.
5. Golf courses: Mont-Tremblant is home to several world-class golf courses, including Le Diable and Le Geant. These courses offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains and are a must-visit for golf enthusiasts.
6. Tremblant Village: This charming pedestrian village is home to a range of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as a variety of events and festivals throughout the year. It’s a great place to explore and soak up the local culture.
Overall, Mont-Tremblant International Airport is the perfect gateway to all the attractions and activities that this beautiful region has to offer. Whether you’re a skier, hiker, golfer, or spa enthusiast, there’s something for everyone here.
History of Mont-Tremblant International Airport
Mont-Tremblant International Airport is a small airport located in the Laurentian Mountains of Quebec, Canada. The airport was originally built in 1946 as a military airfield and was used by the Royal Canadian Air Force until 1963. After the military left, the airport was used for general aviation until it was purchased by Intrawest in 1995.
Intrawest, a Canadian resort development company, saw the potential of the airport as a gateway to their nearby ski resort, Mont-Tremblant. They invested heavily in the airport, upgrading the runway and building a new terminal building. In 2000, the airport was officially designated as an international airport, allowing for international flights to land and take off.
Today, Mont-Tremblant International Airport serves as a vital transportation hub for the region, providing easy access to the ski resort and surrounding areas. The airport is serviced by several airlines, including Air Canada, Porter Airlines, and WestJet, and offers direct flights to several Canadian and US cities. Despite its small size, Mont-Tremblant International Airport plays an important role in the local economy and tourism industry.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport