Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport is the main airport serving Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is located on the Island of Montreal, approximately 20 kilometers from downtown Montreal. The airport is named after the former Prime Minister of Canada, Pierre Elliott Trudeau.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
Montreal is a popular destination for both business and leisure travelers. The city is served by Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, which is located about 20 kilometers from downtown Montreal. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, bus, and train.
If you are driving to the airport, you can take Highway 20 or Highway 520, which both lead directly to the airport. There are several parking options available at the airport, including short-term and long-term parking.
Taxis are also readily available in Montreal and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The ride from downtown Montreal to the airport takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
If you prefer public transportation, there are several bus routes that serve the airport, including the 747 Express Bus, which runs 24 hours a day and connects the airport to downtown Montreal. The fare for the 747 bus is $10 and can be purchased on board or at the airport.
Finally, if you are coming from outside of Montreal, you can take the train to the airport. The VIA Rail station is located at the airport and offers connections to major cities across Canada.
Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport is the main airport serving Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is located approximately 20 kilometers from downtown Montreal. There are several transportation options available to travelers arriving at the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can be found outside the arrivals area. The fare to downtown Montreal is approximately $40-$50 CAD and takes around 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.
2. Public Transit: The STM (Société de transport de Montréal) operates a bus service from the airport to downtown Montreal. The 747 bus runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and takes approximately 45-60 minutes to reach downtown. The fare is $10 CAD and includes unlimited travel on the STM network for 24 hours.
3. Shuttle Service: Several shuttle services operate from the airport to downtown Montreal and other destinations. These services are often more affordable than taxis and offer a convenient door-to-door service. Some popular shuttle services include Aeroport Taxi & Limousine, Skyport Shuttle, and Montreal Shuttle.
4. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. Rental cars can be booked in advance or at the airport upon arrival.
5. Private Car Service: Private car services such as Uber and Lyft are also available at the airport. These services offer a convenient and affordable alternative to taxis and shuttle services.
No matter what transportation option you choose, Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport offers a variety of options to suit every traveler’s needs and budget.
Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Multi-Level Parking: This is the closest parking option to the terminal building and is located directly across from the terminal. It offers covered parking and is ideal for short-term parking.
2. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal building and offers uncovered parking at a lower rate than the Multi-Level Parking. It is ideal for long-term parking.
3. Valet Parking: This is a premium parking option that offers the convenience of dropping off your car at the terminal and having it parked for you. It is located on the departures level of the terminal building.
4. Park’N Fly: This off-site parking option is located a short distance from the airport and offers shuttle service to and from the terminal building. It is ideal for long-term parking and offers competitive rates.
No matter which parking option you choose, Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport has you covered with convenient and affordable parking options.
Car Rental at Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
Montreal/Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport is the main airport serving Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a pedestrian walkway. Terminal 1 is the larger of the two terminals and serves most of the airlines that operate out of the airport. Terminal 2 is used primarily by low-cost carriers and charter airlines.
Terminal 1 at Montreal/Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport is a modern and spacious facility that offers a wide range of amenities for travelers. The terminal has a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as duty-free stores for international travelers. There are also several lounges available for passengers who want to relax before their flight. The terminal is equipped with free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and plenty of seating areas.
Terminal 2 at Montreal/Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport is a smaller and more basic facility, but it still offers a range of amenities for travelers. The terminal has a few shops and restaurants, as well as a lounge for passengers. There are also charging stations and free Wi-Fi available throughout the terminal. While Terminal 2 may not have as many amenities as Terminal 1, it is still a convenient and efficient option for travelers on a budget or those flying with low-cost carriers.
1. Air Canada
3. Air Transat
4. Porter Airlines
5. Delta Air Lines
6. American Airlines
7. United Airlines
8. British Airways
10. Air France
11. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
12. Turkish Airlines
13. Qatar Airways
16. Air China
17. China Eastern Airlines
18. China Southern Airlines
19. Hainan Airlines
20. Japan Airlines
21. Korean Air
22. Philippine Airlines
23. Royal Air Maroc
25. Air Algerie
26. Ethiopian Airlines
28. Royal Jordanian
30. Swiss International Air Lines
31. TAP Air Portugal
33. WOW air
34. Air Creebec
35. First Air
36. Innu Mikun Airlines
37. Pascan Aviation
38. Sunwing Airlines
39. Flair Airlines
Montreal/Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Canada, serving millions of passengers every year. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. The security measures are in line with the regulations set by the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
The airport security protocols include screening of passengers, carry-on and checked baggage, and cargo. Passengers are required to go through metal detectors, body scanners, and X-ray machines. They are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before going through the security checkpoint. Liquids, gels, and aerosols are restricted to a maximum of 100ml per container and must be placed in a clear plastic bag.
The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport premises and respond to any security threats. The airport has installed CCTV cameras throughout the airport to monitor the movement of passengers and staff. The airport also has a canine unit that sniffs out explosives and other prohibited items. Overall, Montreal/Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport has implemented robust security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
Montreal, the largest city in Quebec, is a popular destination for tourists and business travelers alike. The city is served by the Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, which is located about 20 kilometers from downtown Montreal. The airport is one of the busiest in Canada, handling millions of passengers every year.
Traveler’s assistance is available at the Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport to help passengers navigate the airport and make their travel experience as smooth as possible. The airport offers a range of services, including baggage assistance, wheelchair assistance, and language assistance. Passengers can also find information about flight schedules, airport facilities, and transportation options.
The airport has a number of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable, including restaurants, cafes, and shops. There are also lounges available for passengers who want to relax before their flight. The airport is well-connected to the city, with a range of transportation options available, including taxis, buses, and trains.
Overall, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport provides a high level of traveler’s assistance to ensure that passengers have a stress-free and enjoyable travel experience. With its range of services and amenities, the airport is a great gateway to the vibrant city of Montreal.
Shops and Restaurants
Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the popular ones:
1. Hudson News – This shop offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, books, snacks, and souvenirs.
2. Duty-Free – This shop offers a wide range of duty-free products such as liquor, tobacco, perfumes, and cosmetics.
3. Swarovski – This shop offers a range of crystal jewelry, accessories, and home decor items.
4. Montblanc – This shop offers luxury writing instruments, watches, and leather goods.
5. L’Occitane en Provence – This shop offers a range of natural beauty products such as skincare, body care, and fragrances.
1. Tim Hortons – This Canadian coffee chain offers a range of coffee, tea, sandwiches, and baked goods.
2. Starbucks – This international coffee chain offers a range of coffee, tea, sandwiches, and baked goods.
3. A&W – This fast-food chain offers burgers, fries, and soft drinks.
4. Subway – This sandwich chain offers a range of sandwiches, salads, and sides.
5. La Tapenade Mediterranean Café – This café offers a range of Mediterranean-inspired dishes such as sandwiches, salads, and mezze plates.
Overall, Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a luxury shopping experience, you’ll find something to suit your needs.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at the airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the Departures level, near Gate 53, this prayer room is open 24/7 and is available to passengers of all faiths. The room is equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and ablution facilities.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the Departures level, near Gate 25, this prayer room is exclusively for Muslim passengers. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla indicator, and ablution facilities.
3. Christian Chapel – Located on the Departures level, near Gate 53, this chapel is open 24/7 and is available to passengers of all Christian denominations. The chapel is equipped with religious texts, a cross, and seating for prayer and meditation.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – Located on the Departures level, near Gate 25, this prayer room is exclusively for Jewish passengers. The room is equipped with prayer books, a Torah scroll, and a menorah.
Passengers can access these prayer rooms and worship areas free of charge. The airport also provides a chaplaincy service for passengers who need spiritual support or guidance.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, and other online activities.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workspace options. The airport’s business center provides private workstations with computers, printers, and other office equipment. There are also several lounges available for passengers to relax and work in a more comfortable setting.
Lounges: The airport has several lounges available for passengers to use, including the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, the National Bank Lounge, and the Priority Pass Lounge. These lounges offer comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and beverages, and access to WiFi and other amenities.
Meeting Rooms: The airport also has several meeting rooms available for rent, which are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 50 people. These rooms are ideal for business meetings, presentations, and other events.
Overall, Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected, the airport has everything you need to make the most of your time there.
The following list provides some of the lounges available at Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport:
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Located in Domestic Terminal, near Gate 33
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Located in International Terminal, near Gate 67
- Air France/KLM Lounge – Located in International Terminal, near Gate 74
- Alitalia Salon – Located in International Terminal, near Gate 74
- American Airlines Admiral’s Club – Located in International Terminal, near Gate 79
- British Airways Terraces Lounge – Located in International Terminal, near Gate 79
- Lufthansa Lounge – Located in International Terminal, near Gate 78
- Priority Pass Lounge – Located in International Terminal, near Gate 69
- Star Alliance Lounge – Located in International Terminal, near Gate 78
Accomodation Options Nearby Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, located in Quebec, Canada, offers a range of accommodation options to cater to the diverse needs and budgets of travelers. Whether you are looking for budget-friendly choices or luxurious stays, the airport has got you covered.
1. On-site Airport Hotels:
a) Marriott Montreal Airport In-Terminal Hotel: Conveniently located within the airport terminal, this upscale hotel offers modern rooms and suites, fitness facilities, on-site dining options, and event spaces.
b) Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Montreal-Dorval: Situated near the airport, this hotel provides comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast, fitness center, and a free shuttle service to and from the terminals.
2. Off-site Airport Hotels:
a) Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel: Just a short distance from the airport, this lavish hotel features stylish rooms, a fitness center, an indoor pool, on-site dining, and shuttle services.
b) Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport: Offering a great value for the price, this hotel provides comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast, a fitness center, and free shuttle transportation.
3. Budget-friendly options:
a) Hotel MTL Express: Located minutes away from the airport, this budget hotel offers simple rooms, complimentary Wi-Fi, free airport shuttle, and a 24-hour front desk service.
b) Comfort Inn Aeroport: Situated in close proximity to the airport, this affordable hotel provides comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast, free airport shuttle, and parking facilities.
4. Boutique Hotels:
a) Aloft Montreal Airport: This trendy hotel showcases modern design and offers spacious rooms, a fitness center, indoor pool, on-site bar, and shuttle services.
b) Montreal Airport Marriott Terminal Hotel: With contemporary rooms, an on-site spa, a fitness center, and multiple dining options, this boutique hotel promises a memorable stay.
5. Luxury Hotels:
a) Hotel ALT Montreal Airport: This premium hotel boasts chic rooms, a rooftop terrace, fitness facilities, on-site dining, and complimentary airport shuttle service.
b) Le Crystal Hotel: Offering luxurious suites with stunning city views, this upscale hotel features an indoor saltwater pool, a spa, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
It is important to note that some accommodations mentioned may offer additional amenities such as meeting rooms, airport shuttles, and dining options. Whether you are seeking convenience, affordable comfort, or indulgent luxury, Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport delivers an array of accommodations to suit your preferences and make your stay enjoyable.
1. Mount Royal Park: Located just 20 minutes away from the airport, Mount Royal Park offers stunning panoramic views of Montreal’s skyline and is a popular spot for outdoor activities like hiking, running, and picnicking.
2. Old Montreal: Step back in time as you explore the charming cobblestone streets of Old Montreal. This historic district is filled with beautiful architecture, charming shops, art galleries, and delicious restaurants.
3. Saint Joseph’s Oratory: One of the most famous landmarks in Montreal, Saint Joseph’s Oratory is a breathtaking Catholic basilica that welcomes visitors from all over the world. Its stunning architecture and peaceful atmosphere make it a must-visit attraction.
4. Botanical Garden and Biodome: Immerse yourself in nature at the Montreal Botanical Garden and Biodome. These two attractions, located nearby, offer a variety of ecosystems, gardens, and animal exhibits, providing a perfect opportunity for a day of exploration and education.
5. La Ronde: For thrill-seekers, La Ronde is the place to visit. This amusement park, located just a short distance away, offers a variety of adrenaline-pumping rides, shows, and entertainment for the whole family.
6. Casino de Montreal: If you’re feeling lucky, head to Casino de Montreal, the largest casino in Canada. With its vibrant atmosphere, extensive gaming options, and live entertainment, this casino promises an exciting night out.
7. Montreal Museum of Fine Arts: For art enthusiasts, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts is a must-visit. Boasting an impressive collection of artworks from various periods and cultures, this museum offers a captivating cultural experience.
8. Lachine Canal: Enjoy a leisurely bike ride or stroll along the scenic Lachine Canal. This historic waterway provides a tranquil escape from the city buzz, lined with charming cafes, marinas, and beautiful green spaces.
9. Biosphere: Located on Saint Helen’s Island, the Biosphere is an environmental museum dedicated to promoting ecological awareness. Its unique architecture, interactive exhibits, and educational programs make it an engaging attraction for all ages.
10. Olympic Park: Home to the iconic Olympic Stadium, Olympic Park is a hub of sports and entertainment. Explore the stadium, visit the Sports Museum, or catch a game or concert at the adjacent venues to fully experience this historic landmark.
(Note: The attractions listed are near Montreal/Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, and approximate distances may vary. It is advisable to check their availability and operating hours before visiting.)
History of Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
Montreal is a vibrant city located in the province of Quebec, Canada. It is home to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, which is the busiest airport in the province. The airport was named after the former Prime Minister of Canada, Pierre Elliott Trudeau, who was a native of Montreal. The airport has a rich history that dates back to the early 1940s when it was first established.
The airport was initially known as the Dorval Airport and was used primarily for military purposes during World War II. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and was renamed the Montreal International Airport. In 1984, the airport was renamed again to honor the former Prime Minister, Pierre Elliott Trudeau, who had passed away the previous year.
Today, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that serves millions of passengers each year. It has undergone several renovations and expansions over the years to keep up with the growing demand for air travel. The airport is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and amenities, including shops, restaurants, and lounges, to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and enjoyable experience. With its rich history and modern facilities, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport is a vital part of Montreal’s transportation infrastructure and a gateway to the world.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport